Page 1 of 1
Speed Run on Autogyro Adventure [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 15:48:06 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Any major tips for this? I'm having a TOUGH time meeting the time requirements. It's to the point that even after speed running (with the purple boosters) the entire course I was still short 90 seconds. I also didn't stop on any optional locations. I have a tough time getting rockets towards the end which I'm sure is adding to my problem.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:49:42 21/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 21:41:58 21/07/2013
I did this and it was rough.
I recommend you use Slam Bam for it becuase that's who I did it with.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#3 Posted: 21:48:24 21/07/2013
Recommended: Your fastest character. I used Zook since he done all the heroics.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Pieman87 Green Sparx Gems: 430
#4 Posted: 21:59:16 21/07/2013
It was easy for me. The time you need to beat differed between systems in the first game, maybe it does in this one.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#5 Posted: 22:00:11 21/07/2013
^ It doesn't in Giants
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#6 Posted: 23:59:56 21/07/2013
Quite simply, you'll need a powerful, fast character to do the platforming segments, the cheaper or more overpowered they are, the better. Someone like Flashwing, Chill, or Stealth Elf (funny, all female characters), Chill in particular is good because you've got that water section towards the end.

Stockpiling rockets on easily farmable sections is key as well, but there's a fine line between wasting time and using it wisely.

Finally! Do you have the Speed boots item from Dragon's peak? It's a bit of a silly question, but that'll boost you through the platforming segments.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 02:44:36 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nelomet
Quite simply, you'll need a powerful, fast character to do the platforming segments, the cheaper or more overpowered they are, the better. Someone like Flashwing, Chill, or Stealth Elf (funny, all female characters), Chill in particular is good because you've got that water section towards the end.

Stockpiling rockets on easily farmable sections is key as well, but there's a fine line between wasting time and using it wisely.

Finally! Do you have the Speed boots item from Dragon's peak? It's a bit of a silly question, but that'll boost you through the platforming segments.

So, you have to resort to cheats to get this? I've got tons of upgraded skylanders....

I might just go with lightcores to save a few seconds on some of the battles, use a "fast" skylander...funny though a large part of this is flying...did anyone see a material benefit in using the speed boosters?

Also, I think I remember stock piling early on rockets, but I think at one point they "disappeared". Will have to investigate further.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:42 22/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#8 Posted: 05:25:57 22/07/2013
If by cheats you mean characters who're 'overpowered', then perhaps.

Hmm, odds are rockets do vanish between specific segments.

Lightcores are a good way to clear out a room to save a few seconds, does the warp in time for characters add to your time total? How about cutscenes?

I'm not sure if the Speed boo(s)t item affects your Gyrocopter, probably not.

The only other advice I can offer is to simply keep trying, it's probably the tightest level.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#9 Posted: 09:19:47 22/07/2013
Weird, I don't remember having much problem, I feel like I got this first try, MAYBE second or third... I use Stealth Elf for nearly all of my speed runs her acrobatic flip makes her so quick and she kills fast.

Also, I know when driving the Arkeyan Robot that tech characters shoot more, they get a triple shot, and I think Air reloads fastest... I think these rules also apply to flying the Autogyro, so that might help.

You can carry a limit of 6 rockets. To farm them, at the first opportunity I collect until I have 6 (they come 2 at a time), then when I'm about to collect and waste the next 2, I fire one destroying the shield, then collect the floating rockets to reload to 6. But 6 only goes so far. If you have 2 shields you use 2 (even in one shot), and I did notice 3 shields using 3 rockets in one shot at one point. Also, if you crash you lose all the rockets you had. You DO always keep them from segment to segment, you only lose them by using them or crashing. But you do have to collect more every now and then to keep from running out, ideally to run out of them the last time you need them, in the last big room to land on the first unique platform you've seen, covered in those metal trap doors.

And don't think of the Speed Boots as cheats, it's not like someone hacked the game to give them to you, they are officially licensed Skylanders items, I feel using them is fair and square. But I've heard reports they don't help a character's dash or flying, so I'm sure they won't speed up your flying either.

For the flying I just followed the coin path, as closely as possible, using boosts whenever possible.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:20:23 22/07/2013 by niceguy1
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#10 Posted: 23:39:52 05/08/2013
I got it in 14:47! I used Stealth Elf lvl 15, top ubgrade path and Flameslinger S2 (his Wow Pow really helps!) lvl 15 top path.
Flameslinger was for speed running and smilie was for killing everything...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:43:47 05/08/2013 by Mesuxelf
#11 Posted: 10:25:10 07/08/2013
^*her, Stealth Elf is female, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 14:46:01 07/08/2013
Fully maxed out (50/50 Heroics) Drobot (Series 2 or Lightcore). Don't stop at any platform you don't have to. Don't let up on the boost. Don't spend too much time on the enemies.

This one was quite easy, actually. It was 15 and 16 you have to really hurry in.

EDIT: Oh, and this is on Nightmare.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:18 07/08/2013 by GameMaster78
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#13 Posted: 15:22:14 07/08/2013
Quote: niceguy1
^*her, Stealth Elf is female, LOL!

When did I reference Stealth Elf as a male? When I said "his wow pow", I was talking about Flameslinger...
#14 Posted: 01:21:19 08/08/2013
Oh wow! I read and re-read your post before I wrote, and every time my mind just skipped over the word "Flameslinger" in that line. WOW that's embarrassing! LOL! I was indeed referring to the "(his Wow Pow really helps!)" part.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me