Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Godzilla 2014 [CLOSED]
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#201 Posted: 23:42:51 15/05/2014
THIS IS IT! The apocalypse...
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#202 Posted: 03:41:26 16/05/2014
So this movie was figgin awesome smilie they did a great job with Godzilla and fights smilie My friends decided name Muto George lol twas funny to watch them constantly correct the people in the movie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#203 Posted: 05:39:44 16/05/2014
I liked the movie a lot but I feel like they should have focused more on the monster fighting than the people. Like, it would cut to monsters fighting and then suddenly back to people and I thought, "No go back!"
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#204 Posted: 20:09:03 16/05/2014
Was good the 20 minutes Godzilla was on screen. Pacific Rim did it better.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#205 Posted: 02:54:34 17/05/2014
I just saw it 3 hours ago.

It was a really good movie. Just wish Godzilla had some more screen-time earlier in the film.

Luckily, the final battle makes up for the lack of screen-time.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#206 Posted: 05:29:48 17/05/2014
That was great film, 10/10.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#207 Posted: 10:16:25 17/05/2014
So with this movie released, am I the only one who really wants to see a new godzilla game? <.< I would love something like Destroy All Monsters back in the day
---
Praise Helix!!!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#208 Posted: 13:46:08 17/05/2014
personally I didn't mind the lack of godzilla, the human drama was meh but still more interesting than the 1998 version

godzilla and pacific rim crossover when
#209 Posted: 05:40:49 18/05/2014
Quote: ace
So with this movie released, am I the only one who really wants to see a new godzilla game? <.< I would love something like Destroy All Monsters back in the day

Would absolutely love to see a new one! But with more monsters than they've used in the past. Bring in all of them and lots of different versions of Godzilla!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#210 Posted: 10:57:23 18/05/2014
king of the monsters????? more like the king of the BOX OFFICE amrite????
#211 Posted: 11:36:39 18/05/2014
Quote: Rendar

Would absolutely love to see a new one! But with more monsters than they've used in the past. Bring in all of them and lots of different versions of Godzilla!

Idk about ALL of them but definitely a lot of em <.< more characters in any fighting game, the better it is lol
---
Praise Helix!!!
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#212 Posted: 12:30:03 18/05/2014
I saw it on opening day.

I thought it was great. Godzilla was awesome as ever, and the MUTOs were very well designed and developed. My only complaint really was that the human story wasn't nearly as interesting. I loved Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe's performances, and that's about it.

I'm glad this was my true introduction to the Godzilla franchise (not that 1998 piece of crap), and this definitely makes me a Godzilla fan now.

8.5/10

I actually went to buy the original Gojira and Mothra vs. Godzilla the day after i saw it and i thought both were really good.
---
Cool cool.
#213 Posted: 17:21:36 18/05/2014
Quote: pankakesparx456
I saw it on opening day.

I thought it was great. Godzilla was awesome as ever, and the MUTOs were very well designed and developed. My only complaint really was that the human story wasn't nearly as interesting. I loved Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe's performances, and that's about it.

I'm glad this was my true introduction to the Godzilla franchise (not that 1998 piece of crap), and this definitely makes me a Godzilla fan now.

8.5/10

I actually went to buy the original Gojira and Mothra vs. Godzilla the day after i saw it and i thought both were really good.

You should take a look at the 90's Godzilla movies as well and watch them in order. Good luck finding the first one in that series, Godzilla 1985/The Return of Godzilla though. Maybe on VHS...
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#214 Posted: 18:33:44 18/05/2014

Idk about ALL of them but definitely a lot of em <.< more characters in any fighting game, the better it is lol

Check out Godzilla Unleashed on the Wii. Has over 20 playable monsters. Double what Destroy All Monsters had.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#215 Posted: 19:17:08 18/05/2014
Quote: DutRank

Check out Godzilla Unleashed on the Wii. Has over 20 playable monsters. Double what Destroy All Monsters had.

While Unleashed had more monsters, which I loved, the game felt terrible. When I bought it, I thought it would be the same feel as Save The Earth, but it wasn't. I mean the moves were the same, but how the monsters controlled, the setting, and the graphics all changed for the worst and made the game not likable for me. I've met many that feel the same way.

If you want the game with the most monsters, get Unleashed. If you want the one that feels the best, get Godzilla Saves the Earth. Saves the Earth has decent amount of monsters, though. I apologize for misspelling. It's been a while.
Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 90, Anguirous, Megalon, Gigan, Rodan, Mechagodzilla 3(Kiryu), Mechagodzilla 2, King Ghidora, Mecha King Ghidora, Orga, Space Godzilla(My favorite), Mothra(Start at larva and can turn unto butterfly in match), Destroyah, Baragon, Jet Jaguar.

Uhh...I can't remember the rest.
....ok, here's a list from Wikipedia.
Anguirus
Baragon
Destoroyah
Gigan
Godzilla 90's
Godzilla 2000
King Ghidorah
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Kiryu (called MechaGodzilla 3 in-game)
Jet Jaguar
MechaGodzilla 2
Megaguirus
Megalon
M.O.G.U.E.R.A. (called M.O.G.U.E.R.A. 2 in-game)
Mothra (Larva and Imago)
Orga
Fire Rodan
SpaceGodzilla

This is how I feel about it, though.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#216 Posted: 22:58:12 18/05/2014 | Topic Creator
saw this movie yesterday.

i have to say it was technicly inaccurate sometimes but the fight at the end was badass
#217 Posted: 01:34:12 19/05/2014
Quote: wspyro
Quote: DutRank

While Unleashed had more monsters, which I loved, the game felt terrible. When I bought it, I thought it would be the same feel as Save The Earth, but it wasn't. I mean the moves were the same, but how the monsters controlled, the setting, and the graphics all changed for the worst and made the game not likable for me. I've met many that feel the same way.

If you want the game with the most monsters, get Unleashed. If you want the one that feels the best, get Godzilla Saves the Earth. Saves the Earth has decent amount of monsters, though. I apologize for misspelling. It's been a while.
Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 90, Anguirous, Megalon, Gigan, Rodan, Mechagodzilla 3(Kiryu), Mechagodzilla 2, King Ghidora, Mecha King Ghidora, Orga, Space Godzilla(My favorite), Mothra(Start at larva and can turn unto butterfly in match), Destroyah, Baragon, Jet Jaguar.

Uhh...I can't remember the rest.
....ok, here's a list from Wikipedia.
Anguirus
Baragon
Destoroyah
Gigan
Godzilla 90's
Godzilla 2000
King Ghidorah
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Kiryu (called MechaGodzilla 3 in-game)
Jet Jaguar
MechaGodzilla 2
Megaguirus
Megalon
M.O.G.U.E.R.A. (called M.O.G.U.E.R.A. 2 in-game)
Mothra (Larva and Imago)
Orga
Fire Rodan
SpaceGodzilla

This is how I feel about it, though.

That was my line of thinking when i said Destroy all Monsters lol but besides technology has advanced quite a bit since Unleased. I'd love to see a new modern game released. I mean DBZ continues to spit out games fairly frequently so i'm sure Godzilla can every couple of years lol
---
Praise Helix!!!
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#218 Posted: 03:18:14 19/05/2014
Saw Godzilla opening night, and I can say with a child like smile on my face that the 10 year wait for this movie was so worth it! Godzilla was my childhood in a nutshell, since 1998 I've loved him, and that's around the time I started walking. Ever since I saw Final Wars, I've been waiting to see another movie, can't believe that was in 2004. If I saw it in IMAX than it would've been the best time I ever had seeing a movie, actually scratch that, The Other Woman was hilarious, but Godizlla really rubbed me the right way, it made me feel like 10 years younger when I was watching this. Every shot with Godzilla was beyond fantastic, and when he first roared at that airport scene I bet people in the parking lot could hear it, it was so loud! It went right thru me! That's when I knew I'd be stalking this movie contastly for a DVD release date. The MUTOs were cool too, I liked their design but I felt they did steal the spotlight from Godzilla sometimes, as did the humans, there were parts when the monster action would be cut off for human interactions and I was a bit annoyed by that, but the final battle made all that go away! I love godzillas new design even if he looks a bit tubby (I think he looks kinda cute sometimes like that lol.)
I give it a 9.9/10 If there was more monster action and less rude human interruptions than I'd give it a perfect score, but it's easily my favorite movie of 2014 and my possible new fav from the entire Godzilla franchise, good luck beating final wars though!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#219 Posted: 01:50:06 25/05/2014
I liked the movie a lot but I feel like they should have focused more on the monster fighting than the people. Like, it would cut to monsters fighting and then suddenly back to people and I thought, "No go back!"

This sums up my feelings.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#220 Posted: 17:59:41 05/06/2014
This movie was EPIC. However, like everyone else said, there should have been way less human conflict. I was afraid that the movie would turn into a military theme, like the Tristar Godzilla (which shouldn't even be rightfully called Godzilla... so I just call it 'Zilla'. >>). Turns out, there was some military involvement, but as much as I had dreaded would happen. Godzilla didn't even appear until half way through his own movie, which I thought he should had been given more screen time. As a fan of the old Japanese Godzilla, I was expecting and hoping that one of the old monsters would make an appearance, or at least a cameo, like King Ghidorah! That would have been awesome..

Did anyone notice the Mothra cameo? It was at the beginning of the movie, where Ford and his Dad go into their old house, and the old battered insect tank had a tag on it that said "Mothra". I just thought that was a neat little cameo. smilie

My opinion? They should make a movie for his 70th anniversary, and have all the monsters from Godzilla Save the Earth, and Godzilla Unleashed, and just have one epic brawl between all the monsters. smilie
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#221 Posted: 20:40:01 05/06/2014
Quote: AmethystRose
This movie was EPIC. However, like everyone else said, there should have been way less human conflict. I was afraid that the movie would turn into a military theme, like the Tristar Godzilla (which shouldn't even be rightfully called Godzilla... so I just call it 'Zilla'. >>). Turns out, there was some military involvement, but as much as I had dreaded would happen. Godzilla didn't even appear until half way through his own movie, which I thought he should had been given more screen time. As a fan of the old Japanese Godzilla, I was expecting and hoping that one of the old monsters would make an appearance, or at least a cameo, like King Ghidorah! That would have been awesome..

Did anyone notice the Mothra cameo? It was at the beginning of the movie, where Ford and his Dad go into their old house, and the old battered insect tank had a tag on it that said "Mothra". I just thought that was a neat little cameo. smilie

My opinion? They should make a movie for his 70th anniversary, and have all the monsters from Godzilla Save the Earth, and Godzilla Unleashed, and just have one epic brawl between all the monsters. smilie

I'm personally fine with Godzilla's screen time.

I honestly think his screen time closely follows the old Japanese Godzilla movie formula. He isn't on much but the time he is on is glorious and satisfying.
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#222 Posted: 20:56:32 05/06/2014
Sadly, I lost interest when
Bryan Cranston's character died. I can't believe they killed him off so soon.

However, I gained interest whenever Godzilla appeared...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#223 Posted: 21:53:47 05/06/2014
Am I the only one hoping that King Kong gets rebooted as well so a VS movie could come out?
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#224 Posted: 21:59:11 05/06/2014
Quote: somePerson
Am I the only one hoping that King Kong gets rebooted as well so a VS movie could come out?

King Kong vs. Godzilla.. A remake of that would be awesome.
Well, there WAS that King Kong remake made in 2005... And the CGI style of that movie reminded me somewhat of this CGI Godzilla (of course, with better quality). It could happen!
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#225 Posted: 05:05:43 06/06/2014
Universal would have to let them use King Kong and I doubt they will. They won't even let the Japanese version of Godzilla vs. King Kong come out in the US.
#226 Posted: 19:47:39 26/07/2014
hnnnngh

[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#227 Posted: 22:03:07 26/07/2014
^odfngldfjhkdfnhfjnhfhgfkhn!

FANGIRLING
#228 Posted: 00:02:01 27/07/2014
Legendary is also making a new King Kong for 2016. (Please let them do a crossover, please)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#229 Posted: 03:17:05 27/07/2014
I hope King Kong doesn't win in a BS in the crossever if they make one.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me