Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Trayvon Martin Case [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 02:35:51 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Alright, time for another Metallo topic.

I honestly think that they're both at fault. Trayvon for hitting Zimmerman, and Zimmerman for disobeying police orders. If someone is following you, you don't just run up to them and start hitting them, not unless they try to attack you. Trayvon was wrong for that, it wasn't like Zimmerman was going to jump on him or anything. Zimmerman had no idea he was going to murder Trayvon. I don't give a damn how scared you are of someone, you do not hit them just for following you.

Now, on to Zimmerman. Oh, this crazy bastard. Called the police multiple times for stupid reasons in the year leading up to the shooting, that throws up a red flag. This dude is paranoid, he'd feel threatened if you looked at him funny. Now, if Trayvon really DID beat up Zimmerman as badly as it's claimed, then yes, the shooting was justified because Zimmerman had to defend himself. But Trayvon was kind of a skinny kid, and Zimmerman was kind of a big man, so I just don't see that happening. Then again, anything's possible. But Zimmerman's screw up here was that he disobeyed police orders. He was following Trayvon while on the phone with police, and the police told him to stop following him. And what did he do? Kept on stalking Trayvon. He could've been in hot water for that alone. When the police tell you to do something, YOU DO IT. And the simple fact is, if Zimmerman would've obeyed that police officer, then none of this tragedy would've happened.

I find it stupid that people are making race a factor. Like, really? What is this, the 19th century? Come on folks. Race isn't a factor at all. I think it's not only prejudice, but even immature to bring race into it. The simple facts are that Trayvon was a semi-street thug and Zimmerman was a paranoid maniac. That's the truth, plain and simple. But that doesn't justify anything that happened here.

My condolences go out to Trayvon's family (I have a friend who claims to be a distant cousin of Trayvon's. Not sure if that's true but it's possible), and also to that of Zimmerman, because I'm sure they're worried about his fate. It's very sad that this happened, and I sincerely hope they can move on.

And your thoughts?
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#2 Posted: 02:41:48 13/07/2013
This will be a fun topic.

Eh, i never was interested in this enough to actually form an opinion. Though, he should have listened to the police.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#3 Posted: 02:50:01 13/07/2013
I actually agree with you Metallo......

I don't really care, though whenever hear about it, my thoughts usually go along the lines of what you posted.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#4 Posted: 03:18:51 13/07/2013
I think it's kind of like the incident in which the soccer player in Utah punched the ref, and unexpectedly killed him, both of them are suffering from the incident.
#5 Posted: 03:51:39 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Pixilism
I believe Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter (although I believe murder, myself).

Zimmerman was looking for trouble when he decided to leave his house/stalk the kid with a gun. Would Trayvon have any reason to attack him? He was on his way from a 7/11 with a drink and a bag of Skittles. He had no reason to attack Zimmerman. I believe it was Zimmerman that had the intention of killing Trayvon, and I hope he serves the jail time.

I wouldn't say Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He's just overly paranoid, which of course can be just as bad as looking for trouble.
Padfoot74 Blue Sparx Gems: 743
#6 Posted: 04:34:14 13/07/2013
[insert CSI:Miami pun here]

---
Go,Typhlosion!! Use Flamethrower!! [SOCKS!!!]
#7 Posted: 04:46:47 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Padfoot74
[insert CSI:Miami pun here]

Look, this is one of my few serious topics. Either make a contribution to the discussion, or leave.
Padfoot74 Blue Sparx Gems: 743
#8 Posted: 04:48:19 13/07/2013
Dude its S&N Deal With It!!!
---
Go,Typhlosion!! Use Flamethrower!! [SOCKS!!!]
#9 Posted: 04:59:13 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Padfoot74
Dude its S&N Deal With It!!!

I know and I realize that. But there are serious topics on this board, and most people WILL respect a serious topic when they see it. Don't you dare try to tell me how this forum works, I've been here much longer than you.
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#10 Posted: 05:05:19 13/07/2013
I have been reading about this case and I have to agree with you Metallo. They are both at fault.
But if Zimmerman listened to the police officer, maybe all of this would have never happened.
---
Always tired~
#11 Posted: 05:11:41 13/07/2013
Quote: Vincentkoopa
I have been reading about this case and I have to agree with you Metallo. They are both at fault.
But if Zimmerman listened to the police officer, maybe all of this would have never happened.

If Zimmerman had listened to the poilce, If Trayvon hadn't attacked him and just kept walking. Life is full of if's, could've's, would've's and should've's. You know what they say, hindsight is always 20/20. It's a matter of using the judgement in the here and now to try to reach that 20/20 as best as you can, even though it is near impossible as one would need psychic powers to see the future to be able to know what to do to do things right.

Both made a mistake, one cost him is life, the other's hangs in the balance. I do see him as guilty, though at the same time I see it as an accident, he didn't mean to kill him, he was scared, paranoid, and tried to protect himself from something he perceived at the time to be a threat.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#12 Posted: 05:15:50 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki

If Zimmerman had listened to the poilce, If Trayvon hadn't attacked him and just kept walking. Life is full of if's, could've's, would've's and should've's. You know what they say, hindsight is always 20/20. It's a matter of using the judgement in the here and now to try to reach that 20/20 as best as you can, even though it is near impossible as one would need psychic powers to see the future to be able to know what to do to do things right.

Both made a mistake, one cost him is life, the other's hangs in the balance. I do see him as guilty, though at the same time I see it as an accident, he didn't mean to kill him, he was scared, paranoid, and tried to protect himself from something he perceived at the time to be a threat.

Yep, you two pretty much nailed what I was saying smilie
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#13 Posted: 13:19:13 13/07/2013
Also, I think what one women said on Hanity last night was pretty good. About that there only showing older pictures of Trayvon, they make him look like some helpless kid, but he was big and he was a fighter, and their also trying to make it seem like he was an angel and Zimmerman was some big bad guy. But then its also help for Zimmerman that Trayvon is dead, can't tell his side of the story.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#14 Posted: 13:39:16 13/07/2013
I'm siding with Zimmerman.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#15 Posted: 13:40:27 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ryanator20x6
I'm siding with Zimmerman.

Alright, care to state your reasons? This IS a discussion topic, after all. smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#16 Posted: 14:15:47 13/07/2013
I tend not to follow high-profile criminal cases unless they're at the federal level or in the state of New York, since those rulings will have an impact on interpretation of state and/or federal laws. That said, I've read about the case and I do believe that there was fault on both sides, but we can never have the full story, because one side of it can never be told. What exactly was Martin's mindset before and when he approached Zimmerman?

One thing I can say for certain is that the case would most likely be significantly more open-and-shut if this hadn't happened in the state of Florida, where there's a serious amount of ambiguity thanks to their version of the Stand-your-round-law, which doesn't offer us a clear cut definition of what justifies reasonable self defense. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#17 Posted: 02:26:39 14/07/2013
I can't believe this. smilie

Seriously, I knew he'd get away with it. I'm pissed right now, a life lost and a man walks free.
#18 Posted: 02:28:07 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I mean, I was more or less neutral through the whole thing, but it's pissing me off how people are trying to make it look like a racist hate crime.
#19 Posted: 02:29:34 14/07/2013
I just hope the verdict doesn't spark a riot or something.
---
Always tired~
#20 Posted: 02:30:46 14/07/2013
Quote: Metallo
I mean, I was more or less neutral through the whole thing, but it's pissing me off how people are trying to make it look like a racist hate crime.

This, so much of this...........
---
#21 Posted: 02:32:40 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Oh, there will be more riots than you can imagine. This is pretty much a Second Civil War we're looking at here.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#22 Posted: 02:34:21 14/07/2013

I don't see it as a race thing I see it as an asshole killing a young man. Why? It could be racial, but I myself don't see it that way. A man kills a young man, then he gets away with it, that's how I see it.
#23 Posted: 02:34:26 14/07/2013

Oh, there will be more riots than you can imagine. This is pretty much a Second Civil War we're looking at here.

Let us hope the police and pastors are able to help keep the peace.
---
Always tired~
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#24 Posted: 02:35:16 14/07/2013
i'm not really sure what i think it is
but it is true that more white people commit crimes in the US than black people and yet they are more often convicted.
and yet it also seemed like a huge case of thin-triggered paranoid self-defense...that i really don't have a firm opinion but some of the "fallout" reminds me of a few things...

this is just my surface opinion of it as i haven't really followed it, feel free to correct me.
#25 Posted: 02:36:22 14/07/2013
Quote: Pixilism
Jury verdict: Not guilty of manslaughter.

I can't say I am not disappointed.

Quote: thumper
I can't believe this. >:(

Seriously, I knew he'd get away with it. I'm pissed right now, a life lost and a man walks free.

Quote: HIR
One thing I can say for certain is that the case would most likely be significantly more open-and-shut if this hadn't happened in the state of Florida, where there's a serious amount of ambiguity thanks to their version of the Stand-your-round-law, which doesn't offer us a clear cut definition of what justifies reasonable self defense. <.<

>Relatively conservative state
>Very ambiguous laws with respect to self defense

Also, there was the fact that Casey Anthony was ALSO found Not Guilty in the same state. If anything, I expected more deliberation before a Not Guilty verdict. <.<;
---
#26 Posted: 02:59:20 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I agree 100%.

I'm actually glad that Zimmerman is walking free. I personally don't think he did anything wrong (aside from following Trayvon even after being told NOT to). Trayvon attacked him and he felt that his life was in danger and so he defended himself. I would have done the same thing if I was in that situation. However, I still believe that Zimmerman shouldn't have followed him, especially after being told NOT to. I believe that he is at least guilty of that. I think it's ridiculous how some people are turning this into a racist thing though, that really pisses me off.

Well apparently not following the police's orders is NOT illegal. I know, I said "wtf" too.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#27 Posted: 03:09:47 14/07/2013

I agree 100%.

I'm actually glad that Zimmerman is walking free. I personally don't think he did anything wrong (aside from following Trayvon even after being told NOT to). Trayvon attacked him and he felt that his life was in danger and so he defended himself. I would have done the same thing if I was in that situation. However, I still believe that Zimmerman shouldn't have followed him, especially after being told NOT to. I believe that he is at least guilty of that. I think it's ridiculous how some people are turning this into a racist thing though, that really pisses me off.

Agreed so much. To me it's like saying not voting for Obama is racist.
#28 Posted: 03:12:11 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Well apparently not following the police's orders is NOT illegal. I know, I said "wtf" too.

It should be illegal.

Yes, it should.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#29 Posted: 03:47:38 14/07/2013
Mostly what I got out of this case is.... a guy killed another guy. And so he should be punished accordingly but he's not
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#30 Posted: 03:50:18 14/07/2013
So he should be punished for self defense?
God, you guys can be ignorant.
#31 Posted: 03:54:03 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Big Green
Mostly what I got out of this case is.... a guy killed another guy. And so he should be punished accordingly but he's not

[User Posted Image]

- - -
#32 Posted: 04:01:13 14/07/2013
Quote: Bravo101

Oh but where is all this self defense talk when i comes to that stupid dog thats trending every social media site? He shot it for self denfence and everyone have lost their minds like when 3 people died and yet 30 died in a car bomb but know one cares about the souldiers in a stupid war that could have ben avoided.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#33 Posted: 04:02:56 14/07/2013
Quote: DragonCamo

Oh but where is all this self defense talk when i comes to that stupid dog thats trending every social media site? He shot it for self denfence and everyone have lost their minds like when 3 people died and yet 30 died in a car bomb but know one cares about the souldiers in a stupid war that could have ben avoided.

Plz make sense and tlk to me l8r
kthxbai
#34 Posted: 04:04:55 14/07/2013
Quote: DragonCamo

Plz make sense and tlk to me l8r
kthxbai

Basically a random rant that has no purpose to be in this topic ^__^
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#35 Posted: 04:15:26 14/07/2013

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I wasn't there and neither were you. Either way there are bigger things going on right now like what Dragoncamo said (I think that's what he meant)
#36 Posted: 04:17:58 14/07/2013
Quote: Big Green

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I wasn't there and neither were you. Either way there are bigger things going on right now like what Dragoncamo said (I think that's what he meant)

No, i was jut comparing they reactions of this and the dog shooting, then compairing the reactions of the dog shooting with the reaction to the boston bombing. Then i started ranting about what i though of the war. : D i make things overly complicated.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#37 Posted: 04:24:52 14/07/2013
They're all completely different cases.
#38 Posted: 04:27:45 14/07/2013
Perhaps this will motivate Governor Scott and the Florida legislature to reevaluate the Stand-your-ground law as it currently is and close up the loopholes. <.<;
---
#39 Posted: 04:27:46 14/07/2013
They're all completely different cases.

Exactly.
And now i will exit this topic, ciao!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#40 Posted: 04:31:04 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Perhaps this will motivate Governor Scott and the Florida legislature to reevaluate the Stand-your-ground law as it currently is and close up the loopholes. <.<;

Yeah, those self defense laws are so confusing.
#41 Posted: 06:54:12 14/07/2013
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_...y_in_trial.html

Well, looks like whether you think he was guilty of murder or not, this guy should be behind bars. Seems he's a rapist too
#42 Posted: 06:56:49 14/07/2013
Instead of prison, I think this guy should be placed in a mental hospital to help try to fix his insanity. (which probably won't work) >_>
But that is my opinion.
---
Always tired~
#43 Posted: 06:58:29 14/07/2013
Instead of prison, I think this guy should be placed in a mental hospital to help try to fix his insanity. (which probably won't work) smilie
But that is my opinion.

His insanity???
#44 Posted: 14:21:04 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Instead of prison, I think this guy should be placed in a mental hospital to help try to fix his insanity. (which probably won't work) smilie
But that is my opinion.

He's not insane, just paranoid. Paranoia isn't a mental illness, I don't think. Feel free to correct me.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me