Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Real or Fake? Purple Metallic S2 Lightning Rod
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Real or Fake? Purple Metallic S2 Lightning Rod [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 23:02:15 11/07/2013
Quote: bigslam
Quote: Matteomax
Yep.

I wonder who else..

Spyro or Wrecking Ball?

Maybe the gill grunt we saw on skylanders universe before it shut down

Well, if this Lightning Rod is from wave 5 boxes, then you can rule out Gill Grunt, because he isn't in those boxes. Gill would have to be in a wave 5 box (minus the .1)... if that box even exists in North America.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 23:09:48 11/07/2013
Heh. So, all the folks on here talking about how this seller is a scammer, that it's fake and such...

who's going to be the first to apologize and admit they were wrong for jumping to conclusions?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#53 Posted: 23:35:24 11/07/2013
If I didn't already have regular smilie, I'd see if I could find this one. He's one of my faves.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#54 Posted: 23:47:39 11/07/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Heh. So, all the folks on here talking about how this seller is a scammer, that it's fake and such...

who's going to be the first to apologize and admit they were wrong for jumping to conclusions?

Well, to be honest, CINDYBEANS is a mega scalper. Prices that make ToyWiz look cheap. And there are some stories of questionable transactions with them as well. They can demand apologies when they stop taking advantage of people. $25 for a Pop Fizz, really?

But, like I said in my earlier post, them being disreputable scalpers did not automatically make this a fake. It simply meant to me, that I would be unwilling to believe it on their word alone. And most of the people that questioned it gave their reasons for doing so.

Still on about the Molten Hot Dog thing? You should take satisfaction in that you were right and proved it, and the people that overreacted and reported you looked like idiots. Not continuing to browbeat people for being skeptical of new info on figures six months later. You don't just take everyone word for it do you? Because if you do then the whole Wicked Thumpback thing must have been a big disappointment for you in the end.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#55 Posted: 00:02:08 12/07/2013
No apologies here. Still believe this is fake and a scam. I may be proven wrong in time, and if so, so be it.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#56 Posted: 00:24:54 12/07/2013

Are you serious?

I don't know whether to call it an inferiority complex or superiority complex, when people on the net go around calling out those who were calling out others who may be providing info that could be looked at as a scam or false.

Maybe it's arrogance, who knows. Either way, this kind of talk always sounds stupid when someone says it, and someone always makes sure to say it when the skeptics are put on ice.

I called foul on this, but no apologies here. I'm not going to apologize, just because someone's inferiority/superiority complex is shining bright in an attempt to see something that will please them. Their issues with others' opinions on things aren't my problem, and no one else should have to explain or apologize for their skepticism, either. I know I won't. If I want to be a skeptic, I will be one. No one will tell me otherwise. They may try, but they will look stupid in the process.
---
#57 Posted: 00:26:18 12/07/2013
Bahamut, Chris works for TFB. I can vouch for him. If he says it's legit, it's legit. I would like to know what other characters got the same treatment as Lightning Rod? I'm surprised these haven't hit Ebay yet.
---
#58 Posted: 00:34:36 12/07/2013
MegaX:
Skepticism is one thing. Name calling and attacking people is a whole different ball park, my friend.

If you don't think someone should be an adult, admit when they're in the wrong and apologize, then let me say, I'm not at all surprised. At least you practice what you preach though.

Quote: defpally

Well, to be honest, CINDYBEANS is a mega scalper. Prices that make ToyWiz look cheap. And there are some stories of questionable transactions with them as well. They can demand apologies when they stop taking advantage of people. $25 for a Pop Fizz, really?

Scalping isn't scamming. Two totally different ball parks.

Quote:
You don't just take everyone word for it do you? Because if you do then the whole Wicked Thumpback thing must have been a big disappointment for you in the end.

Not at all - but I also don't just flat assume that the world is a horrible evil place where everyone's out to get me either.

There's got to be a happy medium between "believe everything" and "deny everything". Some folks here haven't learned that yet.

And I'm not talking about the people who said something like "I think it's fake" or something of the like. It's the ones that flat out said it was a scam or that pointed out how the package didn't line up just right, or the paint was off, etc., etc. as if they're some kind of experts on the subject. Those are the ones who should come forward and admit they were wrong.

Truth be told, I had my doubts. The fact that it wasn't up on eBay yet seemed odd. But, you'll note that I didn't come in here, guns blasting, accusing people of foul deeds and such. I waited, because I knew the truth would come out soon enough and no one really needed a bunch of people coming in here, throwing out uninformed accusations that did nothing for anyone in the end.
#59 Posted: 00:36:32 12/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I can vouch for him.

Well, then... if YOU can vouch for him, then that means everything!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#60 Posted: 01:09:43 12/07/2013
Popcorn, get cho' popcorn!

In the left corner, at 838 gems, we have UncleBob!
In the right corner, at 1284 gems, we have GameMaster78!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#61 Posted: 01:18:11 12/07/2013
Referring this stupid argument is ZapNorris!
---
words. letters. filler.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#62 Posted: 01:23:46 12/07/2013
Why can't you see that if an employee said it was real its real!!!
This is insanity!
I am a literal doubting Thomas, and I believe him!
Come on!
Please stop arguing!
I will continue to try to stop this!
People like you are the reason that almost every thread ends in an arguments,
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#63 Posted: 01:51:11 12/07/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Referring this stupid argument is ZapNorris!

Hot dog is offering lemonade from his monopoly card.
Don't ask where it comes from
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#64 Posted: 01:58:09 12/07/2013
I always think it's fake... Until I see a total of 10 on Ebay! Some guys this website is *scalpers!* And it's the only website that we can find one!?!? He's not on Amazon.com or Ebay.com... and you can see some blue on his hands!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#65 Posted: 02:17:23 12/07/2013
The QA Manager of TFB confirmed that this toy is real. Isn't this enough proof for the non-believers?

Quote: Chris at TFB
I am happy to confirm that this Lightning Rod is real!

Let the hunt begin!!

~Chris
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#66 Posted: 02:22:57 12/07/2013
Ok thanks Aura24! Yeah... Let the hunt begin... I never saw S2 Lightning rod... how can I see a purple one... lol
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
mo1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#67 Posted: 03:11:48 12/07/2013
Hasn't every metallic character been from a toy fair or as an E3 exclusive?
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#68 Posted: 03:12:08 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I am happy to confirm that this Lightning Rod is real!

Let the hunt begin!!

~Chris

AWESOME!!!! See you tomorrow Chris.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#69 Posted: 03:29:13 12/07/2013
Nice Lightning Rod
#70 Posted: 08:42:48 12/07/2013
Quote: ninja9351
This is insanity!
Come on!
Please stop arguing!

Not sure if you're referring to me, Ninja, but I sincerely hope not.
There's nothing "insane" about this discussion. And I'm not "arguing".
And to be frank, there is very little "arguing" on this forum/website. If you believe there's and abundance of "arguing" on Dark Spyro, then you haven't been many places on the internet.
This forum is one of the most civil and relatively non-volatile forums I've ever participated in.

Anyway, while the input from "Chris" certainly makes the authenticity of "purple Lightning Rod" somewhat more believable, his testimony, by itself, is not a guarantee. If multiple secondary market sellers begin selling "purple Lightning Rod" on Amazon and Ebay in the next week or so, then I'll be convinced. But there are SO many fake variants of Skylanders out there, I believe it's healthy to take "Chris'" comments with a grain of salt. If "Chris" would like to take a photo of himself holding a "purple Lightning Rod" on a Portal with the TV screen showing the "special Series 2 Lightning Rod" character introduction display ... well then, that's the proverbial smoking gun. He's not obligated to do so, but unless we see that or the aforementioned Amazon/Ebay sightings, then there's still plenty of reason to doubt the authenticity of "purple Lightning Rod".
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#71 Posted: 08:51:21 12/07/2013
For what it's worth ... this is apparently "Cindy Beans":

Cindy Beans

Hard to judge a book by its cover, but she doesn't exactly exude integrity or honesty, in my opinion.

Also, if you visit the link for Rare Violet Metallic Lightning Rod at her website, you now get the following error message:

" This product does not exist at Cindy's Beans.

Possible reasons:

This product may have been removed from our store.
You may have mistyped the URL to the page you were looking for.
You may have followed an outdated or broken link from another website."

http://www.cindysbeans.com/pro...ERS-GIANTS.html
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:55:06 12/07/2013 by BahamutBreaker
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#72 Posted: 11:17:05 12/07/2013
Interesting that this one is real. When is it coming out?
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#73 Posted: 12:16:00 12/07/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Quote: ninja9351
This is insanity!
Come on!
Please stop arguing!

Not sure if you're referring to me, Ninja, but I sincerely hope not.
There's nothing "insane" about this discussion. And I'm not "arguing".
And to be frank, there is very little "arguing" on this forum/website. If you believe there's and abundance of "arguing" on Dark Spyro, then you haven't been many places on the internet.
This forum is one of the most civil and relatively non-volatile forums I've ever participated in.

Anyway, while the input from "Chris" certainly makes the authenticity of "purple Lightning Rod" somewhat more believable, his testimony, by itself, is not a guarantee. If multiple secondary market sellers begin selling "purple Lightning Rod" on Amazon and Ebay in the next week or so, then I'll be convinced. But there are SO many fake variants of Skylanders out there, I believe it's healthy to take "Chris'" comments with a grain of salt. If "Chris" would like to take a photo of himself holding a "purple Lightning Rod" on a Portal with the TV screen showing the "special Series 2 Lightning Rod" character introduction display ... well then, that's the proverbial smoking gun. He's not obligated to do so, but unless we see that or the aforementioned Amazon/Ebay sightings, then there's still plenty of reason to doubt the authenticity of "purple Lightning Rod".

No I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the doubting Thomas.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#74 Posted: 12:54:19 12/07/2013
Quote: Spyro7850

Well ... if it's real, then apparently it's already "out".

But it's probably fake.
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#75 Posted: 13:00:34 12/07/2013
it looks cool anyways, but reminds me of the purple metalic cynder...........
#76 Posted: 15:20:02 12/07/2013
Not at all - but I also don't just flat assume that the world is a horrible evil place where everyone's out to get me either.

There's got to be a happy medium between "believe everything" and "deny everything". Some folks here haven't learned that yet.

This is true, and I actually thought it was more than likely real in my first post, but also had some reservations. Yes, scalping is very different from scamming - but it does suggest a certain level of reservation to the situation, being that they are willing to take advantage of fans for profit (and $400 is really high). My point is that I would not automatically discount their figure as being fake on their word alone, however I would also not just accept it on that same word. And pointing out potential flaws isn't bad in itself, that's just being observant - but we all have seen packaging errors in stores, so it is also not proof unless it is really obvious.

However, Chris has a history here, and has been confirmed in the past to be from TFB. His word on this is as close to solid as you can get on this forum. It's real.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#77 Posted: 16:18:30 12/07/2013
Quote: Spyro7850

Well ... if it's real, then apparently it's already "out".

But it's probably fake.

We already have proof.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#78 Posted: 17:02:28 12/07/2013
Stop saying it's fake. We already have a comfirmation form a TFB employee that it's real. You'd have to be a fool right now to think it's fake.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Chris at TFB Emerald Sparx Gems: 3636
#79 Posted: 17:34:38 12/07/2013
Wish I had one of these toys to take a picture with to post for you here, but alas I am looking in stores in hopes to find one as well! But I can assure you this is a real variant from Activision. As far as additional Skylanders coming out like this, we shall have to wait and see. Which Skylanders would you like to see released like this? And has anyone come up with a name for this Lightning Rod yet?

~Chris
#80 Posted: 17:43:38 12/07/2013
Wish I had one of these toys to take a picture with to post for you here, but alas I am looking in stores in hopes to find one as well! But I can assure you this is a real variant from Activision. As far as additional Skylanders coming out like this, we shall have to wait and see. Which Skylanders would you like to see released like this? And has anyone come up with a name for this Lightning Rod yet?

~Chris

How about "The Skylander formerly known as Lightning Rod"?
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#81 Posted: 17:47:13 12/07/2013
I think a good name for it would be Storm Lightning Rod.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#82 Posted: 17:54:44 12/07/2013
How about Barney Lightning Rod.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:13 12/07/2013 by Hexblazer
#83 Posted: 17:57:29 12/07/2013
I wouldn't have the foggiest what to call it. It looks like it changes colors based on which angle you view it from. The color looks sort of like a dark violet, but pics can be deceiving due to the flash.
---
#84 Posted: 18:01:33 12/07/2013
How about "Pyrite Lightning Rod"?
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#85 Posted: 18:08:02 12/07/2013
Stormin' Lightning Rod?
Severe Weather Lightning Rod?
Take Shelter Lightning Rod?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:59 12/07/2013 by Skylandscaper
#86 Posted: 18:12:03 12/07/2013

~Chris

Spyro and Gill Grunt (Or Slam Bam)!
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#87 Posted: 19:42:14 12/07/2013
Didn't someone awhile ago say that there was a special series 2 of gill grunt in the games code, on some other thread?

Simply call it Purple metallic Lighting Rod.
or better yet

Uber Lighting Death Killing Lighting Rod!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#88 Posted: 19:49:49 12/07/2013
Question---can anyone tell me if this new lighting rod will be in single pack AND triple packs or just singles? Also where would be best to look for it?
Target, TRU, best buy, Walmart? All of the above?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#89 Posted: 20:39:12 12/07/2013
Spectraflame Lightning Rod. The colors are rad.
heh...that'd be nice to find one in the store but I've yet to see a single variant in any sort of form in the stores. I figured I'd see them pop up on like craigslist or something but there's none there either...
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#90 Posted: 20:41:39 12/07/2013
Thunder Rod
Zuess Lightning Rod
Greased Lightning
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:34 12/07/2013 by j32bass
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#91 Posted: 20:43:37 12/07/2013
I have a feeling there maybe a wave 5.2 box coming or something.

On another note for over the past month all targets by me ahve completely stoped restocking, shelves are becoming very very bare. One store i went today had 2 terran adv packs, 3 hotheads, 4 random singles and 3 triple cannon packs and that is all. Rest were empty pegs and even the clerk told me there is nothing in the back.
I wonder if targets clearing now for swap force or clearing old stock first then refilling with wave 5.1 and such.

On another note walgreens has wave 5.1, saw a drobot series 2 there.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#92 Posted: 21:00:36 12/07/2013
No apologies here. Still believe this is fake and a scam. I may be proven wrong in time, and if so, so be it.

Exactly. Show Me.

Show me the eBay listings, show me the Special Registration in the game. Then I'll believe it. smilie

I'll just pretend it doesn't exist for now as I want to be done with this game.

~Chris

"We'll see"...yep. We'll see if I buy Swap Force. I call this one Epic Fail Lightning Rod. smilie

I think the time to have done this was Jan-Apr timeframe. I can appreciate you trying to stretch a game that can be finished in 2 hours, but c'mon. I'm sure instead of concentrating on variants someone can build another 4 levels in Swap Force ... chop chop (pun intended).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 21:26:51 12/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#93 Posted: 21:56:52 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Chris thanks for everything - in the chaos of meeting you at the end and checking out all the toys at your desk, we forgot to get your signature on our E3 Hot Dog.
---
#94 Posted: 22:42:41 12/07/2013
No problem! Was great to meet you and hope everyone had fun! You got my signature on a few things though. smilie
#95 Posted: 22:48:48 12/07/2013
Sorry to repeat myself but Chris--or anybody else in the "know"
Will the new purple lightning rod come in a triple pack too?
Thanks
Shelly
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#96 Posted: 22:50:59 12/07/2013
Hey Shelly9871,
I don't actually have that information at this time.

~Chris
#97 Posted: 22:52:26 12/07/2013
Thank you for responding-
---
#98 Posted: 01:32:56 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
No problem! Was great to meet you and hope everyone had fun! You got my signature on a few things though. smilie

Yes we totally appreciate it. Is it okay to share the photos of the poster and the items we got signed today?
---
#99 Posted: 02:35:22 13/07/2013
I suspect Spyro will DEFINITELY get it, and the variant can be found in the Triple.
---
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#100 Posted: 02:39:27 13/07/2013
Real or fake, he looks pretty cool!
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me