darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Signs of the new Skylanders' backstories?
Page 1 of 1
Signs of the new Skylanders' backstories? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 20:41:58 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
So far, we haven't been shown the backstories of the Swap Force characters or the new Skylanders. Since Vicarious Visions are working on the game, is it possible that they didn't do the backstories at all and simply made the characters? Or they simply haven't revealed the backstories yet?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2 Posted: 20:51:22 08/07/2013
I think they simply haven't revealed them yet. Either Vv is waiting for all the characters to be announced or maybe their going to put them in a 2015 annual. Still, it wouldn't make sense to drop the backstories all of a sudden without announcing it.

Edit: Maybe when the game gets closer to launch the website will be updated with backstories/bios.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:28:05 08/07/2013 by spyrocrash
MissBarghest Green Sparx Gems: 333
#3 Posted: 21:27:46 08/07/2013
I think they either haven't been revealed yet, or they've not been written yet. Don't forget most of the characters have only recently been revealed and it does take time to write 32 individual biographies for each character. Also it's confirmed that the characters will say their catchphrases in game but in videos they don't say anything, yet. So they're probably still in the process of finding voice actors and writing creative bios.
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#4 Posted: 21:53:06 08/07/2013
I hope they don't remove them, I like knowing the origin of my favorite characters smilie
---
-something-
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#5 Posted: 21:54:47 08/07/2013
Yeah, I really want to know how Hoot Loop became, well, his crazy self.
---
#hu
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#6 Posted: 22:07:58 08/07/2013
Quote: Haseo
I hope they don't remove them, I like knowing the origin of my favorite characters smilie

I agree
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#7 Posted: 22:31:23 08/07/2013
Maybe hoot loop learned hypnosis and it somehow backfired rendering him crazy
---
henlo
#8 Posted: 22:39:37 08/07/2013
That would be really funny.
---
#hu
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 23:47:22 08/07/2013
Why dont we make up our own?

HOOT LOOPS BACKSTORY: VERSION 1.0

One night in the gloomy and mysterious Nocturnal Forest, A young wizards, apprentice had stole his masters Scroll of Enchantments. He went to the forest and started casting spells on every thing within a 5 mile radius of him. The Creatures of the forest were becoming Unnatural versions of themselves. Then the boy casted a random spell on a flock of sheep , and they went berserk on him. The apprentice used up all his magic to transform a mere owl into an owl with the magic of 100 wizards! The owl triumphantly yelled "I am hoot loop, your master, and you are getting sleepy" and Hoot Loops eyes suddenly had a hypnotizing pattern on them. First one sheep started getting drowsy, and then another, and so on until the whole flock of sheep was knocked out counting...sheep. Hoot Loop then hypnotized the boy into going home and giving his master his scroll back. Hoot Loop then became a defender of the nocturnal forest, hypnotizing Anyone or anything that harmed the forest. Word got to Master eon, and he showed Hoot Loop showed his skills by making Wash Buckler do an Irish jig! Eon then recruited Hoot Loop, but if you ever visit an especially gloomy forest and start destroying it, don't be surprised if you wake up on a mountain...

How do you guys like it?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#10 Posted: 02:59:44 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
This isn't a 'make your own backstory' topic, I didn't make it as one and it was never intend to be one. Please don't post your fan backstories.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:04:26 09/07/2013 by Aura24
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 08:43:14 09/07/2013
I do hope backstories return.
We didn't get any of the Giants backstories until the website revealed them, I'll bet this is the same.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#12 Posted: 18:04:44 10/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I hope so.
---
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#13 Posted: 19:01:44 10/07/2013
maybe washbuckler and thumpback were part of the same crew!

smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
#14 Posted: 19:06:57 10/07/2013
^ That would be cool.
---
#hu
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#15 Posted: 19:17:21 10/07/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Why dont we make up our own?

HOOT LOOPS BACKSTORY: VERSION 1.0

One night in the gloomy and mysterious Nocturnal Forest, A young wizards, apprentice had stole his masters Scroll of Enchantments. He went to the forest and started casting spells on every thing within a 5 mile radius of him. The Creatures of the forest were becoming Unnatural versions of themselves. Then the boy casted a random spell on a flock of sheep , and they went berserk on him. The apprentice used up all his magic to transform a mere owl into an owl with the magic of 100 wizards! The owl triumphantly yelled "I am hoot loop, your master, and you are getting sleepy" and Hoot Loops eyes suddenly had a hypnotizing pattern on them. First one sheep started getting drowsy, and then another, and so on until the whole flock of sheep was knocked out counting...sheep. Hoot Loop then hypnotized the boy into going home and giving his master his scroll back. Hoot Loop then became a defender of the nocturnal forest, hypnotizing Anyone or anything that harmed the forest. Word got to Master eon, and he showed Hoot Loop showed his skills by making Wash Buckler do an Irish jig! Eon then recruited Hoot Loop, but if you ever visit an especially gloomy forest and start destroying it, don't be surprised if you wake up on a mountain...

How do you guys like it?

This was actually really good!
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#16 Posted: 21:28:16 10/07/2013
backstories are pointless they don't do anything at story mode, and if the characters are unique how can we use 2 at the same time
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:33 10/07/2013 by EmperorKaos
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17 Posted: 00:31:40 11/07/2013
It's the same for almost EVERY beat em' up out there. You can always choose a character, even if it's unique, that your friend has already choosen. And I think that is interesting to know the story of the character you are playing. Bu I agree. They should put the backstories in the game, in some way...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#18 Posted: 03:00:12 11/07/2013
Quote: EmperorKaos
backstories are pointless they don't do anything at story mode, and if the characters are unique how can we use 2 at the same time

The games never focus on the Skylanders themselves so backstories reveal more about them such as personality, what lead them to be a Skylanders, ect.

Also, the backstories of some Skylanders play a part in the games if you pay attention( The Phantom Tide from Thumpback's backstory is the main plot of Giants for 3DS. And in Spyro's Adventure the Tree of Life from Camo's backstory is part of the Tree Top Terrace level.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me