Page 1 of 1
Quest help for Trigger happy [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 23:36:07 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
What is an easy way for Trigger Happy's quest where he needs to hold 50,000 gold at a single time?
Note: I want it to be kinda quick not long and boring (getting s2 TH soon)

Also how do you do those character emotes on here?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 23:41:25 06/07/2013
Crane deck.
#3 Posted: 23:46:29 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: weebbby
Crane deck.

50,000 gold would require quite a lot of visits considering you only get 320 (rarely you get 620 instead) and I can barely make 5000 this way

btw does the giant amount of coins after defeating Kaos, stay as long as you dont do anything else/get a winged saphire? (I mean at the crane deck)

edit reason
accidentally called winged saphire a soul gem smilie my fail
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:45 06/07/2013 by Windumup
#4 Posted: 00:36:51 07/07/2013
Do a hard quit.
For example, return to the home menu on the Wii without leaving the room.
Then the 7000 stays.
Use Wheels of Money in Luck-O-Tron.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 02:35:24 07/07/2013
Do a hard quit.
Then the 7000 stays.

Or use the skylanders editor and cheat your way to success. I was afraid to use it but tried it on one of my characters; can upgrade skills, heroics (32), and max gold.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#6 Posted: 03:28:45 07/07/2013
Step one: Set all yer Luck O Tron wheels to wealth.
Step two: Game room vault
Step three: Set aside a good chunk of time, play some music or a movie in the background until you're totally loaded.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#7 Posted: 06:56:56 07/07/2013
i spammed the lair of kaos in ssa...wen he had around 4999 i went to Giants, and only one peeny coin: HAZZA!
#8 Posted: 15:47:26 07/07/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Do a hard quit.
Then the 7000 stays.

Or use the skylanders editor and cheat your way to success. I was afraid to use it but tried it on one of my characters; can upgrade skills, heroics (32), and max gold.

One of the downsides if you use a graphical editor is that they will give you heroics credit for skylanders that can't execute them. For example, ShroomBoom would have 50 Heroics once completed. Best to use this tool on SSA guys or the reposed ones only.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#9 Posted: 08:57:30 15/07/2013
You can't decide how to edit the character, like giving Shroomboom the appropriate number? (What IS the appropriate number, BTW? I know for SSA & Reposes it's 50)...

As for Trigger Happy's quest, I just kept at it. I didn't focus on it. I had some times when everybody had bought all their upgrades and didn't need any money themselves, so when I would find a pile of money, I would switch in Trigger Happy. I played Chapter 15 a lot for the experience, and if I go EVERYWHERE there's a lot of money on there too.

Also visiting the Vault a lot with the Wealth Wheels on.

Got this before I set up the Crane Desk glitch, but that's an EXCELLENT option. If you've already finished the game, you probably lost the glitch, but you can do what I did and whip through the game to get it. If you do, or haven't finished yet, the Winged Sapphire appears on the Crane Deck I think after Chapter 14, make SURE to get it before starting Chapter 16. Then, after you finish the game, go there, get the money, do NOT leave the room. Instead, force the game to quit with the console's controls. On your controller press the XBox Button, the Playstation button, the Wii Home button, whatever, and choose to quit the game from THAT menu. Then the game doesn't have a chance to save to your save game that the money has been taken, but taken money is immediately saved to the figure. If the Winged Sapphire is still there when the money is, taking the Sapphire will immediately save the game, and you lose the money.

On the XBox you can backup your savegame file, probably the PS3 also, not sure about the Wii, it's advisable to do that first in case you accidentally let the game save itself and you lose access to all that money. smilie Also make sure to put on the Wealth Wheels and allow the game to save before the backup, so you don't have to do that every time.

Actually, I think I got Trigger Happy's quest while playing through the game to get myself access to the glitch, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:59:44 15/07/2013 by niceguy1
#10 Posted: 08:58:37 15/07/2013
again: spam lair of kaos (ssa chapter 22) and get as much money as you want
then go to Giants, and try to get money
#11 Posted: 11:17:02 15/07/2013
Actually, that's true, Lair Of Kaos has PILES of money, all those places where you have to pick between money and food/collectibles.

But not everybody has SSA. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#12 Posted: 11:26:49 15/07/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Actually, that's true, Lair Of Kaos has PILES of money, all those places where you have to pick between money and food/collectibles.

But not everybody has SSA. smilie

thats indeed a bother, but if you have it , use it!
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#13 Posted: 15:44:13 15/07/2013
There's a trick for the wii, if you have an sd card, what you do is right before you take the money, you copy that file to the sd card. Then go back to the game, take the money, then delete the file (not on the sd card though), then go to the sd card, copy it back to the wii, and when you go to the crane deck, it will still be there, repeat as many times as you want.
---
#hu
#14 Posted: 17:31:12 15/07/2013
Or just return to Wii menu.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#15 Posted: 18:21:52 15/07/2013
You're no fun. smilie
---
#hu
#16 Posted: 23:45:15 15/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually I am almost able to use the giant crane method
Almost done with nightmare mode
---
#17 Posted: 01:54:29 16/07/2013
Windumup: Just make sure you grab the Winged Sapphire on the Crane Deck BEFORE you finish the game/Ch. 16. If it's still there, you'll have to avoid taking it whenever you take the money, meaning you'll always be without it, and you'll always be at risk of losing the cheat (not including any backup you make, which is advisable). It also means you won't dare take some of the money, smilie

Oh, and according to your signature, happy birthday!
---
#18 Posted: 21:36:16 16/07/2013
Wen does that butterfly thing appear
wat if you first grab thw ting and then the coins
#19 Posted: 22:37:48 16/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks niceguy

Also I did manage to do the method (made sure I grabbed the winged sapphire before ch 16)
but messed up by leaving the room at the 25k mark
O well it did help
---
#20 Posted: 22:33:31 17/07/2013
The Winged Sapphire appears on the Crane Deck I think after Chapter 14 (The helicopter flying level, Autogyro Adventure). It's definitely there before you start Chapter 16, so you just make sure to grab it before entering Chapter 16.

I'm not sure what would happen if you grab the Sapphire first, I've been thinking that when you take it and it saves, the game will assume you took the money, and the money will be gone from the save. Someone who has the back up, and still has the Sapphire there, should test this (on my Gem Cheat save game, I took the Sapphire before finishing the game, so I can't check)
---
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#21 Posted: 13:59:06 19/07/2013
Do a hard quit.
Then the 7000 stays.

One of the downsides if you use a graphical editor is that they will give you heroics credit for skylanders that can't execute them. For example, ShroomBoom would have 50 Heroics once completed. Best to use this tool on SSA guys or the reposed ones only.

I used Skylanders Editor to get the data on/off + a hex editor to change only the money value and nothing else. The only tricky bit was realising that the higher order money byte came after the lower order byte inside the file.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#22 Posted: 20:05:59 12/08/2013
Start a new game, go to Ancient Mines and shoot the blue wall 10 times. You'll get 10,000 coins each time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:58 12/08/2013 by Metallo
#23 Posted: 02:38:38 13/08/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Windumup: Just make sure you grab the Winged Sapphire on the Crane Deck BEFORE you finish the game/Ch. 16. If it's still there, you'll have to avoid taking it whenever you take the money, meaning you'll always be without it, and you'll always be at risk of losing the cheat (not including any backup you make, which is advisable). It also means you won't dare take some of the money, smilie

Oh, and according to your signature, happy birthday!

I didn't pick up the Sapphire before completing the game, but I've made a backup of the file, and I carefully grab the money without getting the sapphire. PITA, but do-able. I'm going through nightmare mode and I'll be sure to grab it next time.

Quote: skelekon

I used Skylanders Editor to get the data on/off + a hex editor to change only the money value and nothing else. The only tricky bit was realising that the higher order money byte came after the lower order byte inside the file.

Money cheat is easy...getting the right number for heroics (45) for Giants figure is my next task. I've sworn off the tool as I feel like I'm cheating anyway, even though it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:10 13/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me