Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Rumors of a special figure... [CLOSED]
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#1 Posted: 01:31:35 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I heard that they are making a Dark Cynder figure. I don't know much but i hope it's true
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 01:38:06 06/07/2013
Proof? I hate it when no one posts proof.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#3 Posted: 01:49:15 06/07/2013
What rumors?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#4 Posted: 01:55:03 06/07/2013
There's a Dark Stealth Elf, but that's the only one we know of so far.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#5 Posted: 02:01:43 06/07/2013
Several people have posted they'd like to see a dark cynder, that's it.
Plus, it doesn't look like she's getting S3, so that's also proof against it.
Then again Royal Double Trouble was technically a S1 if I recall...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#6 Posted: 03:35:55 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
i just heard of it. I just thought i'd post it.
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
#7 Posted: 03:36:51 06/07/2013
From where?
---
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#8 Posted: 03:50:38 06/07/2013
Dark Cynder? She's pretty dark as it is, I'm hard pressed to imagine how they'd pull it off.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 03:52:57 06/07/2013
^Only way they would do that is by making a variant of Cynder when she was under the control of the Undead Dragon King, Malefor.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#10 Posted: 16:47:25 07/07/2013
it cant be true because she isn't being a series 3 and if she was then she would probably have a variant as she hasn't had one yet unless you count the gitd one
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#11 Posted: 18:09:07 07/07/2013
Cynder will probably not get a dark variant, because chop chop will probably snag the s3 spot and I don't see TFB making a new variant this late after the release of giants
---
henlo
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#12 Posted: 18:13:55 07/07/2013
I really don't like Chop Chop that much, but it would be super sweet to have a Dark Cynder figure. If so, hopefully she could have either the same pose as a S1 or S2. But I prefer the S1 version more because it is my favorite one.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#13 Posted: 18:49:12 07/07/2013
As unlikely as this is- I think it'd be pretty awesome if they did-
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#14 Posted: 21:01:22 07/07/2013
The forgotten 8 need to return I need ghost roaster
---
henlo
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#15 Posted: 21:38:00 07/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Will171717
Cynder will probably not get a dark variant, because chop chop will probably snag the s3 spot and I don't see TFB making a new variant this late after the release of giants

Aha, but, here's the thing, there are two S3 spots per element. I'm not saying that Cynder
will get reposed but just pointing that out people. Not ONE 'forgotten eight' character has been confirmed >.>

Just, don't get your hopes up..

There is a S2 and a S3 when it comes to the 16 "returning favorites." 8 S2, and 8 S3.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#16 Posted: 21:38:08 07/07/2013
Quote: Will171717

Aha, but, here's the thing, there are two S3 spots per element. I'm not saying that Cynder
will get reposed but just pointing that out people. Not ONE 'forgotten eight' character has been confirmed >.>

Just, don't get your hopes up..

How do you know there are 2 S3 spots per element? I know it hasn't been confirmed yet...
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#17 Posted: 21:57:07 07/07/2013
This week on Wild Speculation Theatre:
Form users will act certain about the existence of dark Cynder, despite a lack of any tiny jot of evidence at all.
Plus, guesses continue about the number of S2 and S3 figures in Swap Force, as fans continue to see patterns that don’t exist!

Wild Speculation Theatre – All this month, only on Dark Spyro! Don’t miss out!
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#18 Posted: 21:59:45 07/07/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
Form users will act certain about the existence of dark Cynder, despite a lack of any tiny jot of evidence at all.
Plus, guesses continue about the number of S2 and S3 figures in Swap Force, as fans continue to see patterns that don’t exist!

Hey, we aren't crazy, just, unpredictable.
---
#hu
#19 Posted: 22:42:01 07/07/2013
Okay but it seems more likely VV and TFB would probably do an even number of each
---
henlo
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#20 Posted: 22:42:36 07/07/2013
But it would make the most sense and would marketing wise be the best, and VV/Avarice, are both all about the ba bang, and the ca ching.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#21 Posted: 22:43:10 07/07/2013
I agree, why would they do anything different, it would make no sense.
---
#hu
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#22 Posted: 22:44:48 07/07/2013
But the again Avarice and Vicarious Incisions don't make seance, and yes I mean Incisions.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#23 Posted: 02:57:23 08/07/2013
Quote: ninja9351
But it would make the most sense and would marketing wise be the best, and VV/Avarice, are both all about the ba bang, and the ca ching.

They don't care if they make sense or not at long as they make money
#24 Posted: 03:24:19 08/07/2013
It would be neat and tidy if they did the same amount of each, but that means exactly nothing. They are interested in money and keeping kids happy, not keeping things neat.

If, for example, Dino-rang and Flashwing both sold like poo-flavoured cornflakes, they aren’t going to feel like they have to remake one of them just because it would keep things neat. No, they’re going to do Terrafin and Prism Break, or Terrafin and Bash, or Terrafin and whatever they think will sell most.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#25 Posted: 14:43:58 08/07/2013
They'll don't make it cuz there is already a (dark) confirmed!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
#26 Posted: 10:32:21 09/07/2013
Proof of this so called "dark" cynder would be fine and dandy, otherwise I refuse to believe
---
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#27 Posted: 13:26:16 09/07/2013

EXACTLY.
That's what I'm trying to say, 8 S3 and 8 S2 was NEVER confirmed @.@

Uhh, yeah it has.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#28 Posted: 14:07:36 09/07/2013
^ No it hasn't. I've said this many times. No one listens. It's just speculation by people on here.
#29 Posted: 17:44:12 09/07/2013
Not really. TFB even said so themselves.

It would be neat and tidy if they did the same amount of each, but that means exactly nothing. They are interested in money and keeping kids happy, not keeping things neat.

If, for example, Dino-rang and Flashwing both sold like poo-flavoured cornflakes, they aren’t going to feel like they have to remake one of them just because it would keep things neat. No, they’re going to do Terrafin and Prism Break, or Terrafin and Bash, or Terrafin and whatever they think will sell most.

I'm pretty sure Dino-Rang DID sell well, just not as well as Bash or Prism Break. Also, I really hate how you say "No forgotten 8 has been revealed" like we're not going to get ANY of the forgotten 8 back, when it was confirmed by TFB that they would bring some back.

If they do, I hope Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster get reposes. I don't really care about Camo or Warnado: I already have them.
#30 Posted: 19:40:33 09/07/2013
They haven't revealed many of the s2 reposes so some of the 8 might get a repose. I need for ghost roaster to return
---
henlo
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#31 Posted: 19:50:52 09/07/2013
isnt there a dark popfizz and wrecking ball along with syro and steakth elf? i remeber seeing it on some merchandise
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
#32 Posted: 19:56:54 09/07/2013
Quote: ninjacat
isnt there a dark popfizz and wrecking ball along with syro and steakth elf? i remeber seeing it on some merchandise

What the heck are you talking about? There's Punch Pop Fizz and S1 GITD Wrecking Ball, but no Dark versions of them.
---
#33 Posted: 20:05:47 09/07/2013
i cant find it im looking for it hold on...
http://thegamingpixelshow.com/wp-[url]http://thegamingpixelshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cap_full.jpg/url]

^ya didnt quite get thatright but i got the website, looked like a hat i saw on there, it as magic skylanders on it and i saw something like it but they were all dark instead!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:10:03 09/07/2013 by ninjacat
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#34 Posted: 20:49:16 09/07/2013
[User Posted Image]

This is the only way they should do her!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#35 Posted: 22:48:17 09/07/2013

There is a dark Ninja Stealth Elf. But I don't recall seeing a dark wreaking ball,spyro or pop fizz
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
#36 Posted: 22:57:33 09/07/2013

Skylander boy and girl made the hat with all of them dark looking, so it was probably his video you saw it in
#37 Posted: 23:40:30 09/07/2013
Quote: MugoUrth

Link?

Really people – if you’re claiming that TFB have said something, LINK IT!
Also, I really hate how you say "No forgotten 8 has been revealed" like we're not going to get ANY of the forgotten 8 back, when it was confirmed by TFB that they would bring some back.

Well, "No forgotten 8 has been revealed" is strictly factual… as opposed to the rampant speculation other people are putting out there. I just worry that people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

If you’re expecting something and it doesn’t happen, then you’ll be annoyed. But if you’re not expecting {your favourite one} to be reposed and it is, it’ll be a nice surprise.

If they do, I hope Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster get reposes. I don't really care about Camo or Warnado: I already have them.

I’d bet that Boomer, Voodood, Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster at not reposed for SSF. Hell, I’m willing to bet the Legendary Triggerhappy I have sitting right here beside me. Don’t even think you’ll see ‘em in S4.
I do think you have a chance at Sunburn, Camo or Warnado for SSF or S4.
Not sure about Whamshell.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#38 Posted: 00:00:29 10/07/2013

No they didn't. And if they did, see above person asking for link. I'm 99.9% sure they didn't. PERIOD
#39 Posted: 00:04:50 10/07/2013

Link?

Really people – if you’re claiming that TFB have said something, LINK IT!
Also, I really hate how you say "No forgotten 8 has been revealed" like we're not going to get ANY of the forgotten 8 back, when it was confirmed by TFB that they would bring some back.

Well, "No forgotten 8 has been revealed" is strictly factual… as opposed to the rampant speculation other people are putting out there. I just worry that people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

If you’re expecting something and it doesn’t happen, then you’ll be annoyed. But if you’re not expecting {your favourite one} to be reposed and it is, it’ll be a nice surprise.

I’d bet that Boomer, Voodood, Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster at not reposed for SSF. Hell, I’m willing to bet the Legendary Triggerhappy I have sitting right here beside me. Don’t even think you’ll see ‘em in S4.
I do think you have a chance at Sunburn, Camo or Warnado for SSF or S4.
Not sure about Whamshell.

Do I really have to go digging for that stupid link where they say that?

Also, again you're acting like just because they haven't been announced YET means it won't happen.

Also, why do you think Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster won't get in? And besides that, Sunburn and Whamshell are pretty much guaranteed NOT to appear since both fire slots are filled and Chill already took the S2 spot.
#40 Posted: 00:26:40 10/07/2013
@ninpire, thanks, i love their videos! i didnt know they made that! :/
---
#41 Posted: 01:14:51 10/07/2013
Do I really have to go digging for that stupid link where they say that?

Yep - because it wasn't in their E3 stuff at all.
All they said is that they wouldn't forget about the lost 8 - which isn't a 'promise' and which could just mean that they plan to continue supporting the figures.

Also, V.v. isn't TFB. I'd want to see something from the people making SSF, otherwise I'll assume TFB are talking about S4.

Also, again you're acting like just because they haven't been announced YET means it won't happen.

Because it's silly to presume that something is going to happen when there is no evidence of it?

Plus as I said, If you’re expecting something and it doesn’t happen, then you’ll be annoyed. But if you’re not expecting {your favorite one} to be reposed and it is, it’ll be a nice surprise.

Also, why do you think Dino-Rang and Ghost Roaster won't get in? And besides that, Sunburn and Whamshell are pretty much guaranteed NOT to appear since both fire slots are filled and Chill already took the S2 spot.

I'm talking about SSF and Skylanders four, not just SSF.
Ghost Roaster really doesn't fit with the new esthetic they're going for, but I don't rate the chance of either.

BTW, if you haven't picked up any of the forgotten eight, keep your eyes on Japan.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:00 10/07/2013 by Tel Prydain
#42 Posted: 02:24:44 10/07/2013
I still say your logic is stupid. Why would they even bring it up if they had NO ****ING PLANS of bringing any of the 8 back? Frankly, I think you're just trying to demoralize people on purpose by saying things that were confirmed by TFB to be fake.
#43 Posted: 02:32:37 10/07/2013
I still say your logic is stupid. Why would they even bring it up if they had NO ****ING PLANS of bringing any of the 8 back? Frankly, I think you're just trying to demoralize people on purpose by saying things that were confirmed by TFB to be fake.

Well, they bring up things that fans want to know soooo. Also yea, oneofwiisdom asked the people at e3 about it and he was told that some of the forgotten 8 would be back
#44 Posted: 03:04:49 11/07/2013

It’s called expectation management – and it’s the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting I’m doing. I’m not trying to ‘demoralise’ people; I’m trying to stop people from being demoralised in the future if it turns out that their favourite character isn’t coming back.
I don’t know (or even particularly care) if/when the lost 8 will make a big return. I love all the characters, and I hope everyone has a chance to play as each one (which is why I’ve been telling people they should consider importing figures from Japan – because we know for sure that’s happening).

Try to follow me here, because I’m only going to explain this one last time… You can believe or hope for whatever you want… but people shouldn’t get their hopes up for ANY figure that has not been explicitly confirmed as being in Swap Force. It’s better to not get too excited now and then get a pleasant surprise when your favourite figure returns.
The other option is to get your hopes up now, but then get angry/disappointed later on when you don’t get what you were hoping for.

So, in summary:
* Believe whatever you like, but don’t get too disappointed if it doesn’t happen.
* Saying they’ll be back or they’ll be supported could just mean that the game supports the old figures – it might not mean a repose!
* V.v. is not TFB. Don’t hold one company responsible for the quotes of the other!
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#45 Posted: 13:30:29 11/07/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX
[User Posted Image]

This is the only way they should do her!

Sorry, now that I saw it again it resembles too much like Vathek or her metallic variant.
#46 Posted: 16:18:54 11/07/2013

It’s called expectation management – and it’s the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting I’m doing. I’m not trying to ‘demoralise’ people; I’m trying to stop people from being demoralised in the future if it turns out that their favourite character isn’t coming back.
I don’t know (or even particularly care) if/when the lost 8 will make a big return. I love all the characters, and I hope everyone has a chance to play as each one (which is why I’ve been telling people they should consider importing figures from Japan – because we know for sure that’s happening).

Try to follow me here, because I’m only going to explain this one last time… You can believe or hope for whatever you want… but people shouldn’t get their hopes up for ANY figure that has not been explicitly confirmed as being in Swap Force. It’s better to not get too excited now and then get a pleasant surprise when your favourite figure returns.
The other option is to get your hopes up now, but then get angry/disappointed later on when you don’t get what you were hoping for.

So, in summary:
* Believe whatever you like, but don’t get too disappointed if it doesn’t happen.
* Saying they’ll be back or they’ll be supported could just mean that the game supports the old figures – it might not mean a repose!
* V.v. is not TFB. Don’t hold one company responsible for the quotes of the other!

No, you're basically just telling everyone their wrong and acting like you know everything about Skylanders, and that it's better to expect the worst characters than to hope for your faves.

As well you're basically telling people to go against normal human emotions by telling them to not "get their hopes up," as well as CONTINUOUSLY acting like "Since none of the forgotten 8 are reposed yet, that means they WON'T get reposed" It also doesn't help that a lot of the characters people did NOT want, like Eruptor, Hot Dog, Sprocket, Chill, etc. are returning figures, so how can you NOT get your hopes up for characters you actually want. It's better than to expect the rest of your least favorite characters and be pissed off when they get reposed.

Also, TFB still holds power over designs and reposes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:19:53 11/07/2013 by MugoUrth
#47 Posted: 02:27:37 12/07/2013

As well you're basically telling people to go against normal human emotions by telling them to not "get their hopes up," as well as CONTINUOUSLY acting like "Since none of the forgotten 8 are reposed yet, that means they WON'T get reposed"

Bro, whatever floats your boat is fine... but by Eon's beard, if I see any "I can't believe they didn't repose..." or "But they promised to repose..." topics in three months time, I'm going to shank someone.

It also doesn't help that a lot of the characters people did NOT want, like Eruptor, Hot Dog, Sprocket, Chill, etc. are returning figures, so how can you NOT get your hopes up for characters you actually want. It's better than to expect the rest of your least favorite characters and be pissed off when they get reposed.

Well, I dislike Hotdog and I can take or leave disrupter, but I’m excited for Sprocket and Chill. Not that it matters since, as a rule, what we like/dislike her on the forum is less important than what Vv think kids want.

Also, TFB still holds power over designs and reposes.

The interview I watched (irate gamer’s E3 one) they said that TFB were doing the reposed versions of SSA/SG characters, while Vv were doing the new characters. Which surprised me, because I hate Stealth Elf’s new look.
Same interview they mentioned that some discussions between TFB and Vv had been spirited or enthusiastic…

It is possible that TFB could have been asked to repose some SSA figures that Vv didn’t end up using. Maybe TFB said it would be “Boomer’s big year” (or whatever) while they were remaking him, and then Vv turned down the figure.
Not saying that’s what happened. Not even saying it’s likely. Just saying it’s possible. And should it turn out that none of the lost 8 are in SSF, it’s not because TFB ‘lied’, it’s just that TFB gave information that they thought was correct and Vv changed it later.
---
Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
#48 Posted: 08:54:18 12/07/2013
This is stupid, I'm on tel pyraiden's side for this, he has convinced me and show more maturity towards others, I don't even know why I bothered to post this. Tfb did not really confirm any of the forgotten 8 but them mentioning boomers big year caused speculation to go nuts. If there is no evidence, it's hardly believable, LINK???
---
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me