darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > If Blizzard Chill is a series two character...
Page 1 of 1
If Blizzard Chill is a series two character... [CLOSED]
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#1 Posted: 08:03:17 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Does that mean Legendary Ignitor, Legendary Stealth Elf and Legendary Slam Bam should technically be series one characters?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 08:27:33 04/07/2013
uh.................thats true
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 09:08:06 04/07/2013
Quote: mantez
Does that mean Legendary Ignitor, Legendary Stealth Elf and Legendary Slam Bam should technically be series one characters?

They are simply Legendary versions of Series 2 Ignitor, Slam Bam, and Stealth Elf.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 12:35:27 04/07/2013
Blizzard is just the adjective, Blizzard Chill is the Normal, S2 form.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#5 Posted: 12:38:42 04/07/2013
i am confused now............
#6 Posted: 13:03:28 04/07/2013
Ninja Stealth Elf=S3
Mega Ram Spyro=S3
Blizzard Chill=S2
---
#7 Posted: 13:22:25 04/07/2013
Quote: ninja9351
Ninja Stealth Elf=S3
Mega Ram Spyro=S3
Blizzard Chill=S2

why did you posted this?
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#8 Posted: 13:58:29 04/07/2013
He posted it to explain what series the the new figures belong to.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#9 Posted: 13:59:11 04/07/2013
yes, but we know that already dont we?
#10 Posted: 14:04:19 04/07/2013
Not the OP
---
#11 Posted: 14:07:11 04/07/2013
it seems like...............to be honest : where is this topic good for?
just a question but still
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12 Posted: 18:46:03 04/07/2013
^This, right here. They aren't S3s.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 20:45:51 04/07/2013

All 3 were Giants characters and were their 2ND generation, which would make these guys essentially variants of the Series 2 of which were available. They even have the same mold and all.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:47:12 04/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#14 Posted: 22:11:19 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
Not the OP

I know exactly what series each figures belong too, and the screwed up way they have numbered the figures. I was pointing out that the way blizzard Chill is classed as Series 2 because there wasn't a Spyro's Adventure version, should mean that Legandary Stealth elf, Legendary Ignitor and Legendary Slam Bam should technically be series 1 because they didn't have Legendary versions in Spyro's Adventure.

Quote:
They are not series 2 versions of legendary characters, they are legendary versions of the series 2 character.

When you put one on the portal it comes up as "Series 2 Legendary Stealth Elf". If they are indeed Legendary version of the Series 2 characters then they should have read "Legendary Series 2 Stealth elf"

The main point I wanted to make is that the numbering should have gone like:

Spyro's Adventure - Series 1
Giants - Series 2
Swap Force - Series 3
---
#15 Posted: 22:46:09 04/07/2013

The main point I wanted to make is that the numbering should have gone like:

Spyro's Adventure - Series 1
Giants - Series 2
Swap Force - Series 3

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The color of the bases will tell you what game it's from. The Series notation should increment on each repose and should ALWAYS start with "1" regardless of the game it was introduced in. Makes sense to me. I used to think the way you do but from a toy perspective...SERIES 1 is ALWAYS relative to the FIRST INTRODUCTION of that character, regardless of the game. As you know, some were introduced in each game. Those first introductions are ALWAYS series 1. If they get re-introduced/re-posed in the future...it's SERIES 2. Doesn't matter if it's the next game or ten years down the road.

Think like this, and nothing will be confusing anymore. The problem here is that it assumes people have a complete history of skylander releases, which will be more problematic as more time and games go by. The in game variants, store exclusives, etc. definitely help to muddy the waters.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:49:31 04/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#16 Posted: 00:12:34 05/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I am not confused. I know how they have numbered the figures and I know how it works. I am saying it is a stupid way of numbering them. I have collected heaps of toys over the years and the way they have done it is the first time I have seen it done this way.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#17 Posted: 01:21:42 05/07/2013
I am not confused. I know how they have numbered the figures and I know how it works. I am saying it is a stupid way of numbering them. I have collected heaps of toys over the years and the way they have done it is the first time I have seen it done this way.

Ditto. A SERIES is like a collection of things from a particular time. Swap Force, Being our 3rd game, will have the newest batch of Skylanders. because this is the 3RD game, It will release alongside the 3RD batch of Skylanders. The 3RD Batch of skylanders is the 3RD Series, thus making it Series 3. Make sense?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#18 Posted: 05:03:15 05/07/2013
The color bases tell what game it is.
Green= 1st game
Orange= 2nd game
Blue=3rd game

If it's the first time a character appears in skylanders its just called by it's normal name (basically its series 1 but it's not written anywhere saying so, every character that appears in ssa was series 1 and if returned in giants was series 2)
2nd time the character shows up its series 2
3rd time the character shows up its series 3.
It doesn't matter what game, just when they appear playable in skylanders

In other words if boomer or ghost roaster returns for swap force, they should be BLUE based, series 2 figures as this is the SECOND time they have appeared in skylanders.
If chill returns (which she is) she will be a BLUE based, series 2. As this is the 2nd time she has shown up in a skylander game.

Legendary are just Legendary versions of that series of character. They follow whatever the same pose is in the series. So if for example if Boomer returns in swap force and gets a legendary. Boomer would be Legendary Boomer, series 2 with a blue base. His pose would be /should be the same as series 2 boomer with a blue base just with legendary colors and stats.
Now I would assume when/if any legendaries get a 2nd legendary (ie spyro, trigger happy etc) They would still be called leg. spyro series 3 etc.

So to sum up
Base= what game its from
Series= # of times that skylander has been in a skylander game.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:06:09 05/07/2013 by SlayerX11
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#19 Posted: 07:36:26 05/07/2013
once they make one character in one game they go only think next game
except for royal double trouble...
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#20 Posted: 18:14:07 08/07/2013
That was a good explanation. I just find it stupid that they are releasing lc hex with SF. Its a giant figure. I know giants can work in SF but will the cores have the same feature as in giants? They should release a special variant figure from SF but that's just me.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#21 Posted: 06:55:41 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SlayerX11

So to sum up
Base= what game its from

I am fully aware of how the numbering works. What I am saying is that I think it's wrong way to number them. Colour of the base should equal series like it does for pretty much every other toy series there is.

For example I have seen some resident evil figures

Series 1 contains Chris, Jill, Variant Jill, Zombie and Hunk while Series 2 contains Tyrant, Hunter, licker , Crimson head.

As you can see from my example the Tyrant first appearance in the toy series is in series 2 just because a it's his first appearance doesn't not make it a series 1.

Skylanders should work the same way Chill's First appearance was giants which is the second game which means she is series 2 figure and swap force chill should be a series 3 figure, a series 1 version doesn't exist

To Sum it up It should go like this (and I am fully aware that it doesn't.)

Any figures released with Skylanders Spyro's Adventure branding (green base) = Series 1 figures

Any figures released with Skylanders Giants branding (orange base) = Series 2 figures

Any figures released with Skylanders Swap Force branding (blue base) = Series 3 figures
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:32 09/07/2013 by mantez
Thumpback12 Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#22 Posted: 13:37:18 09/07/2013
Quote:
I kno i don't get it either
#23 Posted: 13:40:31 09/07/2013
Quote: Thumpback12
Quote: somone
I kno i don't get it either

me either............
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#24 Posted: 16:09:09 09/07/2013
Quote: SlayerX11

So to sum up
Base= what game its from

I am fully aware of how the numbering works. What I am saying is that I think it's wrong way to number them. Colour of the base should equal series like it does for pretty much every other toy series there is.

For example I have seen some resident evil figures

Series 1 contains Chris, Jill, Variant Jill, Zombie and Hunk while Series 2 contains Tyrant, Hunter, licker , Crimson head.

As you can see from my example the Tyrant first appearance in the toy series is in series 2 just because a it's his first appearance doesn't not make it a series 1.

Skylanders should work the same way Chill's First appearance was giants which is the second game which means she is series 2 figure and swap force chill should be a series 3 figure, a series 1 version doesn't exist

To Sum it up It should go like this (and I am fully aware that it doesn't.)

Any figures released with Skylanders Spyro's Adventure branding (green base) = Series 1 figures

Any figures released with Skylanders Giants branding (orange base) = Series 2 figures

Any figures released with Skylanders Swap Force branding (blue base) = Series 3 figures

Can't compare a toy figure line, to a game figure toy line.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25 Posted: 17:14:18 09/07/2013
Quote: cbunny84
That was a good explanation. I just find it stupid that they are releasing lc hex with SF. Its a giant figure. I know giants can work in SF but will the cores have the same feature as in giants? They should release a special variant figure from SF but that's just me.

That is an excellent point. (I don't want a LightCore Hex, I just think you prove a good point)
#26 Posted: 23:14:07 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: WickedRogue

Why not? They are still collectable figures.
---
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#27 Posted: 00:33:46 10/07/2013

Because your method (while easy and obvious) sorts the toy by generation, whereas the Skylanders toys are sorted by in-game skill sets:
Series 1 - Standard Figure, locked to one skill path.
Series 2 – Wow Pow A + ability to switch skill paths.
Series 2 – Wow Pow B + ability to switch skill paths.
Which specific game they came with is largely irrelevant, because (as you said) the base tells you that already. And for marketing reasons all they really need to convey is: “THEY ALL WORK WITH THE NEW GAME! THE NEW GAME IS OUT! BUY THE NEW GAME!”

It really needs duel ranking systems… Perhaps Series and Generation.
Series could describe in-game behavior while Generation described game (or visa versa).
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:46 10/07/2013 by Tel Prydain
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#28 Posted: 12:00:11 11/07/2013
^ pointed out what I was about to.

Though one thing i thought that was a little wierd was that Series 2 Chill has a special name. "Blizzard Chill". I thought that the special names "Ninja Stealth Elf" "Mega Ram Spyro" was one of the things that made a Series 3 a Series 3. Cuz the toy and name was based on the new "outfit"/"design" the figure had (which I totally called).

However, that being said. It makes me wonder, that is it possible that Blizzard Chill is only a variant of Series 2 Chill? Like Jade Flashwing or Polar Whirlwind. If you look at it, it kind of looks like the upgraded armor. The blade and shield look off but that could easily be Chill's wowpow.

Plus, Blizzard Chill's armor is a different color, the color of her lips and her skin tone (though that could be an illusion from the armor) both look a different color. So it's possible that Blizzard Chill is only a varient similer to Jade Flashwin and Polar Whirlwind.

Though, why is there a normal Chill in the packaging and not the new chill. The others have the correct "figure" in the box... though if you notice: http://i.imgur.com/zMzD6bW.jpg To be honest, it looks like it's not even figures in the box but just pictures. Check the two eruptor's they look like the same angle though they shouldn't be. So has Blizzard Chill been confirmed by Activision? Just wondering cuz honestly, this pic looks like a fake. but I could be wrong.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#29 Posted: 13:34:51 11/07/2013
Blizzard smilie is probably a variant.
---
#hu
#30 Posted: 05:21:58 12/07/2013
Quote: JCat
It makes me wonder, that is it possible that Blizzard Chill is only a variant of Series 2 Chill? Like Jade Flashwing or Polar Whirlwind. If you look at it, it kind of looks like the upgraded armor. The blade and shield look off but that could easily be Chill's wowpow.

Plus, Blizzard Chill's armor is a different color, the color of her lips and her skin tone (though that could be an illusion from the armor) both look a different color. So it's possible that Blizzard Chill is only a varient similer to Jade Flashwin and Polar Whirlwind.

Expect Activision to get super lazy on reposes with fancy names. Unless they've done something more, this is less. Less is not more. We want more. It's not complicated.
---
#31 Posted: 05:53:37 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tel Prydain

Because your method (while easy and obvious) sorts the toy by generation, whereas the Skylanders toys are sorted by in-game skill sets:
Series 1 - Standard Figure, locked to one skill path.
Series 2 – Wow Pow A + ability to switch skill paths.
Series 2 – Wow Pow B + ability to switch skill paths.
Which specific game they came with is largely irrelevant, because (as you said) the base tells you that already. And for marketing reasons all they really need to convey is: “THEY ALL WORK WITH THE NEW GAME! THE NEW GAME IS OUT! BUY THE NEW GAME!”

It really needs duel ranking systems… Perhaps Series and Generation.
Series could describe in-game behavior while Generation described game (or visa versa).

You make fair points, But I have seen it cause some confusion. I saw someone pre ordering the figures the other he said he already got series 2 chill with giants. I just think it could have been done better.

Quote: GhostRoaster

Expect Activision to get super lazy on reposes with fancy names. Unless they've done something more, this is less. Less is not more. We want more. It's not complicated.

I want more game and the same or maybe less figures. The figure to game ratio as it now is ridiculous.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me