Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Super Tuesday 7/2: Free Gem Every Hour [CLOSED]
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#1 Posted: 06:39:52 02/07/2013 | Topic Creator
The Super Tuesday boost for 7/2 is live.Every hour you can click on Advisor Orville (The digital one, not the analog one who hangs out here) and get a free Gem and some gold.

[User Posted Image]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#2 Posted: 14:36:28 02/07/2013
Unless you live in Australia, in which case the update didn't kick in until well into the day, so you only get free gems for HALF a day. Wish these specials were coded in so that on this side of the globe we got 24 hours worth of double energy, double gold, etc like the US.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 13:03:33 03/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Unless you live in Australia, in which case the update didn't kick in until well into the day, so you only get free gems for HALF a day. Wish these specials were coded in so that on this side of the globe we got 24 hours worth of double energy, double gold, etc like the US.

So the specials aren't coded for 24 hours? So even if they start at 3:00 PM your time (just to pick a time...not sure when it actually hits for you), it doesn't go until 3:00 PM the next day? I would assume that it's coded for a fully day, just that it starts at whatever time zone they are in. I know the element of the day changes right at midnight. I wasn' t sure if it was coded for the time on my phone or if I happened to be in their time zone. But I figured stuff that was only available for a day would be coded for 24 hours from whenever they started, but I guess not. It would make sense that they just use the same clock that the element of the day uses, but the daily specials don't start until they code it in. A bit silly, in my opinion.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 13:39:27 03/07/2013
All specials shut off at midnight regardless of what time during the previous 24 hours the new content was made available. A bit silly? Yes, that was rather my point. Given a choice, I'd rather wait a day longer than everyone else for the new content so that it downloads at midnight and gives me the whole 24 hours worth of specials. And that's the better of two BAD options. But what can you do? Clearly the US remains the centre of the universe. Thinking of trying to tell my iPad I'm in the US, but iTunes would probably throw the biggest hissy fit ever to prevent me from buying apps at US prices rather than the 40 per cent regional pricing markup we get in Australia.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#5 Posted: 07:30:48 04/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Thinking of trying to tell my iPad I'm in the US, but iTunes would probably throw the biggest hissy fit ever to prevent me from buying apps at US prices rather than the 40 per cent regional pricing markup we get in Australia.

You can switch to the US store and create an US iTunes account. But to buy something you will need either an US credit card or an US gift card (you get these via eBay).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me