Page 1 of 1
Idea for Branching out. [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 07:44:05 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I appologies if this is in the wrong section... if moved please let me know.

So I have an idea for Activision, Toys for Bob, or whoever owns Skylanders... basically, I think they should branch out in a way and let other companies make Skylander games too.

Let me explain a little further. What I'm saying is the people who make Skylanders would continue to develop their yearly main series of skylanders games as well as come out with it's yearly productions of new Skylanders. However, I think it'd be neat if they allowed other game companies, *like maybe Nintendo or Sega or Microsoft or some other game company* to be allowed to use their figures and portals (or atleast help them design a portal to work with their system, though most current game devices already have some way to put the skylanders on them) To use them and make their own games. (Though the skylanders' owner would be allowed to approve or not approve a game.)

Since most people believe that Activision (or whoeever is in charge of Skylanders) is all about the money, then in a way this will also help them with that too. Mainly, it'll increase the fan base and perhaps even figure sells. For example, If a company makes a more Skylanders 2D fighter game. (Like even Mortal Combat) Then those who like those type of fighting games but not like a dungeon crawler (which is pretty much what the skylanders console version is right?) would perhaps buy it. Thus raising figure sells. But the Skylanders owners themselfes don't have to worry about as much with loss in resources and what not in developing the game.

Ofcourse, when it comes to what the characters can store for the other games, they may be somewhat limited. But like they could like store levels or even treasure and you could use those in the main games too.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2 Posted: 10:05:41 27/06/2013
Not that the Beings of Avarice (Activision) would ever do this, but good idea nonetheless. On the other hand, they're known for milking franchises, and this would take to the next level. I still demand a Square-Enix Skylanders game :P
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Pepper-Head Green Sparx Gems: 101
#3 Posted: 12:40:54 27/06/2013
I'm kinda against this OTL
That means I'd end up shelling out hundreds of dollars to buy figures of my favorite characters, even if I don't own the system. And then I'd end up buying all the systems and all the games and characters, and then I'd be a broke Pepper. (Or a depressed one if I couldn't buy them all)
ಠ_ಠ

They probably have a patent on it, but if other games wanted to use something like this, they could very well make something similar (but unique/different as to not mess with the patent, I don't know how all that legal stuff works). I don't know how many games would stand up to the plate and do this, it wouldn't work for a lot of games out there anyway.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#4 Posted: 13:24:54 27/06/2013
WE NEED A SKYLANDERS RACING GAME! I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE KARTS DESIGNED ALREADY! I'm not even kidding you. Everything is already planned out. Now, just to design the courses. smilie
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#5 Posted: 14:23:07 27/06/2013
Give the property to other developers, let them make spinoff games, but those games can make full use of the collections you already have. That would be awesome.

A Skylanders racing game would be fun.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#6 Posted: 16:01:44 27/06/2013
Need an RPG game.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#7 Posted: 16:55:54 27/06/2013
we need a raceing game!
#8 Posted: 21:09:04 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

Anyways, I know some people prefer to have their 3DS skylanders and Console Skylanders seperate (level wise and stuff.) But other game developers could also give the skylanders levels up. Remember, the level cap is not based on the toy, it's based on the game. We see this in two ways.... one is you can have a level 10 Stealth Elf on S:SA but if you put it on Giants it'll be a Level 15. Also, another thing I noticed is some of my skylanders when I first put them on my Giants game. (This was the skylanders I used in S:SA) I noticed some of them were allready level 11. Thus they still save expirence they collect. Or atleast in the 3DS version they do.'

I was also thinking about the upgrades. Which some games, like a fighting game, could utilize them in different ways. Or even trigger it so that they "unlock" an upgrade but treat it as something else.
---
~N~
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#9 Posted: 21:50:12 27/06/2013
@JCat Skylanders are Level 10 in SSA because the game has no coding based on higher levels. Levels ARE saved to the toy, you could make a game that would just save them in the game like the 3DS versions but syncing levels on that alone is already tedious enough so it really shouldn't happen

I would like this, but only if it would provide upgrades and experience for the other games, unlike those terrible iOS mini games. It could help alleviate the tiredness of replaying the main games. However you won't see companies like Nintendo or Capcom making these as they have their own money to spend on, and all Acti care about are money, so they won't pay for the expenses without something sneaky tossed in.

But if they make seperate toy lines for these, or expensive DLC like the iOS mini games, I'm out without even batting an eye...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:47 27/06/2013 by SkylandFollower
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#10 Posted: 23:02:41 27/06/2013
Quote: JCat
For example, If a company makes a more Skylanders 2D fighter game. (Like even Mortal Combat) Then those who like those type of fighting games.

If that ever happened and was done right, I'd rush to gamestop and buy it first thing. I LOVE fighting games! smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 03:17:23 28/06/2013
I want a Skylanders hack'n'slash game! Oh wait...
Also, a game somewhat like Smash Brothers would be pretty cool...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#12 Posted: 07:09:19 28/06/2013
A Skylanders 3v3 game sort of like awesomenauts would be cool, but a lot of the characters would need some rebalancing...
---
-something-
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#13 Posted: 09:23:59 28/06/2013
Skylanders Karting? I'm not terribly fond of racing game, but THAT would be interesting to see.

Also, it'd give Activision an excuse to pump out more merchandise! Little car toys to mount your figures in, so you have to own the figure AND the car!
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 15:47:22 28/06/2013
Skylander Tennis, Skylander Kart Racing, Skylander Komat...Skylander Party? Sounds like Nintendo has already been down this path. This would be the mother of all milking if this happens.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#15 Posted: 15:57:19 28/06/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
I want a Skylanders hack'n'slash game! Oh wait...
Also, a game somewhat like Smash Brothers would be pretty cool...

if stealth elf . spyro and jet vac were in the ssbb wii u version, Kirby meta knight , pikachu and mario can get some good comepny
i'd love to see stealth elf kicking meta Knights ass!
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#16 Posted: 16:51:18 28/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster24
WE NEED A SKYLANDERS RACING GAME! I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE KARTS DESIGNED ALREADY! I'm not even kidding you. Everything is already planned out. Now, just to design the courses. smilie

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#17 Posted: 18:26:03 30/06/2013
A racing game would be awesome, if they did it, they should make it so you only have to get the carts and the characters you already own fit into those carts somehow.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#18 Posted: 19:25:20 30/06/2013
Hmm. This thought also came to mind. I've seen the ps3 move in action and noticed it has a camera. Not sure about the xbox but what if they collaborated with nintendo's AR card idea and use that to bring characters into the game so instead of buying figures, you buy cards. Plus collecting cards is a big thing.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:06 30/06/2013 by cbunny84
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#19 Posted: 01:24:58 01/07/2013
For a start, I want to see the 3DS games as XBLA/PSN downloadable titles.

The thing about this is that Activision can farm mini-games/side-games off to other developers that they already control, so quality control shouldn't be an issue.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#20 Posted: 22:38:11 05/07/2013
Guys, Skylanders In general remind me of 1 nintendo thing: Trophys from Smash Bros. Think about it!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#21 Posted: 01:41:14 06/07/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Guys, Skylanders In general remind me of 1 nintendo thing: Trophys from Smash Bros. Think about it!

*thinks about it* nope don't get it
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#22 Posted: 02:04:33 06/07/2013
Quote: Ninpire

In SSB, there's something with the trophys coming to life and being the characters you play as and all of the weapons and stuff.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#23 Posted: 03:36:48 06/07/2013
Quote: Seiki

In SSB, there's something with the trophys coming to life and being the characters you play as and all of the weapons and stuff.

Ohhhh, I was thinking about the trophies that you earn from doing things in the game
#24 Posted: 06:32:40 06/07/2013

Ohhhh, I was thinking about the trophies that you earn from doing things in the game

aren't these the things were talking about
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#25 Posted: 12:17:51 06/07/2013

*trophies
*Nintendo
~
It reminds me of UB Funkeys, making Skylanders the 2nd game to utilize the Bringing Toys to Life feature. People on here say Activision should sue Disney, but if they could, Radica could sue Activision.
#26 Posted: 12:47:41 06/07/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11

aren't these the things were talking about

That's not what they were talking about, they were talking about like when Mario shows up he is a statue, and then he comes to life
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#27 Posted: 14:05:17 06/07/2013
Quote: weebbby

*trophies
*Nintendo
~
It reminds me of UB Funkeys, making Skylanders the 2nd game to utilize the Bringing Toys to Life feature. People on here say Activision should sue Disney, but if they could, Radica could sue Activision.

Oh yeah, I remember that game.
---
#hu
#28 Posted: 17:21:14 06/07/2013
Personally, can we get more quantity and quality of the game we already love before going down this abyss?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#29 Posted: 18:17:07 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
It would be nice to have the game increase. But unless they come up with a new way on how to "store" the data on all the characters (As in the game data of the characters like what they look like and what their upgrades are ect, not the data stored on the toy.) The more Skylanders that come out, the less space/room they'll have to design the rest of the game. Thus Quality/quantity will go down. Though honestly, I've thought of a way for them to do it though.
---
~N~
#30 Posted: 18:36:08 06/07/2013
The RFID chip holds 1,024K of data...which by today's standards is quite small...but perfect in storing what a skylander does in game. All of the Heroics are stored as one 32-bit number for example. We've got lots of room for growth.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me