Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31
All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#201 Posted: 13:49:53 12/12/2013
I can't wait,getting ALBW for my b-day next month!So happy!And also I am getting a Wii U eventually and if I get enough b-day money I can get the WW HD bundle!*So hyped*
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8611
#202 Posted: 20:58:51 12/12/2013
Hey now, many are asking for TWW bundle. Looks like that product is going to be one exploited Christmas gift smilie
I really wanted it myself, but since I already have the game for the GC, and I am not that interested in the Wii U just yet... well, we'll see what happens smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5808
#203 Posted: 21:06:54 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Though I really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds, the back-story kind of confuses me...

Warning!: Contains major spoilers and major theorizing.
Alright, according to the back-story of A Link Between Worlds, Ganon was not slain at the end of A Link to The Past, but rather sealed away.
This contradicts not only A Link to The Past, but also the Oracle games (Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons).
It is made very clear that Link kills Ganon at the end of A Link to The Past, and that he is later resurrected in the Oracle games after the three flames (Sorrow, Destruction, and Despair) had been lit and Twinrova were forced to sacrifice themselves, instead of Zelda, to resurrect him.
Because of Twinrova sacrificing themselves, though, the ritual was incomplete, thus creating a mindless and destructive Ganon.
It is also said that Link kills the mindless Ganon at the end of the Oracle games.
This doesn't appear to be the case in A Link Between Worlds, though, as Ganon is still alive.

Now, I'm wondering if perhaps, as in many other Zelda games, if the legend of Ganon's defeat in A Link to The Past had changed over time.
Six generations could equal up to 120 to 240 years (rough estimate), so that would be plenty of time for the legend to change, but the legend changing doesn't apply to Ganon himself due to the fact that, no matter how much the legend may have changed, Ganon would still be dead.

I have two theories that might explain this, though.

1. Ganon was not slain at the end of the Oracle games.
This one seems quite possible, as Vaati had appeared to have died at the end of The Minish Cap, yet he returned in Four Swords.
Now, I know that Four Swords was released before The Minish Cap, but according to Four Swords, Vaati had been sealed away within the Four Sword in The Minish Cap.
The Minish Cap, as far as I'm aware, doesn't imply that he was sealed away, rather he just explodes.
But what if, even despite it not being stated within The Minish Cap itself, Vaati wasn't slain, but really was sealed away within the Four Sword?
If that is true, then couldn't this also be the case with Ganon?
What if Ganon had not been slain at the end of the Oracle games, as he had appeared to be, but rather was sealed away?
This theory might also explain why Ganon was willing to merge with Yuga, as he would still be mindless, and thus probably easier to control, at least in Yuga's case.
Though it might also have to due with the fact that Yuga is (apparently) Ganon's Lorule counterpart.
However, this still leaves some contradictions, such as how the sages helped the Link from A Link to The Past seal Ganon away, which didn't happen.
This could still be explained as simply the legend of Ganon's defeat changing over time, but I have another theory that might explain this a little bit better.

2. The Ganon in A Link Between Worlds is the reincarnation of the Ganon from A Link to The Past and the Oracle Games.
This one is also very possible. As I had said before, six generations could equal anywhere between 120 to 240 years.
This is plenty of time for Ganon to have been reincarnated, if he did in fact die in the Oracle games.
This wouldn't be the first time that Ganon was reincarnated either, as the Ganon in Four Swords Adventures was a reincarnation of the Ganon from Twilight Princess, who had been slain by the Link from that game.
What if A Link Between Worlds' Ganon was actually a reincarnation of the past Ganon, who entered the Sacred Realm and obtained the Triforce, only to have been defeated by a different Link, who had gathered the descendants of the Seven Sages to help him defeat and seal away the new Ganon, thus leading up to A Link Between Worlds?

I think that both of these theories are very possible, but we may never really know the truth behind this major contradiction.

I'm probably putting too much thought into this, though, honestly.
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:29:46 12/12/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#204 Posted: 21:44:01 12/12/2013
You made very solid points there. However, there is one thing that you forgot... that is, if you have played Skyward Sword;

Since Ganon is alive in A Link Between Worlds, that means he was sealed away in A Link to the Past and then once again in the Oracle games. It couldn't be a reincarnation, since that would mean another story about how his reborn form is sealed. Remember, Ganon is the manifestation of Demise, his evil spirit can never disappear, only sealed by the one who carries the Spirit of the Hero (which is also indestructible). Whenever Ganon breaks his seal, the Spirit of the Hero looks for a new host to carry the mission of locking the evil one once again. It's an endless cycle.

Interestingly however,
Every time Ganon is sealed away, he appears even generations after his original time, never aging. That would mean that the seal that contains him has no time running at all, and prevents his aging. Even the same Ganon appears in different timelines (OoT-TWW and OoT-TP). Due to the amazingly great power and the time freeze, his body is rarely destroyed, which is why it's not too common for Demise's spirit to look for a new host, as it did in FSA. The Ganon in FSA is a completely different one from the one that appears in TP, which means his body was permanently destroyed in TP. The same thing can be said with TWW.
---
#205 Posted: 21:56:09 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I think that you kind of missed my point. smilie

Ganon was slain in A Link to The Past, not sealed. This is made very clear in the game itself and the Oracle games, where the Twinrova sisters attempted to resurrect him. Also, I don't quite understand your explanation as to how A Link Between Worlds' Ganon cannot be a reincarnation. Also, I think you have a misunderstanding of how the whole reincarnation thing works in the series. The Spirit of The Hero awaits the time when Hyrule (or another land) is in danger before being reborn. Link is not a host to the Spirit of The Hero, but rather the Spirit of the Hero is a part of him. This is explained in the Skyward Sword prequel manga, which though has not been confirmed as canon, also hasn't been denied, and makes quite a bit of sense.

Perhaps you could explain your counterargument a bit better?
---
#206 Posted: 22:28:21 12/12/2013
Ok, let me see if I get it right;
So Ganon was slain in ALttP, but then resurrected in the Oracle series. That means that at the end of the Oracle series, Link was unable to slain him as he did before, and only manage to seal him, otherwise (how would you explain that the Ganon in ALbW has no dialogue and seems mindless?) Remember that the Master Sword was the only thing that defeated him before, but Link didn't have it by the time the Oracle series take place.
And finally now I understand what you mean about the reincarnation. So the Spirit of the Hero does not look for a new host, it's always in Link. I remember strictly that in TWW, the King of Red Lions said to Jabun that Link didn't have any connection with the Hero of Time, but then Ganon said later that he was the Hero of Time reborn. So that would mean that he wasn't a descendant, he was the Hero of Time himself, though with no memory at all of his previous deeds. That makes all sense... until another issue takes place; if the Spirit of the Hero inhabits Link in certain eras, how can you explain the interaction between the Link form OoT (as the Hero's Shade), with the Link of TP? Do you think the spirit divided?
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#207 Posted: 22:52:40 12/12/2013
Quote: Felines

Quote: Yoshi
Yes! With the Wind Waker Wii U bundle(I know I'm gonna get it cause I found it hidden in the attic x3) and now A Link Between Worlds! *Screams* So excited!

LOL, that was sneaky. You shouldn't have done that. You spoiled the surprise elements smilie

Hahaha. Yes it was! I guess it was bad though :/ It's not like I was looking for it. I was dragging the Christmas tree ornaments downstairs when I saw it.
---
Wow
Such signature
#208 Posted: 23:06:09 12/12/2013
Oh, well if it wasn't on purpose, then that's different. It should have been hidden better smilie
---
#209 Posted: 23:11:16 12/12/2013
Yes it should have x3 What did you ask for for Christmas?
---
Wow
Such signature
#210 Posted: 23:24:33 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, let me see if I get it right;

1. So Ganon was slain in ALtTP, but then resurrected in the Oracle series. That means that at the end of the Oracle series, Link was unable to slay him as he did before, and only managed to seal him away, otherwise how would you explain that the Ganon in ALBW has no dialogue and seems mindless? Remember that the Master Sword was the only thing that defeated him before, but Link didn't have it by the time the Oracle series takes place.

2. And finally now I understand what you mean about reincarnation. So the Spirit of The Hero does not look for a new host, it's always in Link. I remember strictly that in TWW, the King of Red Lions said to Jabun that Link didn't have any connection with the Hero of Time, but then Ganon said later that he was the Hero of Time reborn. So that would mean that he wasn't a descendant, he was the Hero of Time himself, though with no memory at all of his previous deeds. That makes sense... until another issue takes place; if the Spirit of The Hero inhabits Link in certain eras, how can you explain the interaction between the Link from OoT (as the Hero's Shade), with the Link of TP? Do you think the spirit divided?

1. That's kind of why I think my first theory is more plausible. It makes a lot of sense, at least to me. Seems like it does to you too. lol

2. I personally believe that the Hero's Shade was more or less still a part of Link.
As in, even though he appeared throughout Hyrule, he was really within Link the whole time.
However, Link had to become stronger in order to learn the skills that the Hero of Time, his past life, knew.
The Hero of Time, while being a part of The Hero of Light & Shadow, was not going to simply pass his skills on to someone who didn't deserve to learn them.
The Hero's Shade was indeed regretting that he wasn't able to pass on his skills, but he wasn't going to pass it on to just anyone, even his own reincarnation.
TP Link had to become stronger if he wished to learn each skill that the Hero of Time had to teach him.
The Hero's Shade knew he was chosen by the goddesses, but even then, each hero chosen by the goddesses, all of which are the Spirit of The Hero reborn, they all had to pass certain trials before they were worthy of obtaining certain things (i.e the Master Sword).
This also applies to Link in TP.
Even though he was chosen by the goddesses, he still needed to prove himself worthy of learning each skill that his past life desired to pass on to him.
Kind of like how Link in TWW had to prove himself worthy of wielding both the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage.

Also, I've noticed that the Triforce of Courage isn't like the Triforce of Power in that, while the Triforce of Power gives one great power, the Triforce of Courage doesn't give one great courage. Rather, one has to prove themselves worthy by showing a great amount of courage and bravery. With that being said, unlike the Triforce of Power, which grants one enormous power, the Triforce of Courage is more or less a symbol of how courageous the one wielding it is. This basically means that it isn't the Triforce of Courage that makes like courageous, but it is Link himself who earns the right to wield the Triforce of Courage through his own bravery. He has to earn it by becoming stronger, which goes back to Link from TP having to become stronger to learn each skill from the Hero's Shade.

I hope that makes sense. lol
---
#211 Posted: 02:36:28 13/12/2013
LOL, that was kinda hard to process, but now that I analyze it, the three timelines do have some explanation;

In the Child timeline,
when the Hero's Shade appeared as a Golden Wolf, that was just part of the Hero's Spirit waiting to teach his new incarnation the skills it has forgotten with his new life. So whenever the Hero's Shade appeared, it wasn't two Links interacting, it was Link's sub-continence, re-teaching itself those skills in order to both remember them and ease the regret. It makes sense, since the training takes place in Link's mind rather than Hyrule itself smilie

In the Adult timeline,
things were a lot different. Once the Hero of Time returned to it's time, he had the Triforce of Courage. However, after he left Hyrule to search for Navi, the Triforce separated from him. In the Child Timeline, it managed to stay intact, however, it broke into eight parts in the Adult timeline when he passed the barrier of time and Link (The Hero of Winds) had to assemble it.

And finally, in the Downfall timeline
Link was defeated, but the spirit remained. Much like Ganon, he is destined to be reborn. Though the sages managed to seal him, it was only a matter of time before he broke free. Now it's the Link from ALttP who slays him, but couldn't prevent the resurrection and only sealed him away, and it's when the Link from ALBW interferes.

Well, that's pretty much it. I probably missed a lot of things, but this series is so full of plotholes smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:15:30 13/12/2013 by Felines
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#212 Posted: 03:03:59 13/12/2013
To be honest, the Adult and Child timeline created due to OoT makes a lot of sense to me, and it's the Downfall Timeline that ruins everything for me.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#213 Posted: 03:35:37 13/12/2013
^You got a point there. I actually believed there were only two timelines only. And really, do you remember the text at the end of ALttP that says, And the Master Swords Sleeps again... Forever, and then came ALBW. If they wanted the Master Sword to appear many times, they shouldn't have put that text. And Lorule seemed like an interesting concept, but it's really the Dark World, or a whole different new dimension (I vote for that one)?

And what about the Imprisoning War? Is suppose to explain what happened in OoT, but it is actually explained in a very different matter. And another thing that got me confused is FSA.
What happened to the Four Swords after TMC? I believe it is only destined to defeat Vaati, as the Master Sword is to Ganon. So that must mean that Vaati only managed to return in the Child Timeline, where after TP, it manages to be released and the Four Swords in need again. Ok, so that is kinda explained, but FSA coming after TP seems a little off.
---
#214 Posted: 03:40:11 13/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
To be honest, the Adult and Child timeline created due to OoT makes a lot of sense to me, and it's the Downfall Timeline that ruins everything for me.

I kind of agree, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it "ruins everything" for me.

I think it's kind of an interesting to think about Link having been defeated by Ganon in OoT.
I mean, yes, the concept of Link being defeated (and being killed) is kind of a sad thought, but I personally think it makes it a little bit more interesting.

That's probably not what you're talking about, though. *shrug*
---
#215 Posted: 04:27:45 13/12/2013
So that actually marks the first and only time where the Spirit of the Hero was completely unsuccessful in defeating the evil it's meant to seal or destroy. It really is quite of a shocker. Evil actually won that time. If it wasn't for the last resort of the sages, who knows what would have happened to Hyrule. Of course, in that timeline, Link was defeated, but at least managed to weaken Ganon long enough for the sages to seal him.
---
#216 Posted: 09:58:32 13/12/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I kind of agree, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it "ruins everything" for me.

I think it's kind of an interesting to think about Link having been defeated by Ganon in OoT.
I mean, yes, the concept of Link being defeated (and being killed) is kind of a sad thought, but I personally think it makes it a little bit more interesting.

That's probably not what you're talking about, though. *shrug*

Okay, I admit I went overboard with that. I actually meant the knew timeline just made the whole thing confusing for me. I mean, how did that timeline split into it's own timeline in the first place? Zelda purposely created another timeline for Link to go back to, so would that mean she would have created another one in hopes that Link succeeded this time? And if so, surly the same events would just happen all over again. I just don't see it working out.

My theory is that Link originally took on Ganon as a child, and because that failed, Zelda created a knew timeline, and in that timeline made Link sleep in a crystal thing for seven years instead. It's the only theory I could think off which makes sense to me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:08:56 13/12/2013 by DarkCynder_543
#217 Posted: 13:07:12 13/12/2013
I have a question about ALBW:

So we all know that there are seven sages in this game and is supposed to be an indirect sequel to ALttP.Okay so the sages are I assume meant to be decedents of the sages in OoT.There are only six sages in OoT,if you don't count Zelda as the leader of the sages.By process of elimination you can see that Osfala is Rauru's descendant,Gulley is Saria's,Rosso is Darunia's,Oren is Ruto's and Impa is well Impa's.That leaves Irene and Seres.I can say that I highly doubt Seres is the descendant of Nabooru so that would mean Irene would be(only because she is saved in the Desert Palace and the very similar personality and the fact the use Link for they're own benefit)So who is Seres the descendant of?She can't be Zelda's since Zelda is not a sage n this game but is the Princess.Why is Seres a sage and who is her ancestor?I know that the sages pf ALttP are known as the Seven Wise Men but of coarse we need to know what part of the timeline is ALBW on?

If my question is asked I would be very happy.
---
Stream favOriTe
#218 Posted: 13:25:40 13/12/2013
Hmm... well, that is one good question. I never even wondered it myself. Let's see...
Considering that Zelda doesn't act as a Sage in ALBW, it is possible that Seres is a distant descendant of the Royal Family, and instead of Zelda being one of the Sages, the responsibility was given to Seres. Irene, well, she can only be Nabooru's, a very distant descendant, since she doesn't seem like a Gerudo. Remember that the Gerudos are almost exclusively females, and in OoT, one of the gossip stones explain that sometimes, Gerudo women take men of Hyrule in order to assure their existence. It's possible then, that Irene is both a Gerudo and a Hylian, with the latter being a more noticeable trait.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:21 13/12/2013 by Felines
#219 Posted: 00:04:46 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
@DarkCynder_543 - No, no, no. The Downfall Timeline is basically an alternate ending to Ocarina of Time.
The Adult and Child timelines are both of the main endings to OoT, with the Downfall Timeline basically acting as an alternative ending to OoT, where, instead of Link being successful in defeating Ganon in the final battle, he is defeated and Ganon manages to obtain the full Triforce.
However, Ganon was greatly weakened from his battle with Link, and as a result, the Seven Sages were easily able to seal him, and the complete Triforce, away within the Dark World.

I hope that makes some sense, at least, but I think I might have misunderstood your post. lol

@azz01 - I'm going to have to agree with Felines on this one.

I'd also like to point out that the Gerudo appear to be capable of using magic (Ganondorf and Twinrova are the only examples that I can think of).
Irene is a witch, and witches usually use some sort of magic (such as her magic broom, which can be compared to the brooms that both Koume and Kotake, a.k.a the Twinrova sisters, use to fly around and cast magic spells).

Another thing I'd like to point out, this time related to Seres, is that she resides in the Hyrulian Cemetery (well, the Sanctuary to be more precise, but the Hyrulian Cemetery surrounds the Sanctuary, so...).
A lot of the time in the series, the cemeteries act as the resting place of diseased members of Hyrule's Royal Family.
Now, of course other people are laid to rest in the cemeteries as well, but they tend to be the resting place of diseased Royal Family members more than anyone else.

This could be evidence of Seres' connection to the Royal Family, but it's just a theory (although it's the only thing that makes sense to me lol)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:53 14/12/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#220 Posted: 04:34:51 14/12/2013
Well, the game takes place six generations after ALttP, and ALttP takes who knows how many hundreds or even thousands of years happened since ALttP.
So, we are talking many, many years between OoT and ALBW. Obviously, the descendants have some very big differences, despite the similarities. Gulley for example, may look a lot like Saira, but he is a Hylian, like both of his parents. Maybe the Kokiri got extinct and/or became Hylians. That's just one example.
---
#221 Posted: 15:03:07 14/12/2013
@Sess I agree.I thought at first it could be a reference to the maidens you had to save in ALttP but it did confuse me.I wonder what she is the sage of since we they don't clarify if they are pacific sages of a certain thing like Rauru was the sage of light,they never said Osfala was the sage of light even though we can assume he Rauru's descendant.That was what really got we confused.

@Felines we can assume Gulley is not a direct descendant or Saria.His family tree could go way back to being Kokiri kind of like Irene could be related to Gorudo but way back in her family tree.Maybe like Link one of his past ancestors were raised as a Korkiri and could have found love with a Kokiri(Weird but possible since Kokiri people are said to be older then they look I believe)So yeah.
---
Stream favOriTe
#222 Posted: 15:56:06 14/12/2013
So that's it. Many things could have changed during that lifetime, which is why some of the Sages don't look at all like their descendants. And about Seres, maybe she is a very distant relative of the Royal family, and since Zelda already has many responsibilities on her own as a princess, the Sage's job was then passed to another descendant.
---
#223 Posted: 19:08:52 14/12/2013
I like it when you guys have a disagreement about the time line and I just sit here confused. I just play each game like its its own game and they're not connected to each other. Plus I haven't played all the games so when I read some of your spoilers, I'm clueless.
---
Wow
Such signature
#224 Posted: 19:59:22 14/12/2013
Oh right, we forgot about the spoilers. Sorry about that, but I think we are getting use to believe that everyone in this forum have played every game released. But don't worry, those are just speculations, it doesn't spoil anything about the games in particular.
So you play the games as their own. That is a good idea, and you don't have to go through a headache of figuring out the timeline smilie
---
#225 Posted: 21:20:01 14/12/2013
Yeah,the timeline really ****ed stuff up.
---
Stream favOriTe
#226 Posted: 00:14:17 15/12/2013
@DarkCynder_543 - No, no, no. The Downfall Timeline is basically an alternate ending to Ocarina of Time.
The Adult and Child timelines are both of the main endings to OoT, with the Downfall Timeline basically acting as an alternative ending to OoT, where, instead of Link being successful in defeating Ganon in the final battle, he is defeated and Ganon manages to obtain the full Triforce.
However, Ganon was greatly weakened from his battle with Link, and as a result, the Seven Sages were easily able to seal him, and the complete Triforce, away within the Dark World.

I hope that makes some sense, at least, but I think I might have misunderstood your post. lol

@azz01 -

Well if that's the case, then it's understandable then. I haven't read Hyrule Historia and only heard that the Downfall Timeline is a third timeline so I just assumed it was also cannon. If it's just an alternate/'what if' timeline, then it makes more sense to me.
---
#227 Posted: 01:27:28 15/12/2013
The "what if..." theory is very good. In fact, the prologue of AlttP, explains how the Sages sealed Ganon, but never mentioned the Hero of Time. In fact, the Downfall timeline is the only one that doesn't mention him at all, and with good reason. I assume that defeat was kept a secret and eventually forgotten.
But another thing, the three timelines are canon, and remember that OoT involved time traveling, thus many things were altered. I believe all three timelines are happening at the same time, but due to the time travel dilemma, all the stories are happening in three different dimensions, where three different events involving the final battle with Ganon in OoT lead to different stories in three separated dimensions of time itself.

Quote: azz01
Yeah,the timeline really ****ed stuff up.

Let's hope that with the release of future games, thing will make more sense instead of confusing more, as some of the latest games are seem to be doing. It really would help also if we at least knew what happens to Link after the ending of certain games. For example,
we all know after MM, Link continued his journey, and during his lifetime, he was filled with regrets that were eased during TP. So what really happened to The Hero of Time? Did he ever find Navi, or e gave up after a long time and established somewhere?

Another greater controversy is with the Link from ALttP. We all know now that this is the same link from the Oracle series and Links Awakening,and speaking of that game;
we all know that Link spent the whole game trying to escape from an island after he was shipwrecked. And when he manages to escape, we see him stranded at sea, with his boat destroyed. Did he ever managed to get on shore? What became of him after that event?

I am telling you, too many questions remain.
---
#228 Posted: 16:21:51 15/12/2013
Oh right, we forgot about the spoilers. Sorry about that, but I think we are getting use to believe that everyone in this forum have played every game released. But don't worry, those are just speculations, it doesn't spoil anything about the games in particular.
So you play the games as their own. That is a good idea, and you don't have to go through a headache of figuring out the timeline smilie

Hahaha, no keep up with the spoilers! I find them interesting. Yeah, I guess it is good I treat each game as its own.
---
Wow
Such signature
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#229 Posted: 21:00:52 18/12/2013
New zelda spin off announced!
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6170
#230 Posted: 21:38:41 18/12/2013

It's Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda coat of paint, essentially.

Also, for anyone who has Sonic Lost World on Wii U, they teased a Zelda themed DLC stage today. This will be the second Nintendo themed DLC stage for the game, the first one being a Yoshi's Island themed one, which was released today and is free to download. The teaser comes in the form of this edited version of a Sonic Lost World promotional wallpaper that was shown in the Direct:

[User Posted Image]
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:05 18/12/2013 by sonicbrawler182
#231 Posted: 05:13:13 19/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I must say that I'm really excited for Hyrule Warriors. I don't know why, but it just looks amazing!
I find it funny how people are complaining about the graphics, though.
I also find it funny how people think that this is a canon game, even though Iwata clearly said that it wasn't, and that it's so obvious. lol
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6170
#232 Posted: 09:00:12 19/12/2013
I'm on the fence, because I have past experience with Dynasty Warriors. Even when these guys get their hands on a licence (like the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series), it usually ends up feeling too repetitive and a bit lackluster. They're good games, and I find myself oddly hooked on them occasionally, but still. Even from that trailer, it doesn't seem they are doing much new, other than incorporating the inventory system of Zelda games, which is interesting. I hope Nintendo actually has a say in what goes on, as I think Nintendo overseeing development, the game would have more to it than most Dynasty Warriors games. And as long as this has online multiplayer, I will be happy enough.

And anyone complaining about the graphics is foolish. They aren't mind blowing, but Dynasty Warriors games generally have limited graphics engines to accommodate for the sheer number of enemies on-screen. This is probably the best looking game in the franchise, though.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#233 Posted: 00:07:02 20/12/2013
I'm looking forward to hyrule warriors not only cuz it looks fun but also cuz I saw items the bombs and the fire rod
#234 Posted: 06:13:49 20/12/2013
I must say that I'm really excited for Hyrule Warriors. I don't know why, but it just looks amazing!
I find it funny how people are complaining about the graphics, though.
I also find it funny how people think that this is a canon game, even though Iwata clearly said that it wasn't, and that it's so obvious. lol

Hyrule Warriors... is that the so anticipated Zelda game for the Wii U? If it isn't canon, then I believe it's just yet another game to shorten the time span of the next canon Zelda game to be released. Looks very interesting indeed, but doesn't feel like part of the timeline. I suppose is just that, a teaser.
And what is that? People complaining about the graphics AGAIN? I don't know about you guys, but people debate so darn much about that. First the cel-shading of The Wind Waker, then Skyward Sword and now this one too? Come on, in my opinion, The Legend of Zelda has proven that it can come in any type of graphic. Cartoony like The Wind Waker, dark and realistic like Twilight Princess, or something in between like Skyward Sword. Even the pixelated graphics of the earliest entries were amazing. Whatever the graphics are, it fits the game where it is. All the games are great and entertaining, why do people still insist on making such a fuzz about the graphics? smilie
---
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#235 Posted: 07:23:52 20/12/2013
@Felines -

To be perfectly honest I was happy with Skyward Swords graphics. So I haven't complained...well...ever to be honest. I've liked every Zelda game just fine...though I think this is where I make an exception to that. It does seem a little...low quality in graphics. But come on...a game changes over time. We constantly see graphical improvements from the first stages of a game when they give first glances like this. I'm not too worried. Plus, this isn't a Canon game. I believe graphical design is going to be much more focused in a full on game.

@Brawler -

Have they revealed how much this will be?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:26:08 20/12/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
#236 Posted: 16:27:14 20/12/2013
I know. I am not saying everybody is complaining, just most people. Though I understand what you mean about Hyrule Warriors. But, if it isn't a canon game, then the graphics aren't that much of a deal. If it was a canon game, I can assure you Nintendo would have update it big time. But remember, that was only a teaser, maybe the graphics aren't like that at all. Remember Space World 2000 tech demo?
---
#237 Posted: 21:50:33 20/12/2013
Yeah. And that is a good point. If it's not a canon game I guess I shouldn't be worried.
And that's exactly what I was thinking. For all we know it will look more epic than expected. :0
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#238 Posted: 22:03:46 20/12/2013
I got that last heart piece a few hours ago and defeated Yuga. I am a happy Sess. smilie

I kind of want to play Hero Mode, but I have other things to focus on at the moment, so that'll just have to wait.

I saw a description on the zelda wind waker wii u hard mode and it sounded hard
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:08 20/12/2013 by Grimslinger91
#239 Posted: 23:40:32 20/12/2013
I want to try Hero Mode eventually, but it must be extremely hard for what I heard. And speaking of TWW, I did want to try the mode once to complete the Pictograph quest, but it's weird since Link keeps his original outfit, so I stopped. I would be interesting though to see the characters that speak only Hylian have their words translated. And about the Pictograph quest, it's true what some said. It is possible to complete it in the first playthrough. You just need tp\o be careful with the one-time Pictographs.

Quote: Gem-A-Knight
Yeah. And that is a good point. If it's not a canon game I guess I shouldn't be worried.
And that's exactly what I was thinking. For all we know it will look more epic than expected. :0

It has happened many times. They give us teaser trailers and the actual game turns out something completely different. Nintendo does that a lot particularly with Zelda games, as you may know already smilie
---
#240 Posted: 07:40:02 21/12/2013
Yeah. It's a bit unfortunate though in relation to the new upcoming canon game. I really love the twilight princess style. I just feel like that fits Zelda really well. The fact the tech demo really isn't how it will look at all is saddening. Though, I have a feeling the style they used for Smash Brothers is what they have planned for this new one.
#241 Posted: 16:54:30 21/12/2013
I do believe you're right. Skyward Sword looked a little realistic, but too much coloring. But sure, that was just a result of mixing The Wind Waker's graphics with Twilight Princess graphics. Who would have know they would manage to pull that off? But anyway, as I said before, I really don't care about the graphics. The type of graphic in their respective games fit so well. TWW's cel-shading fitted so well with the oceanic overword and expressiveness of the character, and TP's graphics mend very well with the dark and realistic world of the game.
---
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#242 Posted: 06:52:14 22/12/2013
I got the Zelda XL as a Christmas Present! (I went and picked it up with my parents on Tuesday as it was the last one at Walmart) I still have to wait until Tuesday to use it though ;-; (I celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve)
---
lmao just close your eyes
#243 Posted: 19:13:15 22/12/2013
^Wait, now? Why are people receiving Christmas gift before the actual date? A friend of mine already received hers. It's not Christmas yet, and you are receiving presents already smilie
---
#244 Posted: 23:49:37 22/12/2013
I do believe you're right. Skyward Sword looked a little realistic, but too much coloring. But sure, that was just a result of mixing The Wind Waker's graphics with Twilight Princess graphics. Who would have know they would manage to pull that off? But anyway, as I said before, I really don't care about the graphics. The type of graphic in their respective games fit so well. TWW's cel-shading fitted so well with the oceanic overword and expressiveness of the character, and TP's graphics mend very well with the dark and realistic world of the game.

Ohh, good point! Yes, they're graphical design does tend to blend very well with the environment and the type of feeling they mean to create within that environment. That's very true for most if not all Zelda games.

But yeah, besides graphics, I get the feeling this new zelda is gonna be without doubt the best. I don't know why. I'm very excited, even if we have yet to know what the game will be like.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#245 Posted: 00:08:11 23/12/2013
Hyrule Warriors... preety
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#246 Posted: 06:41:19 23/12/2013

Ohh, good point! Yes, they're graphical design does tend to blend very well with the environment and the type of feeling they mean to create within that environment. That's very true for most if not all Zelda games.

But yeah, besides graphics, I get the feeling this new zelda is gonna be without doubt the best. I don't know why. I'm very excited, even if we have yet to know what the game will be like.

it does look very interesting. However, I wonder what the story will be if it's not a canon game.
But returning to the graphics topic, it's really no big deal what type they use. As already mentioned, whatever graphic they use seems to blend so perfectly with the game they appear on. Why, even the pixelated graphic of the earliest games didn't stopped them for being so epic and have that adventurous feel smilie
---
#247 Posted: 18:58:01 23/12/2013

it does look very interesting. However, I wonder what the story will be if it's not a canon game.
But returning to the graphics topic, it's really no big deal what type they use. As already mentioned, whatever graphic they use seems to blend so perfectly with the game they appear on. Why, even the pixelated graphic of the earliest games didn't stopped them for being so epic and have that adventurous feel smilie

Wait I'm talking about the Zelda we haven't seen a single thing on yet. smilie That one is a cannon game we know that. Hyrule Warriors isn't, though that looks fun too, but it's the new Zelda I can't wait for. Yeah, speaking if the older ones actually, how worth it is it to buy one off the eshop? It's very tempting, but I don't know how fun it will be.
#248 Posted: 02:58:16 24/12/2013
I have bought a few games on eshop, and there are not any different from the originals. It's like you have the cartridge permanently on the 3DS. I have every Zelda game already, so there is no need for me to purchase them.
Now, the real question is, the next canon Zelda game is for the Wii U, and we haven't heard anything about it since that tech demo they give a few months ago. But now, instead of another preview, we are given Hyrule Warriors. Is the next canon game really taking that long? I guess we mustn't complain at all, we barely got A Link Between Worlds. But it still makes me wonder how long the development is going to take with so many remakes and non-canon games released. Skyward Sword took the longest so far, but at this rate, it looks like the new one is going to break record.
---
#249 Posted: 22:57:55 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I just beat Skyward Sword a few days ago. smilie
I'm very happy to have finally completed it, since I've had it since Christmas of 2011, and it has taken me over two years to beat it. lol
(I took a very long break due to fear of the Silent Realms, and another long break due to frustration with the third Imprisoned battle)

I have to say that both final battles (Ghirahim and Demise) were very interesting and exciting, but I felt that Demise was way too easy.
This is the feeling I get from most final bosses in Zelda, however, so it's no big deal.

I do like how they threw in a remix of Ganon's leitmotif in Demise's theme when you encounter him within his realm.
It's a good reference to Ganondorf being connected to him through his curse.
---
#250 Posted: 05:55:41 24/01/2014
Well, it loos like you had a really long time to complete it, but I do understand you. I hated those Silent Realms to death, and the Imprisoned battles, especially the third one, were very frustrating... and I must say, lame. But it was quite a remarkable game nonetheless, and Demise was a great battle. A little too easy, but at least more challenging and interesting than the final battle in TWW.

Alright, now that I am here, I would like to point something... do you think the series should be discontinued once Nintendo runs out of ideas? Take Mario for example, most of the games are awesome, but they are getting boring and repetitive every time. And should I mention Pokemon as well? Come on, I know that deep inside, we don't want our favorite series to end, but at least let them retire while at the top. Like they did with Starfox. Or a much better idea, let the series rest for a long while and suddenly come up with something new and amazing, like what happened to Kid Icarus smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me