Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31
All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#151 Posted: 22:44:19 25/11/2013
Beat this today, such an amazing game. I plan to go through Hero Mode and try for 100% completion.
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8611
#152 Posted: 23:41:45 25/11/2013
Finished already? That was quite fast. either you spent an awful lot of time playing, or the game is short. I started it myself, and I am enjoying it a LOT. But... I feel that some parts are a little rushed...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#153 Posted: 00:15:50 26/11/2013
I spent a lot of time playing, I wanted to get through most of it before Ys: Memories of Celceta comes out
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#154 Posted: 20:02:17 27/11/2013
A Link Between Worlds looks quite fun. I wish I had a 3DS/2DS for it.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#155 Posted: 22:29:02 27/11/2013
Hey Webmeister:
2DS For 99.99 at Walmart tomorrow, check it out!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#156 Posted: 20:48:56 28/11/2013
I finished A Link Between Worlds. It was a little short, but VERY entertaining nonetheless. Most Zelda game's endings are quite predictable... but this game had quite a twist that took me by surprise. And once it happened, made so much sense smilie
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#157 Posted: 08:49:57 29/11/2013
I've got it, but I can't play it until Christmas. ;___;

I ended up asking my parents if I could play a bit of it to 'check to see if it works'. I liked it, but I'm dissapointed that

Yuga is not a female villain. I was hoping for a second female villain. And worse, he seems like another Ghiramhim, who was an original character and should not have another copy.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:52:30 29/11/2013 by DarkCynder_543
#158 Posted: 20:49:01 29/11/2013
^I noticed that too. However, despite the similarities, there are some very big differences as well. You will notice soon enough.
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#159 Posted: 20:51:03 29/11/2013
Aww man. You guys really want me to get this now!
---
Wow
Such signature
#160 Posted: 21:06:23 29/11/2013
It is a Japanese game, I wonder why it was released here first. But hey, you get many released game way before we do. There is a particular game as an example, you should know, we have talked about it a lot. You finished the game already, and we won't get it until next year smilie
---
#161 Posted: 21:08:00 29/11/2013
Hmm. Maybe they thought it would sell better in the U.S?
---
Wow
Such signature
#162 Posted: 21:11:50 29/11/2013
Probably. Wait, does that mean that the Zelda games are more popular in the US than Japan itself?
---
#163 Posted: 21:13:06 29/11/2013
Maybe... I guess we'll just have to see how the sales go.
---
Wow
Such signature
#164 Posted: 21:31:02 29/11/2013
It would make sense. Professor Layton for example, is far more popular in Japan than it is in the US, so that would explain why is it released there first and more later in the US. There may be other reasons though.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#165 Posted: 22:39:22 29/11/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor

If I were to get one for Black Friday, I'd get the 3DS with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at Best Buy sale.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5808
#166 Posted: 04:05:46 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I've got it, but I can't play it until Christmas. ;___;

I ended up asking my parents if I could play a bit of it to 'check to see if it works'. I liked it, but I'm disappointed that

Yuga is not a female villain. I was hoping for a second female villain. And worse, he seems like another Ghirahim, who was an original character and should not have another copy.

I was also disappointed about that, but it's no big deal really.
I hope they do introduce another female villain in the future though, or maybe Twinrova again since I really like Twinrova.

Also, Yuga is similar in appearance to Ghirahim, but, as Felines said, he has plenty of differences from Ghirahim.
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
#167 Posted: 06:01:03 30/11/2013
I must say, I was also a little disappointing that Yuga was confirmed male. I believe it would do well for the series to have at least one main female antagonist, not just only Ganon. Vaati is the only one to have been a major antagonist to the series besides Ganon. Every female villain are always secondary. Tuinrova for example, was a very major villain in the Oracle series, but then Ganon appears as the final battle and the main reason for everything going on.

Speaking of that, it is actually Veran my most favorite villain in the entire series. I know its unusual, but despite being just a secondary villain, part of a bigger plan, unlike Onox, you can actually see her several times in the game, working hard to achieve her goal. You only get to see Onox in the beginning and end only. And let's not forget that she has many forms for you to fight her, and Onox has only two. He was more challenging, but Veran was longer and more fun smilie
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#168 Posted: 16:17:28 30/11/2013
My fav villain is Byrne from Spirit tracks. Chamcellor Cole is cool in a demon leprechaun kinda way too.
[User Posted Image]
He looks like Zero, Ezio, and Wolverine were combined together, and in the end finnalyy saw the error of his ways and died to protect Link and Zelda from Malladus.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:58 30/11/2013 by hardcoreignitor
#169 Posted: 18:25:52 30/11/2013
Oh right, Byrne, he was a very cool character as well, but I wished that the only time we get to battle him he could have been a little more challenging and complex. LOL, that combination you put smilie
Though I absolutely loved how he was redeemed at the end, I hated the high price he had to pay for it smilie
---
#170 Posted: 19:18:17 30/11/2013
So this is about ST? I never played that.
---
Wow
Such signature
#171 Posted: 21:04:06 30/11/2013
No no, it's not about Spirit Tracks alone, it's about the whole series, especially A Link Between Worlds, since it's the most recent entry in the series.
---
#172 Posted: 01:16:51 01/12/2013
I actually loved Ghirahim (I thought his 'fabulous' nature was a wonderful experience) and Zant (he was a good villain at first) when they were first introduced and appeared to be stand alone villains. But they're evil nature sort of... downgraded when it turns out they're actually a bigger villain's puppets.

Quote: Felines
^I noticed that too. However, despite the similarities, there are some very big differences as well. You will notice soon enough.

I hope so, since I honestly haven't played that much. But as soon as he started talking, his style instantly reminded me of Ghirahim.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:46 01/12/2013 by DarkCynder_543
#173 Posted: 02:07:09 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I've noticed that, most of the time in the Zelda series, the villain who appears to be the main antagonist, is really nothing more than a puppet to a greater villain.

Examples Include: (I might be forgetting a few, so let me know if I did)
1. The Skull Kid was being corrupted by Majora.
2. Veran and Onox were really just servants to the Twinrova sisters, who were trying to resurrect Ganon (which they kind of did, but not exactly).
3. Vaati was being used by Ganon in FSA (though, if I remember correctly, Vaati wasn't aware that he was being used).
4. Zant was nothing more than a servant to Ganon, who Zant believed to be a "god".
5. Byrne and Cole were serving Malladus. (I guess this one is a little more obvious, since this was already established early on in the game).
6. Ghirahim was really only a servant to Demise, who Ghirahim was trying to "resurrect". That, and Ghirahim was also Demise's sword, like Fi is Link's sword.

Now, I really want to avoid spoiling anything, but A Link Between Worlds puts an interesting spin on this common plot device.
I won't go into any further details, but it's definitely something that I didn't expect.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:26:16 01/12/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#174 Posted: 02:29:42 01/12/2013
What Sesshomaru says at the end is true. Most Zelda games are quite predictable, but A Link Between Worlds is full of very unexpected twists. Once they happen, you will then ask yourself; how didn't I noticed that sooner? smilie
It was a terrific game indeed. It manage to borrow elements from an already epic game like A Link to the Past and make it look like something new. The only thing that bothered me about the game is that it was short... at least for me. I played with a reasonable amount of time and managed to beat it a little faster than I would have wanted to, but other than that, the game's worth it.

Oh, and did I mention that most of the mini-games are so fun? They are not plot-related as usual, just to get a Piece of Heart, but one of the mini-games is;
Octoball Derby. It's exactly like baseball, with very few differences. Baseball! My favorite sport smilie
---
#175 Posted: 23:34:42 02/12/2013
I've being hearing that A Link Between Worlds is a really good game. God dammit this wants me to play it really badly.

And I forgot about Majora. He/she was one of my favourites as well.
---
#176 Posted: 01:41:03 03/12/2013
I thought Majora was going to make a minor plot-related story, but it appears that it's only there as an Easter egg. I wonder if it's telling us that there is a Majora's Mask remake along the way. Many people have been demanding it after all, I doubt Nintendo would ignore such a constant petition.
---
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 806
#177 Posted: 21:20:38 03/12/2013
I bought both games

- The Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD Limited Edition
- 3DS The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds Limited Edition

i'm playing a link between worlds atm, and i love it smilie
#178 Posted: 17:22:30 06/12/2013
I really wanted The Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD Limited Edition, but it's extremely expensive. I already have the GameCube version, and too many consoles already, so I must resist the temptation. But those new features are so cool, especially the fast sail and the fact you can carry more photographs and taking photos of yourself smilie
---
#179 Posted: 05:31:00 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm in the last dungeon, up to the part where you fight Yuga, but I decided not to fight him right away (though I did complete the rest of the dungeon).

I have only five more pieces of heart left, and then I'll be ready to fight Yuga. smilie

I've got everything else done in the game, though, including items, Maiamais, upgrades, etc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:31:54 07/12/2013 by Sesshomaru75
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#180 Posted: 13:06:59 07/12/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: BrutalBash101
Is it confirmed that Ganondorf/Ganon will be returning as the antagonist?

If you look at the gameplay video for A Link Between Worlds in post #7 at around 1:50, he is mentioned, but there has not been any actual confirmation that he will be in the game as of yet. It is likely, but it simply hasn't been confirmed.

He is more like a secondary antagonist
#181 Posted: 13:08:11 07/12/2013
I'm in the last dungeon, up to the part where you fight Yuga, but I decided not to fight him right away (though I did complete the rest of the dungeon).

I have only five more pieces of heart left, and then I'll be ready to fight Yuga. smilie

I've got everything else done in the game, though, including items, Maiamais, upgrades, etc.

What does the boomerang upgrade do because i got it
#182 Posted: 16:23:41 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I only have one more heart piece left before I can fight Yuga.
Unfortunately, it's the one that you get from the Octoball Derby, and I've kind of given up on getting it since I've spent hours trying to win it.
I came close three times to winning it, twice of which I would have only needed to hit a gold pot to get the prize.
I really want to get it before I fight Yuga, but it's just so frustrating and it takes forever to get anywhere with it.
It's by far my least favorite mini-game in the series, and I'd even go as far as to say that I hate it. It's the only thing wrong with this game.

Quote: Grimslinger91
He is more like a secondary antagonist.

Shhh, spoilers...

What does the Boomerang upgrade do?

It allows you to throw three at once, and they also have increased range.

Also, not to sound rude, but please try to use the edit button instead of double posting. Thank you! smilie
---
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#183 Posted: 17:19:08 07/12/2013
Should I get A Link Between Worlds?I feel like it would be good but I am kind of thrown off by the painting powers since they look odd.What should I do?
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
#184 Posted: 17:22:59 07/12/2013
I only have one more heart piece left before I can fight Yuga.
Unfortunately, it's the one that you get from the Octoball Derby, and I've kind of given up on getting it since I've spent hours trying to win it.
I came close three times to winning it, twice of which I would have only needed to hit a gold pot to get the prize.
I really want to get it before I fight Yuga, but it's just so frustrating and it takes forever to get anywhere with it.
It's by far my least favorite mini-game in the series, and I'd even go as far as to say that I hate it. It's the only thing wrong with this game.

He is more like a secondary antagonist.

Shhh, spoilers...

What does the Boomerang upgrade do?

It allows you to throw three at once, and they also have increased range.

Also, not to sound rude, but please try to use the edit button instead of double posting. Thank you! smilie

Ok and how do you throw three, do you hold the button it is assigned to?
#185 Posted: 21:30:21 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: azz01
Should I get A Link Between Worlds? I feel like it would be good, but I'm kind of thrown off by the painting powers, since they look odd. What should I do?

You should definitely get it.
I must admit that I was kind of thrown off by the painting powers too, as well as the graphics, but I eventually got used to them and now I love them.
The game itself is also really fun and I highly recommend it. smilie

How do you throw three? Do you hold the button it is assigned to?

If it's assigned to X or Y, you press the button three times to throw them. Holding the button only throws one.
---
#186 Posted: 02:13:18 08/12/2013
Hmm, I see this topic is getting quite the attention now that a new game was released. Let's see what kind of new game they are planning to do. Supposedly, it will be for the Wii U, but who knows how long will it really take. Skyward Sword was briefly mentioned even before the release of Phantom Hourglass, and look how long it took to actually be released smilie
---
#187 Posted: 02:17:20 08/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I got that last heart piece a few hours ago and defeated Yuga. I am a happy Sess. smilie

I kind of want to play Hero Mode, but I have other things to focus on at the moment, so that'll just have to wait.
---
#188 Posted: 02:36:41 08/12/2013
Sheesh, the normal gameplay was hard enough, Hero Mode must be almost impossible. Seriously, I lost like trice in this game smilie
---
#189 Posted: 03:08:30 08/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Sheesh, the normal gameplay was hard enough, Hero Mode must be almost impossible. Seriously, I lost like twice in this game. smilie

I actually didn't die once, and I thought it was pretty easy, to be completely honest.
I find it funny how this is the first Zelda game where I didn't even use a guide of any sort and still got 100% completion without getting a Game Over.
Of course the game did have a decent amount of challenge, but it certainly wasn't insanely difficult.
The only thing that really gave me a lot of trouble in the game was the Octoball Derby, and that's just a mini-game.

It was an extremely enjoyable game though.

Oh, and ALBW's Hero Mode has recovery hearts, so I think that it would be a lot easier when compared to the Hero Modes in past games.
---
#190 Posted: 10:44:49 08/12/2013
In hero mode you are said to take a lot more damage from enemies and that is why there is recovery hearts.
---
Stream favOriTe
#191 Posted: 20:06:31 08/12/2013
Sheesh, the normal gameplay was hard enough, Hero Mode must be almost impossible. Seriously, I lost like twice in this game. smilie

I actually didn't die once, and I thought it was pretty easy, to be completely honest.
I find it funny how this is the first Zelda game where I didn't even use a guide of any sort and still got 100% completion without getting a Game Over.
Of course the game did have a decent amount of challenge, but it certainly wasn't insanely difficult.
The only thing that really gave me a lot of trouble in the game was the Octoball Derby, and that's just a mini-game.

It was an extremely enjoyable game though.

Oh, and ALBW's Hero Mode has recovery hearts, so I think that it would be a lot easier when compared to the Hero Modes in past games.

The game was easy in terms of figuring out things, I can say that. I also, didn't need a guide for it, not even to find the Maiamais (don't know if I spelled it right). When I say it was hard, I meant the huge amount of hearts some enemies took off. The first dungeons were hard... but I believe it's because since you complete the dungeons in a non-linear fashion, they are somehow equally challenging...which may explain why the game felt easier as it progressed.

And about the mini-games, I absolutely loved Octoball Derby. It was difficult to adapt to, but soon I figured it out. Maybe it's because I love baseball smilie
The mini-game I found hard was the one where you have to dodge all the Cuccos smilie
---
#192 Posted: 00:17:20 09/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: azz01
In Hero Mode, you take a lot more damage from enemies, and that is why there are recovery hearts.

But enemies also did more damage in past Hero Modes, though???? And they didn't have any recovery hearts in the past ones either.

The only enemy I could see dealing a large amount of damage is the Hinox, since their charge attack already did a large amount of damage in the normal mode.
---
#193 Posted: 04:17:44 09/12/2013
Enemies do the quadruple of damage, double of double! That is an awful lot of hearts. It really is no surprise that this Hero Mode in particular has hearts in the overworld, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to complete.
---
#194 Posted: 16:41:28 11/12/2013
I feel really bad since I watched a full LP of ALBW and spoiled the game for my self.Also at first I thought Yuga was Twinrova.

Also:
If enimies do quadruple damage I would hate to go up against that one Hinox in that secret cave that if you take enough of his rupees he gets really angry and tries to kill yo and does double damage then Hinox already does.Damn.
---
Stream favOriTe
#195 Posted: 17:42:07 11/12/2013
I avoided spoilers for this game, and I am glad I did. A revelation in the ending had me in shock. Even tough it was obvious, I completely missed it, so it was a deep surprise. And about what you said:

The Hinox in the hidden cave, well, I only encountered it once. I could have still ask for Rupees, but I stopped after it has given me 100. I didn't get greedy, and that was a good idea. I found out much later that he actually attacks if you ask for too much smilie
---
#196 Posted: 22:30:30 11/12/2013
I'm thinking of asking for this game for Christmas.
---
Wow
Such signature
#197 Posted: 22:50:22 11/12/2013
Good idea. It's going to be a Zelda Christmas for you, isn't it? smilie
---
#198 Posted: 23:50:43 11/12/2013
Yes! With the Wind Waker Wii U bundle(I know I'm gonna get it cause I found it hidden in the attic x3) and now A Link Between Worlds! *Screams* So excited!
---
Wow
Such signature
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#199 Posted: 09:14:50 12/12/2013
Isn't there some upcoming Zelda News this month about the new Zelda game? Or is that beginning in 2014? In which case I'm way ahead of myself. (The Wii U Zelda, I mean)

Edit: Actually, I just answered my own question. E3 2014, I suppose. Yep. I was ahead of myself here, unfortunately.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:18:16 12/12/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
#200 Posted: 13:09:45 12/12/2013
No new news yet, at least here. I am pretty sure once 2014 begins, it's going to have plenty of updates.

Quote: Yoshi
Yes! With the Wind Waker Wii U bundle(I know I'm gonna get it cause I found it hidden in the attic x3) and now A Link Between Worlds! *Screams* So excited!

LOL, that was sneaky. You shouldn't have done that. You spoiled the surprise elements smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me