Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31
The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6367
#101 Posted: 16:35:23 14/11/2013
Well, I can't say that for sure. I don't have the game yet. :V
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6008
#102 Posted: 16:48:29 14/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
So Shadow Link won't be in the main story, correct?

Nope, as far as we know at least. However, that could easily not be the case.
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:29 14/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8821
#103 Posted: 21:53:11 14/11/2013
Considering how popular he is, I would be surprised he is not included. I doubt a little that just because he appears in StreetPass, he won't be in the main gameplay. Which reminds me... Lorule has characters that are opposites to the ones in Hyrule. Like Hilda and Zelda. Maybe Link has Shadow Link as his opposite, which is why that land is without a Hero, unless Link has no opposite at all in that land...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#104 Posted: 21:57:02 14/11/2013
Considering how popular he is, I would be surprised he is not included. I doubt a little that just because he appears in StreetPass, he won't be in the main gameplay. Which reminds me... Lorule has characters that are opposites to the ones in Hyrule. Like Hilda and Zelda. Maybe Link has Shadow Link as his opposite, which is why that land is without a Hero, unless Link has no opposite at all in that land...

"Link"
"A Link Between Worlds"

Link has no opposite. He is the Link between the two worlds - as such, he can travel between the two of them at will.
---
#105 Posted: 22:13:51 14/11/2013
So in other words, you are saying that he can travel between Hyrule and Lorule because he has no opposite... that could be a good theory, but we will have to wait for the game to see.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#106 Posted: 22:18:48 14/11/2013
There is always the theory that he has a opposite which is hidden until the near end of the game...Yuga maybe? It never says he is Ganons opposite...

(Yes, just like Ni No Kuni)
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#107 Posted: 22:32:21 14/11/2013
Well, that would be quite a surprising revelation. Oh but Yuga is so similar to Ganondorf in terms of design, but I suppose that's out of the question. It's just a design that the creators wanted. And Ni No Kuni, I wanted to play that game so badly, but it never got a DS release. Lame. And I am not going to buy a console for one game only. Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore.
---
#108 Posted: 22:52:23 14/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
"Link"
"A Link Between Worlds"

Link has no opposite. He is the Link between the two worlds - as such, he can travel between the two of them at will.

Then please explain the statue of Link that Link creates when he plays the Song of Healing in Majora's Mask when in human form.
Termina is a parallel dimension to Hyrule, and many familiar faces from Hyrule showed up there.
Obviously Link didn't exactly have a counterpart in Termina, but that statue could easily be his counterpart, or what his counterpart would look like if he did actually appear in the game.

Besides, Dark Link is just that, Link's opposite. Link is good, Dark Link is bad.
It is easily possible that Lorule has it's own equivalent of Link, just as Termina appears to have had.

Also, it appears that Yuga can also travel between the two worlds at will, so Link isn't the only one capable of it either.
May I also point out that the Happy Mask Salesman was also capable of travailing between Hyrule and Termina, as were the Skull Kid and the faeries that were with him.
I would assume that the same can be said about A Link Between Worlds. Link is indeed a link between the two worlds, but he isn't the only one who can travel between them at will.

I've also noticed that people have been speculating that Lorule is actually Termina, which, though an interesting theory, I highly doubt, but it is possible.
---

#YangGang
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:10:45 14/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#109 Posted: 23:12:36 14/11/2013
Hmm... now you kept me thinking. Link does have an opposite, who is Dark Link, but does he has a counterpart? I believe we are confusing the two words. Hilda is Zelda's counterpart in a world that is just like Hyrule, but in another dimension. And Hilda is not evil (as far as we know). And that Termina counterpart is really good... it is possible. Remember that it was stated that A Link Between Worlds has a connection to Majora's Mask. That theory probably isn't, but anything's possible. Didn't anyone saw Majora's mask in the trailer? It's somewhere on the first 20 seconds of the video. It's there! smilie
---
#110 Posted: 23:23:42 14/11/2013
Shadow Link isn't really an opposite - in Zelda II, Shadow Link has no personality, he's just a soulless figure that resembles Link and shares his fighting style.

Quote:
he isn't the only one who can travel between them at will.

Re-read my post. I merely stated that Link can travel between Hyrule and Lorule at will. I never stated he was the only one who could.

I refer to Link as the link between the two worlds as he is actively trying to protect both. He basically maintains the balance between the two. Yuga disrupts this balance.

Quote:
Then please explain the statue of Link that Link creates when he plays the Song of Healing in Majora's Mask when in human form.

Again, like Shadow Link, this statue has no personality. It's just a statue. A creepy looking one (I have no idea what inspired that face), but it's still just a statue.
---
#111 Posted: 23:27:52 14/11/2013 | Topic Creator
@sonicbrawler - Alright, I guess you have some good points.

Hmm... Now you've kept me thinking. Link does have an opposite, who is Dark Link, but does he have a counterpart? I believe we are confusing the two words. Hilda is Zelda's counterpart in a world that is just like Hyrule, but in another dimension. And Hilda is not evil (as far as we know). And that Termina counterpart is really good... It is possible. Remember that it was stated that A Link Between Worlds has a connection to Majora's Mask. That theory probably isn't, but anything's possible. Didn't anyone see Majora's Mask in the trailer? It's somewhere on the first 20 seconds of the video. It's there! smilie

Well, if Zelda has a Lorule counterpart (Hilda), then why not Link?
And like you've pointed out before, Yuga has many similarities to Ganondorf, so what if he is Lorule's counterpart to Ganondorf?
If both Zelda and Ganondorf have a counterpart in Lorule, wouldn't it be strange if Link didn't?
I'm just saying that there is still a possibility that he may have some form of Lorule counterpart, be it Dark Link, or just a different Link entirely.

Also, you may not have noticed, but Yuga said something along the lines of "Her Grace will be most pleased" after he turned the girl into a painting.
This leads me to wonder if he is serving under a woman and not Ganon, or maybe the woman he is serving is in turn serving Ganon.
The first person(s) that came to my mind was Twinrova, but some people believe that it might actually be Hilda. An interesting theory, either way.

And, yes, I have known about Majora's Mask being in Ravio's shop for a while now.
Some people think it's just an easter egg, but others have theories about it. This is where the Termina theory emerged.
Some people believe that Ravio is actually the Happy Mask Salesman is disguise.
He has Majora's Mask after all and he also allows you to rent items, just like the Happy Mask Salesman did with mask in Ocarina of Time.
He also appears to have a similar personality.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:55 14/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#112 Posted: 23:39:13 14/11/2013
This is very complicated to put together... but what isn't in the Zelda games smilie
But anyway, what sonicbrawler182 states seems very accurate, so what can we conclude? That Shadow Link and the stature of Link in Majora's Mask are just soulless creations that have certain purposes in their respective games. So Link in A Link Between Worlds doesn't have a Lorule counterpart, which is why he must be the destined hero of not one, but the two worlds in order to restore the balance Yuga has disrupted. So that's it, either he and possibly others don't have Lorule counterparts... or probably he use to have one that currently doesn't exist.

And hey, one thing that I remembered, the statues that Link creates in Majora's Mask are just essences of him and the others that turned into the masks, and all the song do is bring that essence out and make them solid. Ok, so the statues are not counterparts, only essences. But what about Fierce Deity Link? He looks a lot like an adult Link, and many believe that he use to be Link's Terminan counterpart before sealed away in a mask and practically ceased to exist. So it is possible that Link did have a Lorule counterpart that simply isn't living in that time in particular?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:21 14/11/2013 by Felines
#113 Posted: 23:48:41 14/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I really don't know to be honest, but I don't think we can truly rule out a Lorule counterpart just yet, even if there might be counterpoints to the idea.
---

#YangGang
#114 Posted: 23:53:23 14/11/2013
To clarify, I'm not denying the existence of a Lorule Link, just that I don't see Shadow Link as that.

Also, while I stand by what I'm saying here, Sess would likely know a ton more about Zelda than I do. :V
---
#115 Posted: 00:23:45 15/11/2013
Let's wait until next week to confirm all of our theories smilie
---
#116 Posted: 00:51:25 15/11/2013 | Topic Creator
To clarify, I'm not denying the existence of a Lorule Link, just that I don't see Shadow Link as that.

Also, while I stand by what I'm saying here, Sess would likely know a ton more about Zelda than I do. :V

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

You never know~ I am wrong about some things related to Zelda quite often actually. lol

Let's wait until next week to confirm all of our theories. smilie

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, but it's always fun to theorize until the game is released. smilie
---

#YangGang
#117 Posted: 01:26:00 15/11/2013
^What's the use? Even with games released a long time ago and we still create theories to explain something. Wouldn't surprise me if this game raises more questions than answers. Zeda games work that way, if you know what I mean smilie
---
#118 Posted: 13:41:47 15/11/2013
Quote:
You never know~ I am wrong about some things related to Zelda quite often actually. lol

Thing is, Wind Waker HD will be the first 3D Zelda I even come close to completing. :V
---
#119 Posted: 18:13:56 15/11/2013
These are all extremely good points, but I still stand by my theory that Yuga is Link's counterpart.
---
nyeheheheheh

#120 Posted: 20:55:28 15/11/2013
...Only one thing for me to say; you must really love Ni No Kuni smilie
---
#121 Posted: 01:31:59 16/11/2013
1) I do. It is one of my most favorite games, and yes up in the big leagues with Banjo-Kazooie, Pokemon X/Y, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and even Super Mario 3D Land.
2) It earns its place very well, I would say more but I dun wanna get too off topic
3) Honestly, ALBW reminds me of Ni no Kuni very much.
If [User Posted Image] and [User Posted Image] can be counterparts why not Link and Yuga?
4) Solution to your problem about Ni No Kuni: Get a PS4, you will be able to play all the new games AND Ni No Kuni which goes around for a good 20 smackeroos now.
---
nyeheheheheh

#122 Posted: 04:00:50 16/11/2013
Hmm... I want to wait a little more and see if there is still a chance for the game to be released in 3DS at least, or any other console I have for that matter. I want to play that game, especially since it's a Level 5 game with Studio Ghibli animations. Now what a combination. I love plenty of the Ghibli films, and love Level 5 so much after playing those masterpieces they got as Professor Layton smilie
It's really interested the similar theory you put in A Link Between World, but I somehow doubt that will be the case as well.

...And I think we are getting a little off topic here. I suggest that if you want to continue this conversation, we should do it through the guestbook or PMs.
---
#123 Posted: 17:31:02 16/11/2013
Yeah, No more Ni-No-Kuni discussion!

I think that Ravio looks stupid
---
nyeheheheheh

#124 Posted: 17:49:36 16/11/2013
Not stupid, just plain weird. I wonder who came up with that character.
---
#125 Posted: 18:37:40 16/11/2013
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

The Ravio Mystery Solved.
---
nyeheheheheh

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:08:39 19/11/2013 by hardcoreignitor
#126 Posted: 21:29:11 19/11/2013
.........Well.....Majora's Mask just got even more depressing.....

---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#127 Posted: 23:07:48 19/11/2013
OMG I just watched that yesterday! Hahaha x3 Small world.
---
Wow
Such signature
#128 Posted: 23:08:54 19/11/2013
Me too! I love Game Theory!
---
nyeheheheheh

#129 Posted: 01:30:49 20/11/2013
...I don't know. I am reluctant of watching that video smilie
---
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#130 Posted: 01:53:42 20/11/2013
Don't be reluctant. It's not scary at all smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#131 Posted: 02:41:17 20/11/2013
Oh no, it's not that at all. It's just that I don't like fan-made theories.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5785
#132 Posted: 16:29:51 20/11/2013
Okay, that was a really good episode of Game Theory and it's totes my new headcanon.
#133 Posted: 20:10:56 20/11/2013
And I haven't even played through Majora's Mask yet. :V
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5785
#134 Posted: 20:38:52 20/11/2013
Nor I, but now I want to. :D
#135 Posted: 22:16:44 20/11/2013
I've pretty much decided to resist until they decide to make a 3DS remake. I have confidence that they will.

And I'm busy with Wind Waker HD right now anyway, and it's brilliant. smilie
---
#136 Posted: 22:23:46 20/11/2013 | Topic Creator
That theory actually makes a lot of sense, at least in my opinion.
Though it makes the game more depressing for me, it also makes me love it even more, even if this is only just a theory.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:42 20/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#137 Posted: 22:47:14 20/11/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
That theory actually makes a lot of sense, at least in my opinion.
Though it makes the game more depressing for me, it also makes me love it even more, even if this is only just a theory.

A GAME THEOR- *shot*

But yes, I personally am going with this theory. It just fits all too well. I don't doubt that it's intentional.
---
#138 Posted: 01:06:41 21/11/2013
I've pretty much decided to resist until they decide to make a 3DS remake. I have confidence that they will.

Well, many people have been demanding a remake, or at least a re-release. I also believe they will do it eventually. Who knows if it's already in the works. You know how Nintendo likes to keep it's fans on the shadows to increase the tension.
But anyway, the point is that, if they remake or re-release this game, many people will have the chance to try it. I have to admit that the game looked creepy, so I didn't want to play it, but since it came with Collector's Edition, I decided to give it a try, and ended up loving it smilie
---
#139 Posted: 01:48:02 21/11/2013
Just got enough to buy ALBW! smilie Will be picking it up after school on Friday at BestBuy smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#140 Posted: 14:53:45 21/11/2013

Well, many people have been demanding a remake, or at least a re-release. I also believe they will do it eventually. Who knows if it's already in the works. You know how Nintendo likes to keep it's fans on the shadows to increase the tension.
But anyway, the point is that, if they remake or re-release this game, many people will have the chance to try it. I have to admit that the game looked creepy, so I didn't want to play it, but since it came with Collector's Edition, I decided to give it a try, and ended up loving it smilie

Nintendo has gone on record saying that they would strongly consider Majora's Mask 3D if Ocarina of Time 3D did well (which it did), and it would be after they finish the new 3DS Zelda game (which is now finished).
---
#141 Posted: 00:27:02 22/11/2013
So I suppose, that now that A Link Between Worlds is nearly released, then the next game released would be a Majora's Mask remake. Now that would be the perfect game to reduce the gap of the new Wii U Zelda. That way, many people who were skeptical about it might give it a chance, like I hope happened to The Wind Waker.
---
Rendar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4790
#142 Posted: 01:10:14 23/11/2013
I picked this up today. Fantastic game so far!!!! Majora's Mask is actually in Link's house, not just a random shop.
#143 Posted: 22:44:01 23/11/2013
Speaking of Majora's Mask, Game Theory made it seem EVEN MORE depressing:

---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8725
#144 Posted: 03:13:36 24/11/2013
NOBODY EXPECTS HIR IN A ZELDA THREAD. *brick'd*

Just a random tidbit, but Yuga's battle theme is like the ultimate internet troll anthem in all video gaming. Ghirahim's theme was classy (and creepy). Yuga's is hilarious in the best way possible. I'm kind of worried about future Zelda games trying to bring back Ganondorf, because the recent games have had interesting villains and I feel like Ganondorf would suddenly seem pretty bland compared to them. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#145 Posted: 06:32:01 24/11/2013
Already beat 7 dungeons (in the order I chose to go in)
---
words. letters. filler.
#146 Posted: 17:41:49 24/11/2013
WOW, seven dungeons in just a few days. I believe you haven't done anything but play the game these days. The game must be good then, but remember that playing too much time isn't healthy.

Quote: Rendar
I picked this up today. Fantastic game so far!!!! Majora's Mask is actually in Link's house, not just a random shop.

I haven't play the game yet. There was an emergency yesterday and I couldn't buy it, but today, I hope to get it. Though I am aware that Ravio's shop isn't his own, it's actually Link's house. So Ravio was just some wondering merchant that just entered Link's house and made it his shop? If that's the case, he should give Link some big discounts for letting him use his house as a shop smilie
---
#147 Posted: 18:25:36 24/11/2013
Quote:
The game must be good then, but remember that playing too much time isn't healthy.

I live life on the edge. smilie
---
#148 Posted: 18:36:15 24/11/2013
^Oh well, it's your decision and life, I shouldn't be meddling. But still, be careful.
---
#149 Posted: 18:53:07 24/11/2013
So where does this game fall in the Timeline?
---
nyeheheheheh

#150 Posted: 19:00:49 24/11/2013
It's in the Downfall timeline, six generations after A Link to the Past.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me