Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
First | Previous | Page 29 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2747
#1401 Posted: 20:18:36 15/06/2017
I suppose, but again I never played Starfox and I didn't know Falco's personality.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1402 Posted: 21:36:47 15/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

but dude

Hell, even their personalities are similar and they both consider the main protagonist their "rival". (Fox for Falco and Link for Revali)

[User Posted Image]

#1403 Posted: 04:33:22 19/06/2017
I finally beat the game and I kinda agree with Super Bunnyhop TBH. This game feels unmatched while you're still learning about everything in the world and there's stuff you're still seeing for the first time, but at some point the only real stuff left to do is grind for sidequests or armor upgrades. And the rewards for everything, honestly not just shrines, feels kind of lame and doesn't justify the fetch questing. I mean I just finished the compendium, and I was doing it for the fun of it (and it was fun to me) and not expecting an epic reward, but pretty much all I got for it in the end was a certificate of authenticity. And I know killing all the Taluses and Hinoxes will be the same. I also admit the grinding actually isn't that bad, in that I don't think there's anything you have to grind for hours at a time for, but it's still there and just shatters the immersion at times and sadly seems to make up a lot of the postgame. There are still some shrines left for me to find but at 105 discovered and done now, I'm having trouble finding any more on the map and it seems like most of the ones I haven't done yet are tied to quests. Also the combat still doesn't quite feel fun enough somehow idk, maybe it's just because there are so few enemies and I feel like I've seen everything they do at this point so I don't feel like using weapons on them when the only thing I need that they could drop are more weapons.

Anyways 9/10, it really does a lot of things better than any other game I've seen but does unfortunately succumb to some problems of the genre and lose its lustre in postgame. Also has a very lacklustre story. Nothing that ruins the game as a whole, but still noticeable problems that hold it back a bit and will make it less fun to revisit. The DLC should help though. We'll see if it really feels that different, but hopefully at least it has more interesting sidequests. And I actually wanted them to make a prequel focusing on the Champions if they made an MM-style sequel, so I'm pretty happy that apparently that is what DLC Pack 2 will be.

FTR, if you're wondering what a 10/10 game would be to me, I'd probably give both Mario Galaxies a 10 (or at least SMG2, SMG may get a bonus point because nostalgia and I admit it's on the easy side and SMG2 had better difficulty balance), and SWAP Force would be one if not for the toy gimmick (which stops it from being accessible, even though I think the game is fantastic and personally worth that price to me). But I haven't played any of those in a while and this topic isn't about that anyway.
---
Quote: dark52
Error: You
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:50:35 19/06/2017 by Drawdler
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#1404 Posted: 08:32:25 19/06/2017
I'm like 98.6563% sure that Revali is an intentional reference to Falco.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
#1405 Posted: 10:14:23 19/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
I finally beat the game and I kinda agree with Super Bunnyhop TBH. This game feels unmatched while you're still learning about everything in the world and there's stuff you're still seeing for the first time, but at some point the only real stuff left to do is grind for sidequests or armor upgrades. And the rewards for everything, honestly not just shrines, feels kind of lame and doesn't justify the fetch questing. I mean I just finished the compendium, and I was doing it for the fun of it (and it was fun to me) and not expecting an epic reward, but pretty much all I got for it in the end was a certificate of authenticity. And I know killing all the Taluses and Hinoxes will be the same. I also admit the grinding actually isn't that bad, in that I don't think there's anything you have to grind for hours at a time for, but it's still there and just shatters the immersion at times and sadly seems to make up a lot of the postgame. There are still some shrines left for me to find but at 105 discovered and done now, I'm having trouble finding any more on the map and it seems like most of the ones I haven't done yet are tied to quests. Also the combat still doesn't quite feel fun enough somehow idk, maybe it's just because there are so few enemies and I feel like I've seen everything they do at this point so I don't feel like using weapons on them when the only thing I need that they could drop are more weapons.

Anyways 9/10, it really does a lot of things better than any other game I've seen but does unfortunately succumb to some problems of the genre and lose its lustre in postgame. Also has a very lacklustre story. Nothing that ruins the game as a whole, but still noticeable problems that hold it back a bit and will make it less fun to revisit. The DLC should help though. We'll see if it really feels that different, but hopefully at least it has more interesting sidequests. And I actually wanted them to make a prequel focusing on the Champions if they made an MM-style sequel, so I'm pretty happy that apparently that is what DLC Pack 2 will be.

FTR, if you're wondering what a 10/10 game would be to me, I'd probably give both Mario Galaxies a 10 (or at least SMG2, SMG may get a bonus point because nostalgia and I admit it's on the easy side and SMG2 had better difficulty balance), and SWAP Force would be one if not for the toy gimmick (which stops it from being accessible, even though I think the game is fantastic and personally worth that price to me). But I haven't played any of those in a while and this topic isn't about that anyway.

Now get all the Koroks
---
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2889
#1406 Posted: 10:33:38 19/06/2017
And then burn them? Sure. :^)
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#1407 Posted: 15:47:04 19/06/2017
I think I mightve gotten every but all of the korok seeds. Im only at about 500 since I only collect the ones I find exploring the very small areas of Hyrule I havent been to. Im just really waiting on Master mode and the Trial of the Sword to jumpstart some more action.

Random question I just thought of, where do you think you'll place the travel medallion? I know theres a shrine right by it, but i think Im putting mine right by my bed in hateno village. If it can even be placed indoors.

Where could that chest containing it be? I feel its either Hyrule Castle, Korok Forest, one of the Ancient Tech Labs, or maybe even in Tarrey Town as a reward for doing the quest. (I kinda doubt the last one, but I think Ill put it down there too at some point)
#1408 Posted: 21:51:53 19/06/2017
Maybe the snow-bowling place?
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1409 Posted: 04:56:28 22/06/2017
That island shrine challenge whatever can kiss ass. Its one of the most frustrating things I stumbled upon.
#1410 Posted: 05:00:15 22/06/2017
FINALLY I'm DONE with the stupid mounted archery. Got every outfit and horse gear now, besides amiibo stuff, which I'm unsure wether to include.
---
#1411 Posted: 05:47:35 22/06/2017
Oh my god I hated the mounted archery challenge it was the worst. I kept running through both Great Eagle and Ancient Bows trying to shoot the targets from super far away

Eventide is seen as one of the best shrine quests, but I agree with you bryman, I struggled to do it multiple times. Even with the whole, "drop your weapons on the shore trick" Whenever I did that the game would retaliate making it thunder forever so I couldnt use the metal weapons. The Hinox orb in particular was the hardest part of the island for me.

I guess Im going to have a lot of fun struggling through the trial of the sword.

Btw, DLC Pack 1 comes out next friday! Thats so much sooner than I expected
#1412 Posted: 05:52:24 22/06/2017
TBH, I went through that Korok sword trial without fighting any enemies. It's not that hard imo.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5088
#1413 Posted: 05:56:21 22/06/2017
I thought Eventide was a whole lot of fun, I'm super excited for the Trial of the Sword.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1414 Posted: 06:03:17 22/06/2017
WHOOPS I thought you guys were talking about the one where you have to use the Korok set. Yeah that new mode looks awesome, hoping it'll make the game feel fresh again.
---
#1415 Posted: 06:04:44 22/06/2017
The trial where you had to use the wooden weapons I legitimately just revali's gale'd my way to the shrine. I didnt even touch the enemies
#1416 Posted: 06:28:42 22/06/2017
You know what I legitimately hated? the challenge where you had to follow the Korok without being noticed. Not only does Oaki blend in with the grass so it's hard to see him, but it takes so damn long and getting noticed makes you have to do it all ****ing over again. Also I had to ****ing succeed twice because apparently if you don't talk to Oaki after doing it it doesn't register as you having completed the ****ing trial, so the quest stays there in your quest guide.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1417 Posted: 09:21:23 22/06/2017
Thats definitely up there for me on the list of worst shrine quests

I personally really hated the one with the blood moon. It was one of the last ones I had to do and I couldnt get a blood moon to happen. When I noticed there was a blood moon going on i was too late in getting to the dias.

Also the one right in front of the gerudo tower was really confusing since the wording made me think I needed to be on the tower shooting the sky when I really needed to be on the dias shooting the tower

There are dozens of shrines I know were just torture for me, what about you guys?
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#1418 Posted: 16:53:34 22/06/2017
I fricking hated the Oaki quest. Though Eventide island wasn't that bad for me. I had the same issue of lightning spawning during the Hinox fight, but I used it to my advantage by laying a metal weapon the ground, luring the Hinox over to it, and get the lightning to strike the Hinox. smilie

I didn't really like the Thyphlo Ruins shrine, mostly because it just seemed like a repeat of the Korok forest.

I loved the shrines at the springs though, especially the Spring of Wisdom where you had to free Naydra from the dark matter. I thought that was pretty epic.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#1419 Posted: 18:48:25 22/06/2017
The Naydra fight was definitely my favorite shrine quest for sure. It was such a cool thing that honestly made the other dragons seem kinda lackluster in comparison.

Side note, I think Farosh has way more places to spawn than Dinraal or Naydra. It seems kinda unfair how Dinraal gets Tanagar Canyon, Naydra only gets just around Mt Lanayru and Farosh shows up in Lake Hylia, deep in Faron, and also in the Gerudo Highlands. I think the dragons had so much potential to be really awesome but Naydra is really the only one that has anything special.

The Thyphlo Ruins scared the crap out of me when I first saw them. I took one step into the darkness then I just said nope and turned around. It was one of the last few shrines I had to do. I did it using the torches pointing to the shrine, but eventually I found out that the shrine is basically right in front of you if you come in from the dock.

Backtracking a bit I feel like the Springs were also kind of lackluster. I think they couldve just been really cool things that happened to have a shrine near them, not necessarily ANOTHER shrine quest.

Actually that's one of my problems with the game. Anything that looks cool or interesting just ends up being either a shrine or a korok. When I first came across that symbol on the wall in the Gerudo Highlands I thought it looked super interesting but it was literally just a shrine quest.
#1420 Posted: 19:31:30 22/06/2017
Oh yeah, the Thyphlo ruins. I mostly just remember the Hinox. I have a good way to beat them.

1.Go on top of a higher platform
2. Throw a bomb
3. Wait until it's next to it
4. Detonate
5. Repeat until it dies

Since it was in a cave I just ran around a rock, occasionally dropping bombs.
---
#1421 Posted: 00:25:35 23/06/2017
Thought of another shrine I really liked. The shrines atop the Dueling Peaks. I think it'd be awesome if more Shrines involved something that was going on outside of the shrine. The shrines atop the Dueling Peaks were great even though I had to refer to the book for how to do it.
#1422 Posted: 10:40:04 23/06/2017
Oh yeah, those where great. Going from one to the other to figure things out was reat for me.
---
#1423 Posted: 02:03:26 24/06/2017
Dont know why I felt like trying this out, but I can confirm its possible to get to Zoras Domain in the rain using cryonis to go up the river. I guess I spontaneously felt like doing that
#1424 Posted: 02:07:38 24/06/2017
That is how I first got to Eventide when I couldn't find a boat.

I didn't search very hard.
---
#1425 Posted: 02:14:46 24/06/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Lmao you can just jump off a cliff and paraglide there
---
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1426 Posted: 02:39:08 24/06/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Lmao you can just jump off a cliff and paraglide there

Yeah but you need high stamina or lots of stamina restoring items :/
---
words. letters. filler.
#1427 Posted: 02:40:13 24/06/2017
Idk dude I had full stamina already when I went to attempt it so I was golden
---
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#1428 Posted: 05:07:14 24/06/2017
I dunno about anyone else, but I am quite excited about the hard mode. I have no idea why, but the thought of starting a new save file, back at the very beginning where I had nothing, with the difficulty raised substantially just sounds like an incredibly fun challenge to me.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6752
#1429 Posted: 11:56:13 24/06/2017
It's really easy to forget how cheap Cryonis is, even if slow. With the boat exploit though, it's more fun to just zoom along the coast and randomly crash into the island.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6008
#1430 Posted: 19:52:08 24/06/2017 | Topic Creator

link's a fast boi™
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
#1431 Posted: 01:38:32 26/06/2017
Dunno where this would go, so I'm putting it here.

I've got this idea for a new character that could be added into Breath of the Wild that could potentially add a whole bunch of stuff. The story and such is long and complicated, but at the moment I really need a name for this character.

He's a male Gerudo that may or may not be an incarnation of Calamity Ganon. I really want his name to be a reference to Demise, but all the synonyms I think of are either really long or aren't really noticeable references. In case you haven't gotten it, he's essentially this game's Ganondorf.

So yeah, I'll take any suggestions for a name. Preferably a reference to Demise or even Ganondorf so it's clear to older players that that's who he's supposed to be.

Like I said, the story is kinda long and complicated, but I would be willing to post it here if enough of you were interested in hearing it. Here's a very short list of what he'd add:

Boss battles before the Divine Beasts as a way to prepare Link
A really cool final boss fight
A really cool second phase of the final boss fight involving the Divine Beasts and Dark Beast Ganon (in a form similar to his final form in Ocarina)
A proper post game that would allow Hyrule Castle to be repaired, but also allow for Blood Moons to happen and for Guardians to still attack Link
Random boss battles with him whenever there's a Blood Moon (You can choose to start the battle)
The ability to re do the Divine Beasts by essentially recalling the memories (I'm working on what happens if you get a chest you didn't before you completed it) (The Dungeon recalls would be similar to the sorta Boss Rush at the end of Wind Waker)
A boatload of lore surrounding him (I've already designed his backstory for the most part)

Actually I just noticed I haven't thought of what happens with Zelda in the postgame. But this idea is still a work in progress
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:37 26/06/2017 by isaac343018s
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5200
#1432 Posted: 01:41:03 26/06/2017
Don't forget, when a male Gerudo is born, he is destined to become King of The Gerudo.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#1433 Posted: 03:27:05 26/06/2017
Well lets just say the Gerudo in Gerudo Town dont know of his existence
#1434 Posted: 03:34:56 26/06/2017
Or you could just say they don't bother with that tradition anymore
---
#1435 Posted: 05:58:43 26/06/2017
Breath of the Wild is all about straying from Zelda norms, so I could just do that, but Gerudo Town genuinely doesnt know of his existence since he was born super far away. In Castle Town actually.

Prior to the Calamity of course.

Quick question, is there a numerical age Gerudo live up to? Riju writes about how her mother (Urbosa) just died so shes at least 100 years old, and yet she's still super young
#1436 Posted: 07:45:13 28/06/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
Breath of the Wild is all about straying from Zelda norms, so I could just do that, but Gerudo Town genuinely doesnt know of his existence since he was born super far away. In Castle Town actually.

Prior to the Calamity of course.

Quick question, is there a numerical age Gerudo live up to? Riju writes about how her mother (Urbosa) just died so shes at least 100 years old, and yet she's still super young

Urbosa isn't her mother though, she's a descendant of Urbosa's blood line, but not her daughter.
---
words. letters. filler.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6752
#1437 Posted: 12:31:57 28/06/2017
Aside from Mipha, Urbosa seems to be the least generations apart from the current ruler. Riju talks like it's her great-grandmother at the most; while the Gorons and Rito barely know about theirs.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#1438 Posted: 16:34:25 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
The Gerudo, as far as I am aware, can live for far longer than the average human/Hylian.
The Twinrova sisters were able to live to be around 400 years old each, but that might have been because of their usage of dark magic. Even then it seems like Gerudos age slower than regular humans/Hylians. (Not to the extent that the Zoras do, however)
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:54 28/06/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#1439 Posted: 16:37:12 28/06/2017
But at the end of her diary Riju says, "Mother... Lady Urbosa..." how could she not be referring directly to her? Am I misunderstanding the phrasing?
#1440 Posted: 16:39:25 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
That could mean that she lost both her mother and Urbosa? I don't know the context, but that's what I'm getting from that small quote, since they're spaced out and she refers to Urbosa in a more formal manner.
---

#YangGang
#1441 Posted: 16:45:01 28/06/2017
Just went to find the diary, she talks about her mother a lot before the name drop. It stands to reason that Urbosa was the chief before her and Riju mentions the previous chief too.

"Mother... Lady Urbosa... Please give me your guidance..."

Yeah no, it seems to me that theyre directly related.
#1442 Posted: 16:46:28 28/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'm still getting a "these are separate people" vibe from that quote. She's asking the two of them for guidance. Her mother likely isn't named because she isn't important.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:20 28/06/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#1443 Posted: 19:56:48 29/06/2017
So apparently the DLC update is being released at 9 pm PST. Can't remember which of the MANY DLC related posts on Reddit it was, but apparently, there was some interview with Gamespot about it.
#1444 Posted: 21:00:31 29/06/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
Just went to find the diary, she talks about her mother a lot before the name drop. It stands to reason that Urbosa was the chief before her and Riju mentions the previous chief too.

"Mother... Lady Urbosa... Please give me your guidance..."

Yeah no, it seems to me that theyre directly related.

They're related with Riju being a descendant in Urbosa's blood line, but Riju isn't Urbosa's daughter lmfao.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1445 Posted: 23:19:43 29/06/2017
What's the first thing you all are doing when the DLC finally drops? I know Im going into radio silence to try to find all of the gear and the Travel Medallion without any outside help
#1446 Posted: 05:27:09 30/06/2017
guys the dlc is out
---
#1447 Posted: 05:33:52 30/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
guys the dlc is out

Dicks out for dlc
---
#1448 Posted: 05:41:50 30/06/2017
also "dlc" looks like dic
---
#1449 Posted: 20:55:39 30/06/2017
Here are my thoughts on stuff

The Trial of the Sword is pretty fun I admit. I thought I was going to hate it like I did Eventide but it's actually not too bad. I did the first set of rooms without dying actually.

The armor pieces all look really good in game (my favorite is the Phantom Armor) and the quests tied to them are pretty cool. I really hope we get more stuff and quests just like that in some other update. I liked the riddle-like nature of the quest descriptions.

The Korok Mask was a pain in the butt to find without outside help and even with a map pinpoint I still struggled to find which tree it was. Doesn't really matter all too much seeing as how I've gotten all the inventory slots anyway

And finally, Nightmare Mode. Oh wait, wrong game series. Actually no, it's basically a nightmare. The weapons you can get on the Great Plateau are the bare minimum requirements for damage and durability to get you through the bokoblins. I literally had to run around looking for tree branches because I straight up ran out of weapons to use. The black bokoblins can literally choke.

Also there's a Lynel on the Great Plateau. I have yet to run into any more newly added ones in the wild, but it's really cool how they added one of the toughest enemies in the game in what is supposed to be the easiest section.

At the moment I'm making my way out of Kakariko Village and heading to the Hateno tower.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the health regen makes defeating enemies with my weaker weapons nearly impossible. A group of Bokoblins will most definitely end up hitting me quite a few times. Is the enemies physics engine alright? I feel like Bokoblins in Nightmare Mode fly around a lot while just trying to punch me

The floating platforms are really cool, but I have yet to find any of them that have something other than a bokoblin and/or a treasure chest.

Overall, very cool stuff added. I'm already super hyped for DLC Pack 2. To end this, I leave you with one final point: Bokoblins in Nightmare Mode can go fall off a cliff.
#1450 Posted: 21:15:12 30/06/2017
Do you have to reset your save for hard mode?
---
First | Previous | Page 29 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me