Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
First | Previous | Page 26 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1251 Posted: 20:38:14 08/03/2017
Quote: MagicFizz
^ THAT IS KIND OF ADORABLE

its the best 20 bucks ive spent recently
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5042
#1252 Posted: 22:48:23 08/03/2017
I love bomb arrows <3
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#1253 Posted: 03:15:31 10/03/2017
https://mobile.twitter.com/GGC...7976962/video/1

Edit: Not mine, I just thought it was pretty cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:24:47 10/03/2017 by willster8
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#1254 Posted: 00:57:52 12/03/2017
Kinda spoilers:
how do you get Dark Link costume? I know Kolton and such but when I go to him he doesn't have it
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5851
#1255 Posted: 04:20:08 12/03/2017 | Topic Creator

Thought that this was quite interesting...
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#1256 Posted: 07:00:33 12/03/2017
Alright. I love this fricking game. Totally lived up to the hype.

Do not like the story though. Now I'm not far into it but so far it seems weak and simple. I was also highly, highly disappointed that

those epic cutscenes from the presentation trailer were all memories and not scenes from the actual main story.

I'm hoping it gets better. I like it more now than I did at the beginning of the game. Though I do not like how everything is just kind of thrown at you at once at times. Oh well. Breath of the Wild is still an excellent game that I will continue enjoying for a long time.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3720
#1257 Posted: 22:01:25 12/03/2017
So I beat
Calamity Ganon, and now that's it? The only save I have is right before him, and there's nothing different about the castle. So once you beat the final boss, you have to start all over? That's really ****ing stupid.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:17 13/03/2017 by mega spyro
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1258 Posted: 00:23:28 13/03/2017
Quote: mega spyro
So I beat
Calamity Ganon, and now that's it? The only save I have is right before him, and there's nothing different about the castle. So once you bet the final boss, you have to start all over? That's really ****ing stupid.

And now you wait for DLC.... Hooray! /s
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:43 13/03/2017 by Bryman04
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#1259 Posted: 05:38:46 13/03/2017
Yeah I did that today too, seems really lame in my opinion. Even though itd be wayy too op Id love the thing I got during that fight. It was really cool looking. Hoping thats a DLC weapon or something.

Speaking of DLC, does anyone see any more DLC after what theyve announced already? I could see maybe something coming in spring of next year as sort of a "thanks for playing this game for a year" kind of thing, but probably nothing more than that
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#1260 Posted: 07:55:39 13/03/2017
Quote: mega spyro
So I beat
Calamity Ganon, and now that's it? The only save I have is right before him, and there's nothing different about the castle. So once you bet the final boss, you have to start all over? That's really ****ing stupid.

you dont have to start over, i loaded the save so i could complete the game fully, which I'm close to considering I just finished beating all 120 shrines, although **** the korok seeds

it also recognizes you beating the game cuz whenever you save post ganon there's a star on your save file
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:58:53 13/03/2017 by Lunarz
#1261 Posted: 11:01:16 13/03/2017
Kewl. I get a yellow star sticker for beating the final boss. I dunno, just seems kinda lame. I wish they couldve done something bigger.

What happens if you beat ganon again? Another star? Is that the only reward for beating him? How many stars can you get on a save file? These are all things I would be willing to try if it didnt involve fighting ganon again to be quite honest.

Dunno why I dont feel like fighting him though, I had an ancient shield and would just deflect his guardian laser right back at him then attack with the savage lynel bow and the master sword. I dont think I used anything more than those 3 items during the entire fight. Of course the 50% of his health gone is a major boost too
#1262 Posted: 20:20:38 13/03/2017 | Topic Creator
You've never gotten anything all that special for beating a final boss in a Zelda game... so why are any of you surprised? lmao
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 5937
#1263 Posted: 21:09:56 13/03/2017
After reading and hearing about frame-rate troubles, stamina and weapons break after 6-8 hits, I would give Breath of the Wild a 7/10, maybe a 7.7/10. That's still good. I mean would give Final Fantasy XV an 8/10 despite its flaws. They're flawed but still great nonetheless and I would go back playing them over and over.

Too bad people used that time to instead dogpile on people who don't enjoy the game as much as they do, regardless of BotW having genuine flaws that wouldn't be fun.

[User Posted Image]
---
I'm that one person who loves a particularly underappreciated minor character in a terrible anime no one remembers.
#1264 Posted: 21:19:21 13/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I'd give it an 8.5 personally, as I still like MM, OOT, TP, and TWW more respectively.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:35 14/03/2017 by Sesshomaru75
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1265 Posted: 21:40:33 13/03/2017
Is that Jim Sterling?
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#1266 Posted: 00:24:21 14/03/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'd give it an 8.5 personally, as I still like MM, OOT, TWW, and TP more respectively.

TP over THIS is a little questionable buddy.

Whatever you do you boo <3
---
My life is complete.
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8666
#1267 Posted: 00:27:41 14/03/2017
I knew there were going to be some complains, but I've seen just a few of the spoilers and I'm surprised that is the source of most of the complaints. The Legend of Zelda has always done that. To my understanding BoTW did many things different, but some are bound to be the same. I think the complain is irrational and unnecessary.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1268 Posted: 00:47:33 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
TP over THIS is a little questionable buddy.

Whatever you do you boo <3

I personally like TP a little bit better, do you have problem with that?
TP is legitimately a good game, I don't get why you have such an irrational hate-boner towards it. It's much better than SS at the very least.

And, for clarification, I like SS, but it holds the player's hand too much for my taste and the motion controls really dragged it down for me most of the time.
Otherwise SS is a really good game, certainly not bad whatsoever like people such as Egoraptor suggest.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:04:16 14/03/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#1269 Posted: 01:10:20 14/03/2017
So, favorite outfit(s) for Link?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:20 14/03/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#1270 Posted: 01:18:55 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

So far I really like the Gerudo voe (Because I'm trash) and Stealth outfits.
---
#1271 Posted: 01:25:20 14/03/2017
I go with good ol' shirtless and boxer brief Link tbh. Feels the most casual.
---
#1272 Posted: 01:32:43 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I go with good ol' shirtless and boxer brief Link tbh. Feels the most casual.

That's hot too, ngl.
---
parisruelz12 Hunter Gems: 7017
#1273 Posted: 01:39:47 14/03/2017
i think twlight princess might be my second favorite zelda game, behind oot.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...in hd
#1274 Posted: 02:54:09 14/03/2017
You've never gotten anything all that special for beating a final boss in a Zelda game... so why are any of you surprised? lmao

Well in my defense I've only played through Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I didn't know that it was just a common thing in the series. Besides, BotW is supposed to shake up the formula. The dungeon count is a good example, so why couldn't giving us that last thing be another example of that?

I don't mean to come off as hostile just fyi... I'm reading over this and I sound really salty for some reason [/off topic]
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#1275 Posted: 03:02:02 14/03/2017
I'd have to say Twilight Princess is probably tied with Wind Waker as my favorite in the series. I can't really decide which one I like more.

On the topic of Breath of the Wild, I'm waiting for the price of the Wii U version to go down a little before I consider getting it, since I'm honestly still not sure if I'd like the game that much.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#1276 Posted: 10:31:09 14/03/2017

So far I really like the Gerudo voe (Because I'm trash) and Stealth outfits.

wtf hate-boner? I never said TP was bad smilie Every Zelda game is good in some regard. Let me just keep my opinions to myself in order to avoid a potential flame war or something ^.^
---
My life is complete.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#1277 Posted: 11:47:43 14/03/2017

I love the Rito outfit
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#1278 Posted: 17:41:47 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
wtf hate-boner? I never said TP was bad smilie Every Zelda game is good in some regard. Let me just keep my opinions to myself in order to avoid a potential flame war or something ^.^

You acted like I was an alien for liking TP over TWW last time, so it seems like you have something wrong with me liking TP as much as I do. (Or with TP in general)

You're free to have your opinion and express it, just don't be a jerk about it.
My opinion just happens to be that I like TP over TWW and BOTW. I really don't understand how that's strange at all?

If you want me to clarify why I like TP so much:
The story is one of my favorites
TP has my favorite design for Link
Midna's one of my favorite "sidekicks"
Zant's one of my favorite villains (Even if he does end up getting cucked)
The characters in general are some of the most memorable for me
TP's soundtrack is really good (It's my second favorite in the series, surpassed only by MM)
The dungeons are really good (Some of my favorite in the series)
The bosses (Including the final bosses) are some of my favorites in the series
The art style is personally my favorite in the series (Although I will admit that the original game hasn't aged all that well)
While the game is quite linear, it doesn't hold the player's hand nearly as much as SS, and is a lot easier to pick up and play than BOTW
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:49:33 14/03/2017 by Sesshomaru75
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6598
#1279 Posted: 23:50:09 14/03/2017
He recovered for 100 years, yet he wasn't the Hero of Time.

He glided above great fires and giant towers to strike at his foes, yet he wasn't the Hero of Winds.

He survived countless Blood Moons(if you're not speedrunning), yet he wasn't the Hero of Twilight.

but you date one fish...

Then again if the fandom and Sidon are any indication, that's a *good* thing
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#1280 Posted: 23:51:42 14/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I love Sidon~ <3
---
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6598
#1281 Posted: 23:53:18 14/03/2017
I mean, there's Link, the other Champions, Sidon, Kass, Link's notorious costume. There are waifus and husbandos for everyone.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1282 Posted: 00:41:06 15/03/2017
still haven't quite finished the story yet. I'm mostly just screwing around and using the amiibo for food bc im trash.

i **** you not, i managed to para glide into the final boss. got my ass handed to me multiple times so i just left and decided to come back later.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1283 Posted: 02:36:59 15/03/2017
Quote: Bryman04
Is that Jim Sterling?

Late but yes. He gave the game a 7/10, which bumped BotW's Metacritic score down to 97.

Fanboys have responded with DDoS attacks to his site, several threats, and demands to Metacritic to remove his review. His review isn't even the lowest for the game on the site anymore (two other critics gave it a 6).

Quote: Spellslamzer75
On the topic of Breath of the Wild, I'm waiting for the price of the Wii U version to go down a little before I consider getting it, since I'm honestly still not sure if I'd like the game that much.

Chances are the price will only go up, as the Wii U version of the game will have a GC Twilight Princess effect. At best it'll reach $50 during the holidays.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:25 15/03/2017 by CAV
#1284 Posted: 02:58:41 15/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Wow, a critic gave a lesser review for a game I already like! My life is ruined and the game is ruined! /s

Seriously, a seven isn't bad and it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the game.
It's still got really high ratings for the most part anyways, so I don't see why people are complaining.
I mean, I disagree with the rating myself, but I'm not upset about it and it certainly isn't worth threatening people over.
---
#1285 Posted: 03:07:16 15/03/2017
Seriously, just look at this thread on r/nintendo about a Polygon article talking about the review. Even people who are trying to defend Sterling are claiming that his score is a ridiculous bid for attention and clickbait.

Even though his website doesn't have ads and the only videos on his channel that have ads are ones that were content ID'd by companies like Nintendo for featuring mere seconds of a Nintendo game. The dude doesn't profit from giving the game a 7 any more than he would if he gave it a 10 or a 2. Any money he gets is from Patreon, and I highly doubt an angry fan clicking on his website to see his review is suddenly gonna drop a dollar into his jar.

People who claim he's trying to gain attention and profit don't know anything about the guy and as someone who's been a fan of his for years, this isn't unlike him at all and he put out a well thought out review on the quirks of the game that he didn't like (such as weapon durability).

Disclaimer: I myself haven't played the game yet. I want to go through the rest of the Zelda backlog before I do.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:29 15/03/2017 by CAV
#1286 Posted: 03:09:47 15/03/2017
Wow, a critic gave a lesser review for a game I already like! My life is ruined and the game is ruined! /s

Seriously, a seven isn't bad and it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the game.
It's still got really high ratings for the most part anyways, so I don't see why people are complaining.
I mean, I disagree with the rating myself, but I'm not upset about it and it certainly isn't worth threatening people over.

And that is the reason why I hate most fandoms. It's great to love something and have personal favorites, but that doesn't mean you should start a war with the people who don't like it or say bad things about those stuff and do that person a word of bullying. I know of someone who stopped being friends with somebody he knew for a long time just because he didn't like a particular musical group. That's just outrageously stupid! Letting something material you love getting in the way of your own life smilie

Take me for example. I respect people's opinion, but of course, you have to try something first before giving it a final judgement. A friend of mine never gave The Wind Waker a chance due to the appearance alone. I lend him my game and I almost couldn't have it back! He really loved it. A friend of his didn't like the game either, without even trying it first. While he did watched some of his friend's gameplay, his view certainly improved. Not by much, but it did. The only thing that angers me is when people judge without trying. If they tried, and have many critiques, well, at least they have their opinions based on experience and not appearance.

I still haven't played Breath of the Wild, and I'll probably won't have it until my birthday, but even with that, I'm ready to accept it, and if it does have a few flaws, I'll simply overlook them if the game turns out to be as fun as most people say. Simple as that.
---
#1287 Posted: 03:16:48 15/03/2017
Seriously the game seems great in on itself and, from the bits I've seen and heard, is likely going to be my favorite Zelda game by mere virtue of being truly open world. I don't need validation from others. The high MC score is great from a statistics standpoint but I'm not gonna hang on it in the same way I'm not gonna hang on Nier's score going down to 88.

On that note, ever notice how in gaming a 7 is considered mediocre? Where did that train of thought ever come in when it doesn't show itself anywhere else? A 7/10 movie is considered a good popcorn flick to spend an afternoon with. A 7/10 TV show is about standard/slightly above average depending on the genre. And a 7/10 album is downright good if not bordering great (you don't often see albums on Metacritic with scores above 65 with how subjective music gets).

Gaming is the only form of media where a 7 can be considered a mediocre or even bad score, and an actual mediocre score like 5 is considered trash tier (No Man's Sky). Why is this? Is it because video games inherently cost a lot more than other forms of media?
---
#1288 Posted: 04:30:40 15/03/2017
Just ignore what people say about that rating. It's obvious that the one who gave that seven focused too much on the cons and practically ignored the pros, which I imagine are far more of them than the former. A seven is still a very great score, but I suppose people believe it weights more with a videogame than in TV, but I'm no certain if it is because of the prize. I'm really not surprised Breath of the Wild is going through this. With every Zelda game released, there is always a rating war. That's established by now. It's a too predictable pattern.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1289 Posted: 13:01:18 15/03/2017
When I get my Switch (if I ever CAN get one that is), this is definitely going to be my first Zelda game. And based on what I've heard, sounds like not a bad entry to start with.

And yes, I know I can just get it for the Wii U, but mine has memory issues and I'd rather not push it. That and I'm planning on getting the Switch anyway, so might as well just get it for that.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#1290 Posted: 13:31:44 15/03/2017
Quote: isaac343018s

Well in my defense I've only played through Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I didn't know that it was just a common thing in the series. Besides, BotW is supposed to shake up the formula. The dungeon count is a good example, so why couldn't giving us that last thing be another example of that?

I don't mean to come off as hostile just fyi... I'm reading over this and I sound really salty for some reason [/off topic]

im confused, what exactly did you want? cuz playing after the ending makes no sense and because you can't play after the ending, getting something like ganon's weapon wouldnt make sense cuz you wouldnt have technically beaten him cuz the save would be before ganon

also, ive beaten all the shrines and shrine quests and im 20 rushrooms away from beating all the side quests, i did the pictures, and i guess ill just focus on koroks and buying all the outfits
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#1291 Posted: 04:37:44 16/03/2017
I just sorta figured that the guardians and such could stay behind in hyrule castle but at least the Ganon fog would be gone.
And also the lasers from the divine beasts which to be honest have kinda ruined some really good landscape shots

I might be asking for way too much, but I just feel like there should be a sense of closure after you finish an open world game. Im speaking about the story, which in BotW is just okay, but my point still stands. I just want to feel like yeah, Im officially done with the story. Instead I feel like I beat ganon for nothing since hes still here and I didnt even get a nice reward.
If I recall correctly Wind Waker gave you a powerful item (yes I know its a 15 year old game, but it references what Im talking about) before the final boss, so you could leave the dungeon and play around with the most powerful weapon. If we had gotten that here, that would be enough for me.

As for Zelda and what it means to the story, I dunno, have her staying at the Temple of Time or some other iconic place. Maybe you can come across her walking around Hyrule to each of the divine beasts?

Totally unrelated, but I still wanted to bring it up
I LOVE the complete ending cutscene. The patch filled with Silent Princesses is so pretty
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#1292 Posted: 18:19:09 16/03/2017
I'm just here to say I'm gay for Urbosa.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1293 Posted: 18:40:07 16/03/2017
Quote: BlinktheCookie

So am I.
Except I'm a guy.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#1294 Posted: 03:54:01 17/03/2017
Here's how the Champions stand with me

Revali
Urbosa
Daruk
Mipha (not that I dislike her, but shes just the one I like the least by comparison)

Also, I think I figured out some interesting stuff about Blood Moons...

YOU CAN STOP THEM FROM HAPPENING!! Right around 11:45, teleport to a nearby shrine and enter. Wait for some currently unspecified amount of time (I need to do more testing, but just as long as you leave the shrine after a Blood Moon SHOULD have happened youre good.) Leave the shrine, and enjoy not having to kill that Guardian again. I discovered this while going Guardian hunting in Hyrule Field. (Unrelated note, the Bladesaw you can get from the Akkala Ancient Lab is great for imobilizing Guardian Stalkers.) Im assuming this could work in Hyrule Castle, but youd have to run to the shrine in the back in the Docks before the cutscene plays at midnight.

Another thing thats sorta related: Blood Moons want to happen. If you skip a Blood Moon using what I said above, itll come back the next night, but its a really simple process to skip, so I personally dont mind.

One final note, killing a whole bunch (I cant think of exactly how many in terms of numbers) of Guardians (be they Stalkers, Skywatchers, Turrets, or Decayed ones) will raise the chances of a Blood Moon happening. Ive heard aboutthis happening with other enemies too, but with Guardians its a much smaller number. So if you need to force a Blood Moon for, say, a Shrine Quest, there you go.

Also, just a PSA, do yourself a favor and buy an Ancient Shield. Theyre extremely durable and perfectly deflect Guardian lasers even if you dont pull off a parry.

Ok, finally final note. I mean it. Just a small request, but can someone post this on reddit? I cant access it through my computer or my phone, and Id love to get the word out on this discovery. Unless of course, everyone found this out last week and Im just really behind. Which I wouldnt find surprising....
#1295 Posted: 01:00:06 19/03/2017
Bolson is a nice guy but ooooo weee he creeps me out.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1296 Posted: 01:31:26 19/03/2017

i want urbosa to step on me
#1297 Posted: 01:42:27 19/03/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

i want urbosa to step on me

This.....is new
---
#1298 Posted: 02:22:42 19/03/2017
This has gotten too weird. I think I'll stop visiting this topic until I get the game smilie
---
#1299 Posted: 03:12:42 20/03/2017 | Topic Creator
urbosa is also a+ tier waifu
---
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx [online] Gems: 2593
#1300 Posted: 22:19:17 26/03/2017
What difference is there between Wii U and Switch versions aside from graphics, framerate and load times? I was going to wait to get the Switch on my birthday, but thats a while a way, and BOTW looks too good to pass up.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
First | Previous | Page 26 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me