Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
First | Previous | Page 25 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6714
#1201 Posted: 02:23:14 18/01/2017
Proceeds to come out on the Nintendo Switcharoo because they took the entire console's life to develop it, again
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8782
#1202 Posted: 02:49:25 18/01/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75

So it's like the Wii all over again. They released Twilight Princess for both the Wii and the GameCube, while Skyward Sword was a Wii exclusive.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#1203 Posted: 19:39:47 22/01/2017
So what are everyone's concerns about the game?

My main concern is the open-world aspect and how it will be handled. This is in part because I'm not an overly huge fan of open-world games, but if they are handled well, then I'm all for it. I'm just concerned that it will be very easy to get lost in this game. For instance, the Wind Waker, arguably the most open-world Zelda game until this point, suffered from at times clear as mud directions for proceeding with the story or the side quests. Despite of this though, Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, so I'm not overly worried.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#1204 Posted: 19:54:45 22/01/2017
Well, the reason for the open world was because the ones that tested Skyward Sword back when it was released wished they could've explored beyond the borders of the world. So basically, that's what they are trying to do. Like you said, The Wind Waker has the biggest word of the series, at least until Breath of the Wild is released. Many people still complain about the long sailing times, but that's just part of the main gameplay. Do a voyage in real life, and it will also take a lot of time. What's so good about such a big world is that you get tons to explore, and can continue to play and still discover new things. Even after so many years of playing The Wind Waker, I still discover new little things with each gameplay.

But as Breath of the Wild comes, I'm expecting some silly criticism. As much as I love the series, I sometimes truly despise the fandom. When The Wind Waker was released, almost everybody complained about the graphics and didn't gave the game a chance, since they wanted something similar to Ocarina of Time. Then Twilight Princess came, and even with the realistic graphics, people then complained it was too similar to Ocarina of Time (when they asked for it in the first place) and not as good. Then Skyward Sword came and the graphics and gameplay were panned yet again! Honestly, what does it take to make people happy? I really is sickening how they try to find even the most minor of flaws to have something to complain about smilie
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1205 Posted: 20:14:00 22/01/2017
Quote: DarkPredator

My main concern is the open-world aspect and how it will be handled. This is in part because I'm not an overly huge fan of open-world games, but if they are handled well, then I'm all for it. I'm just concerned that it will be very easy to get lost in this game. For instance, the Wind Waker, arguably the most open-world Zelda game until this point, suffered from at times clear as mud directions for proceeding with the story or the side quests. Despite of this though, Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, so I'm not overly worried.

I have a concern about it being open-world as well, but mainly the fact of straddling the line in size vs. content. It is big yes, but are there that many things to fill in that world? Is it like Morrowind with diverse biomes and things to do, or is it big and empty?
Trusting Nintendo's guideline for polish, and given that it has taken so long for the game to come out, I'd say that Nintendo has taken care of many of my concerns and I need not worry.

Quote: Felines
But as Breath of the Wild comes, I'm expecting some silly criticism. As much as I love the series, I sometimes truly despise the fandom. When The Wind Waker was released, almost everybody complained about the graphics and didn't gave the game a chance, since they wanted something similar to Ocarina of Time. Then Twilight Princess came, and even with the realistic graphics, people then complained it was too similar to Ocarina of Time (when they asked for it in the first place) and not as good. Then Skyward Sword came and the graphics and gameplay were panned yet again! Honestly, what does it take to make people happy? I really is sickening how they try to find even the most minor of flaws to have something to complain about smilie

I know how you feel, the fandom loves to nitpick, I myself have not. Wind Waker is my first Zelda game and I love it. And each new game that comes out is always good, in it's own way. I never compare Zelda titles to each other, because besides Link, Zelda, and Ganon, and the Gods, each game is so different from one another I just can't find room to complain or compare. I love the Zelda franchise for what it is, and for what each new experience has to offer.
#1206 Posted: 20:35:57 22/01/2017
^My thoughts exactly. If the people complaining only likes one type of game, then they should play that game and get over it. Nintendo is not going to release one that it's way too similar. This series in particular is all about variety, and that's what I love. Even games that look practically the same in looks, like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, have very different stories and things to do. But The Wind Waker was so very special to me. It was my first Zelda game, my favorite game of all time, and the one that truly demonstrated who the real Zelda fans were, the ones that could still love the series no matter the drastic changes and direction it took, the ones who were willing to try something new.
---
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5972
#1207 Posted: 16:26:35 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the Zelda fandom has always had this weird cycle of hating one game, loving another, loving the game they hated before, and then hating the game they loved.

The largest and most obvious example is, without a doubt, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
A large majority of the fanbase wasn't willing to give TWW a chance due to the art style, especially because of the OOT-like tech demo that came before it was revealed.
(Although the art styles used in the tech demos have never been used in the games that followed them)

Then Twilight Princess came out and it was pretty much adored by a majority of the fanbase for quite some time.
Fast forward to today, and most people - including those who didn't in the past - will tell you that they love TWW, but hate TP.

This is not specifically a TWW vs TP thing, however, as this has occurred with numerous games, including even OOT and MM.
I guarantee you that, in a couple of years, practically everyone will be saying that they love SS, but hate [Insert game here]. (Which they previously loved)
---
You say that I'm kinda difficult - But it's always someone else's fault
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe - You can count on me to misbehave~
#1208 Posted: 17:11:25 23/01/2017
Yeah, the Zelda fandom has always had this weird cycle of hating one game, loving another, loving the game they hated before, and then hating the game they loved.

The largest and most obvious example is, without a doubt, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
A large majority of the fanbase wasn't willing to give TWW a chance due to the art style, especially because of the OOT-like tech demo that came before it was revealed.
(Although the art styles used in the tech demos have never been used in the games that followed them)

Then Twilight Princess came out and it was pretty much adored by a majority of the fanbase for quite some time.
Fast forward to today, and most people - including those who didn't in the past - will tell you that they love TWW, but hate TP.

This is not specifically a TWW vs TP thing, however, as this has occurred with numerous games, including even OOT and MM.
I guarantee you that, in a couple of years, practically everyone will be saying that they love SS, but hate [Insert game here]. (Which they previously loved)

That bold text, I think that's the shortest and most ingenious fanbase description I've ever seen. That pretty much resumes how it all is. Even Miyamoto himself expressed himself very similarly in a Twitter. And yes, there has always been a VS. battle with every game; OoT vs. MM, TWW vs. TP, PH vs. ST, and many more. But I still believe the biggest battle is still between TWW and TP. Those two games are always compared, and has divided the fanbase in so many ways. Personally, I enjoy the two games. They are just very different from each other, and I love them for it. Of course, I believe TWW is a more superior game for so many reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't like TP, or that I will stop loving it.

And what you said about SS, those are my exact same thoughts. I don't have to be a clairvoyant to know that's what will happen. Give it at least ten years and you'll see many people loving SS and hating whatever Zelda game gets released that time. That's just the pattern that has formed with this series, and I think it will remain that way. I feel so sorry for Miyamoto, trying to create a game that everyone would like, but there is always going to be the most stupidest of complains smilie

And about TWW, I think what really made the game have such a hard time was that specific tech-demo. They showed those realistic graphics, so naturally, that's what people expected. And predictably, there was a lot of debate when the next tech-demo showed how it was really going to be. For a year, people had already associated the next game with that first demo, and that's what spited so many opinions. I believe that if it wasn't for that first tech-demo, and if Nintendo had just showed how TWW was really going to look like, then just perhaps, the game wouldn't had received the amount of hate it had back then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:02 23/01/2017 by Felines
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#1209 Posted: 22:25:46 23/01/2017
I'm sure there's something that very easily disproves this, but I've recently thought out the theory that Breath of The Wild takes place after Ocarina but even though it's a new branch, it's still before Wind Waker in the timeline where Link defeats Ganon but he doesn't get sent back to relive his childhood. Sure, the Child Era sorta disappears, but it's not a given that Link gets sent back to the past, seeing as it is possible for him to die at the end of Ocarina and the Hero is Defeated Era still exists. That branch is a big, what if; the same goes for my theory. What if Zelda sees that Link is beneficial to Hyrule at its current time and he stays to protect it.

Ganon shows up again as seen at the beginning of Wind Waker (keep in mind Calamity Ganon was said to have appeared suddenly) and the events of Breath of The Wild occur. Calamity Ganon is at Hyrule Castle, so what if, at the end of BotW, Link plunges the Master Sword in a room underneath the castle where the Hero of Wind finds it later on. Sure you could argue the location of Hyrule Castle in Wind Waker doesn't match up at all with the location of Hyrule Castle in BotW, but it's definitely not possible there was a plan for BotW while Wind Waker was being developed.

What I'm saying is, Link loses to Ganon at the end of BotW, because he needs to put the Master Sword in the castle as a means to subdue Ganon. Without the Master Sword, Link isn't able to defeat Ganon even in his weakened state, and so the people who remain in Hyrule pray to the gods which flood Hyrule, creating the Great Sea.

The Great Deku Tree, yeah, I know, but it could be that the Great Deku Tree in BotW is sort of a predecessor to the Great Deku Tree in Wind Waker. Either that or the goddesses see the importance of the GDT and decide to raise the area where he is until he's at the tip of a mountain, which then becomes the Forest Haven.

The Zora also exist in BotW. I forget who said this, but the goddesses evolved the Zora into the Rito so that they don't discover the remains of Hyrule after Calamity Ganon decimated it.

The Goron followed along with the Zora and the other regular humans in BotW to the mountaintops, as sort of explained in Wind Waker's story.

The odd ones out though, the bird people in BotW and the Gerudo. I don't think there is any evidence of the Gerudo in Wind Waker, and the bird people couldn't be the Rito since them evolving from the Zora makes a boatload of sense.

There's also the structures seen in BotW. There's a bridge people are assuming to be the Bridge of Eldin and well... I've got nothing. I say it merely gets flooded over in the Great Flood that creates the Great Sea.

There's the Temple of Time in Ocarina, which is where the Master Sword ends up at the end of it, but the Master Sword is seen in front of the GDT in BotW. Maybe it's originally in or near the Temple of Time, but in the 100 years before Link wakes up, Zelda took the Master Sword to the GDT knowing Ganon might go directly to the Temple of Time. What we can assume to be the Lost Woods seems rather unscathed by Calamity Ganon whereas the Temple of Time is in ruins.

Speaking of Zelda, I think that she may be acting as a sort of barrier in Hyrule Castle, preventing Calamity Ganon from escaping. I think she's the glowing light in the center of the Castle and maybe Link has to plunge the Master Sword in the Castle for it to act in Zelda's place. Since he doesn't have access to it, with the Master Sword weakening Ganon, Link goes to fight him but loses. Hyrule gets taken over by Calamity Ganon, the goddesses flood it, and enter Wind Waker opening cutscene.

tl;dr I think BotW might be some sort of alternate reality where it is technically before Wind Waker and after Ocarina of Time, but it is also a new branch. It splits off from Ocarina but loops back around to Wind Waker. So it's essentially: Link stays to protect Hyrule, but he dies and the events leading up to Wind Waker still happen.

This took a lot more effort than I was planning to, so I'm sorry in advance if some part of it makes 0 sense. I'm pretty tired as is. If you have any further evidence as to why this could be a thing, or any evidence disproving it, I'd love to know.
#1210 Posted: 22:36:06 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
That seems interesting, but it just further overly complicates the timeline and seems unnecessary on top of it, most likely due to the wording.
I'm not really liking the idea because of the above reasons, but I suppose it's possible and could be interesting? I'd just rather them not make another branch, tbch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:21 23/01/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#1211 Posted: 23:33:59 23/01/2017
Oh yeah, I would hate to have the timeline split even further, but it is just a theory. *insert Game Theory ending here*
#1212 Posted: 23:37:40 23/01/2017
Three is more than enough. You point an interesting theory, but a way complicated one. I hope Nintendo stays with just three.
---
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7046
#1213 Posted: 00:37:19 24/01/2017
Quote: DarkPredator

I mostly talked about this during the E3 presentation, but my biggest concern involves the open world itself. Specifically two things: If the world will have enough to do in order to justify having a world this large(or if it's just Hyrule Field on steroids), and how exactly different Zelda mechanics will be integrated with the open world aspect, such as the Sheikah Slate.

^My thoughts exactly. If the people complaining only likes one type of game, then they should play that game and get over it. Nintendo is not going to release one that it's way too similar. This series in particular is all about variety, and that's what I love. Even games that look practically the same in looks, like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, have very different stories and things to do. But The Wind Waker was so very special to me. It was my first Zelda game, my favorite game of all time, and the one that truly demonstrated who the real Zelda fans were, the ones that could still love the series no matter the drastic changes and direction it took, the ones who were willing to try something new.

I honestly wish more people understood what makes Zelda work so well is the variety. Each game has a different style, so much to the point where there's probably going to be at least one Zelda game you really enjoy. It's part of why Zelda is so successful: You can have your traditional games, like OoT or TP, one that does something drastically different and unique such as TWW or MM, or you can have the traditional top-down Zelda games like ALBW.
---
Cool cool.
#1214 Posted: 01:44:53 24/01/2017
^Precisely. Even if someone is not a fan of the series in general, there is bound to be a game that the person likes. Sure, the concept is practically the same, the hero saves princess and all that, but the rest is always going to be different.
---
#1215 Posted: 20:31:56 30/01/2017
Does anyone know if theres some specific place thats better to preorder from? Any preorder bonuses for the Wii U version? Im guessing not, but Im undecided as to whether I should spend the extra money to have the game shipped directly to me on release or spend the regular price and just go pick it up. Which would you recommend?
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4743
#1216 Posted: 20:39:08 04/02/2017
27 more days the go, the hype intensifies.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1217 Posted: 20:52:22 04/02/2017
Time is running quite fast... at least for me...
---
#1218 Posted: 19:43:29 07/02/2017
Aside from gameinformer's coverage online of the game for the following month, they also released their article on the game today if you get it through the app. I dont have any money on my account to buy it but keep in mind it's said to be pretty spoiler heavy
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#1219 Posted: 20:55:46 07/02/2017
Just gameplay spoilers, nothing story-related
---
My life is complete.
#1220 Posted: 21:56:06 14/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Pre-ordered BOTW and the Archer Link amiibo today. smilie

Also, DLC has been confirmed for the game:

For those that cannot watch the video, here's what DLC there will be:

Expansion Pass ($19.99 USD):
- Includes both DLC packs (1 & 2)
- Bonus three new treasure chests found in the Great Plateau that contain useful items and exclusive in-game clothing

DLC Pack 1 (Summer 2017):
- Adds new 'Cave of Trials' challenge
- New Hard Mode
- Additional Map Feature

DLC Pack 2 (Holiday 2017):
- New original story
- New dungeon
- Additional challenges

Please keep in mind that this isn't the kind of DLC that is locked on the disc, as this is quite literally an expansion pack. (As the Expansion Pass clearly indicates)

None of this content was taken out of the original game, nor is it needed to fully enjoy the game and its storyline.
It's all new additional content for an already complete game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:58:43 14/02/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#1221 Posted: 22:10:30 14/02/2017
This game really seems like it's going to take a lot of time and money. Not that it matters though smilie

Anyway, GameStop stores left my country, so I really can't preorder the console. I can still do it through the Internet, but it's not the same as in person. Maybe I'll ask for both console and game for my birthday smilie
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#1222 Posted: 00:36:28 15/02/2017
It kinda was inevitable for a wide-open sandbox zelda to get DLC. I mean, i'm just so used to so many wide-open sandboxes get DLC and it doesn't phase me. Nintendo does DLC well too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:38 15/02/2017 by Bryman04
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1223 Posted: 01:59:41 15/02/2017
I know a lot of people are losing their shtuff over the whole Zelda expansion pass ordeal. Personally, I don't think for a second that it'll be like EA where they're gonna release an unfinished game (Especially with this game's development hell) that requires this DLC in order to actually be playable.

Also hey, y'all wanted Nintendo to get with the times, well, here ya go. smilie
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 5722
#1224 Posted: 14:51:19 02/03/2017
The results are in.

A particular quote to note from Edge Magazine, who was the first review published:

Quote:
The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open-world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven’t known for 20 years. Not since Ocarina Of Time have we set foot in a world that seems so mind-bogglingly vast, that feels so unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything; few, if any, ever deliver on it so irresistibly. Nineteen years on, Ocarina is still held up as the high-water mark of one of gaming’s best-loved – and greatest – series. Now it may have to settle for second place.
---
Thank you for eight years of hospitality. Until next time.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6334
#1225 Posted: 15:11:34 02/03/2017
While I'm incredibly excited to play the game, I'm still gonna say that the reviews going on about it being the best game ever made (which have been plentiful) and overall making these kind of meaningless fluff claims like "Ocarina of Time is no longer the benchmark for what an adventure game should be" (it's been over a decade since that was the case), aren't worth listening to. Just read/watched a bunch of reviews and most of them are basically copy pastes of each other. It's pretty easy to see a lot of these guys are being paid. Just check Bill Trinen's Twitter feed if you need extra proof of that.

GameXplain's review is the only actual, proper review I've seen so far. They're the only ones actually mentioning the game's flaws. Not that it's bad game by any means, they are still very positive about it, but even their positive impressions give far greater insight than other reviewers.

And they won't show up on Metacritic because they use a non-arbitrary, but unconventional review system.

In case you want to not watch any footage of the game and just want to hear these flaws:

-The inventory system is terrible, one of the most bare bones in any open world game ever, and worse than any in past Zelda games. There's a lot of sub menus to scroll through for different item/weapon categories, and no really quick way to go about it. This results in you spending way more time in the menus than you should, and also, the inventory system is almost always full and fills very quickly (apparently it never gets bigger either). And just like in OG Twilight Princess when you had full Rupees and got a chest of Rupees, but had to put them back, this game does the same with chests when your inventory is full. Meaning you have to go through inventory and decide which weapons or items you want to get rid of. The Quick Menu isn't much better either, and is a hindrance in combat. What's more, even on the Wii U version, they don't allow you to use the touch screen for inventory management, even though the HD Zelda remakes on Wii U did (and they said in interviews that it would be in BotW).

-Some really bad frame drops at points, to the point where the game seems like it freezes up for few a seconds. Not too common, but jarring nonetheless.

-The story is really nothing special and mostly just lacks a sense of urgency. You basically hear about Calamity Ganon at the start, and never hear much of him again until you decide to actually fight him. Voice acting is bland to decent, mostly a reflection of the character being voiced and how interesting of a character they are.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:52:23 02/03/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#1226 Posted: 15:13:09 02/03/2017
Oh man, I really, REALLY want the game, but I think I'll have to wait for my birthday smilie
---
#1227 Posted: 15:25:12 02/03/2017
The reviews really have been super bandwagon. The only bad review I've seen is more or less "I wanted OoT again Nintendo must give the game that *I* want" which is even more unreasonable, but yeah, it's really hard to find good judgement of the game with both the good and meh.
---
I do art!
#1228 Posted: 15:42:21 02/03/2017
Well, I'm not surprised. It's Zelda. Somebody will always have a critique for it. I just hope this game receives all the positive reviews... and stays that way. Many games that are received positively at the beginning don't age well, and those games who were panned and underappreciated begin to be loved after months, sometimes years after their release. That's just the pattern with this particular series.
---
#1229 Posted: 15:45:06 02/03/2017
Positive is one thing. "This is the most perfect game in existence" is past that limit. Nowadays it's a real danger to follow the hype then find out the game isn't in fact the best thing ever and everything anyone could ever ask for.
---
I do art!
#1230 Posted: 16:00:44 02/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Positive is one thing. "This is the most perfect game in existence" is past that limit. Nowadays it's a real danger to follow the hype then find out the game isn't in fact the best thing ever and everything anyone could ever ask for.

And that's why you should never expect anything. Hype is a very dangerous thing, and it can drastically change your opinion. That's why I simply play a game while not expecting anything about it, and usually avoiding reviews until AFTER I've finished the game. Just play the game blindly and enjoy it. As simple as that. Don't give it any expectations. I've learned to avoid being hyped about anything, whether it's a videogame, a movie, a series, anything. Which is why I'd rather get Breath of the Wild for my birthday instead of it's release date. I've learned to be patient.
---
#1231 Posted: 19:21:13 02/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm extremely excited that I'm picking up my copy tomorrow~ <3

However, that said, I'm not too happy with the frame rate issues and some of the other problems, such as the menus. :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:39 02/03/2017 by Sesshomaru75
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1232 Posted: 16:16:08 04/03/2017
so i got BOTW.. and i love it.

Haven't gotten too far into the story, but the gameplay and graphics are amazing.

congrats, you guys got a new zelda fan smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3070
#1233 Posted: 18:17:14 04/03/2017
It's a great game.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1234 Posted: 19:18:09 04/03/2017
The reviews this game are getting are insane
---
My life is complete.
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3238
#1235 Posted: 10:41:54 05/03/2017
This game was worth the wait.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3720
#1236 Posted: 16:09:08 05/03/2017
So I've gotten to the part where I need to find Link's memories, and that's the only story mode quest I have other than "Defeat Ganon" and "free the divine beasts" that I can really do at the moment. I've gotten 1 memory, but do I have to get all 12 of them to progress? Because lots of these could be literally anywhere. There are 2 pictures that are just forests, with no distinguishing features I can find.

The one thing I don't like about this game is that it absolutely sucks about giving you any idea where you're going.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:24:09 06/03/2017 by mega spyro
#1237 Posted: 16:28:28 05/03/2017
Such is the open world dilemma. Either you hold the player's hand too much or too little.

Couldn't resist since I'm super broke, following Vinesauce Vinny's stream. I really liked this beginning a lot more than most games; yeah you're railroaded into completing the stuff to get out of the starter area, but it's got a lot already for you to get lost in. Seriously this is some FFXV level recipe hunt.

In the second part someone already called it Deaths of the Wild because vinny keeps whistling at things about to kill him
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:42 05/03/2017 by Bifrost
#1238 Posted: 16:39:52 05/03/2017
Well, I don't mind if the game is hard on letting you know where you're going. It gives you more motive to explore. That ms one of the things I love most about a game, which is why I love The Wind Waker so much. Sure, it did involve a lot of sailing, but I really didn't find it that much tedious. It was a motivation to explore. I think I'm going to love Breath of the Wild. I'll unfortunately have to wait for my birthday.
---
#1239 Posted: 19:31:16 05/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Such is the open world dilemma. Either you hold the player's hand too much or too little.

Couldn't resist since I'm super broke, following Vinesauce Vinny's stream. I really liked this beginning a lot more than most games; yeah you're railroaded into completing the stuff to get out of the starter area, but it's got a lot already for you to get lost in. Seriously this is some FFXV level recipe hunt.

In the second part someone already called it Deaths of the Wild because vinny keeps whistling at things about to kill him

Off topic, but did you see the part where he spent 3+ hours looking for a cookbook in Ganon's castle super early on for a side quest?

Well, I don't mind if the game is hard on letting you know where you're going. It gives you more motive to explore. That ms one of the things I love most about a game, which is why I love The Wind Waker so much. Sure, it did involve a lot of sailing, but I really didn't find it that much tedious. It was a motivation to explore. I think I'm going to love Breath of the Wild. I'll unfortunately have to wait for my birthday.

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't still so early into the game most things kill me in one hit. I wouldn't mind if I was actually strong enough I could stand a chance instead of having to avoid every single enemy.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:21:40 06/03/2017 by mega spyro
#1240 Posted: 19:36:30 05/03/2017
If that's today/yesterday's stream, didn't see it, I'm just using FullSauce.

Blue Bokoblins and the first boss(?) just wiping the floor with Link does feel a little much, yeah, but the game showers you with food and just about anything heals you fully at that point.

edit: So riddle me this

There are rupees,they come from ores as seen in SS and are currency, and rupoors
Now BOTW has rubies, which also come from ores and are traded for rupees
who named them like this and why the ****
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:54 05/03/2017 by Bifrost
#1241 Posted: 23:07:01 05/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Gannon

I hope that's a typo.
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3660
#1242 Posted: 23:15:03 05/03/2017
So... here's something I didn't really expect (spoilers are somewhat minor)

crossdresssing. There is a man who dresses as a female to get into Gerudo Town... He will also give you gerudo clothing to get in so you can crosssdress too! I thought this was cool and funny
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#1243 Posted: 23:15:42 05/03/2017
^If the final boss is Ganon fusing with a cannon, then maybe. /s
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:56 05/03/2017 by Bifrost
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7046
#1244 Posted: 23:23:22 05/03/2017
Got the game and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I don't think it's this 10/10 masterpiece that everyone is pushing it to be but it's really good. Definitely the most invested I've ever been in a 3D Zelda game(which I guess isn't saying too much since MM and TWW are the only other 3D Zeldas I liked).
---
Cool cool.
#1245 Posted: 01:47:46 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm absolutely in love with the game right now, as it's easily one of the best games I've played in a long time.
I'll admit that I feel extremely overwhelmed playing it sometimes, but I'm very happy to see a lot of my fears that I had going into this game being put to rest.

The only real problem I've been having so far, since I'm playing the Wii U version, is the frame rate. It's not bad, per se, but the slow down can be noticeable at times.
It's still a very solid version of the game, though, and I'm still having an amazing time.

Also, I have a new waifu:
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:58:44 06/03/2017 by Sesshomaru75
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1246 Posted: 06:08:59 06/03/2017
so im waiting for a switch to actually own the game myself, but rn ive been playing on my girlfriends switch, so here's my thoughts or whatever:

-guardians are cool
-more guardian content pls
-im not really digging weapon durability, but i understand why it was implemented, i just hope the master sword doesn't have durability too bc imo thatd be stupid
-shield snowboarding is a fun time
-THE COOKING MECHANIC IS THE BEST THING THATS EVER BEEN ADDED TO ZELDA OMG IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH IT
-i wasnt expecting fish to fall out of the sky when tapping my toon link amiibo but i digress
-WOLF LINK IS A FRIEND AND BOY
#1247 Posted: 06:25:42 06/03/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Gannon

I hope that's a typo.

Apparently Gannon is a word according to autocorrect, but Ganon isn't.
---
Dead
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2847
#1248 Posted: 11:01:58 08/03/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456
Got the game and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I don't think it's this 10/10 masterpiece that everyone is pushing it to be but it's really good. Definitely the most invested I've ever been in a 3D Zelda game(which I guess isn't saying too much since MM and TWW are the only other 3D Zeldas I liked).

I put about 5 hours into it so far and I'm kinda with you. I don't think it's as flawless as everyone says, but I do think it's fantastic and the flaws are nothing huge whatsoever. I'm curious to see how my opinion changes by the time I beat it, but until then I'm holding back on sharing any more of my opinions.
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:02:40 08/03/2017 by Drawdler
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1249 Posted: 16:39:13 08/03/2017
Quote: StriderSwag
so im waiting for a switch to actually own the game myself, but rn ive been playing on my girlfriends switch, so here's my thoughts or whatever:

-guardians are cool
-more guardian content pls
-im not really digging weapon durability, but i understand why it was implemented, i just hope the master sword doesn't have durability too bc imo thatd be stupid
-shield snowboarding is a fun time
-THE COOKING MECHANIC IS THE BEST THING THATS EVER BEEN ADDED TO ZELDA OMG IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH IT
-i wasnt expecting fish to fall out of the sky when tapping my toon link amiibo but i digress
-WOLF LINK IS A FRIEND AND BOY

WOLF LINK IS INDEED A FRIEND

also, the guardian amiibo cAN STAND ON ALL 6 LEGS

[User Posted Image]
#1250 Posted: 20:00:31 08/03/2017
^ THAT IS KIND OF ADORABLE
---
My life is complete.
First | Previous | Page 25 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me