Forum

Poll

Favourite icy themed level in Spyro 1-3?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
First | Previous | Page 23 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30 31
The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1101 Posted: 18:46:53 12/06/2016
Oh boy! Can't wait for the announcement, y'all!
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#1102 Posted: 21:39:08 12/06/2016
That is an awesome freaking piece of artwork... Oml
---
My life is complete.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1103 Posted: 23:10:37 12/06/2016
That artwork is gorgeous.
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7088
#1104 Posted: 23:28:12 12/06/2016
Man, this artwork is freaking fantastic.

Still really disappointed with what Nintendo did with E3 but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this Zelda.
---
Cool cool.
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#1105 Posted: 01:42:02 13/06/2016
The artwork looks great, and could hint at rock climbing or vertically traveling being a new feature. I wasn't that excited for E3, and the fact that this game will mainly be for the NX still bugs me, but I'm just focusing on the fact that we finally get info on a great new Zelda game smilie

Also, the lanyards for Nintendo's E3 shows two versions of Link...Male and Female?

[User Posted Image]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6008
#1106 Posted: 01:43:56 13/06/2016 | Topic Creator
No, that's literally the same Link from two different pieces of art.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe ~ You can count on me to misbehave

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:45:26 13/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1107 Posted: 13:49:48 13/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Nintendo released the full-pic leaked on Amazon earlier:
[User Posted Image]

Is that the Great Bridge of Hylia from Twilight Princess??? Hmm...

[User Posted Image]
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:43 13/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5369
#1108 Posted: 14:48:33 13/06/2016
I'm more interested in that tower directly below Link that seems to have blue energy flowing through it.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1109 Posted: 14:53:08 13/06/2016 | Topic Creator
There's another one to the opposite side of the bridge, which I find very interesting.
---

#YangGang
#1110 Posted: 15:03:38 13/06/2016
I wonder if there's gonna be a lot of them placed in key locations around the map. Possibly acting as warp points? Or maybe something crucial to the story.
---
#1111 Posted: 15:07:37 13/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
I wonder if there's gonna be a lot of them placed in key locations around the map. Possibly acting as warp points? Or maybe something crucial to the story.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit of both, tbh.

I'm finding them very fascinating, however; I really want to see what they are and what their purpose is.
---

#YangGang
#1112 Posted: 16:01:37 13/06/2016
Thinking about it a bit more, the two towers seem to be a bit close to be warp points.

I think I can see a third one too, above the second broken portion of the bridge,it's pretty small, and seems to be at the top of a hill, only the blue stands out.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#1113 Posted: 16:04:21 13/06/2016
Quote: kardonis
Thinking about it a bit more, the two towers seem to be a bit close to be warp points.

I think I can see a third one too, above the second broken portion of the bridge,it's pretty small, and seems to be at the top of a hill, only the blue stands out.

There's 4, one right below link, two on the left, and one above the bridge.
#1114 Posted: 17:02:04 13/06/2016
Nice catch. I was thinking that with three it could be similar to the three islands in WW that are used to raise the tower, but that doesn't work now.
---
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2536
#1115 Posted: 16:12:48 14/06/2016
The new game is called

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
#1116 Posted: 16:21:56 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I don't really know how to feel about that title at the moment, tbh.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:42 14/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1117 Posted: 16:27:35 14/06/2016
I
just
fainted

omg
---
Spread those positive vibes
#1118 Posted: 16:36:10 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
New trailer:
---

#YangGang
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#1119 Posted: 16:48:46 14/06/2016
It's Zelda, it's usually looks pretty, adding smaller new mechanics and aesthetics to keep the old blueprint fresh and made well. There are two I hope for the most.

1. The voice-acting to be spectacular. Bad voice-acting can make a dramatic point play like a joke but a good performance can make it into something special.

2. More depth to Ganondorf. I want Ganondorf to be like a father-figure to Link before his motives are revealed, which won't be surprising to us but the final battle with Link and Ganon could be heartbreaking if both sides showed reluctance to their actions. We've seen a great connection between Link and Zelda in Skyward Sword, now it's Ganondorf's turn for Breath of the Wild.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#1120 Posted: 17:02:15 14/06/2016
OPEN YOUR EYES
#1121 Posted: 17:06:07 14/06/2016
*****S WE IN HYRULE!
#1122 Posted: 17:34:18 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Link wearing short shorts and the option to remain shirtless throughout the game? Sign me the **** up.
---

#YangGang
#1123 Posted: 17:38:15 14/06/2016
DUDES!

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE SHOW FLOOR TRYING TO HACK AND LEAK THE DEMO! PRAY FOR THEM MAH BOIS!
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2889
#1124 Posted: 17:38:25 14/06/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
the option to remain shirtless throughout the game

we xenoblade now
---
Quote: dark52
Error: You
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1125 Posted: 18:38:53 14/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
DUDES!

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE SHOW FLOOR TRYING TO HACK AND LEAK THE DEMO! PRAY FOR THEM MAH BOIS!

... What?
---
words. letters. filler.
#1126 Posted: 18:40:49 14/06/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: TheToyNerd
DUDES!

... What?

Some hackers are trying to leak the E3 Demo to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as we speak!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6367
#1127 Posted: 18:44:10 14/06/2016
Yeah, someone has been trying to dump the demo to an SD Card. It's 16 GB in size apparently.

To think, I've already sorted out Wii U hacking, I could play this...
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1128 Posted: 18:48:44 14/06/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Yeah, someone has been trying to dump the demo to an SD Card. It's 16 GB in size apparently.

OMFG

BE THE HERO

*ahem*

anyway... so hyped.
#1129 Posted: 18:49:03 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
You can play with the Wii U Pro Controller.
In addition to the "Shrine of Resurrection" that Link starts off in, the towers seen in the artwork where Link is climbing are called "Resurrection Towers".
There are apparently 100 "shrines" for Link to explore. Uncertain if these are dungeons or something else.
Zelda U's map is about the size of twelve Twilight Princess maps put together, and the demo was only about 1% of the environment.
Link has been asleep for 100 years.
Wolf Link amiibo unlocks wolf companion that has three hearts (Unless you have TP HD data saved on it) and helps you hunt, but can only be used once a day.
The wolf companion will have more hearts depending on how much health is saved on it from being used in the Cave of Shadow in Twilight Princess HD.
Breath of The Wild amiibo line announced, with Link as an archer, riding a horse, and a poseable Guardian.
The large technology enemies sen in the first trailer for the game are called "Guardians"
Link can wear various different clothing that he finds throughout the game, as well as remain shirtless/"nude" if desired.
Link has a temperature gauge if an area is too or cold, meaning he has to wear appropriate attire is such areas unless he's using a potion.
(i.e If an area is really cold, Link will have to wear thicker clothing or he can use a potion to remain "nude")
Link can pull off a "Legolas" by hoping onto his shield, riding down a hill, and firing arrows at enemies. (He can also shoot arrows while falling in general)
There is also a "sound gauge" that shows how loud Link is when sneaking up on an animal or enemy.
If Link's stamina gauge runs out while being on the surface of a body of water, he will drown.
Evidently hear pieces are no longer used to expand Link's health. Rather, it appears that doing things such as making certain recipes with the food you find does so instead.
Link has "Magneto" powers, as he can pull things made of metal to him including metal chest that might be to high for him to reach.

Listing off a lot of stuff here.
---

#YangGang
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1130 Posted: 18:55:44 14/06/2016
I NEED THE GUARDIAN AMIIBO
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#1131 Posted: 19:03:47 14/06/2016
There's gonna be no optional female Link because of the Triforce apparently dictating the incarnations of their wielders.

Fine! Then about exploring the Triforce in a more negative light because of how they determine what life Link, Zelda and Ganondorf must live.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:14 14/06/2016 by StevemacQ
#1132 Posted: 19:10:35 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
There's gonna be no optional female Link because of the Triforce apparently dictating the incarnations of their wielders.

Thank god. Source, though?

Quote: StevemacQ
Fine! Then about exploring the Triforce in a more negative light because of how they determine what life Link, Zelda and Ganondorf must live.

I don't see what's so "negative" about it.
We already know that the Triforce pretty much dictates that Link's the hero, Zelda's the reincarnation of Hylia, and Ganon is embodiment of Demise's hatred.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:29 14/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3101
#1133 Posted: 21:28:11 14/06/2016

Link? to the guy that said that?
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1134 Posted: 00:02:36 15/06/2016
People have been pretty positive about Breath of the Wild so far.

Looks like I get the luxury of being the first one to be negative about it.

I'll talk positives first: The game looks freaking gorgeous. The cel-shading from Wind Waker is really being used to its full potential and it pays off exceptionally well. And I love the fact that there's going to be some forms of voice acting now.

But everything else? Where do I begin...

I like the idea of an open world Zelda game, I really do. This is a Zelda game I've dreamed about, and one I could most definitely get down with. Despite the fact that this is coming to NX as well as Wii U, I was excited for this game. I really enjoy open world games and would love to see a great one to play on Wii U, especially a Zelda one. Even though my Zelda experiences are typically hit or miss, I would love to see the formula evolve in this way. But how would an open world be incorporated into a Zelda game? how would traditional Zelda elements blend with an open world similar to ones like The Witcher 3, or Skyrim, or Fallout, or Dragon Age? What kind of things would await us in the world that would make it a unique experience? How would an open world Zelda game stand out from the rest of the numerous open world games in the market right now? These were questions I had going into the next Zelda, as well as this E3, because I wasn't entirely clear on the answers.

Apparently Nintendo doesn't know the answers to this either, because this has got to be the most boring and bland open-world game I've ever seen. Everything you can do in this game isn't really any different than what you can do in just about every other open world game. Link can cook, or forage food to restore health now? okay, you can do that in almost every other open world game. You can encounter enemy camps and whatnot in the overworld? okay, you can do that in almost any other open world game. You can take weapons and use them until they break now? okay, you can do that in almost any other open world game.

See where I'm getting at? Right now, in its current state, there is nothing that differentiates this from other games besides the fact that it's titled The Legend of Zelda. It honestly feels like Nintendo more or less made a checklist of what makes an open world game and put that into a Zelda game. The closest thing we get that makes this open world game stand out is the Sheikah Slate. I do admit, I really like the Sheikah Slate. I love the new items it brings to the franchise, and I think it's something like this that can help make Breath of the Wild stand out. THIS is what I was looking for. to see how traditional Zelda elements would blend with open world elements, and the Sheikah Slate is one of them. Plus it's pretty funny seeing Link hold what is basically his world's equivalent to a smartphone. Why couldn't we have more information like this?

Not to mention the world itself is extremely barren. This world is going to be 12 times bigger than Twilight Princess. What can we even do in this world? Are there more NPCs to talk to? Are there towns to visit? Are there going to be more events besides enemy camps that will happen in the overworld? Are there going to be side quests you can do in the overworld besides the shrines so it can justify having such a huge world? are the shrines going to be in-depth enough to warrant this open world as well? Or is it just Hyrule Field from OoT on steroids, because right now that's the vibe I'm getting.

And don't tell me "Well, the game is still in development, maybe they haven't gotten to it yet or don't want to show it yet." We have been waiting since 2013 to see this game, and this looks like an early alpha in terms of its content. The game is supposed to release alongside the NX next March. That's less than a year away. Unless they plan on delaying it yet again, this has to be a mostly finished product, because there is no reason they couldn't have dropped a nuke's worth of information on this game. Instead of giving us an in-depth look at what they've been developing for the past 3 years, we get a tiny area of the overworld that looks empty, with too much focus on what this small space has rather than the big picture, an excruciating amount of time spent on mechanics that should already be incorporated into an open world game, and a lot of time with the staff talking about how pretty the game is. "Oh, the game is so big, it's huge! The game looks fantastic! Let's take another panoramic shot while we play the game to take in the details! Look, we have these brand new features for a Zelda game, like cooking, or breakable weapons and shields, and-"

I GET IT. Zelda is going open world. that's awesome. How about spending some time on what kind of dungeons we should expect with this new open world? How about spending some time on other things we can do in the world besides exploring? How about we get, I dunno, AN ACTUAL PLOT SYNOPSIS?

This announcement was very disappointing for me overall. I want to be excited for this game, I really want to. But nothing here has convinced me that this is an instant buy for me just yet. I want to see more than just the idea of Zelda going open world and how ambitious it is. Yes, it is ambitious, but after being teased for three years there could've been SO much more we could've learned about. Look at Fallout 4. That game had been in development since 2011 and look how much information was presented for that game. Hell, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gave us more of what we should expect from the next CoD title in a single trailer.

I'm going to have to see a lot more information soon before I'm sold on this game, because I learned next to nothing about this Zelda title besides "It's an open world Zelda game." Nintendo was holding info for this title back for all the wrong reasons and I can only hope I get really interested in it as time goes by. Because currently, this isn't a Zelda game I'm interested in now.

Look, if you're excited for this, more power too you. Glad you're excited for this game. You guys definitely see something I don't. It's just that in its current state, I can't be bothered with Breath of the Wild. I want to see where that 3 years of development has gone, and to me, it seems like it either hasn't gone into that much, or is being held back for no reason.

TL: DR- pankakesparx456 is a nonconformist and a salty manbaby because he didn't like the presentation for Breath of the Wild at all.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Wanted to vent them somewhere and i thought this would be the best topic to do that.

I get the feeling I'm going to make a lot of enemies after posting this.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:17:09 15/06/2016 by pankakesparx456
#1135 Posted: 00:17:32 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I thought it looked perfectly fine, personally. Plus, it's just a small portion of the game so I expect there to be plenty more.

Also, there is a plot synopsis:
Link awakens from a deep sleep, and a mysterious voice guides him to discover what has become of the ruined Kingdom of Hyrule. Link meets an old man and learns from him that 100 years prior, a great evil known as the Calamity Ganon rose up and laid waste to Hyrule. Unable to be defeated, he was sealed within Hyrule Castle while the ruins of the land were ravaged by nature over time. Although trapped, the Calamity Ganon has continued to grow in power, and Link must defeat him before he is set free and destroys the world.
---

#YangGang
#1136 Posted: 00:24:12 15/06/2016
Okay, I must've missed that. Well at least we got a bit of story details.

Like I said, if you guys are excited for Breath of the Wild, awesome. I personally can't right now, at least not until I see more information.
---
Cool cool.
#1137 Posted: 00:27:15 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: pankakesparx456
Like I said, if you guys are excited for Breath of the Wild, awesome. I personally can't right now, at least not until I see more information.

I personally think you might be over-analyzing it a bit too much, but that's just me. No offense, however.
I agree that we'll have to wait and see more of it until a final judgement is made, though.

Also, is everyone ignoring the fact that a Korok appeared or?
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:13 15/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1138 Posted: 00:49:23 15/06/2016
People have been pretty positive about Breath of the Wild so far.

Looks like I get the luxury of being the first one to be negative about it.

I'll talk positives first: The game looks freaking gorgeous. The cel-shading from Wind Waker is really being used to its full potential and it pays off exceptionally well. And I love the fact that there's going to be some forms of voice acting now.

But everything else? Where do I begin...

I like the idea of an open world Zelda game, I really do. This is a Zelda game I've dreamed about, and one I could most definitely get down with. Despite the fact that this is coming to NX as well as Wii U, I was excited for this game. I really enjoy open world games and would love to see a great one to play on Wii U, especially a Zelda one. Even though my Zelda experiences are typically hit or miss, I would love to see the formula evolve in this way. But how would an open world be incorporated into a Zelda game? how would traditional Zelda elements blend with an open world similar to ones like The Witcher 3, or Skyrim, or Fallout, or Dragon Age? What kind of things would await us in the world that would make it a unique experience? How would an open world Zelda game stand out from the rest of the numerous open world games in the market right now? These were questions I had going into the next Zelda, as well as this E3, because I wasn't entirely clear on the answers.

Apparently Nintendo doesn't know the answers to this either, because this has got to be the most boring and bland open-world game I've ever seen. Everything you can do in this game isn't really any different than what you can do in just about every other open world game. Link can cook, or forage food to restore health now? okay, you can do that in almost every other open world game. You can encounter enemy camps and whatnot in the overworld? okay, you can do that in almost any other open world game. You can take weapons and use them until they break now? okay, you can do that in almost any other open world game.

See where I'm getting at? Right now, in its current state, there is nothing that differentiates this from other games besides the fact that it's titled The Legend of Zelda. It honestly feels like Nintendo more or less made a checklist of what makes an open world game and put that into a Zelda game. The closest thing we get that makes this open world game stand out is the Sheikah Slate. I do admit, I really like the Sheikah Slate. I love the new items it brings to the franchise, and I think it's something like this that can help make Breath of the Wild stand out. THIS is what I was looking for. to see how traditional Zelda elements would blend with open world elements, and the Sheikah Slate is one of them. Plus it's pretty funny seeing Link hold what is basically his world's equivalent to a smartphone. Why couldn't we have more information like this?

Not to mention the world itself is extremely barren. This world is going to be 12 times bigger than Twilight Princess. What can we even do in this world? Are there more NPCs to talk to? Are there towns to visit? Are there going to be more events besides enemy camps that will happen in the overworld? Are there going to be side quests you can do in the overworld besides the shrines so it can justify having such a huge world? are the shrines going to be in-depth enough to warrant this open world as well? Or is it just Hyrule Field from OoT on steroids, because right now that's the vibe I'm getting.

And don't tell me "Well, the game is still in development, maybe they haven't gotten to it yet or don't want to show it yet." We have been waiting since 2013 to see this game, and this looks like an early alpha in terms of its content. The game is supposed to release alongside the NX next March. That's less than a year away. Unless they plan on delaying it yet again, this has to be a mostly finished product, because there is no reason they couldn't have dropped a nuke's worth of information on this game. Instead of giving us an in-depth look at what they've been developing for the past 3 years, we get a tiny area of the overworld that looks empty, with too much focus on what this small space has rather than the big picture, an excruciating amount of time spent on mechanics that should already be incorporated into an open world game, and a lot of time with the staff talking about how pretty the game is. "Oh, the game is so big, it's huge! The game looks fantastic! Let's take another panoramic shot while we play the game to take in the details! Look, we have these brand new features for a Zelda game, like cooking, or breakable weapons and shields, and-"

I GET IT. Zelda is going open world. that's awesome. How about spending some time on what kind of dungeons we should expect with this new open world? How about spending some time on other things we can do in the world besides exploring? How about we get, I dunno, AN ACTUAL PLOT SYNOPSIS?

This announcement was very disappointing for me overall. I want to be excited for this game, I really want to. But nothing here has convinced me that this is an instant buy for me just yet. I want to see more than just the idea of Zelda going open world and how ambitious it is. Yes, it is ambitious, but after being teased for three years there could've been SO much more we could've learned about. Look at Fallout 4. That game had been in development since 2011 and look how much information was presented for that game. Hell, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gave us more of what we should expect from the next CoD title in a single trailer.

I'm going to have to see a lot more information soon before I'm sold on this game, because I learned next to nothing about this Zelda title besides "It's an open world Zelda game." Nintendo was holding info for this title back for all the wrong reasons and I can only hope I get really interested in it as time goes by. Because currently, this isn't a Zelda game I'm interested in now.

Look, if you're excited for this, more power too you. Glad you're excited for this game. You guys definitely see something I don't. It's just that in its current state, I can't be bothered with Breath of the Wild. I want to see where that 3 years of development has gone, and to me, it seems like it either hasn't gone into that much, or is being held back for no reason.

TL: DR- pankakesparx456 is a nonconformist and a salty manbaby because he didn't like the presentation for Breath of the Wild at all.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Wanted to vent them somewhere and i thought this would be the best topic to do that.

I get the feeling I'm going to make a lot of enemies after posting this.

This is honestly exactly how I feel about it. I honestly expected more.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#1139 Posted: 00:49:46 15/06/2016
Okay, I must've missed that. Well at least we got a bit of story details.

They specifically said near the end of the treehouse that they removed all towns and most NPCs for the sake of the presentation, and didn't say story details as to not spoil anything. Personally, it raises my hype, cause it just means that even more will be discoverable. With this and Yooka-Laylee, they are finally not just throwing info at us, so there's plenty of new stuff when it actually releases, like they used to do before a huge amount of stuff got shown online, and therefore I won't get upset with that being it when it's just an expanded rehash of what has already been shown.

While the presentation did, overall, slightly dwindle my hype, it still seems cool to me, and knowing what they said near the end about having removed the villages and NPCs gives me more hope. The shrines look really cool to me, and are probably the part I'm most hyped about atm though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:51:03 15/06/2016 by weebbby
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4823
#1140 Posted: 01:09:45 15/06/2016
I'm interested to know why the Master Sword is rusted.

I mean, it's the Master Sword. The Goddess' sword. Why should it be rusting?
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#1141 Posted: 01:43:48 15/06/2016
@People saying the game is empty and all they showed were open fields and has nothing to do:

-They had a day of streaming this game. I can understand not being able to sit through all of it (I couldn't either but I had it open in a tab the whole time at least and listened to it), but you probably just didn't watch enough of it. They showed of plenty of things you can do.

-They were only showing off the first area of the game. It's massive enough on it's own, but it's still the first area. Of course it's going to be more calm. And even with that there was plenty going on. They already confirmed the game's world is 12 times bigger than the world in Twilight Princess. So please don't act like you've seen the whole game. We haven't seen Death Mountain. We haven't seen Zora's Lagoon or Lake Hylia in action. Or anything like that. They just showed of the general grassland/mountain area you start off in.

-They showed off plenty of "Shrines", which are literally mini-dungeons apart from the main big dungeons. And despite being mini, some of them are still fairly long. And there is gonna be over 100 of them.

-This game has a fully functional physics engine. You can literally make your own fun with all of the objects lying around, like boulders and explosive barrels. You can interact with SO much. Chopping down trees to make a path across a chasm, for example.

-They specifically said that there will be more stuff even in this first area in the final game, some of it was removed from the demo though to avoid story/lore spoilers.

-You can surf on your shield, nuff said.

-Also Doggo Link can be your friend and interacts with your TPHD save file.

I honestly can't fathom these complaints of the world being too empty. Open world games are something I should love, but I often don't, because I feel they often lack actual level design, and polish. Skyrim is a prime example, a game where I got bored of it because I just could walk in a straight line to wherever I needed to go, even steep mountains didn't have proper collision data and I could mash jump to get up them. It's rare that I actually enjoy one (only one that jumps to mind is LEGO City: Undercover, that game was amazing). Breath of the Wild is exactly what I've been craving though. The game is built around constantly exploring, from looking for apples for Link to eat, weapons to replace damaged ones, clothes suitable for different weather conditions, to actual big, typical game-like secrets. There is **** to find everywhere, and all of it is something you will use. Not every secret or item you find has to be something magical and amazing, as long as it's useful, then it's worth searching for. This is something Twilight Princess had a huge problem with. Rupees were half of the secrets in the game, but there was barely anything to buy with them. I'm glad to see it addressed.

And while the game is definitely borrowing some of the best elements from other open world games, like Shadow of the Colossus, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls, how is that a bad thing? It still looks uniquely Zelda, and just takes some pointers from other well-liked open world games.

Also towns and Rupees have been confirmed for the full game. So it will be more populated. Though the world is supposed to be in ruin, so populace will likely be spread out a bit.

EDIT: And apparently the E3 Demo isn't even 2% of the full world.

http://zeldauniverse.net/2016/...f-overall-size/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:04 15/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#1142 Posted: 03:38:02 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I agree for the most part with SB on this one, tbh.

- - -

Different expressions for Link in BOTW:

This is really interesting, tbch.

- - -

Also, Aonuma said the following about the possibility of Skyward Sword HD:

Quote: IGN
Yeah it's definitely possible” Aonuma told IGN. “As I mentioned earlier in the presentation, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a result of what we wanted to expand and make a better Skyward Sword. It's like an evolved or expanded version.”“Putting out an HD version of Skyward Sword and tossing that into the mix might be a little weird. It's always a possibility, so I really don't know.

Obviously this doesn't confirm anything whatsoever, especially since he thinks it'd be a little weird and isn't exactly certain about it, but it's interesting nonetheless.
---

#YangGang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:36 15/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1143 Posted: 07:46:40 15/06/2016
Well the demo is apparently having trouble being dumped and keeps corrupting halfway. Supposed to drop tomorrow so hopefully I'll be playing it by tomorrow night.
---
words. letters. filler.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3101
#1144 Posted: 16:13:30 15/06/2016
Well the demo is apparently having trouble being dumped and keeps corrupting halfway. Supposed to drop tomorrow so hopefully I'll be playing it by tomorrow night.

WHAT!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1145 Posted: 17:05:18 15/06/2016

Got a link to where it's supposed to be uploaded or at least where the dumper is feeding this information?
---
#1146 Posted: 06:06:40 16/06/2016

Got a link to where it's supposed to be uploaded or at least where the dumper is feeding this information?

https://twitter.com/nwplayer123 I'd follow her as soon as possible as she was on private for a long time and just went off. Apparently it's taking too long to dump over network so either they're going to attempt to grab the code again and music, or wait for a store event.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1147 Posted: 00:16:08 17/06/2016
Oh man, apparently Nintendo are considering making a Zelda spin-off starring Sheik.

https://mynintendonews.com/201...off-with-sheik/

That'd be so hype.
---
#1148 Posted: 00:23:42 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
That'd be really cool to see, not gonna lie.
---

#YangGang
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#1149 Posted: 03:29:54 17/06/2016
I've always liked the LoZ series but I've always just been watching from a distance and observing so I've never really gotten to play it. Do you guys have any recommendations for where to start? I've only got a Wii U so no Majora's Mask for me. (I'm really bad under a time crunch even if theres time travel of some kind iirc.)

About Breath of the Wild, it looks absolutely stunning. I've spent my day watching hours upon hours of it and honestly I could see myself getting immersed in this game for hours on end. Thankfully it comes out just as I'm finishing up school.
#1150 Posted: 03:52:51 17/06/2016
If you only have a Wii U, I'd recommend Twilight Princess, HD or otherwise.
---
First | Previous | Page 23 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me