Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
First | Page 2 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31
All-Purpose The Legend of Zelda Topic: Breath of The Wild 2 Announced!
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#51 Posted: 01:55:09 29/08/2013
ERMEGERSH

I sort of wish I didn't have a Wii U at the moment. Dangit that's an amazing deal. Awesome Gold/Black console, WWHD, Hyrule Historia.... If only Ganondorf could come with this.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5808
#52 Posted: 02:25:29 29/08/2013 | Topic Creator
It is a great bundle, but I really wish that it would come with a physical copy of the game (I don't really like downloaded copies because I prefer to have something I can actually hold in my hands and stare at), a physical copy of Hyrule Historia (same reason as with the game), and the Ganondorf figurine. They are both GameStop exclusives (the bundle and the Ganondorf figurine), so I don't see why they couldn't have just done this.

I'll still get the bundle, since I don't have a Wii U and this is a great deal, and pre-order the physical game, so I can get the Ganondorf figurine though.
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:33:52 29/08/2013 by Sesshomaru75
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#53 Posted: 03:13:07 29/08/2013
The WiiU bundle is not Gamestop Exclusive, and will be at retailers that carry video gaming merchandise, so count that as Gamestop, Target, and BestBuy, (Walmart's don't tend to carry limited edition bundles like these).
---
lmao just close your eyes
#54 Posted: 03:21:53 29/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
The Wii U bundle is not a GameStop exclusive, and will be at retailers that carry video gaming merchandise, so count that as GameStop, Target, and Best Buy.

Ah, I see. I was just basing it off of what the information I saw said.

They could still do it though. Simply include the Ganondorf figurine as a bonus. Done.
---
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1616
#55 Posted: 13:35:21 30/08/2013
Well, I'm not sure what LoZ game to move on to now. I really want to replay Skyward Sword, because it was so amazing, but at the same time, I feel like I should finish Link's Awakening before I move on to something else. I guess I'll do Link's Awakening
---
Hurrah!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4141
#56 Posted: 14:43:22 30/08/2013
Just rebeat the boss of Skyward Sword.
EDIT: Forgot to mention I completed the Skyloft Silent Realm in 1 try as well. They all took one try except Lanayru, which took 2. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:45:08 30/08/2013 by weebbby
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#57 Posted: 20:27:13 02/09/2013
Well I've been playing Wind Waker, and I've been trying to play Skyward Sword but I don't have Wii Motion Plus yet... which means, That's around $80 I paid for a LoZ game... it better be good.

I am SOOOO getting the LoZ themed WiiU!
[User Posted Image]
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
#58 Posted: 21:13:30 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I've been playing The Wind Waker for the past couple of days. Haven't gotten very far since I've been collecting figurines though.

Also, Skyward Sword is a great game. It's not my favorite, but it's really good. And why did you pay $80 for it? I only payed $40.
Did you get the bundle or something?
---
#59 Posted: 00:53:56 03/09/2013
Well, final boss in Link's Awakening. Jeez, this guy is actually tough. The other bosses were all so easy... Even with the blue suit that makes me take half damage, I still can't beat him. I will attempt again though!
---
Hurrah!
#60 Posted: 01:37:25 03/09/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
^ I've been playing The Wind Waker for the past couple of days. Haven't gotten very far since I've been collecting figurines though.

Also, Skyward Sword is a great game. It's not my favorite, but it's really good. And why did you pay $80 for it? I only payed $40.
Did you get the bundle or something?

I love the Wind Waker~

$50 for the game, $30 for the Wii Motion Plus.
---
Hero of Time~
#61 Posted: 01:42:17 03/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Storm Dragon
I love The Wind Waker~

I do too~

Then wouldn't you already have the Wii Motion Plus???? smilie
---
#62 Posted: 17:45:22 03/09/2013
Quote: Storm Dragon
I love The Wind Waker~

I do too~

Then wouldn't you already have the Wii Motion Plus???? smilie

I had to order it, and it hasn't come in yet :c
---
Hero of Time~
#63 Posted: 07:58:18 15/09/2013 | Topic Creator
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:20 15/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 3978
#64 Posted: 15:44:33 15/09/2013
I wanna play Wind Waker so badly...
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#65 Posted: 00:29:48 16/09/2013
Just preordered the download version from Gamestop! Will be downloading this at midnight! smilie
---
lmao just close your eyes
FeIix Green Sparx Gems: 224
#66 Posted: 02:45:55 16/09/2013
I don't know if people already knew this but Wind Waker HD is in fact re-orchestrated.

#67 Posted: 02:49:12 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Actually, it's re-mastered, not re-orchestrated. Some of the songs are the same as well from my understanding.
---
#68 Posted: 02:55:10 16/09/2013
^ Actually, it's re-mastered, not re-orchestrated. Some of the songs are the same as well from my understanding.

That's what I meant. And yeah some are the same.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:04 18/09/2013 by FeIix
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 8611
#69 Posted: 23:07:27 21/09/2013
I mean to ask A Link Between Worlds for Christmas. I already have every Zelda game to date (not including the CGi ones) and they are all terrific in their own way. The Wind Waker is not only my favorite Zelda game, but my favorite game overall. I was tempted to buy that special Wii U bundle, but I already have the game for GC and too many consoles. Not interested in the Wii U, but it's still quite tempting, considering there are many interested games to be released for it.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#70 Posted: 23:25:26 21/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm probably going to buy the Zelda Wii U bundle since I really want a Wii U and I think that it would be cool to have a Zelda-themed one as well.
Plus the price drop will make it easier to afford.

I'll also be buying The Wind Waker HD Ganondorf bundle, once it becomes available online, as it's currently unavailable for pre-order in North America. smilie
I do already have the Nintendo GameCube version, but the Wii U remake just looks so gorgeous. A little bright, but gorgeous none-the-less.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:33 21/09/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#71 Posted: 02:20:26 22/09/2013
^A little bright is right. I still prefer the original graphics. Too bright, just like in Ocarina of Time 3D. Though I must admit that the sea looks much more realistic in HD and the added features are awesome, especially that special sail that allows you to go faster. I wonder why they didn't thought of it right before it was released.
---
#72 Posted: 02:36:16 22/09/2013 | Topic Creator

Quote: Felines
Especially that special sail that allows you to go faster. I wonder why they didn't think of it right before it was released.

They did actually, but they decided against it since it takes time for the GameCube to load each section of the Great Sea and a faster sail would most likely crash the console. The Wii U can load the whole sea at once, so it's no longer a problem. That's why they have added it into the remake.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:40:33 15/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#73 Posted: 04:29:35 23/09/2013
Oh, now it makes sense. So there were many abandoned projects at that time. Like those mini-islands where you get the Iron Boots and the Gloves. Those were meant to be full dungeons, but they were made little due to how rushed they were for the game's release. Even with that, the game is still huge, with so many things to explore, and still a very awesome game despite the cuts they made to it smilie
---
#74 Posted: 22:15:00 11/10/2013 | Topic Creator
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:44:09 15/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#75 Posted: 04:03:10 12/10/2013
Wow, that trailer was SUPER. Now I really can't wait to get the game for Christmas. Love the graphics, the story looks pretty good, and the fact that you can turn into a drawing, that was a very creative strategy, very fresh and new. One little thing though... the game looks way too similar to A Link to the Past. I know it's a distant sequel, but it still does look way too similar, with the exception of a different story and different graphics, not to mention the character's counterparts.

And speaking of counterparts... the artwork of the villain, is that like... a female version of Ganondorf? smilie
If he has an other-dimension counterpart, just like Zelda, that means Link must have one too... though the end of the trailer suggests that maybe he in particular doesn't...
---
#76 Posted: 05:32:00 12/10/2013 | Topic Creator
And speaking of counterparts... The artwork of the villain, is that like... A female version of Ganondorf? smilie

It could possibly be, now that you mention it, but he/she could also be a different entity entirely.
I think some people have already pointed out the villain's similarities to Ganondorf though...

Some people have also pointed out the similarities between the new villain and Ghirahim.
That idea might seem a little far-fetched, but I can see where they are getting that Idea.

Other theories include that the new villain is Twinrova or Agahnim (the alter-ego of Ganon from A Link to The Past, which this game is a sequel to).

If he has an other-dimension counterpart, just like Zelda, that means Link must have one too... Though the end of the trailer suggests that maybe he in particular doesn't...

I thought that the end of the trailer actually suggested that Link has (or had) a Lorule equivalent? Or are you talking about the villain?

If you're talking about the villain, then that might actually go back to fact that the villain has some similarities to Ganondorf.
Perhaps he/she really is Lorule's equivalent to Ganondorf himself?
---
#77 Posted: 17:24:12 12/10/2013
It's true, the new villain does seems like a combination of Ghirahim and Ganondorf. I wonder if the people who worked on The Minish Cap also worked in this game... But anyway, that Twinrova theory is pretty good... still, I do believe the similarity is too much, so I''ll go with Ganondorf's counterpart.

And about the trailer, notice that Hilda points out that her land is in need of a hero, and she says at the end that "your Link is superb." So that must mean that Link doesn't have a counterpart, or if he has, he's not as heroic as him.
---
#78 Posted: 18:11:37 12/10/2013
I already dislike the appearance of the new villain. It looks like a deranged clown. But I won't judge the villain yet. I highly disliked Ghirahim at first, but I eventually grew to like him as the villain.
---
Hurrah!
#79 Posted: 18:33:18 12/10/2013
I gotta say I have a similar feeling, but like you, let's not judge the villain yet. Ghirahim was a great villain once you got to know him better, and I must say it was fun watching him develop from a flamboyant kind of gentleman to a brutal, egotistical murderer. I think the only problem I had was how similar his first appearance was too similar to Vaati from TMC. I know he was designed by the very people who designed Vaati in that game, but they could have made him a little more different. Just look at Demise, you can see that he is similar to Ganondorf, yet very different at the same time. That's just the thing they should have done with Ghirahim.
---
#80 Posted: 21:55:36 12/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I wonder if the people who worked on The Minish Cap also worked on this game...

It was actually Capcom who worked on The Minish Cap, but not on this game as far as I know...

And about the trailer, notice that Hilda points out that her land is in need of a hero, and she says at the end that "your Link is superb." So that must mean that Link doesn't have a counterpart, or if he has one, he's not as heroic as him.

No, I'm pretty sure that means that there is, or was, a Lorule equivalent to Link, but he either died or perhaps he's evil (Dark Link, maybe?).
Or perhaps he's just not quite as heroic as Hyrule's Link as you said...

Quote: BrutalBash101
I already dislike the appearance of the new villain. It looks like a deranged clown. But I won't judge the villain yet. I highly disliked Ghirahim at first, but I eventually grew to like him as the villain.

Although I'm still rather neutral towards Ghirahim and indifferent towards this new villain, the deranged clown kind of villain is my favorite kind.

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI is probably the best and most well known example.
That reminds me, this new villain kind of reminds me of Kefka because of the way it looks... Just coincidental though...

I think the only problem I had was how similar his first appearance was too similar to Vaati from TMC. I know he was designed by the very people who designed Vaati in that game, but they could have made him a little more different.

I actually really don't see the similarities between Ghirahim and Vaati to be honest...

They also did mention that their so called "similarities" are purely coincidental.
---
#81 Posted: 01:24:09 13/10/2013
Very solid points there. I wonder what this new villain's motives truly are. You see in the trailer that she use that drawing ability to avoid Link from attacking her. And when he's unconscious, she will probably taunt him or something, but will spare his life.

Speaking of that, that makes me notice that in most of the games, the antagonists, especially Ganondorf, have the opportunity to kill Link at some given moment while he is still too weak, and they spare his life. Of course, they have all underestimate him, and they realize it far too late.
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#82 Posted: 22:57:51 14/10/2013
Hilda looks interesting smilie Is she Zelda's evil clone/twin?
---
Wow
Such signature
#83 Posted: 00:27:07 15/10/2013
This is a must have.
#84 Posted: 01:19:18 15/10/2013 | Topic Creator
The new villain's name is Yuga and she has been confirmed to be female.

Quote: Yoshi
Hilda looks interesting smilie Is she Zelda's evil clone/twin?

She's isn't evil (as far as we know, at least), rather Lorule's (previously known as The Dark World) equivalent of Zelda.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:11 15/10/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#85 Posted: 16:13:46 15/10/2013
You know, I read somewhere that as the story develops, there will be painting, or something, that demonstrates Link's heroism from A Link to the Past, sort of like the Hero of Time's story is shown in The Wind Waker's prologue. I believe that is the only time we get to see Ganon, but still isn't enough to stop making me wonder if he will have much more to do with the story... I doubt it, since the game already has an antagonist...
---
#86 Posted: 19:56:09 15/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I believe that is the only time we get to see Ganon, but it still isn't enough to stop making me wonder if he will have much more to do with the story... I doubt it, since the game already has an antagonist...

Actually, apparently Yuga (who has now apparently been confirmed to be male, despite what I said earlier) is trying to

"gather the Seven Sages in order to free Ganon from his magical prison."

I actually kind of saw that coming to be honest... I mean, Ganon is in the trailer at 1:46 - 1:50 as the large shadowy demonic figure in the strange realm...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:42 15/10/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#87 Posted: 01:23:56 16/10/2013
So Yuga is now male? Sheesh, whatever your sources are, tell them to make up their minds. Anyway, so that is the antagonist's intentions... it feels weird saying this, but I kinda expected that. I mean, isn't that what happened to Skyward Sword? I guess A Link Between Worlds is getting into that same road. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to fight Yuga and then a recently released Ganon. Deja vu again?
---
#88 Posted: 00:43:33 25/10/2013
I wish this topic got more attention. I know we have a somewhat large amount of LoZ fans here.
---
Hurrah!
#89 Posted: 03:29:21 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I wish this topic got more attention. I know we have a somewhat large amount of LoZ fans here.

I wish it would too.
---
Snake Eyes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#90 Posted: 19:41:10 27/10/2013
Okay, so you know how in A Link Between Worlds that rabbit-like thing sells you items? Well, my theory is that that is the Link from Link to the Past. Like, he lost the Moon Pearl so he was stuck in that rabbit form, and in the Dark World, Link didn't age, so he was stuck like that. And eventually, Ganon came back, turned it back into the Dark World, and Link sells his old items to the new hero.

SCIENCE
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2570
#91 Posted: 19:45:32 27/10/2013
If Lorule is the opposite of Hyrule
Why is it princess Hilda and not prince Hilda?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6170
#92 Posted: 00:34:19 01/11/2013
My brother bought Wind Waker HD today. I've been playing it, and it's glorious.

I never finished the original (in fact, I seem to have this curse that has prevented me from completing ANY 3D Zelda). But, it always was the 3D Zelda I enjoyed most. This HD version DEFINITELY makes it my favourite, and I will complete this one.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
#93 Posted: 01:38:19 01/11/2013 | Topic Creator
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:18 15/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#94 Posted: 01:32:12 02/11/2013
^Looks challenging. The dungeons look very familiar, yet very different at the same time. Oh but let's face it, every Zelda game feels those ways smilie

It's true. there are many fans here, but I believe most users are either leaving DarkSpyro or just going through long absences. I should know, many of my friends have gone through both.

Quote: hardcoreignitor
If Lorule is the opposite of Hyrule
Why is it princess Hilda and not prince Hilda?

Just because it's opposite doesn't mean the gender has to too. Look at Yuga, he must be Ganon's opposite, and it's not the opposite gender, though I think many still believe the contrary smilie
---
#95 Posted: 18:55:50 13/11/2013 | Topic Creator

Guess who's back, back again.
Ganon's back, tell a friend~
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:49 15/11/2013 by Sesshomaru75
#96 Posted: 12:45:08 14/11/2013
Woah, you were right. And the spoiler you typed below wasn't the only one. It's alright, I don't mind spoilers. I have grown used to Nintendo putting major spoilers in their trailers. Good strategy though. It makes you more anxious and/or curious to play the game. And hey, one of my favorite characters makes a return, and finally this time, helps Link around smilie
---
#97 Posted: 13:11:27 14/11/2013
So am I the only one who thinks the Shadow Link battles are the best use of StreetPass to date?
---
#98 Posted: 13:19:54 14/11/2013
... So that means that Shadow Link is not in the main story? Only as a StreetPass character? That is one of the questions I asked myself when I saw the trailer smilie
---
#99 Posted: 14:12:05 14/11/2013
... So that means that Shadow Link is not in the main story? Only as a StreetPass character? That is one of the questions I asked myself when I saw the trailer smilie

You can customise your own Shadow Link with weapons and send it out via StreetPass. The bounty players receive from your Shadow Link is dependent on the weapons you use, and the amount of hearts it has.
---
#100 Posted: 14:29:55 14/11/2013
Nice addition there. So Shadow Link won't be in the main story, correct?
---
First | Page 2 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me