Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > Wise advice an tips on art
Page 1 of 1
Wise advice an tips on art [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 20:05:58 02/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello, and welcome to the art advice center. Today we'll be talking about advice that might just might improve your art or help you over come certain obstacles. Shall we began?

Wings
Wings can be quite difficult sometimes. But, it depends on what type of wings you are going for too. Let me explain. If you are drawing bat/dragon wings please take note that they are like our hands as you can see in this picture.
[User Posted Image]
Since they are stretched out fingers they should be easier to draw than bird and insect wing.
Bird wings and feathers are rather a butt to draw sometimes. Luckily for you there's anatomy on your side for them. hopefully this image might help you out.
[User Posted Image]
Insect wings they seem to be simple but, if you take a closer look at them, they can be quite trouble. So, here's a image on a type of insect wing.
[User Posted Image]
You should look up a lot o other insect wings, because they can help you when drawing fairies and other insect winged creatures.

(To be continued with the rest)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 20:08:14 02/06/2013
i Always draw dragon wings , this helps alot thanks!
#3 Posted: 20:41:04 02/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
i Always draw dragon wings , this helps alot thanks!

You're welcome.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 15:21:41 03/06/2013
smilie
yay !
#5 Posted: 17:10:40 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Alrighty oh. Lets continue, shall we?

Feet/footing
You know that moment where you can't draw certain types of feet and yet have trouble on them, well you are not alone, plenty of users had the very same trouble too.

Paws
Canine/Wolf paws
We all have those practice runs with drawing dog and wolf paws, because everyone likes wolves and dogs. So here's a little picture that might help you guys, in case you don't already do that.
[User Posted Image]
Cat/Feline paws
Very different from the common paws people do. Because, retractable claws are a pain sometimes.
[User Posted Image]

Hooves
Cloven hoof
You are probably thinking "wait there's different types of hooves?" or "What's a hoof?", well hooves are the footing of a lot of herbivores. Such as horses, deer, moose, and goats. And Cloven hooves are found on quite a bit of herbivores. Sadly there's no drawn out tutorials of this hoof.
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
2 images for a good view.
---
icon from Empoh
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#6 Posted: 17:16:58 08/06/2013
Wings AND paws.

All I need is here. :3
#7 Posted: 17:21:41 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I was also gonna do, Horns, anthros, and tails.
---
icon from Empoh
#8 Posted: 19:32:08 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
These are very helpful!

Glad to hear.
---
icon from Empoh
#9 Posted: 22:25:03 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you shorty.

Now for the tricky feet.

Talons/bird feet
These guys are the tricky devils of the feet, unless you practice drawing birds far often than most others. There's different types of bird feet/footing You just need to look up the bird's foot and you got it.
Webbed
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/320...ot_32032_lg.gif

Small birds
[User Posted Image]

Bird of prey
[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:20 22/06/2013 by Trix Master 100
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 10:45:36 29/06/2013
thx for the tips
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me