Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting)
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting) [CLOSED]
SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#1 Posted: 03:07:29 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
It's just a normal day for you. You wake up, go about you're routine, and decide to take a tour outside. As you wander about, a strange noise pricks your curiousity. You hear the sound of a wounded animal coming from the bushes. For whatever reason or another, you feel compelled to approach the bush and try to find the animal.

Instead, you suddenly slam into the ground. There's something on top of you, wrestling you and trying to keep you down. There are strange figures standing before you, and you can't quite make out what they look like. You feel panic, fear...anger.

Suddenly, things get even stranger. A black, liquid-like mass is lazily flowing across the ground toward you. It slows until it's a foot away, at which it rises from the ground and a shimmering wave of green ripples over it. Somehow, this thing causes even more panic within you, and you struggle harder. The thing springs forward, and you can feel a strange, tingling sensation as the liquid creature slips around your neck. You try to yell out, but your vision goes blurry, and you can't even hear your own screaming.

You wake up later, seeing darkness everywhere. Your eyes adjust, and you see that you're in a cell, the grimy bars almost the same color as the dirt floor you're laying on. You reach up to your neck, and your heart sinks. A small bit of the creature from earlier is now encircled on your neck, and you can't help but feel trapped.

Many universes and dimensions exist among the expanse of space and time.

In the center of this web of worlds lies a small chunk of earth, floating among the clouds. This little plot of matter holds the web of time and space together, each little thread of the realms beyond it is tied to edges of it. Perhaps this is how it's held upright and in place without rotation.

In the middle of this land is an enormous colosseum. Millions of creatures travel from across time and space to witness the great battles that occur here every hour of every day. The colosseum itself is infused with the ancient magic and perfected science of existence. This allows for a protective dome to form around it, and for that dome to project a new setting for each battle.

The head of the colosseum is unknown, but the workers and guards consist of human or humanoid creatures. They have a dry sense of humor, and prefer not to converse with the "tourists". They have, however, allowed the construction of many shops and restaurants in the land surrounding the colosseum, of which they take 10% of their yearly profits.

Beneath the colosseum may just be more interesting than the surface.

Under the shining, polished stones of the inter-dimensional structure is a harsh polar opposite. It's dark, damp, and full of small cells that home the creatures who are forced to fight each other and their humanoid captors. They all started out a nice enough life (though some of them have had a horrible existence), until one day being ambushed by strange creatures they've never seen. The next thing they know, they wake up in a cell with a strange collar-like thing around their neck. How they choose to handle their situation is up to them.

Will you obey for the rest of your days? Or will you team up with your fellow prisoners and fight for your freedom?

Rules:

1) You cannot have a humanoid character unless it's something that's barely classified as "humanoid". For example, if you have a creature that walks on two legs and has arms, but is very fish like and isn't much like a human, then that's fine.

2) The collar is very important. The purpose of the collar is to restrain a creature if they try to struggle against the humanoids. The collar numbs the senses of the creature (temporary blindness, deafness, and makes it so you can't communicate properly) by latching onto the wearers central nervous system, then snaking up to its brain. Each time the collar activates, a small bit of it stays inside of the brain, corroding it. If the collar is activated several times (as in more than 50), the wearer can lose their sense of self, or their "humanity". They will slowly lose their ability to speak, and become more "animalistic". This causes fear for the creatures, so many do not fight back. However, the humanoid guards will sometimes torment creatures to the point where they snap, just so the collar will activate. Some of the prisoners are so afraid of what the collar can do, that they go insane. You cannot remove the collar.

3) Violence is allowed, as this is an RP where characters will be fighting each other, usually to the death. However, you have to fight fair. This means no automatic hits, and no infinite dodging. And no killing a character without my and the characters owners consent.

4) I strongly encourage multiple characters, especially if you wanna kill one off.

5) No over-powered characters/god-modding.

6) Please post in complete sentences.

7) Your character doesn't have to be nice. This is a low-class prison, not everyone's going to take it with rainbows and flower petals.

Map of the "Basement":

[User Posted Image]

(Pay attention to this map for when I assign your character their cell.)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:41:02 30/05/2013 by SolemnWhisper
#2 Posted: 03:07:44 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Character Sheet:

Name:
Age: (doesn't have to be years, can be physical maturity)
Appearance: (describe or image LINK)
Where/When are they from?:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other: (include how long they've been here)

My Characters:

Name: Belle
Appearance: A lamb-like faun. She has golden, chin length curls, large blue eyes, a small pointed nose, and peach lips. She has fair skin, and a few light freckles on her face and shoulders. She wears a long blue blouse, and has soft lamb wool that starts at her stomach and goes down to her cloven hooves. Her sheep's tail is short, and is a little on the fluffier side. Her appearance is obviously pretty rough considering her newer living conditions.
Where/When are they from?: She's from an alternate universe of medieval Earth, where fauns are the dominant and diverse race instead of humans.
Personality: Has become quiet and distant during her time here, but slowly opens up into her old, bubbly self when talking with those who show her kindness.
Strengths: Quick and agile. She's also quite good at whittling weapons from stones and wood.
Weaknesses: Lack of strength, definitely on the smaller and fragile side.
Other: Has been here for a little more than a year.

Name: Unknown
Appearance: Has two main forms: a gaseous black cloud-like mass, or a more tar-like mass. While in either form, can also shift to blend in with someones shadow, or to mirror the silhouette of a creature. Sometimes has a shimmering wave of green roll over it, the closest thing it does to showing emotion.
Where/When are they from?: Has been in the realm of the colosseum since the beginning of time.
Personality: Merciless.
Strengths: All of the humanoids serve this creature, as it captures and keeps the prisoners in check. Is the creature that has created all of the collars from itself.
Weaknesses: Unknown smilie
Other: Been here foreeeever.

Name: Rain
Appearance: A light orange-peach dragoness. Her horns are curved and glimmering white. She comes from a unique line of dragons that possess crystal-like dragonfly wings. Her eyes are bright green. Her tongue is long and forked, and she has a slightly serpentine build. Her legs seem a little short for her thin, longish body, but they're strong enough for her. Has cinnamon colored fins going down her back.
Where/When are they from?: From a fantastic world with a rich, unharmed environment. Humanoid creatures do not exist in her world.
Personality: A bit hot-headed and has a bit of a temper. She hides her fear of this new world under her pride, and uses insults as a self defense. Quite kind and insecure underneath it all.
Strengths: Ironic to her name, she is a fire dragon. She can breath fire, and her wings also burst into flames when she takes flight, sending off small waves of fire with each beat of her wings.
Weaknesses: Physically weak, and because of her body type she sometimes can't get out of the way of an attack.
Other: She has been here for almost a week.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 05:49:18 28/05/2013 by SolemnWhisper
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#3 Posted: 15:50:04 25/05/2013
Name: Junak
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8uuP...r-wikia-com.jpg
Where/When are they from?: Junak is from another universe where fantasies are real. He comes from Ancient Greece in that universe.
Personality: Quiet, neutral, aggressive when provoked.
Strengths: Extremely strong and can jump high. Can manipulate the ground below him to his advantage
Weaknesses: Slow movement and average speed attacks.
Other: Has been here for a few days.

Name: Suidune
Appearence: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs7...art-d4r9upy.png credit to artist.
Where/When are they from?: From a different planet with 90% water and 10% land.
Personality: Hyper, courageous.
Strengths: Quick and agile, most powerful in underwater environments, quick attacks
Weaknesses: Attacks aren't very strong, very weak in extremely dry environments.
Other: Has been here for 2 years.

I have a question... Will the colosseum change environments? I think it would be very cool if it did and be beneficial and not beneficial to some characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:40 25/05/2013 by IAmSpyro123
#4 Posted: 16:37:04 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted, your characters look cool! Yes, the colosseum will change physical environments, I tried to word it right here:

Quote: SolemnWhisper
The colosseum itself is infused with the ancient magic and perfected science of existence. This allows for a protective dome to form around it, and for that dome to project a new setting for each battle.

But for some reason the word "environment" escaped me ^^;
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#5 Posted: 16:42:47 25/05/2013
OOC: Thanks! I thought new setting meant like different times smilie sorry.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#6 Posted: 21:26:20 25/05/2013
ooc: I have a question. I know you said that you can't have a humanoid creature that resembles a human. But I have a weretiger character that I would love to use here. Could this collar of yours perhaps restrict from shifting to her human form, and instead keep her in her anthro tiger form, or only allow a form change to her feral tiger form? If it's allowed, I'd like to use her, but I understand that you don't want something to resemble a human.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#7 Posted: 23:49:42 25/05/2013
Name: Shadow
Appearance: Image
Where/When are they from?: Dragon Realms, A few miles outside Warfang, years after Malefor was defeated
Personality: Often kind, lighthearted, and honest, but after being here for a while she has become Glum and bored
Strengths: Quick and intelligent, Shadow and Electric elements
Weaknesses: Slightly below average physical strength, short temper
Other: Knows weak magic (Can conjure small fireballs and heal surface wounds such as cuts, scrapes, and bruises(magic take up some of her energy, if she does to much of a consuming spell, it kills her...)) Been about a few months since she was captured.

Name: Wave
Appearance: Image
Where/When are they from?: Dragon Realms, Warfang years after Malefor was defeated
Personality: Shy and Kind, despite being captured. Protective of his friends and family.
Strengths: Water and Scald (Hot Water) elements, Inteligence
Weaknesses: Bit of a coward, slow, sluggish
Other: Crush on Shadow (<3), Captured a few days after Shadow, So a few months

If possible, Could I have Shadow and Wave in the same Cell, or next to each other?
I also may add another character.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:06:39 26/05/2013 by miniquiny999
#8 Posted: 05:27:15 26/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Cynder09, that's totally fine with me!

miniquiny, you don't have anything written for their appearance, so I can't accept your characters.
#9 Posted: 13:08:12 26/05/2013
Erm, sorry I forgot once again That I have to acutually put the code XP.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
#10 Posted: 01:13:16 27/05/2013
ooc: Okay, cool. I'll work on a character sheet then. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Name: Nadia

Appearance: http://shadowp09.deviantart.co...r-eyes-32536997

Her human form is about 5'8 in height, and she is fairly muscular. She has jet black hair that she keeps in a raised pony tail, and indigo blue eyes. She wears a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, black leather pants, and black leather steel-toed boots. Her animal form is simply a Siberian tiger with blue eyes.

Where/When are they from?: She comes from a world that is very similar to modern day Earth, except this world is home to several different species of werecreatures and vampcreatures. The two races wage war against each other.

Personality: Nadia has a very short temper and a violent, aggressive nature. She is quick to pick fights with anyone that annoys her, and has the confidence to believe she will win every time. She is very determined and stubborn, refusing to give up a fight until the bitter end. She is independent, and typically doesn't get along with others or even enjoys their company. However, if her friendship can be earned, she can be highly loyal and protective of those she cares about.

Strengths: She has great strength, as well as good speed and agility. She has acute senses, and is great at tracking down prey.

Weaknesses: She does not always have control over her own behavior and actions, because of her temper. She tends to be rather reckless and impulsive.

Other: She has only been here a few days. Because of the collar, she is unable to shift to her human form, but can still use her hybrid and feral forms. An easy way to tell if she has lost control and entered a rage state is her eyes. If in a normal state, her eyes will be blue, their usual color. If she has lost control, then her eyes will change to yellow, like that of a tiger.

Edit: Done with my character sheet. I may add more later. Not sure, though.

*Credit to original artist for the picture.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:26:38 27/05/2013 by Cynder09
#11 Posted: 01:57:14 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: mini, accepted.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#12 Posted: 03:10:14 27/05/2013
OOC: Lemmy, this is just the RP I was waiting for! Genius work, once again! smilie
Oh, and let me know if you have a problem with the high-tech-ness of my character, 'cause I'm not sure how you'll take to him. Also, if you really want me to, I'll think of a second character.
And one more thing: are the characters stripped of their weapons and armor when in their cells? If so, do they get it back when fighting?

Name: Pehcook(Peh-COO-ck)
Appearance: *enter annoyingly long paragraphs about said species* They are referred to as "Chorihz", or "Chooks"(preferably the first one, as the second one is both unfitting and stupid) They are quadrupeds(four-legged) with green skin(belly is green-blue, back is a deeper forest green, sides are bright green), short tails, and long necks. Their head looks like a rectangular-prism connected to a sphere(the rectangle being a snout) with two big eyes. Square-shaped nostrils are at the snout-end, and they have cow-like teeth. Antenna-like "ears", and a mane(usually short) beginning between the eyes and ending at the shoulders. Each foot has four toes and two opposable thumbs(which are all rectangular-shaped). The tips of all the digits are slitted, holding retractable blades. The back feet are smaller than the front feet(which are considerably large). The tail(also rectangular) has sharp spikes and tufts of fur.
As for Pehcook himself, he's 9'6 feet, scrawnier than most males(but not like twig-scrawny), possesses a stumpy teal mane, and has teal eyes. There are small scars across his body that are difficult to detect which come from a past case of "Chorihzian Acne". Also, he has an overbite problem(otherwise known as "buck teeth"). He wears a lime green spandex suit that covers his legs, most of his neck, and some of his tail. There's a black belt around his waist and shoulders that holds a dual-rocket jet pack on his back(activated by a red button on the chest area of his suit). His front feet have black gloves(the tips are cut off), and he wears a silvery helmet that covers his head and the top of his snout(it hides his oversize front teeth). An antenna with a bright blue tip protrudes from his helmet.
Where/When are they from?: Planet Splahbertahm, a few years past Earth's 2010's.
Personality: Pehcook's personality is rather mixed, when you get to know him; he isn't a stereotypical Hero. He's friendly and quite modest, and he'll easily trust anyone. This makes him a trusty, loyal companion, who takes his responsibilities very seriously and with pride. Pehcook can overcome small fears, and when it comes to bringing justice, he focuses on what needs to be done. However, his personality has many negative traits. Pehcook's nature to constantly justify can easily cause him to become angry when he sees an innocent suffering. His mental processing is slow, so he has a short attention span, and sometimes he can't understand what's being said to him. Basically, although he may be an honorable Chorihzian Hero, he isn't... well... let's just say that he isn't the brightest star in the galaxy. As long as he can remember, he has been teased relentlessly by others due to his stature, physique, and slow mental capabilities. Such verbal abuse has taken its toll on his self-consciousness; Pehcook is easily embarrassed. If a negative aspect is mentioned about him, he becomes very self-conscious.
Also, he isn't used to receiving much praise. So if he gets complimented, he becomes shy. I guess one way or another you'll embarrass him.
*Most of his strengths and weaknesses are directly related to his personality.
Strengths: Pehcook's willpower and friendly attitude are a plus, and his justifying nature helps him get the job done. He can sustain in battle for long periods of time. Average strength and agility. His jet pack possesses retractable, metal wings, allowing proper maneuvering during flight. And let's not forget those retractable blades all Chorihzians come with.
Weaknesses: His slow mental capabilities are often his downfall. Even though he tries to focus on the task ahead, he's easily distracted. His understanding of things can be ignorant, naive, and rather(I dare say it) stupid. Pehcook's low attention span causes him to not pay much attention to his surroundings, making him a bit of a klutz.
Even though he's friendly, he's a terrible negotiator, as he's easily brought to discomfort with mockery and praise. Also, he can be angered very quickly and easily when there's great injustice.
Pehcook is also brought down by his inability to swim. This causes him to have terrible hydrophobia(which he is very embarrassed about). The fuel for his jet pack is limited, and he probably won't get it recharged much at the Colosseum.
Other: The Chorihz is a space-faring race(home planet is "Splahbertahm"), and are known for their “noble acts and deeds”, like a futuristic “Round Table”. The females are smaller(8 ft.) and are given less education then the males(12 ft.). "Heroes" are the best known Chorizihans, and are the ones who do missions, save damsels in distress, and are generally just heroic. However, "Hero" is just a job(or a instant ticket to celebrity), and they're few who do this for the "greater good". Noble Breeding is practically ignored here; the most respected Chorihzians are the more talented, handsome ones. Ill, ugly, or awkward individuals are left with fewer rights in the Code. Ones born with these unfortunate traits are called "Runts".
Pehcook is a Runt who was abandoned by his parents at a very young age. He managed to survive on the streets up to his late adolescence, followed by a few life-changing events that led to him meeting the two most important Chorihzians in his life: Ahtehck and Dehstaht. These two are part of a Chorhizian Elite Force(the "Heroes"), and they-- seeing past his Runthood and detecting potential-- trained him into one of the most honored Chorihzian Heroes known to the local society of his home galaxy. Despite this, his Runthood is kept a secret; the Chorihz can be a cold, merciless race at times.
He just arrived at the Colosseum.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:22:12 03/06/2013 by Waaksian
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#13 Posted: 03:57:34 27/05/2013
Name: Calti
Appearance: [IMAGE]; Dragon (Credit to original artist)
Where/When are they from?: the "Freedom For Dragons" universe; land w/ dragons, vampires, and possibly humans
Personality: Kind and laid back; used to collars and captivity
Strengths: He would normally have telepathic abilities* and the ability to manipulate one's mind*. That besides, he's good with fire (his main element) as well as with his claws.
Weaknesses: Due to the collar* blocking his telepathic abilities, he feels almost lost in a way and slightly weakened. Due to both this and his captive past, he has noticeably less urge to escape then one normally would. His fur coat (rather then scales) also makes him weaker to physical weapons.
Other: He was captured a couple years after escaping from his previous captors (vamps) and has been here about a month. Read the story here for more concerning his pre-vamp past. In short, his parents were slaughtered by humans and he has spent almost his entire life in captivity of some sort.

Name: Darin
Appearance: [IMAGE]; Gryphon (Credit to CinderLover)
Where/When are they from?: "Perilous Journey" universe; land w/ mostly wildlife and small villages
Personality: He is quite loyal to his friends. He can be brave when he needs to, but tends to be cautious around new people. This especially applies to humans. Also... he enjoys freedom very much.
Strengths: He would normally have the ability to shift* to and from his Elven form. That besides... he's quite skilled with his claws and makes a good hunter/tracker. He's also comfortable for serving as the occasional mount for those he befriends. While flying, he can hold two people at most and can be quite swift.** The forest/woods could be considered his natural habitat and thus could possibly give him an advantage.
Weaknesses: The collar* prevents him from shifting to his Elven form and thus the benefits that would normally bring (bow for instance). He is also fearful of being caged and processes a slight grudge towards humans in general. If used as an mount, his speed** is lessened. He's fastest without a rider, decent with just one rider, and slightly slower with two riders. The exact amount of speed lost would depend on the total weight, but he absolutely could not fly with three or more riders. Some of the peripheral vision in his left eye is also lost due to a certain injury. This could be used against him if one knew.
Other: He was captured while hunting one day and has only recently arrived. Those who participated in Perilous Journey should remember him. In short, he was raised by gryphons whom were later killed by humans. He was given his scar, caged, and would have been sold into slavery had the nearby Half-elves not intervened. When they brought him to their village, they managed to trigger his elven form... a form long lost to him. From that moment, he knew his true potential and they continued raising in their ways. He has the knowledge and skills of both kind, though he prefers his gryphon form if given a choice. Click here for more concerning his history.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 20 times - Last edited at 03:07:51 09/06/2013 by redwes
#14 Posted: 05:09:27 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: All accepted! smilie Glad to see you guys like it so far, I hope more people do too!

Waak, you don't have to make a second character, I just always encourage it in case you get stuck or something. All weapons and armor are confiscated at capture. (Bolding so people will see it.) All weapons and armor are kept in a storage closet of sorts on the way up from the basement *wink wink*, and are not given back to those who own them. The humanoids either keep the weapons to test them out, or simply out of fear of what the owners could do with them.
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#15 Posted: 05:32:15 27/05/2013
ooc: Joining later.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#16 Posted: 05:36:40 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Awesome!
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#17 Posted: 12:05:24 27/05/2013
Character Sheet:

Name: Heiwa
Appearance: she is a cross between a wolf, tiger, and dragon. Her body is completely wolf, and very slim, but fluffy, especially on the tail and her neck. Her eyes are an emerald green. Her fur is a Mohagony colour, with a white muzzle and underbelly. She has the stripes of a tiger, but these stripes are a sky blue colour. The stripes around her face are not the same design as tiger stripes, but just tear stripes under eyes (triangle shaped stripe from the bottom eyelid down to the jaw), and a boomerang shaped stripe above her eyes. Being part dragon, she also has dragon wings sprouting from her back, giving her the ability to fly. The webbing is the same colour as her stripes. Her claws are black, but being par tiger she can make her claws longer with the same mechanism as a tiger retracting its claws. Her canines are two inches long. She is larger than the average wolf, much larger
Where/When are they from?: she is from a fantasy land, where there are many floating islands above the main land, known for its strange creatures
Personality: She is enthusiastic, optimistic, and adventurous, loving freedom. If an unknown situations confronts her, she can stay calm and think to get herself out of the situation, but if it won't move for her, she will bully her way through it. Her determination keeps her running, and won't stop until her mission is accomplished, which can also make her stubborn, and refuse to follow rules that she believes doesn't make sense, and will keep asking "why." Loyal and honest, this honesty can make her yell remarks without thinking, thus offending others, but she still lies when she feels the need to, and when she Does she is a very good actress, hiding her true emotions. Finding it the only way to get attention, she has a tendency to Get arrogant. Hot headed, she easily gets provoked and will trash talk first. If things don't change, she will go the physical route. thinks logically, making her rather intelligent, she hates complainers, and can adapt to different situations. She has a hard time trusting others, esspecially with objects and secrets. When first met, she is a bit quiet, but when talked to she begins showing her true colors
Strengths: good flier, accurate and strong attacks. Can use the environment to her advantage. Can breath fire. She has a wide knowledge about creatures, plants, and medical care. Stealthy. her dragon counterpart makes her fireproof.
Weaknesses: low defense, she can use her wings for it, but wants to keep her wings safe from harm. Her loyalty can be used against her. React first think later basis doesn't always work best. Prefers fighting in large areas rather than tight spaces. she tends to be a dreamer, and can easily get off focus if she gets bored. Low stamina. Hates bright lights
Other: she is very fond of music, and during free times she can be heard softly howling to her self, in a sad manner. She has been here for two weeks now.
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:15:37 01/06/2013 by Stealthelfrocks
#18 Posted: 14:10:30 27/05/2013
OOC: Ah, I see. I might add a character later in the RP, but until then, one's good enough for me.
As for all your armor and weapons getting confiscated, I just got the image that Pehcook would press the red button on his suit in mid-battle, and his jet pack would fly around and appear to chase a captor in the basement. smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#19 Posted: 14:37:49 27/05/2013
Name: Blaze
Appearance: Blaze is a medium sized phoenix. His eyes were a fiery red. He used to have bright red feathers that, as they went out, turned orange than yellow. He had a darker shade of yellow his beak and legs and sharp, white talons. His tail was mostly orange and yellow feathers. Now that he has been captured, his feathers are now dull, almost lifeless. His talons are left to stubs. His once blazing eyes are now black in defeat. His beak has a long scar that extends from the tip to the edge of his right eye. His beak and legs are now a dull yellow.
Where/When are they from?: Blaze is from a world where volcanoes are littered everywhere and fire rules over everything. You would be lucky to find anything not of fire living. The world only held two Phoenix, his mother and him. There were millions of fire elementals as well as other fire creatures.
Personality: Blaze once had a care-free attitude. he would chase butterflys and run around for no apparent reason. He was always friendly and kind to everyone. 2 years after he was captured, that all went away. He was a very grouchy person. He got annoyed by the slightest of actions, earning him many blackouts. He always caused trouble in the cells. Now, after 6 years, he has lost his mind. He was declared insane, but they still kept him. He now talks to himself often, actually holding a conversation with himself for over 4 days! Some think that he's playing a trick to get out, while others think he lost his marbles.
Strengths: His wings, with all the wear and damage, can still earn him the title as one of the best fliers. He can breathe fire. When focused, he can formulate a plan that the opponent can not see coming. He can also let off the impression that he is dumber than a doorknob, feeding the opponent a false sense of security.
Weaknesses: He focuses very rarely. He trips over his own four feet, not stealthy at all, and likes to chase birds and other small flying creatures. Also, he's insane so he can not be trusted for directions or anything that needs thinking.
Other: Being a male Phoenix, he was always thought special by everyone. He was even more famous as his mother was still alive. Usually there was only one phoenix alive at a time. He has been at the Colosseum for 6 years.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:59:40 27/05/2013 by DragonCamo
#20 Posted: 19:36:49 27/05/2013
OOC: RED! HAI!
---
#21 Posted: 19:40:24 27/05/2013
OOC: Hey there! smilie I love your avatar by the way.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:16:12 27/05/2013 by redwes
#22 Posted: 20:49:38 27/05/2013
ooc: Well, I might as well join. Hello again lems. :3

Name: Shard

Appearance: (Credit to artist) Wolf Form (sorry for bad quality)

Where/When are they from?: The same universe that Nadia comes from. Actually, he's a hired assassin in that world, for however he can get money and raw materials.

Personality: Loner type mentality, who doesn't like to dabble in philosophy and motives but rather fights for fighting purposes unless it involves someone or something he cares about. Indifferent to death.

Strengths: His combat style is very traditionalized and very uncommon, allowing him to confuse his foes with a series of short movements of great effectiveness and rarely will he ever use anything considered norm. He knows the body, it's weak points and how to use his body to fight at the maximum potential. His shifts are smooth so he can easily change form and style for some nasty tricks.

Weaknesses: He knows his limits. In terms of raw strength, speed, and defense, he's lacking when facing a bunch of superhuman monsters. He has to rely mainly on his skill, reflexes, and senses to win him through the battles to come. Also, he'd much rather have some sort of weapon than hand-to-hand combat.

Other: Has been in the Colosseum about the same time as Nadia has, yet he doesn't know she's there. Shard has made exchanges with Nadia before for different things, but nothing beyond that. Since he can't go back to his 'almost'-human form in which he still has ears and a tail, he's resorted to his halfling forme as well as his normal dire-wolf forme.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:31 28/05/2013 by Dragon-outcast
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#23 Posted: 21:42:16 27/05/2013
Name: Do'Giarah
Appearance: Humanoid cat (Sorry, the best way I can describe him.) Light brown, red stripes on his face and neck, long tail, yellow eyes, whiskers. Wears a white robe with a red hood.
Where/When are they from?: He is from the continent of Tamriel. He was born in the tropical desert land of Elsweyr. After his parents were killed when he was just a teen he came to the tundra-like land of Skyrim.
Personality: Religious, tries to be peaceful but can break someone's neck if he has to. Tries to compromise with words first before he fights.
Strengths: He's really physically fit, able to go for a long time without rest, food or water. He is great at hand to hand combat. He knows defensive magic as well as healing spells.
Weaknesses: Physical weapons.
Other: He's been here for a month.
#24 Posted: 22:39:32 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Stealthelfrocks and DragonCamo (I like that your character is crazy!) are accepted!

It's nice to be RPing with you again D-o, is there anyway that you could provide a picture of his less human like self? If not, that's okay, you're accepted either way!

Torok, you need to make your character less "humanoid", especially since you used that term for your description. After you make some slight changes to define a thicker line between your character and a regular humanoid cat, then you'll be accepted.

Alright everyone, I just need to doodle up a quick floor plan of the colosseum basement, and then we can start! This won't be happening until a few hours from now though.
#25 Posted: 23:03:55 27/05/2013
I'm sorry for not finding a better term for it. He's not a cross between human and cat though. He's just a six foot tall cat that stands on two legs.
#26 Posted: 23:06:34 27/05/2013
OOC: I think the term you're looking for is "bipedal".
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#27 Posted: 23:07:34 27/05/2013
Name:Jack
Appearence: Jack is a ent. He has vines as hair. He a beard made out moss. Gray eyes, 50 feet tall, his bark is very dark brown,
Personality:,kind,peaceful but if someone attacks he will fight back.Over Protective
strengths: Strong , but calls himself weak. He has a lot of self confindence
Weakness: His weakness is fire.
Other: When Jack was only 8 his parents burned down.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:22:45 29/05/2013 by slambam104
#28 Posted: 23:11:19 27/05/2013
Quote: Waaksian
OOC: I think the term you're looking for is "bipedal".

Yes, yes that's it.
#29 Posted: 23:21:06 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Ah, okay, that's better! You're in torok.
slambam, you should really add more to your sheet. Especially since I have no clue what an "ent" is.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#30 Posted: 23:37:56 27/05/2013
slambam, you should really add more to your sheet. Especially since I have no clue what an "ent" is.

A ent is a living tree. And I will add more to my charecter sheet if I need to.
#31 Posted: 00:02:00 28/05/2013
Quote: slambam104

I had always thought that a living tree was called a treent.
---
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#32 Posted: 01:27:35 28/05/2013
Ooc: you do realize all trees are living
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#33 Posted: 01:28:55 28/05/2013
OOC: I believe "animated" or "walking" is the word you're looking for. smilie
---
#34 Posted: 05:35:52 28/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC:

Quote: slambam104

Yes, you do need to.

Everyone else, I'll be posting the map of the basement in the first post.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#35 Posted: 19:01:35 28/05/2013
ooc: kk.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#36 Posted: 22:06:41 28/05/2013
Name: Laneleh (Pronounced Lahn-ee-luh)
Actuality - 93 (Died at 73)
Appearance: Appears most commonly as a spectre, her face and hair never changing.
Dark grey skin, with long, wavy silver hair. Her eyes glow orange. Has a fairly long, slender neck. Considered to be very pretty. When walking, appears with a floor-length blue dress with black and silver trim. Her 'blood' is silvery blue. Very faintly translucent, hardly noticeable. Unknown what exactly her legs and feet look like, but apparently they aren't 'human-like' (Hint: They're avian).
Spectre
Dress
Where/When are they from?: A world with both 'real' creatures and fantasy creatures. Laneleh lived in a 'secret place' on the fault line between dimensions.
Personality: Described to be cold, calm and haughty, the kind of woman who talks down to everyone she meets. Doesn't speak much, preferring to watch and learn. Enigmatic when she actually does. Has stated that she broke a long time before she died, and has since picked up the remaining pieces. Somewhat impulsive in her decision-making, and carries pyromanic tendancies at times.
Tends to aim for psychological torture when fighting, whispering insecurities to her opponents.
Strengths: Very resistant against fire, and uses a blue variation of the element herself. Generally uses terrain to her advantage. Has a way of making others bend to her verbal torments, but it can be fairly easy to ignore/resist it.
Weaknesses: As she tied herself to the real world after she died, she isn't immune to death or physical attacks, and she can't 'phase out' to become intangible or invisible. Has a weakness against water and ice. Can occasionally get distracted by opponents that remind her of happier times.
Other: Apparently self-proclaimed Queen of the Spirits. Has a husband and son, hidden away in her secret part of the world.
Imprisoned for a few months.

If she's a little too humanoid for your taste, I can tone it down a little. May make another character later.
---
self professed austGAYlian
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#37 Posted: 23:06:08 28/05/2013
Name: Prince (The Wild One)

Species: Winged Wolf

Appearance: His eyes are midnight blue and he has silky snow-white fur. An iron muzzle is always accompanies his collar he is never seen without it. Also when he is not of his cage he is chained up.

Personality: On the outside he is cold and vicious but on the inside under that hard shell should someone eventually crack it is his quiet, shy and compassionate self. More of this personality will be revealed in the roleplay.

Powers/Abilities: He can fly and his senses as well as his physical abilities have heightened to their maximum.

Other: No one knows about his past but from his personality people can guess it was miserable. He has been in the Colosseum since it first began. He was born into it.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#38 Posted: 23:08:19 28/05/2013
OOC: Aw crap Wyrstel beat me to the winged wolf. Grr.
#39 Posted: 03:37:31 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Reshiram, I'm having a little difficulty grasping your character. Is she a ghost?

Wrystel, no. You're adding things to the story like the chaining up and the muzzle. You can't have an all powerful immortal creature. And you literally removed the weaknesses field of the sheet.

Quote: Wyrstel
His senses as well as his physical abilities have heightened to their maximum.

^This is not okay, at all.

Quote: Wyrstel
Other: No one knows about his past but from his personality people can guess it was miserable. He has been in the Colosseum since it first began. He was born into it.

^Neither is this.

Obviously, you haven't learn from any of my previous RPs that you've tried to join. So, I have a very legitimate reason to not accept you.

Shorty, you're accepted. You can add more to her personality if you want.
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#40 Posted: 04:11:20 29/05/2013
OOC: Forget it, just do this on your own. His weaknesses would be discovered later in the rp, but I guess I'll just stay out of any of your rps because this always happens. Don't feel bad, just go ahead and have fun on your own.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#41 Posted: 05:03:46 29/05/2013
OOC: so... Many... People... Joined... Sure hope I can keep up... Ok:

Name: Ash("White" & "Grey") two personalities
Appearance: (I'll have to send it to you via email, I can't post things on DA right now(cause I have him drawn out, but will be a little difficult to describe him and the changes)
Where/when are they from: A little place full of magic and mystery, a land the rulers call Equestria.
Strengths: Partly insane, meaning he is ruthless and brutish, and can take a lot of pain and not care. Like to play with fire, though he scars himself every other time. His original side is very submissive, and very friendly, easy to get along with.
Weaknesses: never know when he will change, not even himself. Timid, quiet, but makes up for it with thorough thought.

May make more a bit later...
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#42 Posted: 05:18:20 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: You're pretty much in SpyroD, but just wait til I get your email, okay? Quick question though, how come you didn't include anything for personality?

EDIT: Ahhhh, I got the picture. I understand your character a lot better just from the image. Also, the second picture made me giggle.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:30:59 29/05/2013 by SolemnWhisper
#43 Posted: 05:19:57 29/05/2013
ooc: fixed mine. And oh, hello Cy09. Shall we dance? ;3
---
#44 Posted: 05:22:40 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thanks D-o!
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#45 Posted: 05:39:36 29/05/2013
OOC: Reshiram, I'm having a little difficulty grasping your character. Is she a ghost?

OOC: Yes, but doesn't carry most of the traditional ghost traits (Intangibility, invisibility, and supposed immortality).
---
self professed austGAYlian
#46 Posted: 05:46:53 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC:
Quote: ReshiramForever

OOC: Yes, but doesn't carry most of the traditional ghost traits (Intangibility, invisibility, and supposed immortality).

Ahhh, okay. You're accepted.
Meta Knight Green Sparx Gems: 359
#47 Posted: 08:50:12 29/05/2013
Name: Mimini
Appearance: She has Garnet Red Skin with brown sqaures on her cheeks each a darker shade the closer they are to the back of her head. Her eyes are a pure round bloack color as if they were only pupils. She has no visible limbs but wears a grey robe that is buttoned up with two brass buttons around her shoulder area. She as well has no visible mouth or ears, she has two small holes onthe side of her head that work as ears. Her head is a large round cube shape with depth in the cheek areas. Her robe stretches down to the floor, she is 4 feet tall and the robe is 3 tall. The last 1 feet are her head and neck areas. Her head feels like a very hard unbreakable shell that would hurt if impacted with.
Where/When are they from?: She is from a broken evolution of humans and reptiles on a primitive version of earth where it is very cold, everywhere due to it straying off to far from the sun but still in orbit of it.
Personality: Mimini acts as posh as she can around nice and expensive looking strangers, but acts only with small difference to poor looking or mean strangers. She will try to reason with people if things get out of hand, which never works. Mimini can be mean if she runs out of ways to reason. Her most noticable trait is that she doesn't fight back as much as one would she think she would. She compliments others on looks if they are friendly enough to her.
Strengths: She can foresee some attacks and uses her head to headbutt foes. Her head is very hard as metioned before and could cause a good amount of damage.
Weaknesses: Due to her lack of limbs she can not balance her self and must find a way to balance or else she will fall down and suffer like an upside down turtles. She is also not very quick and can be hit easily.
Other: Mimini has been there for only 6 days and 5 nights. Her ear-like holes are where her voice comes from.

I'll make another character later when I can come up with another appearance
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:14:51 29/05/2013 by Meta Knight
#48 Posted: 11:29:06 29/05/2013
Quote: SpyroD
I can't post things on DA right now(cause I have him drawn out, but will be a little difficult to describe him and the changes)

OOC: You could always use a site like this to upload any images. smilie
---
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#49 Posted: 12:05:39 29/05/2013
OOC: I'd hate to be pushy, but if Wyrstel wasn't accepted, could I take the whole winged wolf idea? I had an entire thing planned out. :/
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me