darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > is swap force really safe for kids 6- ?
Page 1 of 1
is swap force really safe for kids 6- ? [CLOSED]
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#1 Posted: 16:32:40 17/05/2013 | Topic Creator
by all these small parts? like if they have sidekicks that are swappable then that would be trouble because they could decide to put it in their mouths to wonder how skylanders would react in the game if they do... of course there should be a strict age recommendation for swap force. does anyone agree? i believe 6+ would be safe for this game. by seeing some kids looking at skylanders or screaming skylanders *i saw it before* i believe 3-6 mostly buy the game. If your 6 or younger then no offense, I,m sorry.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:33:58 17/05/2013 by minecrafter
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2 Posted: 17:40:56 17/05/2013
Each character will come with two relatively large parts, and only two.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 18:26:13 17/05/2013
I hope most 6 year olds are less ignorant than that.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#4 Posted: 21:29:38 17/05/2013
Only two large parts are going to be included with the SWAPable characters, a top and a bottom. If you don't think your child is responsible enough don't buy it for him. It's up to the parents, not TFB/Activision.
spyrodadragon1 Green Sparx Gems: 124
#5 Posted: 22:37:25 17/05/2013
i know of ONE 3-6 year old that plays, he's stupid but not that stupid
---
hey i am back
NEW ACCOUNT used to be spyrodadragon so not really red sparx
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#6 Posted: 23:39:40 17/05/2013
wait i thought skylanders was for ages 6+? thats what it says on the box anyway
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#7 Posted: 00:34:17 18/05/2013
Quote: Ninpire

The NTSC Version says E10+

Meaning Everyone Ages 10 and up due to fantasy violence.

The toys do say 6+ though.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#8 Posted: 02:25:37 18/05/2013
I don't get why a 6 year old would be this ignorant.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#9 Posted: 12:33:43 18/05/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Quote: Ninpire

The NTSC Version says E10+

Meaning Everyone Ages 10 and up due to fantasy violence.

The toys do say 6+ though.

i know the rating is E for everyone 10 and up but the starter pack on the box it says 6+
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 19:27:30 18/05/2013
i think you will have to wait until the figures are released. then look at each while you decide not to buy the ones you think will fall apart most easily...
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#11 Posted: 22:27:16 18/05/2013
There wont be swappable sidekicks- seems like way too much effort for something really minor
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#12 Posted: 23:45:35 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
why, some children can be autistic. jeez that's HARSH i just care about little kid's safety.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 08:22:06 19/05/2013
Hey, I'm autistic... I'm diagnosed with Asperger's, in fact... So it doesn't nessicarily mean that you're dumb. It's more of a "socially unaware" thing, in my case. That's what it is with most of us, I think. I hate the assumptions that go around with the condition- a lot of people shun me because of it, when I try what I can to do what I can, and I use my view of life for the better.

It isn't even like I'm antisocial in real life, I'm just very shy talking to new people when we don't have a certain common interest. Recovering from that- which is a bad thing in my case- is a very, very slow process.

Read TV Tropes' page about it. Not once does it mention "dumbness" as a pitfall of being an aspie. In fact, did you know that I'm 14? Because I'm 14, and my parents and teachers consider me to be fairly gifted for my age.

(By the way, try to imagine what it is trying to fit in at High School when you're like this. Yeah. Not fun.)

Sorry for the small rant, TC. I just always feel the need to defend my condition, no matter how slightly mentioned...
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#14 Posted: 13:32:39 19/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Hey, I'm autistic... I'm diagnosed with Asperger's, in fact... So it doesn't nessicarily mean that you're dumb. It's more of a "socially unaware" thing, in my case. That's what it is with most of us, I think. I hate the assumptions that go around with the condition- a lot of people shun me because of it, when I try what I can to do what I can, and I use my view of life for the better.

It isn't even like I'm antisocial in real life, I'm just very shy talking to new people when we don't have a certain common interest. Recovering from that- which is a bad thing in my case- is a very, very slow process.

I am not sure it matters, but I am also diagnosed with Aspergers. It doesn't really seem to effect anything except my overall temper towards things, including two people who I won't mention their names, except I'm constantly slandering them on other sites because of my anger towards them, and that gets me in trouble a lot with those people.

As for being antisocial, I dunno about that. I tend to warm up better to certain people like animal lovers or furries or Fighting Game fans because I normally have had better friendships with them than I have with people who don't share common interests, but it's not always the case. I've found it kind of hard to stick around people who like Pokemon, as they can often be a bit immature at times. I remember one Pokemon fan who was talking about how much Skylanders sucked, despite never actually playing the game, and at the time I hadn't played it either, but was being less biased about it, saying "Don't knock it till you try it."

...But overall, I do kind of agree that it's easier to befriend people with common interests. ...But that doesn't mean you cannot still befriend others who don't. smilie
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#15 Posted: 15:32:40 20/05/2013
My brother has AS too...
---
Eggs
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#16 Posted: 22:01:43 20/05/2013
And this is why we stay away from Asperger and Autism stereotypes.

I knew never to swallow my toys at the age of 6 and never did swallow my toys. Children are not that ignorant. Even if they have something like autism they can still be smart and non-ignorant peope.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:01 20/05/2013 by MoonHorizons
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#17 Posted: 23:20:51 20/05/2013
They experimented with having up to 4 swappable parts, I imagine this is why they limited it to two large halves.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 01:32:09 21/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Read TV Tropes' page about it. Not once does it mention "dumbness" as a pitfall of being an aspie. In fact, did you know that I'm 14? Because I'm 14, and my parents and teachers consider me to be fairly gifted for my age.

(By the way, try to imagine what it is trying to fit in at High School when you're like this. Yeah. Not fun.)

Sorry for the small rant, TC. I just always feel the need to defend my condition, no matter how slightly mentioned...

Power to the aspies! My son (11) was diagnosed a year or so ago. I'm pretty sure I have un-diagnosed AS as folks didn't know how to classify it back in the stone age. I am concerned about my son "fitting in"...but in reality he needs to breathe and enjoy life...spend less time about what he thinks others are saying. Easier said than done--but we're making great strides.

Quote: Doomslicer
They experimented with having up to 4 swappable parts, I imagine this is why they limited it to two large halves.

That and the fact that it interfered with the "flow" of the game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:37:11 21/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#19 Posted: 11:50:17 21/05/2013
lol... Me, at 6, I was playing with Lego... so I think that the swapable skylanders will be ok.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#20 Posted: 14:26:04 21/05/2013
I think kids under 6 will be fine.I know you just want kids to be safe but they are big pieces and I doubt unless they have an IQ of -1,000,000 (which is not possible) they will be fine and not eat the character.Say my half nephew (don't ask) is 3-5 and he plays skylanders with me and he does not put the skylanders in his mouth.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#21 Posted: 12:45:49 29/05/2013
They made Lego like skylanders. I think also that parents keep an eye on their child and I dont 6 year olds who eat that stuff
#22 Posted: 21:14:06 29/05/2013
Quote: minecrafter
by all these small parts? like if they have sidekicks that are swappable then that would be trouble because they could decide to put it in their mouths to wonder how skylanders would react in the game if they do... of course there should be a strict age recommendation for swap force. does anyone agree? i believe 6+ would be safe for this game. by seeing some kids looking at skylanders or screaming skylanders *i saw it before* i believe 3-6 mostly buy the game. If your 6 or younger then no offense, I,m sorry.

why do you think the swap force characters are so big? because of that reason so the sidekicks will NEVER be swappable because that would be flat out stupid
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#23 Posted: 01:59:43 30/05/2013
I'm pretty sure by age 6 most kids are not still trying to eat there toys and if they are the parent should be aware of it. My 7yr old is pass that. I just think hes going to start loosing tops or bottoms to these toys.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#24 Posted: 04:58:02 30/05/2013
Its so safe that they can't poke there eyes
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#25 Posted: 00:16:20 31/05/2013
The pieces for each half are about roughly the size of a regular skylander (the giants seemed to be around the same size as the swap force guys, and the giants are double a regular one soo)

I'd hope that in the least if a child/infant WAS able to eat a Skylander figure, that the parents would be watching their infants close enough to make sure they don't put objects they shouldn't in their mouth. It's been like...10 years now but I'm still absolutely infuriated at that whole controversy with Burger King and the Pokemon Pokeballs for the First Movie promo. It sounds like an awful horrible thing to say but....seriously that woman basically ruined any future Pokemon promotions because she wasn't making sure that her infant wasn't accidentally suffocating. Like...c'mon parents.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me