Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Personal Reason As To Why I Like Gordon Ramsay So Much
Page 1 of 1
Personal Reason As To Why I Like Gordon Ramsay So Much [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 20:23:30 11/05/2013 | Topic Creator
So as a lot of you know, I like Gordon Ramsay. Some people even say I love him. But it's a lot more than what I put in my guestbook. BTW here's what I put in my guestbook about him: "People ask me all the time why I love Gordon Ramsay as much as I do, and I answer "because he is an excellent leader and motivator, even though you might take an ass-whooping for it. What Gordon does is take a person, break them down and build them back up. Plus he's really damn passionate about what he does." Now that may sound good and all, but here's another reason as to why I like him so much. I was bullied throughout my entire elementary school years, and it still hurts to remark at those memories that hurt me so much. In middle school, however, everything changed. I got friends that really liked me. But that couldn't take away the pain I felt in elementary school, so I was flipping through the channels one day, and I saw Hell's Kitchen for the first time in 2008 (season 4 was airing at that time). I was hooked on the show, specifically the host, chef, and Executive Producer of the show, Gordon Ramsay. I researched more about him, and when I saw that he and his mother were abused by his father, I knew that I could sorta relate to someone in how I was bullied (basically abused) at elementary school. I've watched interviews about how he was abused by his father, and I cried as to how he was tortured back then (he was tortured a lot more than me, but you get my point). My fandom grew and grew for him. As my fandom grew, however, there were some challenges. Gordon has that image of being a "d***", so it's kinda hard to be a fan of him. I was looking up Hell's Kitchen stuff one day, and someone out loud, mind you, said "why do you like someone who's a complete a******". I was crushed. I knew a hell of a lot more about Gordon than he did. People then picked on me left and right about how much I loved Gordon Ramsay. Gordon for me represents how much I've faced not only in elementary school, but as a fan of someone who has "mild-mannered critics/ignoramuses" to say the least. Anyway, that didn't deter me from liking him, and as soon as I found out that he was on Twitter, I was elated. I followed him instantly, and when I saw this: [User Posted Image]

I knew that the bullying I felt & experienced was worth it. Thank you guys for accepting me for who I am smilie, and thank you for reading was seems like a wall of text smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#2 Posted: 20:38:00 11/05/2013
Wow, I didn't know all that stuff about either you or Gordon. Very happy for you and it was cool to finally know why you like him so much! smilie
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#3 Posted: 20:41:04 11/05/2013
I know how you feel, I'm beyond obsessed with Lucille Ball, I have almost all seasons of "I Love Lucy" on dvd, I have a watch with her face on it, countless other things, and even a doll.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#4 Posted: 20:41:05 11/05/2013
Same here. That's why I admire Peter Parker (aka Spiderman) so much.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#5 Posted: 20:41:23 11/05/2013
I'm glad that you are happy now and not let others get to you.

If I recall correctly, America changes his image right? Like he's not actually a dick. I remember seeing him on one of UK's Hell's Kitchen, and his behavior was very different.
#6 Posted: 20:46:54 11/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Wspyro, kind of. Fox makes Gordon appear a lot meaner than he actually is, but I've seen enough of his UK shows to see how he really is.
---
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 20:48:09 11/05/2013
Quote: JCW555
Wspyro, kind of. Fox makes Gordon appear a lot meaner than he actually is, but I've seen enough of his UK shows to see how he really is.

Yeah. I've watched some interviews with him, too, on talk shows, and he's really not that bad.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#8 Posted: 21:04:38 11/05/2013
I actually like the image they give him and I don't think of him as a dick.
But that could be because I've seen him on other places besides Hell's Kitchen. Unlike other people.
#9 Posted: 21:11:28 11/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Well yeah, don't get me wrong I LOVE Gordon's Fox shows, but I can understand that they can give off a negative perception.
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#10 Posted: 21:50:58 11/05/2013
I used to watch his F-Word show a few years back when I was into cooking programmes. I sometimes catch the US edition of Hell's Kitchen which is a good watch.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 22:35:25 11/05/2013
Aw D: I did not know that about Gordon Ramsay.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#12 Posted: 14:15:25 12/05/2013
JCW is awesome

/word of truth
#13 Posted: 16:59:08 12/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Thank you smilie
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#14 Posted: 17:24:49 12/05/2013
Wow... I didn't know about Ramsay's past.

It's good to see that you really like him a lot!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#15 Posted: 18:01:02 12/05/2013
Now I want to watch that show. :3
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#16 Posted: 23:05:03 12/05/2013
Great to hear another mod's dream come true.

You're awesome, JCW.

I was bullied, but when I changed schools, everything went from bad to good.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#17 Posted: 06:58:22 13/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Thank you Matteomax smilie
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#18 Posted: 15:12:22 13/05/2013
Mkay, that's cool...
But I don't think that just because he was abused gives him the right to be such a jerk (Among other things.), but that's just my opinion..
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me