Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Scarlet Ninjini available at Target on May 19 in the US
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Scarlet Ninjini available at Target on May 19 in the US [CLOSED]
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#101 Posted: 03:11:01 10/05/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
^ Nah. I have no doubt that Target set the release date for Scarlet Ninjini in their stores themselves. The only reason that Target would specify a Sunday date in their register lock-out is so that when there will actually be Scarlet Ninjinis on Target's shelves when their forthcoming newspaper circular/advertisement arrives for the week of May 19th.

I do not believe that Activision mandated anything (or "trolled", lol) Target in this situation.

Ok that's not what I meant. I was responding to the comment about Target employees not knowing much about Skylanders and how they'll put them out before they're supposed to. Acti does troll stores by making it hard to tell what is coming in (no individual numbers for figs), and what is still in store. They've been tight-lipped about when they'll send figs to stores, so anyone that wants to know has to wrestle with speculation and little in the way of info in order to guess a time. If they were clear on what was coming and when, then Target would be more likely to be more careful about anything else to do with Skylanders. The way things are set up now, they have no reason to care, even though they chose the date, because there's such a sloppy system for the figs in the first place.

I am glad that she's out elsewhere. It makes it easier for everyone. Hopefully all those who wanted scarjini will get to have her. And in time for Mother's Day too. smilie
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
DoctorNick Green Sparx Gems: 143
#102 Posted: 03:12:44 10/05/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Why didn't you keep the two and scalp off of them?
It's quite a noble profession smilie

Quote: DoctorNick
My Gamestop also had her. Best thing is a scalper was behind me while I was looking, asking if I was going to resell them and mentioning how much money he makes off them. I noticed some guy at the front counter inquiring about Scarlet so I grabbed all four and gave two to him, leaving the scalper empty handed! (They were allowing people to purchase 2 max, and apparently had only 10 today). On my way out some little girl saw Scarlet and said mommy I want that one, so I just handed it to the mom. Anything to screw a scalper and make a little one happy =)

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here; I just am not sure I understand your anecdote, DoctorNick. So, you were in a GameStop, and a scalper comes along and stands behind you and starts bragging about scalping, but doesn't butt in front of you to grab a couple of Scarlet Ninjini off the shelf for himself?

Doesn't that sound strange?

I guess making over 50$ an hour prevents me from gaining joy by getting a 10$ profit on a toy that kids all around the country would love to have right now, probably just me though...(to first comment)

They were right on a shelf/rack type thing, and I'm 6ft4 200lbs so I guess he didn't want to attempt trying to reach around me to grab one, or he figured since I could only buy 2 of the 4 there would be 2 remaining? Once he mentioned selling them on eBay I was determined to make sure this a-hole didn't get any. Even made sure to smile at him when I handed the other two off to the guy near the front. I visit this Gamestop often for my huge x360 addiction, and the people there know I'm always up for helping someone out even though I don't work there.

All in all I guess my intimidating look is enough for people to know not to attempt cutting in front of me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:31 10/05/2013 by DoctorNick
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#103 Posted: 03:15:17 10/05/2013
The guy was probably also a little stupid. Some people think that nobody will stop them from doing something, even when they're obvious about it. Sadly, sometimes they're right.

Btw, did you see hide or hair of LC Chill, LC Pop, LC Hex, or maybe Drobot 2? I'm trying to add those to my collection but it's not clear when they'll be here in the states.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:51 10/05/2013 by TheLurk
#104 Posted: 03:22:37 10/05/2013
Quote: TheLurk
The guy was probably also a little stupid. Some people think that nobody will stop them from doing something, even when they're obvious about it. Sadly, sometimes they're right.

Btw, did you see hide or hair of LC Chill, LC Pop, LC Hex, or maybe Drobot 2? I'm trying to add those to my collection but it's not clear when they'll be here in the states.

Nothing on those guys unfortunately. I'm starting to think we're going to be waiting until at least the end of June before they're all released. I'm friends with one of the guys who works at this Gamestop though, and he's pretty good about texting me when something new or that I need arrives. He told me he hasn't heard anything about them yet either.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#105 Posted: 04:30:56 10/05/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Why didn't you keep the two and scalp off of them?
It's quite a noble profession :P

My Gamestop also had her. Best thing is a scalper was behind me while I was looking, asking if I was going to resell them and mentioning how much money he makes off them. I noticed some guy at the front counter inquiring about Scarlet so I grabbed all four and gave two to him, leaving the scalper empty handed! (They were allowing people to purchase 2 max, and apparently had only 10 today). On my way out some little girl saw Scarlet and said mommy I want that one, so I just handed it to the mom. Anything to screw a scalper and make a little one happy =)

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here; I just am not sure I understand your anecdote, DoctorNick. So, you were in a GameStop, and a scalper comes along and stands behind you and starts bragging about scalping, but doesn't butt in front of you to grab a couple of Scarlet Ninjini off the shelf for himself?

Doesn't that sound strange?

I guess making over 50$ an hour prevents me from gaining joy by getting a 10$ profit on a toy that kids all around the country would love to have right now, probably just me though...(to first comment)

They were right on a shelf/rack type thing, and I'm 6ft4 200lbs so I guess he didn't want to attempt trying to reach around me to grab one, or he figured since I could only buy 2 of the 4 there would be 2 remaining? Once he mentioned selling them on eBay I was determined to make sure this a-hole didn't get any. Even made sure to smile at him when I handed the other two off to the guy near the front. I visit this Gamestop often for my huge x360 addiction, and the people there know I'm always up for helping someone out even though I don't work there.

All in all I guess my intimidating look is enough for people to know not to attempt cutting in front of me.

I was joking, hence the :P
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#106 Posted: 05:32:51 10/05/2013
I know you aren't a scalper, I was more hoping our scalper friends read that smilie. Sorry if it seemed directed at you, it's meant for our poor, scalping friends!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#107 Posted: 06:02:10 10/05/2013
Stands to reason Amazon will also have these for sale since she has no exclusivity. The best advice I could give anyone looking for this figure is to keep that page up in a tab this week...
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#108 Posted: 13:04:21 10/05/2013

I agree with your philosophy. Just because you can take advantage of someone doesn't make it ok. Too many people believe that since there are some people that will pay through the nose then it is their duty to take their money. It isn't supply and demand, it is vulture capitalism. It's inserting yourself in the middle not to provide a beneficial service, artificially decreasing the supply at retail, and seeking to profit off the process. Too many people confuse the two.

Anyone that thinks otherwise should think long and hard next time they are at the pump paying $3.50-$4 for gas and about the speculators that ran the price of oil up to $140 a barrel a while back. Every analyst agreed there was plenty of oil available (even a significant surplus), but the price kept rising because speculators were buying contracts for oil for resale prior to delivery simply to maintain returns they weren't getting at the time from the stock market. And it takes far less time for the price to go up than it does to settle back to a legitimate supply and demand price. It is greed pure and simple.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#109 Posted: 13:53:13 10/05/2013
I agree. My experience with scalpers is that when they see something they want to scalp, they rush forward and grab it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#110 Posted: 14:35:00 10/05/2013
I'm not sure that everyday scalping and the global commodities speculation on oil shares really make a realistic analogy.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#111 Posted: 15:20:01 10/05/2013
I'm not sure that everyday scalping and the global commodities speculation on oil shares really make a realistic analogy.

They do. Scale is irrelevant. Making an analogy doesn't have to be done with equal importance items. Just because one is as trivial as a toy and the other is a major factor in the economy doesn't mean one cannot demonstrate market forces on a much smaller scale. I am in no way saying that Skylanders are that important, but a lesson can be learned from it. And sometimes it is helpful for people to see a situation in another light - where they are the victim and not the benefactor, if they are scalping figures they know what it is like to feel shafted at the gas station.

I've had this debate before, but with someone considerably more argumentative concerning the "blame the victim" mentality of people that defend scalpers. Look past the scale and see the similarities, that is nothing but a distraction from the point, typically by someone that has no better defense than that. And there is no other defense of scalping other than "blame the victim".

a·nal·o·gy (-nl-j)
n. pl. a·nal·o·gies
a. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
b. A comparison based on such similarity.

No part of that indicates that the two subjects have to be of equal importance.
#112 Posted: 16:13:14 10/05/2013
Totally get what you're saying defpally, and I agree. The funniest part is vultures almost never ahead, at least I'd assume this for those selling skylanders. I'm hoping to find some families in my area who collect that I can just donate my extra figures to. The only problem is posting something like that is sure to get plenty of scammers crawling out of the woodwork.
#113 Posted: 17:56:37 10/05/2013
I absolutely understand the impact of Wall Street speculation on crude oil. In fact, you probably wouldn't believe the lengths I've gone to when I tried to explain all about that to my friends and family ... many of them are old-fashioned or conservative, and they flatly refuse to see/believe that anything other than traditional supply and demand could be possibly driving the price of gasoline up. So, I guess, you don't have to convince me about the reality of futures/speculation on a global-scale market.

However, the scale is relevant, despite your assertion to the contrary. The reason is that crude oil has become so heavily traded, so heavily in demand, and so lucrative that it essentially functions as a global form of currency, and retains its value (for the most part) even if one or more real currency's value takes a nose-dive.
It's safe to say that Skylanders toys, as much as we value and covet them in this small community, do not possess that economic "weight" (not even close). Scalping of Skylanders toys is a much better analogy for the scalping of professional sports tickets. In both cases, having insider information and volume buying-power make the difference between success and failure. In both cases, actual supply and demand still is the primary driving force in market price, despite the presence of a "middle-man".

The role of the "middle-man" in a modern capitalistic economy is very, very well-established. Like I said earlier, the "system" both condones and encourages "middle-man" activity. Whether it's the sale of insurance, automobiles, or concert tickets, it's there, and it's heavily prevalent. It's just part of the system when one chooses capitalism. I'm not complaining about it nor championing it ... just observing that it's there.
Crude oil speculation, on the other hand, is an entirely new phenomenon ... uncharted waters, so to speak. Those who participated (and still do participate) in oil "futures" speculation (on Wall Street) were/are bold and they're either fully aware of the risk they're taking (potentially being convicted of white collar crime, etc.) or they're, as you said, totally greed-filled (or ignorant).
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#114 Posted: 18:00:29 10/05/2013
Totally get what you're saying defpally, and I agree. The funniest part is vultures almost never ahead, at least I'd assume this for those selling skylanders. I'm hoping to find some families in my area who collect that I can just donate my extra figures to. The only problem is posting something like that is sure to get plenty of scammers crawling out of the woodwork.

I'll PM you my address; you can ship your skylanders to me. smilie

But to clarify, I'm not crawling...I'm here in the open LOL.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:57 10/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
#115 Posted: 18:55:19 10/05/2013
But, Bahumut, I wasn't really directing it towards the impact of the economy, only the negative influence of middle men on the price and their lack of positive benefit. For many reasons oil, like Skylanders do not need middle men in order for their "economy" to function. Every drop of oil could be sold when it rolls into port for market price, and Exxon operates like this (and makes massive profits). Most of the people that buy Skylanders could find them on shelves just fine if scalpers didn't clear new ones out.

Many other commodities, for example crops, do - but that is another story. And just because it can be done does not make it ok/good, and I see a lot of justification for scalping from people that say "if people are willing to pay, why is it wrong?". "If I can leverage a huge mutual fund to drive up the price of oil to make a fortune, why is it wrong?"

In the end, it is mostly about empathy. I don't know people on the forums personally. I don't know what they have bought on Craigslist for a big markup, or bought a football ticket at twice face value. So that may or may not apply, it is hard to use that as an example. But, we all buy gas, and all complain about it. It's easier to say "Hey, gas prices suck don't they? Some fat cat on Wall St. is lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills off that money. Next time you brag about making $1,400 off parents by selling Skylanders remember that karma.". If I say it's ok to take advantage of someone, then they take advantage of someone else, and so on ... where does it end?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#116 Posted: 19:19:27 10/05/2013
Scalpers in my area translate to:

"Ravenous eBayers that grab anything in sight."
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#117 Posted: 19:33:59 10/05/2013
Skylanders= oil! that's the sum of all this smilie
chevyext02 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1909
#118 Posted: 21:55:11 10/05/2013
Skylanders is the reason for global warming. There I said it.
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#119 Posted: 22:21:52 10/05/2013
Scarlet Ninjini was at gamestop TODAY!!!
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
#120 Posted: 00:25:51 11/05/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I'll PM you my address; you can ship your skylanders to me. smilie

But to clarify, I'm not crawling...I'm here in the open LOL.

HAHAHA nice! I laughed for a good minute at that one. I'm also assuming you have the figs I have duplicates of (starter pack guys+a few common ones).
#121 Posted: 15:11:11 11/05/2013
Quote: defpally
But, Bahumut, I wasn't really directing it towards the impact of the economy, only the negative influence of middle men on the price and their lack of positive benefit. For many reasons oil, like Skylanders do not need middle men in order for their "economy" to function. Every drop of oil could be sold when it rolls into port for market price, and Exxon operates like this (and makes massive profits). Most of the people that buy Skylanders could find them on shelves just fine if scalpers didn't clear new ones out.

Many other commodities, for example crops, do - but that is another story. And just because it can be done does not make it ok/good, and I see a lot of justification for scalping from people that say "if people are willing to pay, why is it wrong?". "If I can leverage a huge mutual fund to drive up the price of oil to make a fortune, why is it wrong?"

In the end, it is mostly about empathy. I don't know people on the forums personally. I don't know what they have bought on Craigslist for a big markup, or bought a football ticket at twice face value. So that may or may not apply, it is hard to use that as an example. But, we all buy gas, and all complain about it. It's easier to say "Hey, gas prices suck don't they? Some fat cat on Wall St. is lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills off that money. Next time you brag about making $1,400 off parents by selling Skylanders remember that karma.". If I say it's ok to take advantage of someone, then they take advantage of someone else, and so on ... where does it end?

That's a good question, Defpally: where does it end? The best answer I can give is that it "ends" when one of two things happens ... either A) demand for the product declines markedly, or B ) the government steps-in and says "enough is enough".
I can certainly understand your disdain for the "middle man", and I am sharply impressed with your level of knowledge, your analysis, and your composure (all the most intellectual Skylanders hunters are in Charlotte, it seems! :-) )
However, putting aside Utopian fantasies, I think you'd have to agree that the "middle man" is a naturally-occurring aspect of the free market capitalistic society we live in. Even if the "middle man" is unnecessary, many consumers are perfectly willing to accept higher prices in exchange for high levels of convenience and customer service. Granted, not ALL consumers are willing to pay more for convenience and customer service ... but MANY are willing.
I guess my beef with your analogy to crude oil prices is that the cigar-smoking "fat cats" that were/are jacking up crude oil prices by speculating on futures in oil ... all or most of those douchebags are already exorbitantly wealthy. And while it's fair to say that greed is one factor (out of many factors, usually) that drives the average scalper ... the scale, as you put it, does matter ... everyday scalpers aren't wealthy fat-cats. This economic system flatly encourages all individuals to seek any potential market and tap it for economic gain. Fortunately, there are laws against prostitution, child labor, human trafficking, distribution of controlled substances, insider stock trading, false advertising, fraud, etc, etc. It's safe to say that the re-sale of collectible toys doesn't come anywhere close to that level of detrimental effect on society ... so, like I said, the scale does matter.
---
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#122 Posted: 05:26:11 12/05/2013
I already have a amazon.de Scarlet but would like to have a US version as well. So yesterday I was 0 for 2 at the local Gamestops and just for kicks went hunting for it at Target. smilie BOOM there she was... I must add the US versions Scarlets appear to have better quality control over the .de Scarlets. The paint jobs were better and less imperfections. Well of the eight that were on the pegs, three that were mint. Anyway I tried to buy one, but the register prompted the employee that it was not to be sold till the 19th. I didn't push it and will have to hunt another day. I would rather pick one up at Gamestop anyway so I can get some more sidekicks. Here's the photo I took at Target. Also, the PS3 DSA Starter Pack was on clearance for $34 just in case anyone is still hunting for one.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#123 Posted: 05:34:16 12/05/2013
^ And there's Flashwing and the "Cannon Pack", both clogging up the inventory at yet ANOTHER Target store! :-)

Thanks for the pic, CTFdad!
---
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#124 Posted: 20:02:54 12/05/2013
Wow!!
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#125 Posted: 23:35:05 12/05/2013
^ And there's Flashwing and the "Cannon Pack", both clogging up the inventory at yet ANOTHER Target store! :-)

Thanks for the pic, CTFdad!

It's funny, I just bought the last one at Concord TRU yesterday. I actually had to hunt for it there, they are getting pretty slim in the pickings, and the guy there was telling me they still sell really well (all Skylanders, that is). I've been wanting the silver cannon for the collection (I got the gold one back when it came out at Gamestop), but wasn't willing to pay much for it. With the $10 off battle/3 packs, plus I had a $5 reward coupon about to expire that actually works on video games - so I got lucky and found it hiding behind a Sprocket 3 pack and got it for $10 and change out the door. I have an extra Chop Chop and Shroomboom now, but I like both of their figures so it's cool.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#126 Posted: 03:31:26 13/05/2013
So...I went to my local Target today and asked about Scarlet Ninjini. They hadn't heard of her but he pulled out that "device". Not sure what its called but the thing they can look up inventory in and said--"yes we have them, I'll go get one for you." He came out and jokingly said, "we are all sold out..." Then he pulled one out from behind his back. He tried to ring it up and couldn't--he tried all sorts of different things. He said that they only got ONE!! He gave me the item number and said he'd put if back in back and I should do two things..
1) call an hour or so before they open and ask whoever answers to save it for me and
2) come at opening time on the 19th
I was so close...lol.
I guess others have gotten closer.
Hopefully I'll get one from Gamestop before the 19th but you never know. I was just surprised that they got 1! They got 7 total
Jade flashwings--when they originally came out--not too many. He said, "we are a low volume store."
Anyway---fingers crossed I'm able to make it happen. Without the posts here, clearly I wouldn't have had a chance--so thanks all!
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#127 Posted: 04:12:26 13/05/2013
I wonder when Canada will get Scarlet Ninjini? Hmm hopefully soon i hope.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:13:47 13/05/2013 by Hexblazer
#128 Posted: 04:12:45 13/05/2013
Best of luck Shelly!
I'm sure you can do it next Sunday.

I do find it suspect that the store clerk told you they had only one in-stock. I'm 90% sure that Giants are shipped in boxes of 6 per box, and Scarlet Ninjini, being a "special" (non-"wave") character, she should be shipped in boxes that contain only her (i.e. 6 of her). I'd put money down that store employees at your Target have "set aside" five Scarlet Ninjinis for themselves.
---
#129 Posted: 14:41:08 13/05/2013
However, putting aside Utopian fantasies, I think you'd have to agree that the "middle man" is a naturally-occurring aspect of the free market capitalistic society we live in. Even if the "middle man" is unnecessary, many consumers are perfectly willing to accept higher prices in exchange for high levels of convenience and customer service. Granted, not ALL consumers are willing to pay more for convenience and customer service ... but MANY are willing.

Utopia and perfection are not reachable, yet that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. One shouldn't throw their hands up since there are people that will take advantage of others and resign oneself to that. The first step towards a better world is always a small one, and always appears insignificant. We should not accept greed because of how common it is, it should be something that people are ashamed of - and they should be reminded of it regularly.

I've had MANY opportunities to leverage my awareness of Skylanders into big profits. Found several Wham Shells on the shelf right when it came out. I have a packaged Jade Flashwing and a Molten Hot Dog right now that are being given to friend's of my son for birthday gifts. I gave a Scarlet Ninjini to my neighbor a while back for helping me with a project. I was first in line when Ninjini came out and the cashier told me I could buy two instead of one, but I got one. And many other times. All of them could have hauled a decent score on EBay. Some may call me a sucker for not taking advantage of it or letting the next person (who might be a scalper) take advantage of it. I'd prefer to be a better person - that lasts much longer.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#130 Posted: 15:20:25 13/05/2013
FYI: I went to TRU on Saturday and the person said they already got their shipment, but it wouldnt be made available until the 18th.
#131 Posted: 15:23:07 13/05/2013
Quote: Xerxxees
FYI: I went to TRU on Saturday and the person said they already got their shipment, but it wouldnt be made available until the 18th.

Mine had too, a couple of really cool employees that always give me heads up told me that as well (actually it is on the 19th, not the 18th). I would expect a Hot Toy Alert the day before.
#132 Posted: 15:38:08 13/05/2013
Quote: defpally

Utopia and perfection are not reachable, yet that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. One shouldn't throw their hands up since there are people that will take advantage of others and resign oneself to that. The first step towards a better world is always a small one, and always appears insignificant. We should not accept greed because of how common it is, it should be something that people are ashamed of - and they should be reminded of it regularly.

I've had MANY opportunities to leverage my awareness of Skylanders into big profits. Found several Wham Shells on the shelf right when it came out. I have a packaged Jade Flashwing and a Molten Hot Dog right now that are being given to friend's of my son for birthday gifts. I gave a Scarlet Ninjini to my neighbor a while back for helping me with a project. I was first in line when Ninjini came out and the cashier told me I could buy two instead of one, but I got one. And many other times. All of them could have hauled a decent score on EBay. Some may call me a sucker for not taking advantage of it or letting the next person (who might be a scalper) take advantage of it. I'd prefer to be a better person - that lasts much longer.

Your ideals and your composure are commendable, Defpally, that is for sure.
I do not think you are a sucker, at all. I think you are an ultimate idealist. And that's pretty high praise from someone (me) who considers himself an idealist, too (compared to the masses, anyway ... certainly not compared to you!)
---
Grishnaar Blue Sparx Gems: 722
#133 Posted: 17:32:26 13/05/2013
Quote: shelly9871
So...I went to my local Target today and asked about Scarlet Ninjini. They hadn't heard of her but he pulled out that "device". Not sure what its called but the thing they can look up inventory in and said--"yes we have them, I'll go get one for you." He came out and jokingly said, "we are all sold out..." Then he pulled one out from behind his back. He tried to ring it up and couldn't--he tried all sorts of different things. He said that they only got ONE!! He gave me the item number and said he'd put if back in back and I should do two things..
1) call an hour or so before they open and ask whoever answers to save it for me and
2) come at opening time on the 19th
I was so close...lol.
I guess others have gotten closer.
Hopefully I'll get one from Gamestop before the 19th but you never know. I was just surprised that they got 1! They got 7 total
Jade flashwings--when they originally came out--not too many. He said, "we are a low volume store."
Anyway---fingers crossed I'm able to make it happen. Without the posts here, clearly I wouldn't have had a chance--so thanks all!

Unfortunately I think that the person you talked to is pretty clueless. Target gets things in boxes, everything they stock from food to clothing to toys, it all comes in boxes. So if they got 1, they got at least 6. So either they're gone already because other people in electronics did know how to get around the sell date in the system or they're hidden somewhere else away from the location listed in the "device". My advice is if you're serious about getting one at that store, you should arrive 5-10 minutes before the doors open and head straight to the back and make it known what you're there for so if there's any confusion they know you asked first. That being said, you should still check out Gamestop tomorrow since they're everywhere like Starbucks.

-Grishnaar
#134 Posted: 17:44:39 13/05/2013
Your ideals and your composure are commendable, Defpally, that is for sure.
I do not think you are a sucker, at all. I think you are an ultimate idealist. And that's pretty high praise from someone (me) who considers himself an idealist, too (compared to the masses, anyway ... certainly not compared to you!)

I may be an idealist, but I'm not stupid smilie Hope for the best, plan for the worst. I'd like to believe scalpers won't clean out TRU every HTA, but you will usually find me in front of the line ...

I really not that far on the scale of it all, but I hate feeling like I got scammed - so I refuse to "pay it forward".
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#135 Posted: 01:23:33 18/05/2013
Quote: Hexblazer

My brother (in Kingston, ON, if it makes a difference) brought this online flyer to my attention that TRU Canada made her available TODAY! (So much for May 19th everywhere).

Here's the flyer:
http://www.flyertown.ca/mobile...ocale=en&type=1
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#136 Posted: 02:24:17 18/05/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Quote: Hexblazer

My brother (in Kingston, ON, if it makes a difference) brought this online flyer to my attention that TRU Canada made her available TODAY! (So much for May 19th everywhere).

Here's the flyer:
http://www.flyertown.ca/mobile...ocale=en&type=1

Ok thank you i manage to buy Scarlet Ninjini today, almost every store had Scarlet but for sure it won't last long since alot of people been waiting for Scarlet for a while, while i was at TRU today to buy myself Scarlet, they had S2 Bash and S2 Flameslinger in stocks so it wasn't only Scarlet that they had shipment of.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:59 18/05/2013 by Hexblazer
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me