Page 1 of 1
Death to hats [CLOSED]
Mexitalius Red Sparx Gems: 55
#1 Posted: 22:34:50 02/05/2013 | Topic Creator
DEATH TO ALL HEADWEAR!

Not really but I do hope they fix a few things with it. They're amazing stat upgrades but on a lot of characters they're massive and don't fit right, if we're going to have to wear them at least make them size appropriate or better yet make it so we can toggle whether we want hats to display or not on our characters.

While I'm at it? Since we're getting into series 3 now, a lot of us have scene the new Stealth Elf and if you're like me you think the ninja thing looks stupid. I'd love to have an option to get the upgraded armor and keep the visuals of previous armor.
---
Calm Down.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#2 Posted: 22:38:11 02/05/2013
i think that series 3 will just get a "new look" and then a wow pow (i actually like the ninja outfit) but we should be able to choose which look we like better and the hat thing YES the hats should adjust to each character so that it looks right (the game makes the birthday hat look stupid on mhot dog but on hot dog it looks awesome on wii)
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#3 Posted: 22:58:47 02/05/2013
So basically you want fully customizable skylanders?
I can dig it, but it won't happen. Too much work for a yearly series, and potentially too much data for that kind of game.

And the stats without the hats thing is basically what heroic challenges are for. You can have the boost easily with silly, non-fitting headwear or you can get down to the nitty gritty and sink your teeth into a challenge.
Personally, I hope they keep the hats but make sure each one fits each skylander, which is easily done. Just edit the size and where on the model it sits to each individual character. Like what they did with Hot Dog and the bone-thru-the-head hat
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#4 Posted: 23:02:32 02/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
So basically you want fully customizable skylanders?

I don't think you quite understand what fully customizable means. I'm not asking for face and body sliders, I'm asking if I can use the appearance of one of the other armors that I already have. You're probably right, I won't get it but complaining to the internet makes me feel a little better.
---
Calm Down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:27 03/05/2013 by Mexitalius
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#5 Posted: 01:51:40 03/05/2013
Really, I don't think they'll do that thing with the upgrades... as in give you the advantages of the upgrade but without the appearence of it. Though that'd be nice. One thing that would be nice is if even they make it where you can turn on and off upgrades after you buy them. This is perfectly within their cabailities.

Yes i'd love it if they make the hats actually 'fit'. I mean the knight helm would look cool on some if not for the fact that it's not even on correctly.

Speaking of hats though... it is a little sad that the hats in the 3DS version don't do anything but add an appearence. no stat changes or anything. or if they do... they don't say it.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#6 Posted: 16:44:51 03/05/2013
The 3DS version just seems like a badly made knock-off of the real game tbh, i hold no interest for me (i really tried to like it, its just dull and so disconnected from the console ones)

As for hats- It would be lovely if hats were modelled to look the right size, or even actually go on the characters head if they already have a hat (Chop Chop for example) But i'm assuming that will likely never happen smilie
It does make no sense how hats can look different on variants to the normals though- they are literally a different colour scheme..
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#7 Posted: 19:04:19 03/05/2013
yeah the hats never fit good smilie
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
#8 Posted: 22:29:43 03/05/2013
^ well not ALL hats just certain hats with certain characters like the top hats usually look okay and hot dog looks good in MOST hats
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#9 Posted: 22:54:42 03/05/2013
Once you unlock a hat, you should unlock the ability to use the stat bonuses connected to that hat and wear any other hat in your collection (or none at all).

I'm not saying you should be able to get the bonuses from MULTIPLE hats at once, but you'd be able to wear (for example) the Jester Hat and gain the stat boosts from the Unicorn Hat if you owned them both.

Otherwise, there are a bunch of hats that you can NEVER wear, unless you're willing to weaken your character for the sake of appearance.
#10 Posted: 23:04:45 03/05/2013
technically it is not weakening your character for the sake of appearance because the hats are stats BONUSES it is just wearing a hat that doesnt give as much stat bonus as the one that looks better
#11 Posted: 09:37:37 04/05/2013
i like the hats very wel
but they must fix a couple
things
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 13:30:27 04/05/2013
Yeh on characters like Drobot none of the hats looks good...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#13 Posted: 13:46:54 04/05/2013
thats true
---
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#14 Posted: 14:14:39 04/05/2013
Ikr? I was so excited upon getting that eye/brain parasite hat, only to be enraged when it pretty much floated above most characters' heads, barely making contact.
Communist hat fits well though (and makes for some interesting PvP)
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#15 Posted: 15:49:37 04/05/2013
some hats fits perfect
others not
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#16 Posted: 18:22:53 04/05/2013
I am glad that someone hates hats as much as I do!
What TC? You don't hate hats?

I don't see much benefit to the teensy stat boosts, and although they have clever concepts, I dislike the aesthetics of the majority of hats. So I never put them on any of my Skylanders. Maybe if they make them more worthwhile and give us a good reason to wear them or at least fix the alignments I will reconsider.

For the record, I liked SSA on the 3DS, but Giants was a poor man's adaption of the console versions. I like how hats are just cute bonuses in them though, the console version's boosts try to make them more important, but they're mainly useless anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:08 04/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#17 Posted: 18:24:10 04/05/2013
i never put on a hat ether
i like my skylanders better
without hat smilie
---
#18 Posted: 04:19:24 06/05/2013
a few landers are complemented with a hat, but most, no...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#19 Posted: 05:22:05 06/05/2013
from the new ones we hav already somone with a hat
wash buckler
---
#20 Posted: 07:04:17 06/05/2013 | Topic Creator
It just seemed silly that they exist in the first place. I'd love to see more stuff like weapons and armor but with so many characters out and more coming, it would be a nightmare to do for TfB or VV.
---
Calm Down.
#21 Posted: 15:10:26 06/05/2013
maybe there are no hats this time
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#22 Posted: 02:30:09 07/05/2013
Quote: Mexitalius
It just seemed silly that they exist in the first place. I'd love to see more stuff like weapons and armor but with so many characters out and more coming, it would be a nightmare to do for TfB or VV.

Well, you at least need something to distinguish your skylanders from your friends skylanders.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#23 Posted: 03:37:08 07/05/2013
There's a small colored circle underneath the lander that designates players.
Actually, what'd be really cool is that some characters (maybe just the new corelanders, since it'd be way too much work to make it for everyone) have unique hats custom tailored to them, or certain characters, when put on the portal, would add new hats to the game that give stats that resemble them.
also, wouldn't it be neat if hat stat changes were like
125% Critical
75% Armor
110% Speed
90% Health
or something like that? better customization of stats, to make the playstyle more unique.
---
NiHenChou Green Sparx Gems: 101
#24 Posted: 11:54:23 13/05/2013
I agree to have something new other than hats because no offense or anything, barely any of them fit. And they look so ugly, so I would recommend like a lil sidekick that gives a boost to your stats that you can unlock throughout the game, and maybe earn a strong sidekick when you kill final boss on nightmare mode.
---
Hate the stores in Canada. No good skylanders on sale.
Love Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz, they're like brothers.
#25 Posted: 23:53:44 13/05/2013
well if you are gonna get into sidekicks how about after you beat the game, the sidekick collect treasure and bring you food and attacks from time to time (weak attacks btw) i would like that
#26 Posted: 15:41:19 14/05/2013
like the woodpecker pal with tree rex ??
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#27 Posted: 15:51:18 14/05/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons
Quote: Mexitalius

Well, you at least need something to distinguish your skylanders from your friends skylanders.

I did suggest last year that finishing all the Quests could unlock an alternate skin. I'd like something like that. Quests aren't worth doing if you don't enjoy them anyway, because Knight's Helm is superior to the Gold Top Hat anyway.
#28 Posted: 18:21:39 14/05/2013
i like that too when you did your quest you get hats golden silver and bronz
---
#29 Posted: 21:04:50 14/05/2013
Quote: skylanderfan8
like the woodpecker pal with tree rex ??

no WEAKER more like 4 damage each hit i mean i dont want ppl to think that you hav an unfair advantage if you have a sidekick
#30 Posted: 10:30:07 15/05/2013
owwh yaeh so really weak smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me