Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Remember when S&N was entertaining?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Remember when S&N was entertaining? [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#51 Posted: 02:24:03 01/05/2013
Quote: X-Treme
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Spyrobaro
(yo i mean no offense here and if you end up being offended then sorry)

I completely agree.

I still love dS. Really, I still do. But something's missing. And because that something is missing, the site is less fun.

I know I was saying I was becoming more inactive due to testing, and yes, that certainly is one of the reasons. But, I still have a lot of time to go on dS after I finish my testing, get dismissed from school, go around doing errands, and ect. I just prefer to not spend it on dS because it's just less fun.

There's no balance between "fun" and "seriousness" anymore. Heck, neither of those things really even exist here anymore. No offense to anyone, but most of the time nowadays people are either trying too hard to be funny or taking trolling/jokes too seriously (rule #1 of the internet is basically "don't feed the trolls"), and because of these two things, it seems like visiting is a chore, and is boring.

"LUL BARO THEN JUST LEAVE"

Lemme reiterate. I. STILL. LOVE. D.S. I still love the people here (i even love bravo no matter how much we seem to fight), and I still think we're family. And you know what? I can't just leave my family behind! The people on this site helped me a lot. Most of my friends are on this site. Even though I COULD talk to them elsewhere, I can't talk to some of them elsewhere. And we'd certainly never be scrunched up together in a group (not even the skype group) and have it feel the same. Something about having all the members on this site (or at least this board) in the way we are just feels...at home.

So yeah, things aren't as fun as they used to. But I still love every one of you little guys, and I'm determined that things WILL be exactly, if not, almost exactly, the way they were before. Well, exactly wouldn't be very great (it'd be the same as always then and get boring), but I guess what I aim for is BETTER than before. I know that there are a lot of people here nowadays that would make the way "old" dS was a million times better.

I agree with this a lot.

I've been off a lot less lately because, to be honest, anything seems more fun than dS. It had its charm for a while, but it just kind of faded. Something is missing and everyone has changed. People have matured (or immatured, in my case) and the site in its entirety just got somewhat lackluster. The users that were my best friends for a long time (ex: CInderLover, BigBoom, C1nder, TheFlyingSeal, Spyrobaro, Coocie2) all seem absent from the site, making the place seem like a lifeless shell of what it once was.

Sure, we had our moments when we thought all was lost, that we were going to leave and never come back, but we eventually did. Now, it seems like that once great "dS Addiction" has been seemingly cured from the users that it manifested in. It thrived in the most active of us, making the forums seem like a home away from home. Now, it feels as if that once mighty protection, the virtual shield we once hid from our problems under, has disintegrated, leaving us as prey to the outside world, drawing us away.

So yes, something is missing. Something big. The worst part is, we can't even figure out what it is.

I believe its the absence of worthwhile topics that have a point, and the older users that would make the great topics and post. And i do think a little excitement or a particularly good topic will raise a bit of what SaN used to be. (I haven't been here as long as most users talking about this, but thats just my point of view)

Sorry if that was hard to understand.

there was never any great topics on darkspyro
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#52 Posted: 02:26:55 01/05/2013
Well, at least they weren't:

ONG GUYZ LOOKIT DIS PICTURE HAHAHA
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#53 Posted: 02:27:40 01/05/2013
*denchers fall out* im too old to deal with this
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#54 Posted: 02:35:09 01/05/2013
Quote: X-Treme
I believe its the absence of worthwhile topics that have a point, and the older users that would make the great topics and post. And i do think a little excitement or a particularly good topic will raise a bit of what SaN used to be. (I haven't been here as long as most users talking about this, but thats just my point of view)

Sorry if that was hard to understand.

Well no one pays attention to the topics I make, so I just try to contribute to everyone else's. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#55 Posted: 19:24:32 01/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree with most of what's been said. There seems to be something missing about this site now, as to me it has gotten considerably more boring (hence the lack of activity).

It doesn't help that a fair amount of topics in this section are............well..........****.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#56 Posted: 19:46:54 01/05/2013
It's because I started posting here isn't it. smilie smilie smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#57 Posted: 20:06:35 01/05/2013
Simple solution to a simple problem...

The Problem?
People aren't seeing topics they are interested in, yet aren't taking that much of an initiative to make topics that they would be interested in. And when they do, these topics are about niche things that not everyone is into, so they ignore the topics, or make fun of them (stuff like a topic just for furries are perfect examples).

The Solution?
Just post a topic about something discussible more often. Whether it be light hearted or serious, accessible or demanding. Like, if you find yourself wanting to discuss something but shy away from making a topic, then make the topic from now on.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#58 Posted: 20:13:31 01/05/2013
gtfo cav you only just joined yesterday
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#59 Posted: 20:54:10 01/05/2013
what the hell are you talking about?
spam, "lolxDDD", randumb things and trends ar e****in hiLARIOUS
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me