Page 1 of 1
Fight, Teleport, Fight Some More! [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 18:46:50 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
So, I ran into the glitch mentioned by the board here...so if Lightning Rod is used in the game before Cali is saved you can't finish this? And Activision isn't giving us a fix? What a load of malarkey. Seriously, mightier than thou Activsion? You have time to take legal action against folks but can't improve on serious defects in the game?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#2 Posted: 00:45:52 21/04/2013
actually, I believe what causes the glitch is if you use any Skylander other then Lightning Rod before you have access to Heroic Challenges in the Ruins.
but remember that Heroic Challenges save to figures themselves, so you could start a new game save, use Lighting Rod to get to the part in the game where you can access Heroic Challenges, and at that point do his challenge on every Skylander you have. then you can just delete that save, and go back to your original game save.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 03:34:29 21/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Nope...what seemed to work for me is to NOT register Lightning Rod (he's the guy with the challenge) into the game UNTIL you save her. It's two lame chapters, but wanted to keep it to one save file. I remember distinctly adding in Lightning Rod BEFORE I saved her. OH WELL.

Seems kinda lame to me...I think I saw something like 100+ QA testers on the credits...and then us lame gamers get the bug.

Remember, we live in the day of patches and Internet---why aren't they fixing this? Time to get with the 1999s guys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:14 21/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 04:10:39 21/04/2013
When I ran into this, I had borrowed my nephews' Lightning Rod to get the challenge, over this past Christmas, so I was pretty peeved that his challenge wouldn't work, and the only fix was to start a new game, which I couldn't do because I didn't have him to re-unlock.

In my search to find another solution, a patch, anything, I came across a technical support request to Activision on Facebook, with something like 80 replies on it. In it, people did EXTENSIVE research into what exactly "breaks" this HC. It has absolutely nothing to do with when you register Lightning Rod.

They narrowed it down to a collectible in Quicksilver Mine, but not what collectible. Before doing Quicksilver Mine, they were able to complete the HC, afterwards the Tiki Mask became missing. I believe that after this was found it was confirmed.

(Around when I was dealing with this, I found an SSA 3-Pack with Lightning Rod, back in January, despite that SSA stuff was almost never in stores anymore. I had previously not wanted it because I already had Cynder, but now that it would solve a problem, I bought it anyway) smilie New game, pretty sure I registered Lightning Rod right away, and I don't think I only used him, saved Cali, the HC works, did it with all my figures. When I buy a new S2, I bring them into that save game to do this HC, then into my main save for the rest.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me