First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
crash [CLOSED]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#51 Posted: 01:48:13 18/04/2013
Honestly, to me it seems like saying Disney Infinity should include Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy characters. Sure, they're related and some people may like the idea, but just doesn't really seem like something that should happen in the end.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#52 Posted: 01:59:15 18/04/2013
Quote: Seiki
Honestly, to me it seems like saying Disney Infinity should include Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy characters. Sure, they're related and some people may like the idea, but just doesn't really seem like something that should happen in the end.

YES YES YES!
If Infinity has KH characters in it, it's as good as sold to me!
Wait... ah you mean you don't think it will have KH in it.
True, you do raise a point.
But unlike Kingdom Hearts, the Crash franchise is almost dead (great now that song's stuck in my head), so Skylanders could serve as a reboot.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#53 Posted: 02:04:44 18/04/2013
I wouldn't mind Crash in Skylanders, but it's likely he won't be part of the series. 1.) Someone from Vicarious Visions said in an interview that Spyro and Crash are two different games( it was in response to that Crash Poster that appeared in January). 2.) Activision are most likely not doing anything with the franchise due to all the negative criticism the games have gotten during the Titans era and what people on video game websites are saying whenever someone brings up the series these days.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#54 Posted: 21:42:33 18/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
And Omegaxis!
Sonic!
KIRBY!
And why stop at videogames?
Avengers!
Doofensmirtz!
(Disney's) Pollyanna!
MARX BROTHERS!!!
Back on topic, didn't one of the devs of Skylanders state no Crash?

lets add bugs bunny, mickey mouse, and a my little pony to top it off!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#55 Posted: 23:09:59 18/04/2013
I'm always reminded of crash whenever I look at smilie haha. It would be nice if they didn't let him just rot, I had a lot of Crash games as a kid. I don't know what element he would be, though...life?
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AirSuperiority Green Sparx Gems: 252
#56 Posted: 23:28:18 18/04/2013
I think it'd be awesome to see him again. Nothing like references smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#57 Posted: 23:34:09 18/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: GhostRoaster
Crash has too much attitude---he's too big for a character role in skylanders...I'm giving the guy props...

As did Spyro.

As I said before, that excuse is pathetic and weak.

Your opinion, as is mine that I don't think it would translate correctly. While we are at it, why don't we invite the Mortal Kombat crew into the game? I want PvP matches to end with fatalities.

Did Crash even speak in his own series? Regardless, Spyro did. Spyro was a sassy little heroic purple dragon. How well was that translated with his one line, attacks and combos? The point is this, Skylanders Spyro isn't really the Spyro we know from his own series so why are they treating Crash as if he'd be anymore difficult? It's a pathetic excuse period.

Also Mortal Kombat? Yes, because Spyro was in Mortal Kombat and vice versa. You and others are really grasping at straws by saying "let's add x and y while we're at it!" as a counter argument. Spyro and Crash have a history and have cameo'd in each other's games as well as had a cross-over game together. It's not like we're asking for Sonic or Mario to be included so give a argument.
#58 Posted: 23:54:58 18/04/2013
Actually my "let's add x and y while we're at it!" counterproposal was more for jocular purposes.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#59 Posted: 04:01:13 19/04/2013
Actually my "let's add x and y while we're at it!" counterproposal was more for jocular purposes.

I saw yours was but there was at least one more person being serious with that.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#60 Posted: 00:16:52 20/04/2013

I was just kidding with the whole mickey mouse thing cuz he's already in infinity probably.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#61 Posted: 01:23:43 20/04/2013
He's also a main (and awesome) character in kingdom hearts.

[User Posted Image]
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#62 Posted: 01:40:26 20/04/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor

I was just kidding with the whole mickey mouse thing cuz he's already in infinity probably.

You'd be suprised. As of this time, he's not.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#63 Posted: 03:12:03 20/04/2013
How about Finding Nemo characters.
#64 Posted: 14:29:44 20/04/2013
Not beyond speculation.
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#65 Posted: 16:47:10 20/04/2013
I gotta say no to seeing Crash in skylanders. It's an interesting thought and he'd probably fit more in tech or life if he was, it's just the fact he's not really part of the spyro universe. Sure he cameoed in a game and they shared a point of that, it's just comparing the games...Crash just hasn't had the sales to back up the justification of it. The fact they were both on PS1 is irrelevant because over the years due to both properties in how they were handled they became multiplatform. I think people need to let go of either being seen as Sony exclusive because they are not.

If it wasn't for the idea of skylanders all spyro fans would have to face the fact the purple dragon most likely would not have seen anymore games for who knows how long. At the current pace I really don't see a fourth skylanders in the horizon. If you noticed from the games they used Spyro's name and made sure he was at the front of the first game. The second, giants, focuses less on him and pushes him further back.

Swap force, are they going to put him in or even give him a S3 or a variant? They might not this time. It might also explain on the decision to purposely make the S2 much farther to get than before as acti is trying to distance from Spyro. Giants purposely doesn't have him in the main artwork as you clearly see Jet-Vac more of a focus. It makes a good point of they are recouping profits from the Legend series and trying to establish something else. Which brings up a good point, would dark spyro even cover a fourth game if they do make it and if Spyro is not even a part of it? Would anyone even buy it? Swap force could be a focus for this in getting Skylanders to be a permanent ip and on its own with no Spyro involvement.

I would however like to see Crash instead of that masked mabu pointed out in another thread if they seriously made that guy a skylander as that guy is just not unique enough.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#66 Posted: 02:49:25 21/04/2013
Quote: imanirox890
Quote: Matteomax

Really? Why so much Crash hate? He's actually ORIGINAL.

So are the Skylanders. I too am against Crash being in the game. Crash isn't part of the spyro franchise, he's his own character. I'm sure people would much rather Crash to have his own game.

Like it or not, the truth is Skylanders aren't part of the Spyro series either. They are a spin-off featuring Spyro and Cynder (along with Sparx). That is like saying The Avengers series is part of the Captain America series.

And people, very loudly, would much rather and still rather Spyro has his own game as well so that excuse is null.

It's not an excuse. It is a logical explanation for why Crash probably won't be a skylanders. As for the Spyro thing, no matter what some fans will always have a bad attitude about what they get. We give em a game, they hate it. There's no changing that. And what's to say that after Crash becomes a sky landers some psycho fans are going to rant about Activision ruining Crash. It makes no sense to give someone what they want if all they're going to do is complain about it.
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#67 Posted: 04:18:44 21/04/2013
crash bandicoot?

If he does find his way into Skylanders, please don't give him his voice back T~T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1I71ElQjMM
---
-something-
#68 Posted: 23:15:39 24/04/2013

So are the Skylanders. I too am against Crash being in the game. Crash isn't part of the spyro franchise, he's his own character. I'm sure people would much rather Crash to have his own game.

Like it or not, the truth is Skylanders aren't part of the Spyro series either. They are a spin-off featuring Spyro and Cynder (along with Sparx). That is like saying The Avengers series is part of the Captain America series.

And people, very loudly, would much rather and still rather Spyro has his own game as well so that excuse is null.

It's not an excuse. It is a logical explanation for why Crash probably won't be a skylanders. As for the Spyro thing, no matter what some fans will always have a bad attitude about what they get. We give em a game, they hate it. There's no changing that. And what's to say that after Crash becomes a sky landers some psycho fans are going to rant about Activision ruining Crash. It makes no sense to give someone what they want if all they're going to do is complain about it.

You said Crash was "his own character", so is Spyro. I don't see how your point is any more logical considering what they did to Spyro. Also, that's the issue with adapted elements: no one is going to be happy with the end product. However, one thing can't be denied: an increase in revenue for the inclusion of Crash that would surely take care of an licensing fees they may incur resulting in a broader audience (the non-psycho Crash nostalgics will eat it up).

As a note: those "psycho fans" are a small percentage. The Skylanders series has made how much exactly? yeah, I thought so...
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#69 Posted: 23:48:22 24/04/2013
Quote: tigerdr
I gotta say no to seeing Crash in skylanders. It's an interesting thought and he'd probably fit more in tech or life if he was, it's just the fact he's not really part of the spyro universe. Sure he cameoed in a game and they shared a point of that, it's just comparing the games...Crash just hasn't had the sales to back up the justification of it. The fact they were both on PS1 is irrelevant because over the years due to both properties in how they were handled they became multiplatform. I think people need to let go of either being seen as Sony exclusive because they are not.

If it wasn't for the idea of skylanders all spyro fans would have to face the fact the purple dragon most likely would not have seen anymore games for who knows how long. At the current pace I really don't see a fourth skylanders in the horizon. If you noticed from the games they used Spyro's name and made sure he was at the front of the first game. The second, giants, focuses less on him and pushes him further back.

Swap force, are they going to put him in or even give him a S3 or a variant? They might not this time. It might also explain on the decision to purposely make the S2 much farther to get than before as acti is trying to distance from Spyro. Giants purposely doesn't have him in the main artwork as you clearly see Jet-Vac more of a focus. It makes a good point of they are recouping profits from the Legend series and trying to establish something else. Which brings up a good point, would dark spyro even cover a fourth game if they do make it and if Spyro is not even a part of it? Would anyone even buy it? Swap force could be a focus for this in getting Skylanders to be a permanent ip and on its own with no Spyro involvement.

I would however like to see Crash instead of that masked mabu pointed out in another thread if they seriously made that guy a skylander as that guy is just not unique enough.

NOOOOO please dont take spyro T-T
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#70 Posted: 22:45:30 28/04/2013
in my mind, since swap-force isen't really looking good they might bring him back to make swap-force better?
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#71 Posted: 02:05:15 29/04/2013
Never know. Swap Force looks ok, though admittedly the new design direction might take getting used to (fantasy superheroes go humanoid! I guess more parents will like the look, looks less disturbing than a vampire with a chain and skull I mean :ghosterroaster: ).
---
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#72 Posted: 02:34:11 30/04/2013
well we just don't know
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#73 Posted: 02:41:14 30/04/2013
Double trouble reminds of the Masks from the Crash games.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#74 Posted: 20:58:34 01/05/2013
Quote: Seiki

Because disney will be more open for third party joining in on what seems mostly their first party priority. No they won't. Maybe as an expansion later down the road but it begs the reason of a why? Kingdom hearts was basically the first point of putting said characters already into the disney universe and the fact you're basically doing so with figures instead of a Mary Sue or our favorite Gary Stues then why do we need to include those games as a world to explore? You can count on hand the kh worlds and they are probably like those characters trademarked and owned by square, there's also very few worlds.

I also think of those thinking star wars and marvel will see the light of day from that game series and if you can't mix figures for those worlds I wouldn't bother regardless what universes they want to include. I don't have to play figures to play better super hero games (marvel) or sci-fi (star wars) been there and done that.

The fact they can't migrate to other worlds as no figure can unless they are in toy box mode rather kills disney infinity and I would think for any adult gamer wishing to do so. As in very little playability if the selling point is the sandbox.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me