Page 1 of 1
Swap Force Starter Pack [CLOSED]
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#1 Posted: 16:58:05 04/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Does anyone else get the feeling it's a little unfair that they are putting a returning figure in the starter pack instead of a new core skylander
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2 Posted: 17:29:12 04/04/2013
I wouldn't say UNFAIR. I mean, I wasn't pissed to see S2 Cynder in the starter pack for giants(although I bought the portal owner's pack anyhow). Although it does make me feel like they are just trying to give a character who already has too much attention MORE attention. I'm more pissed that they actually made the decision to make an S3 Stealth elf in the first place. It ruined my wish that they would bring back the newlanders from Giants and the castaways/ unreposed 8 as S3 characters.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#3 Posted: 19:10:04 04/04/2013
Not really. Think of it this way;
A child whose parents are strict and don't like the idea of buying every or all characters outside the starter packs has gotten both Spyro's Adventure and Giants, and is allowed to get Swap Force. Now he has a new element to use in the first game to unlock other gates he previously couldn't.
Series 3 characters get a lot of uses essentially. They can be used for all three games to get different bonuses while new cores, swaps and giants can only be used from the debut game and onwards.

Also keep in mind Stealth Elf always sells ridiculously well, so it's a sure fire hit character. Other caharcters might not appeal to fans, and then Activision is well aware who to bring back for the next game and who should be left in the dust.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 20:08:05 04/04/2013
Not really. Newlanders don't benefit you any further than Returninglanders in what you can do in the game with them. If anything, the Returninglanders are more beneficial than Newlanders because they have an extra upgrade.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#5 Posted: 20:35:12 04/04/2013
My gripe is that her new pose looks so much worse than the S1/S2 poses. I'll be selling the S3 figure unless the new wow-pow is mind-blowing/game-breaking.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 00:31:45 05/04/2013
Probably isn't too bad. It's either a stealth-boost, blade-upgrade, or maybe some special attack (or double jump or something?)
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#7 Posted: 02:46:37 05/04/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
Not really. Newlanders don't benefit you any further than Returninglanders in what you can do in the game with them. If anything, the Returninglanders are more beneficial than Newlanders because they have an extra upgrade.

While it's true that reposed characters do have more to them overall than new core characters, I bet most people would rather see that the next Skylanders game had more core characters being released than reposes, than vice versa.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 03:17:24 05/04/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Quote: bionicle2809

While it's true that reposed characters do have more to them overall than new core characters, I bet most people would rather see that the next Skylanders game had more core characters being released than reposes, than vice versa.

Definitely. Diminished returns and I suspect that unless they are continuing signing on more portal masters than maintaining i'm guessing sales number for reposed will start to be a challenge for them. It's already clear lightcore variants of any reposes is a flop. I seriously questioned why 1. lightcore has no features of the current core (ie wow pows) and 2. why we really needed two versions of the same character on any release. It baffles the mind, really. Do we really need lightcore hex and core hex in the same release? I think if a character is simply "lightcore" or not, baseline their abilities to be the same (except of course lightcore gets a nice nuke when used) I think they would do better. Maybe they thought the first time nuke had to be countered with no wow pows. Dunno.

For me, I just want someone new. I'm ok with in game variants (not required for game completion, but call it variety and options for the gamer/collector)...just give me more new and less rehashed. Simple, right?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:23:00 05/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#9 Posted: 04:52:37 05/04/2013
I hope all the returning characters from the first game, which we have 2 + versions of now get a new outfit like stealth elf's. Those will be fun to collect, alternate attire.
#10 Posted: 14:31:17 05/04/2013 | Topic Creator
i just thought that it was a little weird for them not to put a core skylander in the starter pack not to mention stealth elf was already in another starter pack
#11 Posted: 16:03:06 05/04/2013
Well they are putting to swap force characters in the starter pack so....
#12 Posted: 16:26:34 05/04/2013 | Topic Creator
yea i guess that makes sense
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#13 Posted: 16:32:59 05/04/2013
I'd replace Stealth Elf with Night Shift if I could.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#14 Posted: 16:57:15 05/04/2013 | Topic Creator
i think they only want to give away 2 swap force characters so players know the swapping feeling
spyro1691 Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#15 Posted: 17:28:19 05/04/2013
thats kindof the point of two SF,... so you can actually swap them
---
I vlog on my YouTube channel smilie If you're interrested then search my username which is in my GB smilie ENJOY smilie smilie smilie smilie camo: camo: smilie
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#16 Posted: 09:37:39 09/04/2013
yes stealth elf was in 3ds starter 4 ssa but remember when giants was announced cynder was anyone as the first s2 to be anounced along with s2 zook so they are doing the same thing again and also has anyone noticed that only magic air life water undead fire and tech elements were in starter packs/booster packs so earth hasn't had its turn in a starter pack yet so they should put the first s2 earth in starter pack who agrees with me?
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#17 Posted: 12:13:18 09/04/2013
Let's see... for starters in terms of what types to use in a starter pack you should seperate the 3DS starter pack from the Console starter packs. Doing this you'll notice something about the console packs. So far the 1st starter pack came with Magic, Water, Tech. The 2nd, Life, Undead, and Air. What you notice is that they don't duplicate any type with the console starter packs. With Fire and Earth being the only 2 they haven't used. But sadly of what we've seen it looks more like it'll be either magna Charge and wash Buckler, or changing on of those for Blast Zone(that was the fire knight right?) So they may be breaking their pattered allready.

As for something mentioned about Stealth Elf's upgrade. It's possible that the new attire could be something all series 3 have. After all they say they are getting one new Wow Pow. (Otherwise they'd say Wow pows) and So far, a outfit change and new daggers you would think would be considered 2 different upgrades. But we'll see.

Also, there's suposed to be 16 swapforce, 16 reposes, 8 or 16 newlanders and some new Light Cores. It's possible that the new Light Cores could include some Series 2 Light core. And you know they've got to be thinking of having series 2 Light Cores otherwise why would they put Series 1 Light Core in the screen. (Well can't remember if the Console version says that but the 3DS version does.)

It's also possible that the lostlanders or ones that didn't get a series 2 from S:SA are getting reposes. So we'll see. But I could be wrong about the numbers of each but I remembered one of the video's or somewhere stated how many were in each of those categories. I'll look it up and get back to you.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#18 Posted: 12:15:06 09/04/2013
wow boomerfan that took like 3 readings to understand
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 12:25:02 09/04/2013
I just checked.... Acording to the first video on here: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...force-hands-on/

The annoucer guy says they will be 16 Swapforce and 16 Core Charaters. So we'll be getting 2 new core skylanders for each element. Or 4 brand new skylanders for each element if you combine them.. smilie that's double the new ones from last time.

EDIT: Ok it's 8 new Light Core. Here's the link. If you don't wanna believe the text watch the video. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/ar...ced-in-new-york

EDIT 2: I just noticed something. The guy in that 2nd vid says "And they will have all cool new design as well." < This could be refering to Stealth Elf's new outfit. He was asked what will the s3 will have and he said a new wow pow and ^ that. So interesting this could be mean that the others will have some kind of new outfit or redesign.
---
~N~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:37:02 09/04/2013 by JCat
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#20 Posted: 20:53:35 10/04/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
My gripe is that her new pose looks so much worse than the S1/S2 poses. I'll be selling the S3 figure unless the new wow-pow is mind-blowing/game-breaking.

When I had the option to buy some skylanders AFTER finding out about a S3 repose because I really like Stealth Elf and hadn't picked her up yet.Maybe smilie or smilie tomorrow but anyways back to S-Elf.I would at least like a nice-looking S-Elf and a S3 Wow Pow Ugly reposed S-Elf.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#21 Posted: 23:07:02 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator
^ good luck finding S2 smilie
#22 Posted: 01:55:49 11/04/2013
AMAZON TO THE RESCUE! Whoah, not even on there is a good deal, even from alternate sources!
Back on topic, I wonder if some wowpows will be based off new powers, like a telekinetic wowpow (like MagnaCharge's magnet) or something.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#23 Posted: 11:35:35 11/04/2013
Hm, well you technically get 5 characters in the Starter pack
---
Im so proud of you
#24 Posted: 15:33:20 11/04/2013
Quote: Imada
Hm, well you technically get 5 characters in the Starter pack

Yeah if you include each swap-a-bility.

Also I wonder how they'll do the 3DS starter pack. In S:SA, they gave a variant of one of the Console starters and 2 completely different skylanders. In Giants, they gave 2 of the exact same skylanders (which I didn't like) and one completely different skylander but was a variant.

I'd love if they go back to how they did it in the first game... meaning 1 variant of a Console Starter with 2 completely different skylanders. This in a way would give you 3 different Skylanders than the Console Starters. This would be idea espcially since there's no portal owners pack thus players will be forced to get the 3 skylanders.... and getting 1 duplicate is bad enough but 2? (But in the case of Tree Rex it wasn't as bad to get a duplicate him due to being able to have one use one upgrade path and the other have the other upgrade path.) But it still would of been nicer to have gnarly Tree Rex and 2 different skylanders....

So far if they remain true to form. (What both Giants and S:SA did) this means the 3DS will be getting a varient. The question is... which one? Will it be a Reposable Skylander (AKA Series 3) Varient, or a SwapForce Varient?
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:51 11/04/2013 by JCat
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#25 Posted: 16:31:01 11/04/2013
You spelled variant two different ways repeatedly in the same post...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 16:52:57 11/04/2013
One was a typo the others started out as typo's but I caught them and fixed them.
---
~N~
#27 Posted: 01:13:06 12/04/2013
A variant Swaplander would be cool. Otherwise, we might get a different corelander, I'm betting rollerbrawl or countdown.
Poison Rollerbrawl
or
Iron Countdown?
---
#28 Posted: 05:27:46 13/04/2013
^ The thing is i'm not sure if it'll be a core skylander. They say that the starter pack will include 2 swap force and 1 reposed figure... S:SA and Gaints both stayed true to form with what the others did. S:SA- had 3 skylanders. Giants- had 1 Giant, 1 S2 figure and 1 newlander. the 3DS version had S:SA- 3 Skylanders. Gaints- 1 Giant, 1 S2, and 1 newlander. The only thing they did different was one of them was a special Variant. Thus we're still looking at 2 swap force and 1 Reposed with one of the 3 being a variant.
---
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me