darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Do you think old Skylanders will be assigned movement types?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think old Skylanders will be assigned movement types? [CLOSED]
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#1 Posted: 20:51:28 25/03/2013 | Topic Creator
We all know that 'movement type' is the new 'element' – that areas in the game will be locked off based on the movement type of the Swap-Force base. I’m not sure if they are keeping the element gates, but it’s looking like you’re going to at least need one of each movement type if you want to see the whole game.
So the question is this – do ONLY swapforce characters have a movement type, or will old characters be assigned a movement type too? We know a few ‘types’ already (wheeled (speedy?) and rockets), and you’d think that bouncer would count as wheeled while Drobot counted as Rocket.

But what do you think? Will old-landers be given movement types, or will you need a group of actual swap-force characters to get through the gates?
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#2 Posted: 21:57:04 25/03/2013
Nah, besides the "movement" areas is as much of a new element as "Giant areas" were.
#3 Posted: 23:10:54 25/03/2013 | Topic Creator
My worry is that there are actually surprisingly few ‘giant only’ areas in Giants – most of them can be accessed by other means (bombs mostly). But if movement gates are as numerous as elemental gates (or replace elemental gates completely) that’s a lot of game locked out.
Plus, obviously, anyone with the Giants game had a giant, so anyone who had the game automatically had access to every giant area. However, the swap-force starter set only has two swaplanders… that leaves a lot of gates locked to new users.

Like yourself, I wouldn’t be surprised if most Skylanders, Newlanders and Giants didn’t get movement types. But some classic characters clearly have skills that match up with movement types pretty exactly. If Stealth Elf doesn’t get sneak, Terrafin doesn’t get dig, Cynder doesn’t get teleport and Bouncer doesn’t count as ‘wheeled’, then it’s just going to make the ‘movement type’ gimmick seem especially contrived and cheap.

Side note… is there a list of movement types other there?
---
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#4 Posted: 01:31:12 26/03/2013
As much as it seems a rip-off not to give flying characters access to flight zones, digging characters to digging zones, etc. I have little doubt that the Beings of Avarice (activision) will probably make movement zones swaplanders only
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#5 Posted: 19:53:59 26/03/2013 | Topic Creator
TFB were working under activision and managed not to be too exploitative. I suspect that old-landers will be left in the cold, but it’s not a forgone conclusion.
---
SunburnPhoenix Red Sparx Gems: 36
#6 Posted: 04:09:56 27/03/2013
this is depressing talk... lol
---
1 smilie 2 smilie 3 smilie 4 smilie 5 smilie 6 smilie 7 smilie 8 smilie 9 smilie
28skylanders including smilie
would like: smilie smilie goldsmilie smilie smilie glowsmilie and smilie
#7 Posted: 19:58:40 27/03/2013 | Topic Creator
The depressing thing is the idea of having to add those clunky-looking, cartoony, chew-toy atrocities to my otherwise kickass army of giants, dragons and elves.
I’ll be buying just enough figures to open the gates… and that’s all they’ll be doing. Acting as oversized keys.. .The rest of the game will be tackled by the aforementioned dragons and elves.
---
#8 Posted: 00:41:25 28/03/2013
Well, Roller Brawl appears to be a(n undead?) member of Chill's species, based on her eyes and form, she looks as good as any. At least the parents who don't like all the hideous or "demonic-looking" creatures will like the new superhero-style. Besides, most the swaplanders will be humanoid, but new corelanders probably wont all be.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#9 Posted: 03:33:33 28/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Roller Brawl does look okay... but the new Stealth Elf figure is just aweful. Aside from just looking bland, it's also massive which makes it look cheap. Blaugh!
Still, I guess I shouldn't judge until I actually see them all.
---
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#10 Posted: 19:35:57 28/03/2013
If I'm not mistake, from watching the videos and interviews it seems as though only Swap-force characters can enter the gates. Another thing that leans towards it is the base of all swapforce characters have that symbol on them and Stealth Elf nor any of the other new skylanders have it on them. So yes it's very sad seeing as those gates look pretty fun and sound fun too... however, the fact that they can only be accessed using Swap-force characters is a big let down.

Side note: I like Roller Brawl. And the new Stealth Elf isn't that bad. (I still prefer the old one but the new one isn't that bad.)
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#11 Posted: 02:57:48 29/03/2013
I'm sure that they would do this. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#12 Posted: 07:15:51 29/03/2013
Quote: ninja9351
I'm sure that they would do this. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't.

Why wouldn't it? The new secret areas weren't the reason Swap Force characters exist, they exist BECAUSE of the Swap Force characters.

The only way they would do this is if future games will include Swap Areas. I wouldn't mind it, but it just seems unlikely. I doubt there will be any Giant areas (though I would like that).
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#13 Posted: 19:37:58 29/03/2013
I'd hate it if they made you buy all the swap force characters, but it seems like the type of thing they'd do, and quite frankly it would be genius from a marketing point of view.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#14 Posted: 22:19:55 29/03/2013
well, you don't have to buy all the swap force characters... the movement is a sub type and there is only so many of them.... meaning more than one will have one kind.
---
~N~
#15 Posted: 00:13:15 30/03/2013
Yeah, isn't there only 8 movement types with 16 Swaplanders? I thought I read that somewhere...
#16 Posted: 12:32:04 30/03/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Yeah, isn't there only 8 movement types with 16 Swaplanders? I thought I read that somewhere...

I'm not sure about how many movement types there are. I wanna say I don't think it was that many. But I can go check to see. Cuase it might of been mentioned in that first video that was shown about Swapforce.
---
~N~
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#17 Posted: 15:51:48 30/03/2013
^
It was confirmed that there was 8.
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
#18 Posted: 21:32:45 01/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Still we know that 'stealth' is a type. If stealth elf can't do stealth missions I'm going to be grumpy.
---
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 23:04:29 01/04/2013
prepare to get grumpy, because they've shown her toy and it doesn't have the stealth icon on it
#20 Posted: 00:37:52 02/04/2013
Really, as with all the games, you only need 8 characters to enjoy it, one for each element. Now, get 8 characters, one for each element, and make sure they're all swappers.
---
#21 Posted: 21:29:27 02/04/2013 | Topic Creator
But I don't like the new designs.
Also, I'm cheap.
---
#22 Posted: 23:44:31 02/04/2013
Some of the designs are ok... VV is making a team of humanoid superheroes it looks like. Which is kinda sad because the whole premise of SSA was a "fantasy team of superheroes." Shame. At least they won't look as hideous to parents...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me