Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Glitch/Glitch Help/ Software Help Topic
Page 1 of 1
The All Purpose Glitch/Glitch Help/ Software Help Topic
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#1 Posted: 00:42:17 24/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow, two topics made in an hour! Anyway, as the title says, feel free to post any glitches or bugs you found in a game and if they prevent you from playing a game, how to fix them. For example, I just started to play Mass Effect 3, but I can only play it offline due to the infamous "Checking Downloadable Content" Screen. Any ideas? I've tried the EA on method, but it says I'm too young to get an EA account.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:28 24/03/2013 by SonicGX98
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#2 Posted: 08:42:58 10/04/2013
There is a commonly experienced problem with the Nintendo Wii whereby it will just not read certain discs. If you find your Wii plays most of your games, but doesn't play a particular game at all, then the problem is that the laser in your Wii is dusty, and that the game in question utilises a dual layered disc (Super Smash Bros Brawl, for example). The laser needs to be in very good condition for these games to work properly.

If your Wii is still within it's warrantry period, I believe Nintendo will repair/clean your laser free of charge.

You could also try standing your Wii horizontally. It's more likely to run a dual layered game this way.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 12:24:41 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
There is a commonly experienced problem with the Nintendo Wii whereby it will just not read certain discs. If you find your Wii plays most of your games, but doesn't play a particular game at all, then the problem is that the laser in your Wii is dusty, and that the game in question utilises a dual layered disc (Super Smash Bros Brawl, for example). The laser needs to be in very good condition for these games to work properly.

If your Wii is still within it's warrantry period, I believe Nintendo will repair/clean your laser free of charge.

You could also try standing your Wii horizontally. It's more likely to run a dual layered game this way.

This happened to me when I first got Brawl, it was the only game that didn't work because I got my Wii on midnight launch. Then last year that Wii stopped working, and then I got a new black one which still works.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8383
#4 Posted: 22:53:41 30/07/2013
Mew in Pokemon Red and Blue.
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#5 Posted: 14:23:46 12/08/2013
My Wii U won't connect to the Internet.

No matter how many times I try, it won't.
Even if I place it right next to the wifi hub, nothing happens, except it spending 10 minutes trying to connect, then failing.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 16:25:39 12/08/2013
Try resetting the actual Wi Fi motem and then try again.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#7 Posted: 19:35:31 18/08/2013
I wasPlaying through Pokémon Heart Gold Again to get Treecko,Charmander and Chikorita.I beat Pryce and left the gym and was supposed to get a phone call From Professor Elm about Team Rocket at the radio tower.I never got it so I cant progress.Fix?
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#8 Posted: 02:27:29 23/08/2013
here for you pirate 101 fans!
1. go to skull island and talk to Don ready.
2. buy any mount.
3. change your date and time to 11 years in the future.*so you have the correct time*
4. your mount won't expire in 11 years!
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#9 Posted: 00:29:48 24/08/2013
Alright, here's something odd that has happened to my Wii.

The system is about 5 years old, and it went through an earthquake(my tv landed on my Wii about 3 years ago.) and had been working wonderfully these last three years. Well, lately as in about a week ago, it stopped working. The red light isn't on, and the system is plugged in. I have no idea why it has done this, and it perplexes me. Anyone have this problem, or is it just me?
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#10 Posted: 07:12:12 05/09/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Try resetting the actual Wi Fi motem and then try again.

Well, everything else in the house is connecting...
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#11 Posted: 21:59:31 06/09/2013
A little help please. I was trying to download Marvel: ultimate alliance in my PC but it keep on saying error can not read c: programfiles\activision\M:UA\eng\t\o\toy3\vzss. Anyone know how to fix that.
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:03 06/09/2013 by yokey25
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#12 Posted: 12:04:43 07/09/2013
Help please.
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8287
#13 Posted: 12:07:06 07/09/2013
In S3&K during the last boss with Tails the whole right side of the platform was not solid. Repeatly falling through was annoying as hell.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#14 Posted: 03:59:59 21/09/2013
in dbz budokai 3 when i play broly's dragon universe i'll be under the map when i should be above the it. how do i fix this?
---
Fired up for victory
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:33:52 21/09/2013 by skulldragon95
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#15 Posted: 04:03:38 21/09/2013
In Assassins creed 3 if u hit up up up left right on the d-pad u will get the orange hatchet u put in the post at achilles house.
#16 Posted: 16:13:24 01/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow! My topic got stickier? Awesome! Anyway, I found A glitch that happens with the Wii U in terms of watching Youtube videos through the internet browser. If you have too many passwords for accounts remembered, youtube videos will crash the Wii U on startup. In order to fix this, you must clear all internet cookies and delete internet data by creating a new tab and going to settings. Hope people find this useful!
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#17 Posted: 19:00:59 10/10/2013
Random glitch I just want to mention. I doubt it easily occurs, just odd. It also self-corrected, so big deal.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Ok, so, those of you have the game should know this area. In Riku's mode, when you go to the World That Never Was you have that one bridge that stretches over a big pit inside the castle.

Well, I was fighting Dream Eaters on this bridge and used Flowmotion to swing around one and fling it off somewhere, however, when the attack ended, I found myself over the side of the bridge.

This is impossible as KH has invisble boundaries to keep you from going place that don't exist like that.

Well, once over the side of the bridge, I started falling into the bottomless pit. After like 15 seconds or so, the game did a mini-reset and teleported me back onto the bridge.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#18 Posted: 15:42:19 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Warning to all Pokemon X and Y players, if you save in Luminose City, there is a chance that your save will become corrupt and you will have to start a new save file.

EDIT: A patch has just been released fixing this problem.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:00 26/10/2013 by SonicGX98
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#19 Posted: 17:54:58 25/10/2013
My Super Smash Bros Brawl disc keeps on glitching out are something like that it happens to all my Super Smash Bros Brawl games I bought 3 and the same thing happens a character doesn't work and then the game doesn't work I get to the title screen and it crashes please help me I don't want to buy a fourth one
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:27 25/10/2013 by SkylandersGamer
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#20 Posted: 23:30:53 27/10/2013
Quote: SkylandersGamer
My Super Smash Bros Brawl disc keeps on glitching out are something like that it happens to all my Super Smash Bros Brawl games I bought 3 and the same thing happens a character doesn't work and then the game doesn't work I get to the title screen and it crashes please help me I don't want to buy a fourth one

It's probably your Wii's laser dying.
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#21 Posted: 01:07:56 28/10/2013
No it's the disc I played it on my friends Wii it crashed I played it on my Wii U it crashed
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8033
#22 Posted: 15:27:21 11/11/2013
Quote: SonicGX98
Warning to all Pokemon X and Y players, if you save in Luminose City, there is a chance that your save will become corrupt and you will have to start a new save file.

EDIT: A patch has just been released fixing this problem.

I was going to post this. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#23 Posted: 22:29:48 01/02/2014
Can someone explain to me why I can't here the voices during the cut scenes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:55 01/02/2014 by wickedrunt
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#24 Posted: 22:50:52 18/02/2014
Game: Lego Marvel Superheroes

Glitch: There are apparently more multiplayer glitches, but this is the only one I've found. When you and your friend ride the Hydra Tank, and it explodes (either due to launching rockets at a nearby wall, or just losing all of its hearts) The person in the turret gets kicked out of the map and you end up under Manhattan and the only way to get back is to fly back up to the city. This also lets you go to the other buildings over the lake, but you just pass through everything.
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#25 Posted: 01:20:05 01/08/2014
This is from an OLD game. In a 2-player Super Mario World, traveling between worlds 2 and 3 via tunnel causes you to briefly see the other player if they are not in "map sight" range.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#26 Posted: 08:41:28 31/12/2014
Game destiny
System ps3

Glitch
When I play raid with friends enemy's regain life after I kill them.
Then I randoly die from soft fall I'm not sure if servers itself or dunno my connection perfect
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8076
#27 Posted: 15:48:36 01/02/2015
THIS IS P DEAD NOW BUT I NEED HELP OMG

game: pokemon alpha sapphire (digitally downloaded from the eshop, not a physical copy)

glitch: it is constantly crashing. i randomly just keep getting a screen saying that an error has occurred and that i need to restart my ds.
this started happening a few days ago, i don't know what happened. like, i can play for a few minutes or so and it'll randomly crash and i don't know what to do about it now. i transferred all my important pokemon to my bank just incase something happens, but i'm trying to prevent that case.
H ELP
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#28 Posted: 19:03:08 20/03/2015
Anyone else get the new SSB for the WII U, runs good for like 2 months, then it just stops working?

& yes i checked the disc, it is the most perfect scratch free disc ever.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#29 Posted: 19:56:31 20/03/2015
I Just got Mario Party 10, and it randomley crashes mid game. I'm playing a board and the screen goes black, the Wii U shuts off, the quickly turns back on, and goes to quick start. Any ideas?
---
Dead
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#30 Posted: 15:49:29 25/03/2015
in garden warfare. when my family are using the internet....the game freaks out and when i run in the game it teleports me back where i was over and over again
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
shadowstarcat Gold Sparx Gems: 2177
#31 Posted: 11:49:30 25/05/2015
I know this game is known for glitches but...
In spyro enter the dragonfly, on of my save files just turned into slow motion. slow freaking motion! and I can't fix it!!
---
Im a crazy feral vigilante dragon lady
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#32 Posted: 02:05:57 13/08/2015
I have a bug in one game, and I need help.

Game: Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Bug: In the cavern were is the 30th Dark Gem, some platforms will start circling around a center pillar. The problem is, I exited of this area before I collected the Light Gem in the top, and, after coming back sometime later, the platforms don't move anymore. How can I make then move again? Just for reference, I play in a PS2.
---
Bruh
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#33 Posted: 05:04:54 24/08/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
in garden warfare. when my family are using the internet....the game freaks out and when i run in the game it teleports me back where i was over and over again

Not really a glitch, it's just the game responding to the high ping count.
---
words. letters. filler.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#34 Posted: 00:36:14 08/11/2015
My wii remote freaks out and starts controlling my character without my consent. Quite annoying but I can fix it, if only temporarily. I disconnect and reconnect it. It works, but only for a short while.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#35 Posted: 00:30:27 10/11/2015
^ Actually, that may be the case, as the only controlls affected are the control stick and I will try to see into it. Thank you very much for the insight, it really helped. I'm replaying super mario galaxy 2 and it really sucks when mario runs off the edge on his own and your like, smilie ?!!
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#36 Posted: 22:13:51 29/02/2016
OMG, OMG, UF2HLP!

In Minecraft, whenever I load a world... IT CRASHES! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! I CAN'T DO WITHOUT MY MINECRAFT! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#37 Posted: 17:04:34 30/11/2016
My Wii U has been freezing a lot recently. It's happened 3 times in the past month, and I'm starting to worry about it. This has never happened before now, not once in the 2 years I've had it.

It happened once with Hyrule Warriors and twice with Skylanders Imaginators. The discs are perfect, no scratches or anything, so I have no idea what it could be. Is there anything that could be causing this?
---
Strength, courage, and evil
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#38 Posted: 11:27:31 23/04/2017
Not a game breaking glitch, but if you've ever played Lego Island, get in any vehicle, go as fast as you can and, without stopping, get off the vehicle.
---
Soon.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#39 Posted: 03:05:42 11/02/2019
Aight so this is more for a PC Game I have from Steam that I have no idea how to fix.

I bought Melty Blood off Steam and installed it onto my computer.
When I click play, it says "preparing first time installation" then my computer pops up the window "Allow Valve to make changes to your computer" which I say yes, and then it turns to "Downloading Microsoft Direct x" right, then it "downloads" or whatever and the window closes.
Then nothing.
I click play again and the exact same thing happens.

I've checked the integrity of the files and they're all fine
I've checked the game files and the 2 things most on steam say I need to "delete" aren't there.
I'm running Windows 8 and as far as I know, I already have Microsoft X direct
So I literally have no idea what to do lmao can anyone help?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3849
#40 Posted: 03:01:31 12/01/2020
i don't need *help* with this glitch, but i thought it was funny smilie

it happened after i simultaneously hit a wall and finished a time trial

please don't mind my poor score. i'm still getting a hang of the short cut in this track
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#41 Posted: 05:13:13 08/02/2020
Mew in Pokemon Red and Blue.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6405
#42 Posted: 23:23:01 20/05/2020
Do anyone know what to do if since I updated to ios 13, the ios port of the world ends with you get a black screen any time I finish a day in the game. Tried sending a message to Square Enix but it seem they think it’s my fault and not that ios 13 broke the game.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me