Page 1 of 1
What SHOULD S3 reposes do? [CLOSED]
dudzor Green Sparx Gems: 146
#1 Posted: 22:16:59 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
So, as we all know, the S2 remakes are more or less controversial in the Skylanders collector mindset (in some cases), but what about S3?

To gather info, the S2 currently:

1) Have all of the upgrades of S1 + 1 Wow-pow

2) Unlock Heroics in both games

3) Have modified stats.

So, let's take a look at the S3s. Right now, all we know is that Stealth Elf is guaranteed to be an S3 and the 8 Forgotten are likely to become S3s (I categorize series by game, not by iteration). Now, of course they are expected to unlock heroics in the previous games, but what about the Forgotten and the Giants game?

Should or could the S3s of the Forgotten 8 be able to unlock the missing heroic challenges in Giants, allowing for every character to finish them all?
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2 Posted: 00:52:20 15/03/2013
I'd think code-divers/diggers would've found that by now if so, they were able to find the sidekicks before they were announced.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#3 Posted: 07:56:17 15/03/2013
yeah, that would require those challenges be on the Giants disc but without a set way to unlock them. seems very unlikely. It does raise an interesting question though about what a theoretical S2 Boomer would do in Giants
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#4 Posted: 08:56:19 15/03/2013
^it only said "series 2" because whatever figure was hacked had a "series 2 tag" in its coding.
all it means is that is was one of the series 2 skylanders that he hacked.
the "special tag" works the same way for variants.

but it is interesting that they decided to do this whole "tagging" thing, because it means they can make a series 2 Boomer (for example) for Swap Force, and have him show up as series 2 in Giants as well. he wont have a wow pow, but he prolly will have path switching and maybe even heroic unlocking.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:00:10 15/03/2013 by Hazard335
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#5 Posted: 15:08:53 15/03/2013
Newlanders should be able to do all the figure hunting for you.

1. Scour retailer websites for you to find characters at ideal prices

2. Sleep outside of stores on store release day, holding you a spot until the morning

3. Find ideally priced Ebay auctions for you and bid at last second to maximize savings.

Now that's my idea of a great toy.
---
Here we go again...!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 15:11:58 15/03/2013
they should not appear...

there is more enough to collect as is now...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 06:08:24 16/03/2013
^Took the words out of my mouth. I dare them to pull the same stunt again. I'll avoid them on purpose on principal.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#8 Posted: 08:27:48 25/03/2013
Back on topic...

I find the "series 3" skylanders interesting because I'm curious as to what they do. There are a few questions about them but some things that we know.

Things we know.

1) They will have a new Wow Pow ability. However, we don't know if this will replace the S2 Wow pow or give them both. The key word is new which could be taken either way

2) Series 1 Skylanders toys were that of the skylander in their base form. (Meaning what they look like without any upgrades.) Series 2, showed the figures with one of their upgrades. (Like Stealth Elf's upgraded daggers, or Terraphin's Brace Knuckles upgrade.) But not their new Wow Pow.

Things we don't know.

1) Their actual name... You in the interviews I've seen the person from the company allways refers to them as Reposed figures. And in most cases they tried to stress that name more than what fans/players have dubbed them as Series 3. In one instance the Skylanders Rep(or whatever you'd call him.) had a slight short of pause after the interview refered to the figures as Series 3. The way he did it was that he was trying to make sure he said Reposed skylanders and not accidently call them Series 3. This is obviously because they don't want to officially revel their names. Another point is that he said, "Series 3, as you call them" or something similer to that.

2) Now we know that series 1 was the base form and Series 2 was of an upgrade. But what about Series 3? From what we see on Stealth Elf is that she has both an new outfit and new daggers. However, neither the suit nor the daggers were apart of any upgrade from Series 1 or Series 2 Stealth Elf. That being said where does they come from. Now, it's possible that they come from Stealth Elf's S3 Wow Pow. But there's a problem there. As what we know is that with the upgrades, all armor/outfit upgrades are allways seperate from Weapons upgrades. So in a since the new Stealth Elf seems to be showing 2 upgrades. There can be 2 answers to this. 1) it could just be her wow pow as it give her both the daggers and the suit. However, as allready stated this is unlikely as it's almost 2 upgrades in 1. 2) It could be possible that one of them (most likely the daggers) is the Wow pow while the other is just a new feature of the Series 3. If that's the case it's possible that all the new Series 3 will have a new outfit as apart of what a series 3 is. This would give Series 3 more of a reason to get Though.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Jurr Green Sparx Gems: 133
#9 Posted: 08:50:15 04/04/2013
Well, the swap-force characters have a special transportation style, which might have something to do with the "extra levels". Maybe the new reposes have one of these special transportation styles?
---
You say potato, I say vodka...
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#10 Posted: 10:49:37 04/04/2013
The other idea is they have the same character, but completely different upgrade paths, so they can keep the same core characters, without everyone getting bored of playing them? Would be an interesting path to take, and maybe give the less hardcore collectors a reason to pick up a "series 3"
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#11 Posted: 15:42:02 04/04/2013
well when series 2 smilie and smilie get their wow pows they get a new attack and they look different smilie getting bigger tusks and smilie getting these weird things on his wings
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#12 Posted: 16:39:53 04/04/2013
they whould be allowed to have both path at the same time
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#13 Posted: 16:44:29 04/04/2013
Quote: EmperorKaos
they whould be allowed to have both path at the same time

I always wanted some sort of sandbox mode where you could do that....
#14 Posted: 16:49:26 04/04/2013
but then they wouldnt really be paths
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#15 Posted: 20:09:55 04/04/2013
Series 2 characters should act exactly how they did in SG, with a Wow-Pow.

Series 3 characters should act like series 2 characters but have another Wow-Pow and act like series 2 characters if used in Giants.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#16 Posted: 20:15:39 04/04/2013
S3 wow pows should be and either/or with the S2 wow pow. That is, you can choose either the S2 or the S3 wow pow
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 23:01:53 04/04/2013
S3 poses should pay my bills for me and find the other skylanders for me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#18 Posted: 14:13:22 15/04/2013
Quote: JCat
Back on topic...

I find the "series 3" skylanders interesting because I'm curious as to what they do. There are a few questions about them but some things that we know.

Things we know.

1) They will have a new Wow Pow ability. However, we don't know if this will replace the S2 Wow pow or give them both. The key word is new which could be taken either way

2) Series 1 Skylanders toys were that of the skylander in their base form. (Meaning what they look like without any upgrades.) Series 2, showed the figures with one of their upgrades. (Like Stealth Elf's upgraded daggers, or Terraphin's Brace Knuckles upgrade.) But not their new Wow Pow.

Things we don't know.

1) Their actual name... You in the interviews I've seen the person from the company allways refers to them as Reposed figures. And in most cases they tried to stress that name more than what fans/players have dubbed them as Series 3. In one instance the Skylanders Rep(or whatever you'd call him.) had a slight short of pause after the interview refered to the figures as Series 3. The way he did it was that he was trying to make sure he said Reposed skylanders and not accidently call them Series 3. This is obviously because they don't want to officially revel their names. Another point is that he said, "Series 3, as you call them" or something similer to that.

2) Now we know that series 1 was the base form and Series 2 was of an upgrade. But what about Series 3? From what we see on Stealth Elf is that she has both an new outfit and new daggers. However, neither the suit nor the daggers were apart of any upgrade from Series 1 or Series 2 Stealth Elf. That being said where does they come from. Now, it's possible that they come from Stealth Elf's S3 Wow Pow. But there's a problem there. As what we know is that with the upgrades, all armor/outfit upgrades are allways seperate from Weapons upgrades. So in a since the new Stealth Elf seems to be showing 2 upgrades. There can be 2 answers to this. 1) it could just be her wow pow as it give her both the daggers and the suit. However, as allready stated this is unlikely as it's almost 2 upgrades in 1. 2) It could be possible that one of them (most likely the daggers) is the Wow pow while the other is just a new feature of the Series 3. If that's the case it's possible that all the new Series 3 will have a new outfit as apart of what a series 3 is. This would give Series 3 more of a reason to get Though.
Or they made a third path for them too (But I dout they would have that mutch stuff in one figure because then you would get more play time)
---
Dead
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#19 Posted: 17:18:19 26/05/2013
Sorry for bumping, but @JCat. Countdown is tagged as "Series 1" in the demo video on the SkylandersGame channel. I suspect that this means characters' series is dependant on wether they have a repose, not which game they come out in. Boomer or Dino-Rang would be an S2 for instance.
#20 Posted: 00:48:39 27/05/2013
^or it could be the number of skylander games that character appeared in and if they got a repose since it is their third game they COULD be series 3 but you way works fine too
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me