Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Kingdom Hearts Topic!
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
The All-Purpose Kingdom Hearts Topic! [CLOSED]
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#1 Posted: 10:26:05 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I want to talk to my fellow KH players about the series in its entirety, I was bored. :/

Here's some things to kick it off with:

1. Which game was your favourite?
2. What did you struggle with most? (Please don't mention the Struggle Tournament unless you actually had trouble with it. >.>)
3. What would you change about the games?
4. Who's your favourite character(s)?
5. What do you expect to see in Kingdom Hearts 3?

I'll post my own answers later. smilie
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:27 09/06/2014 by Angel220200
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 12:26:03 12/03/2013
1. Would have to be 2, though DDD is quickly becoming my favourite
2. Catching up with story from CoM. Re:CoM was never released in Europe, CoM is very hard to find. Luckily, with 1.5 Remix being released here, I can finally play it! Also, the difficulty of the first game. Took me ages to get past some of the early-game stuff.
3. Change the earlier ones to use a similar command system as the later ones.(BBS, ReCoded, DDD)
4. Axel/Lea. Definitely. smilie Actually, pretty much all the Organisation.
5. More of the formula which has made the other games so appealing. Interesting worlds to explore. Lots of interesting characters. Well done characterisation. Etc
#3 Posted: 13:54:32 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
1. I definitely have to say 358/2 Days. I dunno why, I just love it to bits.

2. Getting through all the end bosses in KH2. >.>

3. As mentioned earlier, I would make the command system the same in the first bunch of games as the newer ones.

4. Xion, no doubt about it. Apart from her though, I'd probably have to say Roxas, Axel, Ventus and Aqua.

5. Most likely the same aspects that are found in DDD, along with new worlds and returning worlds. To do with the plot, I'm expecting Sora to find and rescue Aqua and Ventus, then another Keyblade war will happen to try and stop Xehanort.
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#4 Posted: 14:10:56 12/03/2013
1. I really liked 2, but I also loved 358/2 days as well, I just loved playing as the organization.

2. Figuring out how chain of memories combat system works, I still can't do it!

3. I would make chain of memories the same combat style of the second.

4. Xigbar definitely, saving you then trying to kill you, making Sora think he is Riku, and the speech at the beginning of 2.

5. I have no idea since I haven't played DDD because I don't have a 3DS.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#5 Posted: 17:51:23 12/03/2013
1. I liked the first one for the longest time, but I think DDD has over taken it.

2. Truth be told I thought the Ursula boss fight in the first game. I died at least 10 times. smilie

3. I didn't like the 5+ hour tutorial in KH 2.

4. Axel (Lea) or Riku.

5. I'd like to see the combat system from DDD return, though I'd like if they added the reaction commands from KH 2. Also, we need a Toy Story world.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
#6 Posted: 13:36:57 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: JetH7
3. I didn't like the 5+ hour tutorial in KH 2.

For me the tutorial generally takes less than 20 minutes. :/

Am I right to say that KH2 is easier than KH1?
---
#7 Posted: 14:00:44 13/03/2013
^ I found it was easier, but more fun.
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#8 Posted: 11:18:04 16/03/2013
1: Kingdom Hearts II without a doubt.
2: In KH1: I always hated the bits where that cheetah/lepeord/jaguar (whatever it was) in Tarzans jungle where it would randomly jump out, it made me want to stop the level...
In KH2: The boss fight with the Organization XIII guy with the water spells and guitar were always hard for me .__.
3: Nothing really, maybe the choice to see cutscenes again?
4: The three main ones (Sora, Donald and Goofy). Nuh not Kairi and Riku.
5: I haven't got the slightest clue. Better graphics and more worlds?

I want DDD so bad, it looks really good.
#9 Posted: 11:47:19 19/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: crystalhero37
the choice to see cutscenes again

They have that feature in 358/2 Days, it's pretty cool. I've actually memorized the majority of Xion's lines in all her cutscenes. (Fangirl alert :3)

To all my fellow KH players:

[User Posted Image]
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#10 Posted: 11:51:07 19/03/2013
Quote: Angel220200
Quote: crystalhero37
the choice to see cutscenes again

They have that feature in 358/2 Days, it's pretty cool. I've actually memorized the majority of Xion's lines in all her cutscenes. (Fangirl alert :3)

To all my fellow KH players:

[PIC]

Oh wow! Finaly smilie I should play it more then.

And that picture smilie
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#11 Posted: 04:00:56 28/03/2013
*Bump*
[User Posted Image]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#12 Posted: 04:11:04 28/03/2013
...That image will haunt my dreams.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#13 Posted: 08:39:15 28/03/2013
1. Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favourite game. It's easier and more fun than the first game. And I love the Gummi ship levels! They're so fun! :D

2. I'm struggling with most of the levels in the first game. I'm stuck in Hollow Bastian with the Beast. So I decided to play KH2 over and over again cos it's so fun.
And right now in KH2, I'm stuck fighting that organization 13 guy with the cards...I don't know what his name is.

3. Nothing, because the games are AWESOME! Actually, I would change the gummi ship levels in KH1, and make the levels not so difficult.

4. SORA. <3333 I also like Kairi and Roxas.

5. OHMYGOSH I CAN'T WAIT FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3!! I've heard that it will be on a 'past platform' so I'm randomly hoping it will be on PS3, so I'm saving up to for a PS3 (or a PSP if the game is released on that).
I am hoping to see SoraxKairi scenes! :3
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:32:47 28/03/2013 by Spyro-Gamer
#14 Posted: 01:23:56 29/03/2013
^ Good old Luxord eh?

yeah, good luck!
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#15 Posted: 01:02:20 30/03/2013
Omg Luxord is my favorite Org.13 Member smilie Most likely KH3 will be on PS3, since creator wants to go back to console, and PSP is pretty much done. PSVita might be a good area for a filler game.
---
words. letters. filler.
#16 Posted: 01:24:50 30/03/2013
I hope it is console wide though, because I'm about to buy my wii U.....
---
#17 Posted: 03:16:28 30/03/2013
Lol I hope not. PS3 and PS3 only.
---
words. letters. filler.
#18 Posted: 23:36:42 05/04/2013
Yeah, I heard the game was going to be on a past console. I'm saving up for a PS3.

I finished Kingdom Hearts 2 today! I didn't get 100%, but I still finished it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:56 05/04/2013 by Spyro-Gamer
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#19 Posted: 00:15:09 22/04/2013
I want to ask something. How good do you think the gameboy game is? I just noticed i had it and im tempted to play it.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#20 Posted: 05:15:09 22/04/2013
ITS BAD. SEND IT TO ME NAO
---
words. letters. filler.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#21 Posted: 06:03:27 22/04/2013
The Gameboy game is pretty good, I played it on my desktop a couple of times.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#22 Posted: 04:34:34 02/05/2013
Topic revival!!

Kingdom Hearts 2 & Birth By Sleep Final Mix (It's a tie)

2. What did you struggle with most? (Please don't mention the Struggle unless you actually had trouble with it. >.>)
Mysterious Figure... Other than him, Axel in ReCoM, and Demyx's water clones and Xiggy in KH2.

Remove the card system from CoM. The card system is evil! I'd also make an english version of KH2 Final Mix.

Larxene <3 and Aqua.

The Jungle Book world removed from BBS (google it), and for Sora to save Aqua, Ven, Xion, and somehow bring Namine' and Roxas back to being seperate people.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#23 Posted: 20:53:59 02/05/2013
I can't wait till Kingdom Heart 3 comes out. Even though I'll probably die when it comes out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:36 04/05/2013 by somePerson
#24 Posted: 04:03:08 04/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
The Gameboy game is pretty good, I played it on my desktop a couple of times.

You told me it was bad two months ago.
..Or were you comparing it to the other games? >.>
---
#25 Posted: 04:08:43 04/05/2013
Am I the only one who wishes there was a sound/music element or at least more moves related to it? Rhythm Mixer is like the only move related to music/sound even though it's a command style. (and an amazing command style at that. I love using it. X3)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#26 Posted: 00:05:27 08/05/2013
KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD REMIX IS COMING OUT SEPTEMBER 10TH 2013 AND IF YOU PREORDER, YOU GET A LIMITED EDITION ARTBOOK.
---
words. letters. filler.
#27 Posted: 00:29:26 08/05/2013
Considering I already have Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (yet oddly lack a japanese PS2), I think I'll pass on 1.5 HD. If it included 2 Final Mix, I'd be all over that.
---
#28 Posted: 06:36:36 08/05/2013
Quote: Seiki
Considering I already have Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (yet oddly lack a japanese PS2), I think I'll pass on 1.5 HD. If it included 2 Final Mix, I'd be all over that.

Love your Sora avatar by the way. :3

The Final Mix game is japanese, isn't it?
I heard that you need a strange card or something to change the commands and other things to english, I think.
haruhi97 Gold Sparx Gems: 2924
#29 Posted: 11:26:56 08/05/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD REMIX IS COMING OUT SEPTEMBER 10TH 2013 AND IF YOU PREORDER, YOU GET A LIMITED EDITION ARTBOOK.

Yay!!! I'm going to preorder!! smilie
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#30 Posted: 12:54:22 08/05/2013
Quote: haruhi97
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Yay!!! I'm going to preorder!! smilie

I was just going to post about that. Anyway, I'd say that KH II and DDD are my favorite games, I loved the free flow system for DDD and the fact that it felt like a console release like Birth By Sleep, and KH II for the awesome worlds it had and the different forms for Sora that were in that game. Also, it had the best final boss battle ever in video game history IMO.

As for the thing I struggled with the most in a KH game, I think Birth By Sleep was the hardest since I started out on Proud mode (I finished Ventus' story, I'm on Aqua's now) and
Vanitas was so hard to defeat, but probably because I tried to rush through his story, and I kept failing at all three forms.
Also, in DDD,
The Anti Black Coat and Especially Ansem Second Form were impossible (because I also played on Proud smilie) Also Young Xeanhort to some extent and the Anti Ventus becuase I didn't know you were supposed to time your attacks at the end. smilie
And ESPECIALLY in KHII
with Septhiroph. I counted and it took me 69 tries to beat him. And while All I got was the Fenrir blade from him, I did become pretty popular at my elementary school, I was in 3rd grade, for being the only one to ever beat him.

As for changing the games, I would make the party system more final Fantasy/Mass Effect-ish, so I could bring like Aladdin and Jack Sparrow on one mission and Tron and Riku on another.

My favorite characters are probably Riku, Roxas, Ventus, Lea/Axel, and Sora.

As for what I want to see in KH III, majke it a PS4 game. Also...

[User Posted Image]
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
#31 Posted: 17:26:01 08/05/2013
Quote: Spyro-Gamer

Love your Sora avatar by the way. :3

The Final Mix game is japanese, isn't it?
I heard that you need a strange card or something to change the commands and other things to english, I think.

Thank you. smilie.

All 3 Final mix games are japanese. I know you can get a special card and mod an english PS2 to ignore region lock. I don't know about changing the language though. Even then, I'd probably just do like I did with Birth By Sleep Final Mix (which has no region lock!! smilie) and have lots of cheat sheets.
I have a list of every command, ability, and melding crystal with written to the side what the japanese characters are that equal that command. Which is easy to figure out what is what using the command list in the journal.

The only really annoying part is that the X and O buttons are switched. So X is jump/go back from a menu while O is select/attack.
---
#32 Posted: 08:46:27 11/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Even so, doesn't it also include features from Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days?
Personally, I'm really eager for it. I haven't played Chain of Memories, PLUS there's extra cutscenes for 358/2 Days. Xioonnnnn.. ;__;
---
#33 Posted: 17:30:27 11/05/2013
1.5 HD Remix has Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (that even has english voice acting in scenes that were previously mute and reaction commands), RE: Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes from 358/2 Days.

I have:
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (as a ROM)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

The only thing that could get me to buy the 1.5 Remix is Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix or if I didn't have 1 Final Mix.
---
#34 Posted: 05:33:51 13/05/2013
I have Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. I plan to buy Kingdom Hearts 3 when I find out what console it will be on, so then I can buy that too, since I only have a PS1 and PS2.
#35 Posted: 12:40:16 19/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Going on to lists of what we have now, huh?
I have:
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2
+ A box of eight miniature keyblades. Which I've turned into necklaces.

I'm currently saving up for BBS aswell.. Don't have the money right now. >.<

I think Kingdom Hearts 3 will most likely be on the PS3.
---
#36 Posted: 23:30:05 19/05/2013
I have
Kingdom hearts
Kingdom hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom hearts Birth By sleep and BBS Final Mix.
Once I get paypal cash, I'm ordering CoM, and Re:CoM.
---
words. letters. filler.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#37 Posted: 07:36:40 20/05/2013
1. KH II. But if I actually got to play BBS, I think I would like that one too.
2. A **** load of bosses in pretty much all games, especially the first.
3. Dunno. Probably less cut scenes and more gameplay. Or at least make the cut-scenes less time consuming. And let Roxas appear more, since I miss that guy.
4. sora because i'm so unoriginal and boring (nah just kidding i like how he's different compared to most main protagonist due to his bubbly personality. Angsty characters can annoy me) I also like Axel, Roxas and Aqua.
5. 'Brave' stuff because even though I didn't like the movie, I just wanna see Sora with a bow and arrow because why not? Maybe Starwars stuff too.

I think I have all the KH games except for BBS (since I don't have a freaking PSP ;__;), COM and all the remakes/remixes. I plan on getting the remake for the PS3.

I actually used to not be a fan of KH and thought of it as 'meh', but then I grew to like it.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:23 20/05/2013 by DarkCynder_543
#38 Posted: 20:26:29 20/05/2013
On the topic of Star Wars/Marvel. I am VERY much opposed to the idea of this. Kingdom Hearts should stick to Final Fantasy and Disney. While Disney may own Star Wars and Marvel, they are different. They aren't Disney things, merely things Disney bought for the sake of monopolizing. If we're going to throw in Star Wars and Marvel, why not throw the Muppets into the mix? Disney bought them too. Heck, let's while we're at it let's add in ABC shows, Disney owns ABC as well.

I'm even on the fence about whether or not Pixar stuff should be included in KH. Depending on the movie and how it's done, it could be acceptable.
Something like Cars should be avoided, at all costs. There are no Humans in the movie and I don't like the idea of vehicle forms for Sora, Donald, and Goofy.
Monsters Inc could only work if they change into a semi-mosnter appearence and they do it right.
Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and maybe Brave could get very iffy.
Toy Story I'd be ok with, "Andy's Room" as a world. XP. They even almost had Woody and Buzz as summons in KH 2, model data still exists for this.
I also dislike the idea of a Ratatouille world, maybe just cause I'm not much a fan of the movie.
Up and A Bug's Life I'm also not very sure about.
---
#39 Posted: 05:05:09 21/05/2013
I don't want a lot of Star Wars in KH, since I honestly think it wouldn't work. I just think it would be cool to use light sabers *shot*.
---
#40 Posted: 08:56:49 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
On the topic of Star Wars/Marvel. I am VERY much opposed to the idea of this. Kingdom Hearts should stick to Final Fantasy and Disney. While Disney may own Star Wars and Marvel, they are different. They aren't Disney things, merely things Disney bought for the sake of monopolizing. If we're going to throw in Star Wars and Marvel, why not throw the Muppets into the mix? Disney bought them too. Heck, let's while we're at it let's add in ABC shows, Disney owns ABC as well.

I'm even on the fence about whether or not Pixar stuff should be included in KH. Depending on the movie and how it's done, it could be acceptable.
Something like Cars should be avoided, at all costs. There are no Humans in the movie and I don't like the idea of vehicle forms for Sora, Donald, and Goofy.
Monsters Inc could only work if they change into a semi-mosnter appearence and they do it right.
Toy Story I'd be ok with, "Andy's Room" as a world. XP. They even almost had Woody and Buzz as summons in KH 2, model data still exists for this.
I also dislike the idea of a Ratatouille world, maybe just cause I'm not much a fan of the movie.

I agree. Though, I wouldn't mind having a few characters featuring in some summons and spells. Y'know, to shake it up a little. It might draw some more fans to the series, too.

What worlds do you guys think will reappear in KH3? I'd personally like to see Radiant Garden again, one of my favourites, along with Traverse Town and Twilight Town. As for others worlds, though.. I dunno. :/
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#41 Posted: 12:26:33 21/05/2013
Quote: Angel220200

I agree. Though, I wouldn't mind having a few characters featuring in some summons and spells. Y'know, to shake it up a little. It might draw some more fans to the series, too.

What worlds do you guys think will reappear in KH3? I'd personally like to see Radiant Garden again, one of my favourites, along with Traverse Town and Twilight Town. As for others worlds, though.. I dunno. :/

I also agree with the non-Marvel/Star Wars comments.

As for reappearing? I'd hope at least one or two of those three reappeared, simply because they add an element which is almost completely central to the plot (I'd think Radiant Garden, at least, due to it's importance.). Maybe we'll see Castle Oblivion/The World That Never Was again - again, due to plot elements (I think Ventus was left in Castle Oblivion, right?). And then maybe the Mysterious Tower (Well, duh!).

As for Disney worlds?

Maybe we'll finally see a Jungle Book world.
#42 Posted: 21:17:16 21/05/2013
Reappearing worlds? I'm sure Mysterious Tower will come back as well as Radiant Garden. If we are to believe KH3 will involve saving Ven, Aqua, and Terra, then I am certain Castle Oblivion will return to retrieve Ven after saving Aqua, even if only in a cutscene. Keyblade Graveyard seems likely as well. I would like Traverse Town and/or Twilight Town to return, though I have nothing to base whether or not they will. I'm also sure Disney castle return, possibly just in cutscenes like Coded and KH1. Halloweentown and Olympus Colliseum have a high number of appearences in the games so I see them as likely.

On the note of new worlds, I have a good feeling one of the new worlds will be based on the Jungle Book. Some unfinished rooms of this unnamed world exist in BBS' coding, and last time a world ended up cut from a game it came up again later. (Prankster's Paradise almost being in 358/2 Days and later popping up in DDD)
---
#43 Posted: 09:37:17 22/05/2013
I personally want more of TWEWY.

I also want some Lilo and Stitch in KH3, but it probably won't happen. :(

and i'm cool with more of halloween town, since sora's appearance in that world is amazing
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:38:25 22/05/2013 by DarkCynder_543
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#44 Posted: 18:29:24 26/05/2013
Has anyone seen the timeline video on Gametrailers? Suddenly I feel more motivated to get 1.5 HD Remix.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#45 Posted: 05:01:11 01/06/2013
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance though I don't have much to choose between(Only played DDD and Re:Coded)
2. What did you struggle with most? (Please don't mention the Struggle unless you actually had trouble with it. >.>)
Wargoyle in Side:Riku
Controls maybe,I really don't know.
Riku,Xion,and Roxas.
Some new world,Reappearance of Aqua,Terra,and Ven,Kairi and Lea as Keyblade Wielders,new keyblades,possibly from the upcoming Kingdom Hearts χ.
---
Need: smilie,smilie
#46 Posted: 04:03:15 11/06/2013
HOLY MOTHERFLUBBING GOD. KINGDOM HEARTS 3 AND FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13 CONFIRMED! FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13 RENAMED AS FINAL FANTASY 15. HERE'S THE TRAILER OF KINGDOM HEARTS 3.
---
words. letters. filler.
#47 Posted: 04:21:11 11/06/2013
OH MY HOLY **** I NEED TO BUY A PS4, AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A PS3!!!!!!!!11!!!111!!!!

Looks like Twilight Town is coming back, sweet.

I may buy the game before I buy the console.....
---
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me