Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Infection: Rebirth [CLOSED]
Dacon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3176
#1 Posted: 18:37:09 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
INTRODUCTION

(Disclaimer: This RP is reboot of old, successful RP I joined long time ago. I hope this will not fail, I really want it to be like the old one used to be)

"It has been years since... It happened... Not many even remember it, everyone who survived all that are dead now. Well, not everyone, not me... Government claims this to be new sickness, but it is not. I recognise it, better said, it recognises me. The virus spreads across the land, government is selling medicine against it, but it doesn't kill the virus, only stops it trying to take control of you, for 24 hours... Listen to me, don't let any infected near you, this virus, it is not a gift like some of them say, it is a curse, you don't want to turn in to one of them."
~Unknown

Welcome to New York, rebuilt like many cities had been rebuilt after the unknown destruction all over the world many years ago. Not many remember what truly occured then. It is rumoured that the governments of all countries know what happened back in the days, but those are only rumours. There is talk of this medicine for some sort of new sickness... but what is this new "sickness"? The information surrounding this is very vague. the government keeps its people in the dark, it seems. Those that are brave enough to investigate are never heard from again once they start to discover what this is really about. Some say it is the flu. Some say it is a new form of disease sent by God and is a sign of the End Times. You, as a citizen, may choose to be ignorant or to find the truth. But beware. No one knows yet, because this second inundation is all just beginning...

PLOT

The situation is still new. But the increasing rumors cause some to feel uneasy. You as a victim must find others like you, if there are any, and get to the bottom of the secrecy.
Find the Cause.
Find the Leader.
Find the Cure.

THE VIRUS

You better have money for the medicine, the virus can be quite deadly! It is 80% 20% situtation, 80% goes for the possibility for you to become a zombie-like infected.

In the "80%" situation, situation one, you do not have special DNA. In other words, the virus treats you as a carrier, and its sole purpose is to quickly make you into a zombie to re-infect.

In situation two, you have special DNA. This situation gives you more time in between your initial infection and it's final stage. The virus treats you differently than in situation one by giving you abnormal abilities - what one might consider a "warrior" class, if you were to personify the viruses intent. Situation Two allows the Alpha Infected to choose its "Heir", in the event it perishes.

-SITUATION ONE-

Stage 1: No big symptoms, you might feel little weak.
Stage 2: Coughing and sweating begins, you are weak, very weak. Skin breaks out with rashes and flesh begins to deteriorate.
Stage 3: You are a mindless infected, your only purpose is to infect others. Your body is covered in rashes and pusing boils, and your flesh is hanging or coming off of your bones bit by bit.

-SITUATION TWO-

(20% possibility, is actually thanks to special DNA small amount of humans have in them, let me tell you the stages. Here, your skin might have light rashes, or a rougher appearance.)
Stage 1: You feel weak like others, but your fingertips seem to be oddly sharper.
Stage 2: You have become stronger than normal humans, your arms can shapeshift into claws and you are more agile.
Stage 3: You are lot more stronger and agile, your arms can shapeshift into claws and into blade, in this stage, you have gone insane
Stage 4: (Can be reached only by being infected by Alpha Infected) You are as strong and agile as Stage 3 infected, but sane. Your shapeshifting abilities include claws and blade.
Stage 5: Strongest infected, there only can be one of them, when that one dies, one of the Stage 4 infected evolves into Stage 5. Army calls this one "Alpha Infected" and "Father"/"Mother" (depending on gender) Shapeshifting abilities include claws, blade and spikes. Stage 5 infected is fully covered by same strong material their shapeshifting weapons are made of, creating strong armor.

RULES

- No Godmodding, even the infected can die

- Be respectful of other RPers and the rules, do not join if you do not like the rules or the way the role-play is ran. This includes ignoring characters, just don't do it if it's something that breaks no rules and the character is near yours.

- No script roleplaying

- To kill someone other's character, you have to get their permission for it. Please be realistic when in battles, even if this is a fantasy role-play, there will always be a level of realism pertaining to injuries or how one becomes infected.

- No one liners please. It allows the role play to develop to its full potential. Try to creative when you role-play, avoid posting things such as “Name sits down.”, and please dont just bump the topic.

- You can have as many characters as you think you can manage.

- If you wish to introduce a temporary side-character for a sub-plot with your character, please ask me first. I'm pretty welcome to any development of character, so I would probably be open to your sub-character plots.

- Try to be active. You may face removal of your characters if you are not, we can't just hang on dead characters. You are welcome to rejoin later, but be sure you are caught up and if using characters that you had before, try to find a way to explain their absence if they were a part for some time.

- This roleplay allows romance of any kind, however nothing explicit is permitted. No "instant" love please.

- This roleplay is based around explicit gore, please be mindful of that when joining.

- Your character is not perfect, always have flaws and virtues in mind when creating a character. It helps create a three-dimensional character and maybe even believable personality, even in a fantasy roleplay.

- No excessive OOC-only posts, please.

- There will be a posting order. I as the Game master will decide what it will be.
In the event that a player is unable to post when their turn comes, 48 to 72 hours will be allowed to pass, and if the poster has not taken their turn, the posting continues with the next player up.
This makes it easier for those that have to be away for a few days, can come back and easily track what happened.

If you will be absent for a period of time and do not want to be left behind, PM a Game Master and they will suspend your character, or after discussion pause the role play until you return.

ENTRY SHEET

Character sheet:
Name:
History:
Personality:
Career:
DNA: (Normal or Special)
Stage: (If infected)
Appearance:
Other:
---
GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN!

"I swear that thing has a mind of it's own." - Samius
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:03:03 15/03/2013 by Dacon
#2 Posted: 19:00:54 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
My characters:
Name: Father
History: Years ago, Father was just a normal human like many others. When the virus started to spread, he with his brother were one of the first ones to get infected, both of them were "special". Father embraced the virus, letting it turn him into stage 3 infected, his brother however began hating him for this, he wanted the cure. Surprisingly, when he was hiding in sewers, extermination team had been sent to kill the infected. One of the team members had found him and was sure he was going to be murdered by Father, but he wasn't. Father spared him, he had learned to control the virus, the member of the extermination team made same choice and spared Father.
Personality: Unknown for now, will be revealed in future.
Career: Unemployed
DNA: Special
Stage: 5
Appearance: http://24.media.tumblr.com/957...07tbvo1_500.png
Other: He is the only surviving infected from the original Infection Epidemic, the one no one than him and government remembers.

Name: Michael Remington
History: Michael moved 3 years ago from Miami to New York, being one of the best, yet youngest police officer there was in Miami, they transferred him to New York because of the "crazed men" wandering in the streets. He had heard many rumours of these "crazed men" carrying some sort of disease, perhaps rabies, or some other similar disease. After settling down to his new apartment in New York, he began his new job at New York Police Department as Police Officer, he mostly worked at night, which did happen to cost him one day dearly...
Personality: Brave, protective and righteous. Michael is ready to protect anyone he can.
Career: Police Officer
DNA: Normal
Stage: 1
Appearance:http://i998.photobucket.com/al...allerycom-1.jpg
Other: Young police officer who was bitten one night on his patrol, now he carries the medicine always with him, using it to not turn into one of the zombie-like infected.
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:13:55 20/03/2013 by Dacon
pinstar Green Sparx Gems: 171
#3 Posted: 01:14:10 10/03/2013
Name: Trace Legacy
History: Trace was the best bodygard till he killed who he was asined to pretect and got sent to jail
Personality: (present)Trace is usually friendly, shy, and a little naive. However, his personality changes drastically whenever he recalls past memories. (past) Trace is a heartless killer, who wants nothing less then the death of all peoples. He doesn't care for any life.
Career: bodygard
Stage: Unknown
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Other: mother was infected when she was pregnet is i am infection and immune to the vires
has amnesia
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:16:53 05/04/2013 by pinstar
#4 Posted: 08:46:55 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
You are in.
---

#5 Posted: 05:07:55 11/03/2013
OOC: cool wanna start?
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#6 Posted: 08:44:53 11/03/2013
Give me a bit to find a picture
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#7 Posted: 10:11:01 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Of course~
And pinstar, we waiting for a while
---

#8 Posted: 21:57:42 11/03/2013
Name: Marria Holow

History: There isn't much to say about Marria's past but when she became infected she was already ill. She was dying from leukemia and so when she got infected she some how survived but now she can't really do much on her own. She can run, walk talk and eat on her own but she can't fight or go out to places alone.

Personality: Marria is very emotional. She tries to be as kind as possible but is easily scared. She can be a clutz sometimes and most of the time she is quiet.

Appearance:
[User Posted Image]

Other: She was infected when the virus first started but she hasn't gotten passed the first stage yet.

Name: Kristina Holow

History: Kristina was her fathers favorite child because she was healthy and smart. But she never really cared about anything but her sister. She was always there for Marria and when someone bullied Marria, Kristina would kick their butts. She wouldn't let anything hurt Marria. But then her sister was diagnosed with leukemia and Kristina freaked out. She spent all of her free time in the hospital with her and when the doctors gave Marria only a few weeks to live she broke down and cried for hours. Then the infection hit. Kristina was running to the hospital to protect her sister but when she got there her sister was already infected. She saw this as a curse but when her sister recovered from her leukemia she saw it as a blessing.

Personality: She is very protective of Marria and is head strong. She doesn't follow orders and does things her own way. If she sees something as a threat to Marria she will 'dispose' of it.

Career: Bounty Hunter

Appearance:
[User Posted Image]

Other:
She is Marrie's older sister and doesn't take lightly to strangers that appear out of no where. If you have a weapon and you are near her sister she will put a loaded gun to your head.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:56:10 15/03/2013 by StoryGirl
#9 Posted: 23:42:44 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thou shall be in
---

darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#10 Posted: 06:13:41 12/03/2013
Name: Alexander (prefers Xander) Konger
History: Xander had a childhood that was rather rough. The economy and world around him had deteriorated from previous apocalyptic events that he was ignorant of, for the most part. The Swine Flu, some called it, had swept the entire country. Some called it another type of flu. Whatever it was, he was told that bodies had to be burned to prevent it's spread.
He moved from place to place growing up, moving to better living conditions, as some of the hasty architecture from restoring the destroyed city he lived in was not stable. He lost his younger brother to the ceiling collapsing in an apartment he lived in when he was 14.
After he moved out at the age of 18 he made sure the apartment he lived in was stable, and went to great lengths to make sure i wouldn't collapse. But even after he moved in he lived off of welfare, unable to find a job since he wasnt cut out for construction work. He stayed on welfare out of laziness.
Personality: He doesnt socialize much. Out of choice really, as he prefers to live his life online through gaming. When he chooses to socialize, it's usually to get a tattoo or hang out with close friends for guy time. But he isn't in-sociable.

Career: None (does lazeh gamer count?)
DNA: (Normal or Special) Special... inheritance.

Other: Ancestors survived previous epidemic. They are now deceased after prolonged life beyond the normal human lifespan thanks to it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:17 16/03/2013 by darkfurydragon
#11 Posted: 06:22:21 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Darkfurydragon, you are in.
Sleepy0429, I'm afraid I have to refuse your character.
Pinstar, could you little bit by the way, well, fix your character a bit? On other part, I got little bit a problem to understand what it's saying, and well yeah.

Okay guys, I'm going to start be little more serious of this now. And we need some more normal people.
---

#12 Posted: 19:07:15 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Alright people, there are going to be some changes now.
Game Masters of this RP are me and darkfurydragon.
We will have a post order how people will be posting, in that way, people on RP will easily find specific posts and such.
If you are not okay with these changes, you can leave the Rp now, If you are okay, then good.
---

#13 Posted: 22:26:19 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I don't want this to fall apart. Talk to darkfurydragon about other ways to get it working, then he can discuss with me about it. Okay?
---

#14 Posted: 02:09:58 13/03/2013
Im gonna add another character.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#15 Posted: 20:04:13 13/03/2013
OOC: Character Accepted StoryGirl! Dacon will be implementing some changes, he might ask for revisions depending on the changes.
#16 Posted: 03:48:59 15/03/2013
(when are we going to start?)
#17 Posted: 09:04:23 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
There has been some major editing. Everyone please read the first post again and edit your character sheets.
---

#18 Posted: 18:05:37 15/03/2013
what do we have to edit?
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#19 Posted: 19:37:55 15/03/2013
Welp time to do mine again
Name: Steamu
History: About 3 weeks before the infection began.He knew he had special DNA And there was a game in makeing called Happy Larrys Liehouse he did not do it how ever he got infected he is calm
Personality: Heroic bold Insame from time to time
Career: (past) Video game maker (current) None
DNA:Special
Appearance: [User Posted Image] Credit to maker
Other: Was healthy at one time
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:44 15/03/2013 by Sleepy0429
#20 Posted: 20:58:03 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Accepted.
StoryGirl, check out the edited Character sheet. It now has History and Personality.
---

#21 Posted: 21:32:23 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Looks good.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:36 15/03/2013 by Dacon
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#22 Posted: 21:51:56 15/03/2013
YO MAXYBON. CAN I JOIN? ;3
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#23 Posted: 22:26:26 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Sure, make sure to read the first post.
---

#24 Posted: 22:55:48 15/03/2013
Name: Rick Strestar
History: He was married before the infection started, but she was taken by the infection. He doesn't discuss about anything of that matter.
Personality: Calm and quiet. He always examines a situation before charging head on. He is smart, both book and street.
Career: In-training biologist
Stage: -
Other: He carries around a handgun in a holster, along with a small katana sword on his back.
---
#25 Posted: 11:39:49 16/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Ezio is in. And is he high? I might have to arrest him.
---

Skelamor Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#26 Posted: 15:07:06 16/03/2013
Hey, is it alright if I join? I haven't roleplayed for a while now, so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty... :)

Name: Lyra Nasova.
History: Lyra lost her family many years ago in a big fire, although she doesn't like to talk about it.
Personality: Very shy and quiet but also very friendly and always does her best to help others, her moods however can change very instantly and she cannot forgive others very easily.
Career: She is currently unemployed, however she has a talent for fixing machinery and aspires to be a mechanic.
DNA: Normal.
Stage: 1.
Other: She carries a small dagger wherever she goes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:05 16/03/2013 by Skelamor
#27 Posted: 15:12:02 16/03/2013 | Topic Creator
You is in~
---

#28 Posted: 15:15:20 16/03/2013
Yayyy~ :3
#29 Posted: 20:51:36 16/03/2013
he isn't high xD that is my man bby synyster gates..
---
#30 Posted: 22:40:00 16/03/2013
I have to agree that he looks high, Jesse/Ezio xD But he looks awesome too.
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5705
#31 Posted: 22:41:47 16/03/2013
may i join?
#32 Posted: 00:01:33 17/03/2013
Chloe/Skelamor, hai, and ugggh okay, we'll just say he is xD
---
Crescent Wing Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#33 Posted: 00:31:58 17/03/2013
I wanna join.

Name: August
History: August was born into a wealthy family in the middle of the old New york city. She always received the most expensive toys and books, but she didn't want toys or games. She wanted to try something new. Eventually she was able to get her parents to give her special training such as fencing and gun techniques. By the age of 14 she was able to do many different assualt manuvers and use a gun to her advantage. After the infectious disease spread and her parents died, August had miraculously survived and seemed to be unharmed. She now just fights to find the cure of the virus and hope to turn the world back to the way it was before.
Personality: She is very quiet and well mannered but is short tempered, but she never seems to loose it. She is also very mysterious and seems to know a lot about this virus, she seems to know more than most people and scients though.
DNA: (Normal or Special) Normal
Stage: (If infected) N/A
Appearance: [User Posted Image] (creditto artist)
Other: She carries a handgun or revolver with her.
---
Known as HeavenlyHeroGamer on Youtube.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:08 17/03/2013 by Crescent Wing
#34 Posted: 01:54:22 18/03/2013
//What needs to be fixed? o.o
---
#35 Posted: 02:54:56 18/03/2013
OOC: Please abide by the rules, everyone. If you wish to ask questions and such please post on the user's guestbook you are speaking.
#36 Posted: 05:19:14 18/03/2013
OOC: will fix soon dont hav long now
#37 Posted: 19:40:24 18/03/2013
OOC: Can't wait to start :3
#38 Posted: 22:16:07 18/03/2013
OOC: (yep fixed plees tell me in i need to fix more)
#39 Posted: 22:53:14 20/03/2013
Cannot wait to start!!!
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#40 Posted: 09:16:12 21/03/2013
OOC: Please note that I have my final exams starting around April-May, so if it comes to a point where I might not be able to post for a day or two around that time I'll ask Dacon/Max to let you know, seeing as he's my Fiancé and I talk to him all the time :) It shouldn't come to that problem though, but I just thought I'd let everyone know just incase.
#41 Posted: 04:28:34 14/04/2013
OOC: Character Accepted Cresent Wing!

Starting right now! I will be posting in lieu of Dacon, so next will be pinstar, and so on (Refer to posting order).
- New joiners can be allowed until the 5th page -
- Beyond the 5th page the rp is closed for applicants -

Suggested Post Order

Dacon
pinstar
StoryGirl
darkfurydragon
Sleepy0429
Ezio
Skelamor
Cresent Wing

In character:
THE OPENING

New York City is intact - it's just another day like any other. People everywhere in the city living their lives from day to day, but the pharmacies did have increased revenue lately, as well as the doctors.

There were rumors - quiet rumors, of a new disease about, most called it the flu, but the people were assured that it was nothing big, because there was a cure for it.

Other rumors circulated that it wasn't the flu, and those that found out what it was, were not heard from again - their names came into conversations from time to time...

Alexander Konger

Annoyance surrounded the young man's mind at all the rumors he'd heard of the new disease. Why was the government so focused on scaring the people into buying useless medication that did nothing for you, while they sucked the people's money away? the citizens were having a hard enough time getting by it seemed.

Xander got up, throwing the newspaper down on the couch he sat on which was in his little living-room/kitchen, and went to the cupboard to pour himself some coffee. I need to stop obsessing over the government's movments... I wonder if my pals are online playing. He took a sip of the coffee he poured, an went to turn on his xbox. In a minute he saw three of his good buddies were playing a game, and opted to join in.

Soon he was lost in the game world and several hours passed. He'd gone through an entire pot of coffee, and decided to call it quits for the day, signing off and turning on the television. There was a reporter on live camara reporting some interesting find she made.

'...as you can see, we were able to sneak past the barrier unnoticed, and we are live right now on the scene of a part of 78th Ave that has not been restored yet. It appears there is a quarantine here, it's small, and there is no further information on it, but- '

After a few seconds security ended up finding the reporter and were not kind about her and the cameraman's arrest, before the camera was shut off.

"Idiots..." Xander muttered with a snort, and changed the channel to something more mellow that he could doze off to.
#42 Posted: 01:55:28 20/04/2013
UPDATE: Posting order will now be:

Dacon
StoryGirl
darkfurydragon
Sleepy0429
Ezio
Skelamor
Cresent Wing

Users who have left:
pinstar

StoryGirl, you are up.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#43 Posted: 02:37:24 20/04/2013
OOC: I need a pm when its my turn.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#44 Posted: 00:13:59 21/04/2013
OOC this is really annoying!!! I dont like posting orders!!!

Marrie sat in the corner of the small room in the hospital where she was left quietly. Her head was throbbing and she just wanted to close her eyes and sleep but she was afraid to. She was so afraid to move and she kept looking at her window. She sat there with tears pouring down her eyes. She wanted her sister.

Kristina ran down the road avoiding everybody. She had to get to her sister. She ran quickly to the hospital and ignored the lady at the desk. She ran to her sisters room and burst through the door seeing her sister in the corner of the room. "Marrie!?" She gasped running over and pulling her into her embrace. "Calm down... It will be okay..."

"My head hurts Kristina... It hurts so badly..." Marrie said as the tears continued to fall.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#45 Posted: 01:59:11 28/04/2013
By request this thread has been closed because of a GM leaving.
If you are a GM of this RP and wish for me to reopen it, send me a message anytime with a link to this thread.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me