darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force, Waves, and our wallets
Page 1 of 1
Swap Force, Waves, and our wallets [CLOSED]
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 06:14:55 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I know it's waaay too early to speculate about what the waves for Swap Force will be like, but I do have one question for everybody. Do you think Swap Force will have 5 waves like SA did and Giants will?

There's even more figures than ever coming out with this new game, for the sake of my wallet, I'm actually hoping they break it up into more waves. I would love to get all of the figures as fast as I could, but money usually doesn't allow that.

Being able to afford an entire wave at once for SSA was no problem. For Giants, it was a little harder due to the bigger size of the waves (especially wave 1 and 2) but still doable. Now with swap force, if they still try to split everything into 5 waves, it will put quite a hole in my bank account.

By splitting everything up into more waves it gives my wallet more time to heal and build back up between each release. So, what do you guys think will happen, and what would you prefer?

And in case you're curious as to what the Wave breakdown might look like for SF, here's a list of what has been released for all the games so far, and has been confirmed for Swap Force: (This is just a count of individual characters. It does NOT include variants, Adventure Packs, Battle Packs, etc.)

Spyro's Adventure
32 Normal Figures

Giants
24 S2
8 Giants
8 Newlanders
8 LightCore
Total: 48 figures

Swap Force
16 Newlanders
16 Swaplanders
16 S3
8 LightCore
Total: 56 figs
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#2 Posted: 06:59:08 09/03/2013
as there will be another game a year after this ones release, even if theres more waves, there will be less time between the waves (thereby negating any possible healing time for our wallets smilie). however i would expect they would keep the same structure as giants, just have a few more in some waves.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:01:35 09/03/2013 by IJJusion
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#3 Posted: 02:59:31 11/03/2013
Personally, I'd rather there only be a few waves, as I only get them on vacation. I don't intend to get all the characters. I generally get 3-5 per game (plus several more if there's a good sale on).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Icespark Green Sparx Gems: 140
#4 Posted: 03:52:47 11/03/2013
I don't mind additional waves vs fewer wavesl, nor do I mind additional figures. I'm far more interested in consistent and constant releases. I prefer to know exactly when a figure is released, and when I can purchase it. I'd greatly appreciate simply being able to walk into a store and find everything I set out for on a shelf, and readily available, or pre-order them. (I recall, somewhere, pre-orders having been mentioned for figures for Giants; so much for those particular rumors.)

I grew tired of "The Hunt" a very, very long time ago.

That's not even starting on the price of fuel......
---
Highly interested in obtaining a Glitter Variant Sprocket! Please PM me! Any help is appreciated!
Also interested in Rock variants and White Prism Break.
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#5 Posted: 05:08:29 11/03/2013
Quote:
Swap Force
16 Newlanders
16 Swaplanders
16 S3
8 LightCore
Total: 56 figs
no no no its 8 swapable since there only 8 elemnts
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 05:22:30 11/03/2013
No, there are two swappers per element. Duh...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#7 Posted: 05:44:23 11/03/2013
2 swap elemtns? wind fire earth magic undead tech water life what 2 swappers

of course i see my mistake thx for correcting me hehe cause wash bukler and freze blade both water my mistake
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:45:15 11/03/2013 by zebas1234
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#8 Posted: 10:08:32 11/03/2013
I just don't want the waves to take forever to come out.
Remember how long it took for Wave 3 to come out?
Remember Wave 2 came out the day after the day the game was released?
I like when waves are frequent, but they don't release them all at once.
Take Wave 3 for example, at first it was the S2 and LC Shroomboom.
Then later but still considered Wave 3, the battle pack, Thumpback, and Eye Brawl were released.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 18:52:14 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree about all the Wave consistency stuff. Can it really be that hard for Activision/TFB/VV to just tell us "Hey, Wave X comes out on this date, and X variant will be released at this store exclusive on X date."?

Or if they won't tell us when new waves will come out, make the releases on a predictable schedule, like have a new Wave come out every other month or something like that. That way we'll know how long they're planning on stretching the releases out, and have a better idea of how they'll split them up.

I get that they want to save a bulk of figures for a winter release for the holidays, but I agree that it was total crap that we had Wave 1 and 2 in the first week of Giant's release, and then we didn't get Wave 3 for months later.

Just as annoying is the fact that they're ridiculously stretched out Waves 3 and 4. I don't want to have to keep hunting for a couple of S2s, then a LC a week later, then a variant after that, and then the Giant. I just want to take care of them all at once.

And seriously, how hard is it to just announce their plan?! I never want a repeat of the way Ninjini was handled. I mean, we didn't find out about her until a day before she was released, and the HTA was announced the night before! I think it's kinda rude to all of the loyal fans and collectors to leave us in the dark like that. And we still don't even know about Polar Whirlwind and Scarlet Ninjini, or the Wave 4 LCs. And I'm sure all this will just repeat all over again when Wave 5 comes around.

Ok, sorry for the long rant, I've just really been wanting to get all that off my chest to someone who actually understands. lol.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 21:09:44 11/03/2013
This is what I want.I would like at least 6 or 7 waves for this game.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#11 Posted: 14:32:15 12/03/2013
prepare to kill your wallets....
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#12 Posted: 16:43:56 12/03/2013
Can't wait till' i'm 14 So I can start working.

But that's 2 Years from now smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#13 Posted: 20:52:36 12/03/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Can't wait till' i'm 14 So I can start working.

But that's 2 Years from now smilie

sadly it will be to late then alot of skylanders stuff will no longer be for sale..... but you can work as a paperboy and have a lemon stand in the summer already now.... so you at least should be able to get some money and buy some of the stuff....
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me