Page 1 of 1
Lack of Swap Force info. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 17:07:11 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I knew this was going to happen, and it's a pattern that sucks.

When the first game was revealed at TF 2011, we got next to no new info until around E3. After E3, we got next to no info until a couple of weeks before launch.

When the second game was revealed at TF 2012, we got next to no new info until around E3. After E3, we got next to no info until a couple of weeks before launch.

Now, the third game has been revealed at TF 2013. We have no new info, and I imagine we won't be hearing or seeing much about Swap Force until E3. After E3 info will dry up again until just before launch.

I wish they would keep info coming, so we aren't in the dark for so long before each new game's launch.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 17:43:01 08/03/2013
Agreed completely.

We need to know what we're gonna be buying soon.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#3 Posted: 17:46:19 08/03/2013
Other than curiosity about new characters, I have no problem waiting for most of this game's info.

The only thing I personally would appreciate knowing as soon as possible is if they are going to re-release the 8 characters that were not released for Giants (Ghost Roaster, Whamshell, Sunburn, Boomer, Dino Rang, Camo, Warnado, Voodood). Granted, this is a double-edged sword. If they say no, they aren't re-releasing them, then ebay resellers are going to jack prices on them like crazy. However, if they are going to release them, they are potentially losing sales of swap re-poses the longer they wait. I'm sure I'm not the only parent that has said "You have that guy already...Yeah I know he looks different, but I'm not buying the same toy again for $10+" but has gone on Ebay to buy ones they don't have already that can't be found. I would gladly wait for the re-pose and buy at retail than pay a reseller premium on these things. But the longer they wait, the more birthdays, holidays, "I just bought you this because" days that pass and the more likely I hit up Ebay and they lose a future sale.
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:00 08/03/2013 by Skylanders Dad
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#4 Posted: 20:17:09 08/03/2013
If the new reposes do in fact have a different upgrade paths, I would think they wouldn't work in the previous games. But...there are some of the prior characters that could use some changes to their paths.

Also, some of the Soul Gem abilities from SSA have been rendered almost usless, like Stump Smash for example. How many levels actually even had water for his ability to even be used?

I will be HIGHLY disappointed if most if not all of the forgotten 8 of SSA don't get reposes for SSF. I just saw some Skylanders shirts at my local Target and to my surprise Dino Rang and Ghost Roaster were both featured prominently. If they can make a t-shirt, I hope they can make the repose list.

Since there are twice as many characters as last year, hopefully they'll trickle out more info now and then to keep us excited.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:26 08/03/2013 by Zylek
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#5 Posted: 20:53:24 08/03/2013
Well, hopefully at E3 they will release lots of info to people that they can comprehend and analyse, by then, the game will come out
---
Im so proud of you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me