Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Bank [CLOSED]
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#1 Posted: 03:14:31 07/03/2013 | Topic Creator
This idea has probably been voiced before, but There really needs to be a bank in game. Theorhetically you could deposit one skylanders money into it and withdraw with another. I doubt Swap Force will have it, but it would be nice. Thoughts?
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#2 Posted: 04:21:02 07/03/2013
I like this idea, it would be useful.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#3 Posted: 04:29:28 07/03/2013
I've been thinking this since the first game. It would just make things so much easier.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#4 Posted: 04:59:46 07/03/2013
I would kill for this to happen in game. I have wanted this from day one.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#5 Posted: 13:03:12 07/03/2013
Quote: Kiroq
I like this idea, it would be useful.

I like that as well. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to having a max cash zap who only needs ninginis heroic challage. This could make it even faster to max out!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#6 Posted: 13:16:37 07/03/2013
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the bank? It would (provided one uses it, which they will if they get tired of the levels) only decrease replay value in my personal opinion.
spyrodadragon1 Green Sparx Gems: 124
#7 Posted: 13:44:38 07/03/2013
nope youre not alone
---
hey i am back
NEW ACCOUNT used to be spyrodadragon so not really red sparx
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#8 Posted: 16:07:02 07/03/2013
yah... i miss a bank in skyland too. it should be done asap in skylanders4....
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#9 Posted: 21:26:34 07/03/2013
The Skylander owns it. You can't just go giving Eye-Brawl Spyro's money!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#10 Posted: 22:03:50 07/03/2013
how exactly would a bank work? since money is stored on the toy, where would it go? each save game is separate so if it was in game, you'd have to remember which game has your bank, and better hope you never delete that game.

The only way this could work would be to either allow one toy to transfer money to another toy on the portal, or toy have a bank toy that you could place on the portal and transfer a characters money into or out of. Not sure how you'd set an amount though.

I'm not really a fan of the idea anyway as it takes away from each Skylander toy earning their upgrades
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#11 Posted: 22:12:53 07/03/2013
Quote: tmentuis
This idea has probably been voiced before, but There really needs to be a bank in game. Theorhetically you could deposit one skylanders money into it and withdraw with another. I doubt Swap Force will have it, but it would be nice. Thoughts?

we need this I have a fully upgraded smilie and he has alot of $
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 22:17:44 07/03/2013
If Auric runs it, I call reference to Moneybags.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#13 Posted: 02:09:54 09/03/2013
I like that idea. Some have 20,000 and others have 550 coins. I'd give my Newlanders my older Skylanders' coins.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 03:36:08 09/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the bank? It would (provided one uses it, which they will if they get tired of the levels) only decrease replay value in my personal opinion.

Activision killed reply value by having more characters than what is REALLY needed to complete the game. You mean having 45+ characters in a game and you haven't played through it yet?

This is simply making the GRINDING a bit more bearable. All my son does is play the same screens OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER to get what he needs to upgrade skylanders...Pooling funds sounds like a good idea...and one that could easily have an off/on switch if it bothers you.

By that logic, only the skylander who captured a hat should wear it (that way you have more "play value" lol)...but NOOOOOOO....it's a pooled concept...Precedent has already been set. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:40:04 09/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#15 Posted: 13:28:33 09/03/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
how exactly would a bank work? since money is stored on the toy, where would it go? each save game is separate so if it was in game, you'd have to remember which game has your bank, and better hope you never delete that game.

The only way this could work would be to either allow one toy to transfer money to another toy on the portal, or toy have a bank toy that you could place on the portal and transfer a characters money into or out of. Not sure how you'd set an amount though.

I'm not really a fan of the idea anyway as it takes away from each Skylander toy earning their upgrades

You could go to where you take out the money, then it should say "How much money to go out" and you type it in and then click "ok" and done. Then if another Skylander wants money they can go in the bank. See all the money that has ever been put in it, take how much money you want out and then that Skylander has the money
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#16 Posted: 18:39:25 09/03/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames
Quote: DragonsDream

You could go to where you take out the money, then it should say "How much money to go out" and you type it in and then click "ok" and done. Then if another Skylander wants money they can go in the bank. See all the money that has ever been put in it, take how much money you want out and then that Skylander has the money

Which still doesn't answer the question of where this bank is saved. Each game is seperate.
I suppose each saved game could have it's own bank but that could get confusing. Besides Auric's Vault is easily accessible so grinding isn't really necessary.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#17 Posted: 21:08:14 09/03/2013
It would be useful indeed, but it might damage the replay value. Personally much of my replay time was spent grinding cash to get upgrades, but with this players could buy thier upgrades right away, with spare gold collected in previos games with other characters.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#18 Posted: 22:09:54 09/03/2013
To the people who think it would be useless, or make replay value moot, I'll say this.

In Giants, the one thing that time and time again annoyed me was Auric's Shops. I WANTED to obtain all the hats, Skystones, arenas and heroic challenges, and needed to get the luck-o-tron bulbs and charms. And while some were easy to get, only costing a few hundred, that one heroic challenge that cost like, 20,000 gold was just a pain in the butt. To avoid having my new Skylanders having their money saved for upgrades stolen, I had to go through all of my previously fully upgraded figures in order to find just one with enough gold to get what I was looking for.

All that while, fiddling around and playing parts of levels till they became boring, all I thought about how good a bank would be. That, and I like to fully upgrade my Skylanders as soon as I get them so they're more fun to use.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me