darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Nintendo plans NFC Functionality in the future
Page 1 of 1
Nintendo plans NFC Functionality in the future [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 22:18:17 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
[Source]

In an interview with Polygon, Miyamoto says that NFC tech is something they're going to concentrate on the future. As my fellow Wii U owners probably know, it's one thing that's not used at all on the Gamepad, despite it being shown off in trailers for the console and for Rayman Legends until that was scrapped.

"With NFC, that's a feature that everyone that owns a Wii U can take advantage of," Shigeru Miyamoto told Polygon in an interview this afternoon. "So that's what we're putting our priorities right now. We're hoping that in the near future we'll be able to show you something that will take advantage of the NFC on Wii U and people will be able to enjoy that."

I'd like to hope in the future that Skylanders/Activision could actually pull off a deal with Nintendo to make the Wii U versions of the game cheaper, and you wouldn't get the Portal, but that seems like it'd probably not happen.

What do you guys think about other NFC games, especially if Nintendo can pull it off well? I figure that having some competition in the field would be great; especially for Skylanders and to a lesser extent for Disney Infinity.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#2 Posted: 22:23:39 05/03/2013
it wont happen with skylanders, the key thing with the 3 consoles is they all work the same way

theyve said they looked into NFC, but the portal is part of the magic, and having a character sit near the controller is far from magical, or trying to balance it somewhere on the controller is just silly.

i doubt skylanders will ever have the toys working in with the NFC feature of the Wii U, other games will take advantage of it, but a game so built around universal usage, it just wont happen.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 22:47:16 05/03/2013
This time next year, the Wii U will be struggling to fight for scraps of market share against similarly priced, but much more powerful, consoles that have about 10 times as much third party support…

That’s if it’s even around this time next year…
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 23:01:00 05/03/2013
I don't think it will happen with Skylanders. Shigeru knows he can use it because that's the console the company he works in created and publishes exclusively for. They can definitely make it work in the same way, but for one version of the game, I don't think they will.
They definitely won't do it to make the game pack cheaper. They are Activision, and getting the feature added will cost them money. smilie
Quote: kappapopm
This time next year, the Wii U will be struggling to fight for scraps of market share against similarly priced, but much more powerful, consoles that have about 10 times as much third party support…

Hi, Mr. Purist
Same thing has been said about every single console launch in the past by all the one-company loyalists such as yourself.

'Course I'm only feeding you, I don't even know why.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#5 Posted: 23:22:35 05/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm

just like how the Wii failed compared to the xbox and ps3

oh wait
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me