Page 1 of 1
Activision.... [CLOSED]
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1 Posted: 11:52:32 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
You're going to milk the money out of people with this franchise. I think two games is okay but I'm honestly considering not getting this one.
Skylander Man Blue Sparx Gems: 574
#2 Posted: 13:19:26 01/03/2013
This one will probably be the best.
---
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 13:53:02 01/03/2013
yes best not to buy the swap farce... just save up your money for skylanders4 that will come next year... that is what i am doing.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 14:30:22 01/03/2013
Looks like it'll have the best additions of the three so far, but I'm thinking of selling my GIANTS collection besides a few- since playing SSA again, on my PC, I've stopped playing Giants outside of smilie and my Nightmare Mode solo. And for a completionist the collection is basically "all or nothing!". I need to draw a line somewhere. -

I think that SSA really is the better game so far due to having more level variety despite being really easy, and missing the wonderful additions of difficulty levels and quests. I know I'll easily get my value back from it replaying it and the Skylanders in it over the years, but Giants is sort of overwhelming me with all the things to do that I need to tick from its list. I'm thinking of keeping it only because it has a better Battle Mode. I mean the sequels are basically just oiling up more tiny things, but SSA is still most appealing to me right now.

But on-topic again... Well it's like Pokémon to me- after I finished Black and White I went right back to SoulSilver as I like that most. But they're still good games so I still bought B2W2. When all was said and done, back to SoulSilver again. Now it's the same with Swap Force... I know I'll go back to SA... The difference is that I'm just not willing to buy Skylanders again cause I know I'll make myself buy all the toys again if I do get it(see: Heroics).
(P.S. Provided it has more replay value than BW I think X will trump SoulSilver for me. smilie)
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#5 Posted: 20:12:42 01/03/2013
i too hate it when companies continue to make the games i like.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#6 Posted: 20:35:03 01/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion

Yes, how dare they!
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#7 Posted: 21:11:41 01/03/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
Quote: IJJusion

Yes, how dare they!

Ooooo Scandalous. smilie
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 21:18:32 01/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
But on-topic again... Well it's like Pokémon to me- after I finished Black and White I went right back to SoulSilver as I like that most. But they're still good games so I still bought B2W2. When all was said and done, back to SoulSilver again. Now it's the same with Swap Force... I know I'll go back to SA... The difference is that I'm just not willing to buy Skylanders again cause I know I'll make myself buy all the toys again if I do get it(see: Heroics).
(P.S. Provided it has more replay value than BW I think X will trump SoulSilver for me. smilie)

I understand what you're saying. I have one of five choices as I see it:

1. Buy Swap Force and Use the Characters I've bought and buy no more.
  2. Buy Swap Force and Buy only Swap Force and New Skylanders (No Repose)
  3. Buy Swap Force and Buy All Characters but No Variants
  4. Buy Swap Force and Buy Anything that exists
  5. Skip the game entirely because I don't have control to limit myself as I indicated above. LOL

It will be interesting to see how Activision deals with consumer wallet pressures and Disney Infinity.

Quote: kappapopm
yes best not to buy the swap farce... just save up your money for skylanders4 that will come next year... that is what i am doing.

Are you being serious? I detected sarcasm but wanted to be sure.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:20:47 01/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 21:29:01 01/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
You're going to milk the money out of people with this franchise.

Activision has been doing that with their other games for several years now.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#10 Posted: 21:33:06 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I know that.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 21:47:39 01/03/2013
Then what did you expect from Activision when they are the current holders of the Skylanders IP?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:40 01/03/2013 by Aura24
spyrodadragon1 Green Sparx Gems: 124
#12 Posted: 23:25:36 01/03/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I understand what you're saying. I have one of five choices as I see it:

1. Buy Swap Force and Use the Characters I've bought and buy no more.
  2. Buy Swap Force and Buy only Swap Force and New Skylanders (No Repose)
  3. Buy Swap Force and Buy All Characters but No Variants
  4. Buy Swap Force and Buy Anything that exists
  5. Skip the game entirely because I don't have control to limit myself as I indicated above. LOL

It will be interesting to see how Activision deals with consumer wallet pressures and Disney Infinity.

Are you being serious? I detected sarcasm but wanted to be sure.

3 but adding vodood repose (if it happens)
---
hey i am back
NEW ACCOUNT used to be spyrodadragon so not really red sparx
spyrodadragon1 Green Sparx Gems: 124
#13 Posted: 23:34:06 01/03/2013
Looks like it'll have the best additions of the three so far, but I'm thinking of selling my GIANTS collection besides a few- since playing SSA again, on my PC, I've stopped playing Giants outside of smilie and my Nightmare Mode solo. And for a completionist the collection is basically "all or nothing!". I need to draw a line somewhere. -

I think that SSA really is the better game so far due to having more level variety despite being really easy, and missing the wonderful additions of difficulty levels and quests. I know I'll easily get my value back from it replaying it and the Skylanders in it over the years, but Giants is sort of overwhelming me with all the things to do that I need to tick from its list. I'm thinking of keeping it only because it has a better Battle Mode. I mean the sequels are basically just oiling up more tiny things, but SSA is still most appealing to me right now.

if you sell on ebay i may buy cetain skylanders

edit imeant evilbay

double edit sorry for double post just realized it
---
hey i am back
NEW ACCOUNT used to be spyrodadragon so not really red sparx
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:42:26 02/03/2013 by spyrodadragon1
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#14 Posted: 07:51:14 03/03/2013
They never milked me. I never payed for any of my figures over retail price, bought many on AMAZING sales, never bought a variant, and didn't buy the reposes, and I have all 32 originals, 8 giants, and 8 newlanders. So I don't see the new game being any different. And I think it looks very exciting. The graphics are smooth and beautiful and they look like they are interested in gameplay a lot.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#15 Posted: 08:15:09 03/03/2013
Quote: LoveProfusion15
They never milked me. I never payed for any of my figures over retail price, bought many on AMAZING sales, never bought a variant, and didn't buy the reposes, and I have all 32 originals, 8 giants, and 8 newlanders. So I don't see the new game being any different. And I think it looks very exciting. The graphics are smooth and beautiful and they look like they are interested in gameplay a lot.

some people would still call that being milked, as the toys cost little to nothing to make

what it comes down to is its worth as much as you're willing to pay.
people who have bought variants for 100$+ dont feel like theyre being milked they are happy to pay that amount and feel good about owning that figure

i personally only purchase 1 of each skylander (so no reposes/variants or series 1 if i have a series 2) now ive spent a lot on them all over the years collecting them
but i dont feel like ive been milked, i love the figures and i love the game

to each their own.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:16:18 03/03/2013 by IJJusion
#16 Posted: 10:59:27 03/03/2013
activision=scrubs
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#17 Posted: 12:00:50 03/03/2013
I for one saw this coming from a mile away.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#18 Posted: 13:14:44 03/03/2013
Quote: Ryanator20x6

good that someone have some common sense, and boycott this travesty of skylanders called swap force. jumping in a skylanders game was just a bad joke if you ask me. after all we have done fine without it for two games. no jumping was also how skylanders the game did stand out from the crowd. from the jungle of mediocre crappy jump'n run platformers out there. what skylanders needed is online game play so you can play with friends, and more game content. but no we ended up this swap farce, pay more if you want to play again a 5 hour game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:16:59 03/03/2013 by kappapopm
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#19 Posted: 00:54:56 04/03/2013
Quote: Ryanator20x6

good that someone have some common sense, and boycott this travesty of skylanders called swap force. jumping in a skylanders game was just a bad joke if you ask me. after all we have done fine without it for two games. no jumping was also how skylanders the game did stand out from the crowd. from the jungle of mediocre crappy jump'n run platformers out there. what skylanders needed is online game play so you can play with friends, and more game content. but no we ended up this swap farce, pay more if you want to play again a 5 hour game.

I'm actually optimistic about SF. Sure, as time goes on I'll buy less and less figures, but I'll follow this series until it gets really bad or ends.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me