Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus [CLOSED]
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#1 Posted: 15:52:00 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
News:

New Fairy Type Announced:

"During the Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that Pokémon X & Y will include the new Fairy-type which includes Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff and Marill and is super effective against Dragon types. Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy, Marill is Water/Fairy and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy." (Quoted from Serebii)

New X & Y Gameplay Trailer:

Upcoming Pokemon Movie:
Pokémon Extremsepeed Genesect - Mewtwo's Awakening (Title subject to change outside Japan)

Trailers/Videos:
Trailer1, New Mewtwo Form

Posters:
Current
Older
Oldest

Screenshots:
Genesect, Genesect, Mewtwo, New Mewtwo Form, Genesects

Plot

Pikachu Short:
- Screenshots:
Eeveelutions, Sylveon, Title, Sylveon
_

Current/Upcoming WiFi or Wireless Event:
  • None now

• Upcoming Pokemon Games:______Estimated Release Dates:

Pokemon X & Y Versions:
    >Official Website<

New Pokemon:___________________Screenshots/Pics:

• Chespin (Grass Starter)_________1, 2, Move Menu
    • Fennekin (Fire Starter)__________1, 2, Move Menu
    • Froakie (Water Starter)_________ 1, 2, Move Menu
    • Sylveon (Fairy Type)___________ 1, 2, Video, Artwork: VS Hydreigon - It's a new Eevee evolution and all new Fairy Type.
    • Xerneas (Legendary of X Version)_ 1, 2
    • Yveltal (Legendary of Y Version) __ 1, 2
    • Pancham (Fighting Type)________ 1, 2
    • Fletchling (Normal/Flying Type) ___ 1, 2
    • Gogoat (Grass Type) ___________ 1, 2 - It's used as a mount to get around in the game
    • Helioptile (Electric/Normal Type) __ 1, 2
    • Awakened Mewtwo ____________ 1, 2, Video - It will make an appearance in the upcoming Genesect movie
    • Noivern (Flying/Dragon) _________1, 2
    • Vivillon (Bug/Flying) ____________ 1, 2
    • Clauncher (Water Type) _________1, 2
    • Skrelp (Poison/Water) __________1, 2
    • Talonflame (Flying/Fire Type) _____ 1, 2 - It's the evolvence of Fletchling.
    • Ko***imushi (Jp. Name - Bug Type)_1 - It's the first stage pre-evolution of Vivillon
    • Spewpa (Bug Type) _____________1 - It's the second stage pre-evolvence of Vivillon and the evolved form of Ko***imushi
    • Shishiko (Jp. Name - Fire/Normal) __ 1
    • Furabebe (Jp. Name - Fairy Type) __ 1 - It's the lightest and smallest Pokemon that ever existed. It's not the flower, but it has to find a flower which it then protects its entire life. There will be Furabebe holding different plants in the game.

New Moves:

• Parting Shot (unknown Type, but possibly Fighting) - "Parting Shot is a new move that Pancham can learn. The user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party." (quoted from official X & Y website)
    • Parabolic Charge (Electrik Type) - "Helioptile can learn the new Parabolic Charge move, which heals the user for half the damage it deals to enemies." (quoted from official X & Y website)
    • Boomburst (? Type - possibly Fire or Dragon) - Hit all other Pokémon in battle, including allies, with Noivern's Boomburst move, a new and powerful attack!

New Features:

• Pokémon-Amie - Care for Pokemon in your team by feeding them treats and petting them. Each Pokemon prefers different ways of making them happy, so if done wrong, it can get upset. This feature seems to be mainly for improving your Pokemon's happiness level.
    • Mounts - You can ride Gogoat as a means of transportation.
    • Rollerskates - These might be a replacement for Running Shoes, which were in previous Pokemon game versions.
    • Air Battling - Currently no information on this feature and what triggers it.
    • Horde Encounters - You'll sometimes be swarmed by up to five wild Pokemon that grant bonus EXP.

Other Images:
    Lumiose City Artwork, Kalos Region,Trainer standing near a pre-evolved form of Gogoat?, Trainer Encounter, Challened by Trainer
    _

I will update this page periodically when new Pokemon news comes out, or if I want to add more information to it, so occasionally check back.

Edit:
  • 6/12 - Added three new Pokemon revealed by CoroCoro.
  • ---
    Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
    Edited 15 times - Last edited at 19:32:47 12/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
    SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
    #2 Posted: 16:33:54 28/02/2013
    Woah with Sylveon! smilie What type is she?
    ---
    His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
    Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
    Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
    #3 Posted: 17:12:56 28/02/2013
    ^I don't think they revealed it yet.

It looks like a Normal or Flying type to most people though.
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
    #4 Posted: 17:16:06 28/02/2013
    It looks like BW 116 (due out next week in Japan) will see the return of...

Brock, Misty, and Ash's Charizard.
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
    #5 Posted: 17:21:56 28/02/2013
    im so psyched about x and y i know i lost intrest in pokemon but this looks great
    ---
    Fired up for victory
    azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
    #6 Posted: 18:53:49 28/02/2013
    I have a question.What is the w2/b2 pokedex?
    ---
    Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
    #7 Posted: 18:55:52 28/02/2013
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unovadex.shtml

Here's the Unova Dex for B2/W2. The National Dex is the same as it always is.
    ---
    #8 Posted: 19:04:15 28/02/2013
    Thanks HIR.
    ---
    #9 Posted: 19:14:38 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    I want to apologize for the delay of this topic. I originally intended for this to come up the moment the other one closed, but I fell asleep waiting for it to close smilie. I hope that it didn't cause an inconvenience for anyone.
    ---
    Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
    #10 Posted: 20:31:33 28/02/2013
    It's okay, people like sleeping, therefore people like you, and they forgive you.
    #11 Posted: 21:09:50 28/02/2013
    Okay I have a question.I don't have a 3DS but I want the therian forms of the Kami Trio so I am going to use my action replay on my pokemon black and trade them over to W2 but I was wondering can I still uptain the therian forms if I don't use the 3DS?Also I have a team planned out for when I get my new action replay so I want to know what you think.

My future team:
    Scepile-Leaf Blade,Agility,Solar Beam,Frenzy Plant and maybe photosynthesis.
    Aggron-Flash Cannon,Iron Defense,Earthquake,Iron Head
    Braivary-Superpower,Ariel Ace,Brave Bird,Fly
    Lucario-Aura Sphere,Calm Mind,Dragon Pulse,Close Combat
    Lapras-Surf,Ice Beam,Slam,Waterfall
    Espeon-Psychic,Reflect,Light Screen,Shadow Ball
    So what do you think?
    ---
    #12 Posted: 21:33:58 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ I don't think that the game lets you trade the Therian forms, but you can probably find a code to get the Reflecting Mirror, which can change the forms. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to download the Therian forms directly into the White 2 game via Action Replay. Ultimately though, it's easiest and best to use the Dream Radar, but you don't have a 3DS, so you might not be able to get them, sorry. I'm not 100%, though, I don't ever use cheat devices.

Edit: Your team looks good to me, so far. You might want to teach Aggron Ice Beam.
    ---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:42 28/02/2013 by OpalOsprey
    CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
    #13 Posted: 21:34:37 28/02/2013
    This topic..*drools*
    So well made.
    #14 Posted: 21:35:19 28/02/2013
    Okay hanks but how do I get the reflecting mirror?
    ---
    #15 Posted: 21:44:51 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ No problem =). Unfortunately, the only true way to get the Reflecting Mirror, is by bringing Therian Form Landorus to the Abundant Shrine in White 2/Black 2. Since I don't use cheats, I don't know of any codes that could get you the item otherwise, sorry.

Quote: CommanderGame
    This topic..*drools*
    So well made.

^ Really, it's my first topic that I've ever created smilie? Thank you very much =)!
    ---

#16 Posted: 22:02:11 28/02/2013
    Is Dream Radar free, and is it compatible with B/W?
    #17 Posted: 22:06:04 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ It costs $2.99 (US dollars) in the 3DS eShop. I'm not sure what its price is in other currency.

No, it's only compatible with White 2 and Black 2.
    ---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:28 28/02/2013 by OpalOsprey
    #18 Posted: 22:09:06 28/02/2013
    ^Okay, I probably won't be getting it, since I'm not getting BW2.
    spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
    #19 Posted: 22:37:43 28/02/2013
    The sacred duty has been passed on to you, OpalOsprey.
    #20 Posted: 22:54:29 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ Thank you, I take it with honor ^.^!
    ---

joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
    #21 Posted: 23:27:26 28/02/2013
    [quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=75490&post=4099568]azz01[/url]]Okay I have a question.I don't have a 3DS but I want the therian forms of the Kami Trio so I am going to use my action replay on my pokemon black and trade them over to W2 but I was wondering can I still uptain the therian forms if I don't use the 3DS?Also I have a team planned out for when I get my new action replay so I want to know what you think.

My future team:
    So what do you think?[/quote]

FB > Agility
    DP > Solar Beam
    Anything > Frenzy Plant
    And by Photosynthesis do you mean the move Synthesis?

To be brutally honest I think this team is bad. I mean Iton Defense his defense is like base 180?
    ---
    the road is long, we carry on
    try to have fun in the meantime☠
    somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
    #22 Posted: 23:49:28 28/02/2013
    ^You have to have a 3DS because if you show someone Landorus then they will give an item that can transform the trio.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:38 28/02/2013 by somePerson
    #23 Posted: 23:51:27 28/02/2013
    Quote: joerox123
    Quote: azz01
    Okay I have a question.I don't have a 3DS but I want the therian forms of the Kami Trio so I am going to use my action replay on my pokemon black and trade them over to W2 but I was wondering can I still uptain the therian forms if I don't use the 3DS?Also I have a team planned out for when I get my new action replay so I want to know what you think.

My future team:
    So what do you think?

FB > Agility
    DP > Solar Beam
    Anything > Frenzy Plant
    And by Photosynthesis do you mean the move Synthesis?

To be brutally honest I think this team is bad. I mean Iton Defense his defense is like base 180?

[User Posted Image]
    You guys had to see this coming.
    #24 Posted: 00:00:49 01/03/2013
    We are getting a new Pokemon Manga about Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice.http://www.ign.com/articles/20...705029b2000001e
    Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
    #25 Posted: 00:14:01 01/03/2013
    I'll spare you any long detailed explanation as to who I am, or what position I hold, only to say that this info will shock, anger, and perhaps relieve long-time fans of the series. You may view this as a rumor, or view this as the truth, but I promise you that in the following months you will all remember this post, fondly or not, when it becomes reality.

I can confirm Nintendo of America will be releasing a New Trailer showcasing a Baby Pinsir and a Baby Heracross around the middle of March, as well as featuring information on the new "Bond System" that Sylveon figures into. Look forward to that as proof of my legitimacy.

Without further ado, here is a compiled list of some key features Game Freak is launching in Pokemon X and Y:

Main Characters are named Jean and Jane in the localization, non-customizable. The Trainer now appears on the bottom screen during battle, with the visual interface resembling a "speech bubble" with the commands inside.
    You now have a Trainer Level, effects how in-game characters react to you, and grants various Bonuses as it goes up such as increasing capture rate, and rarity of Pokemon you encounter. New In-Battle Key Item "Whistle" can be used once-per-battle, with different effects depending on the situation including waking up a Pokemon from sleep or confusion (without wasting a turn), or causing them to dodge an attack when their health is critical.
    Every Pokemon has a Bond Level with you in addition to regular Levels. Most Level Up Evolutions now evolve based on their Bond with you, which goes up as you fight with them. Higher Bonds also increase the EXP. gain, as well as grant small stat bonuses. These bonuses can be turned off in player vs. player matches, as can the Whistle, for the benefit of competitive play.
    Sunglasses are called "Bond-EYE", allows you to view the Nature of a Wild Pokemon, and your "compatibility", which basically means the Capture rate of that species. Bond-EYE also allows you, while in-towns, to see visual avatars of other players akin to the Miiverse Function in Nintendo Land, and send them messages and battle/trade requests. Pokemon X and Y will be the first Miiverse-enabled 3DS game.
    Local Wireless Co-Op is included, with one player being the leader, with the other player aiding in battle. All Wild and Trainer Battles transform into Double Format, as the players use three Pokemon each. In-game trainers are included to Co-Op with for those without any local players, residing within a new "Juice Bar" located in each town.
    PokeDex is a tablet with a 3D display, resembling the Wii U controller. Can fully view the Pokemon model, read their Dex (now they're full paragraph descriptions), listen to their cry, view their location, and compare size and weight with any other Pokemon in the Dex. Can also activate a mode which shows comments about that species made by players around the world via the 3DS Miiverse.
    There is a Bank where you can store excess money, receiving special gifts upon depositing a certain amount, and receive interest. Each Pokemon Center has an ATM allowing you to access your funds.
    Using a special wristwatch device, mirrors, and certain reflective surfaces, serve as portals allowing the player to travel 30 years into the past. The Past World has different characters, some younger versions of present characters, differences in layout, with buildings having yet to be built, and different wild Pokemon. Past World is sepia-toned, and closed-off, as different portals in the present take you to different Past World locations. Pokemon from the Past and Present can be used in any era, and all stored in the PC regardless of when you catch them.
    Evil Team is named "Team Gear", with a clock-based motif, and their outfits are these funky purple bodysuits with black "clock hands" on them. Their Modus Operandi involves messing with stuff in the past that alters the present, and you must correct their actions. The player character also meets their father as a beginning trainer in the past, who is trying to stop Team Gear. Past Actions effect the present...in one part, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax.
    Professor is Professor Bristle, a very old-man who you meet in both eras, being ironically as old-looking in the past as he is in the present, and your Rival is named "Ricki", a part-time magazine writer who documents the weird events occurring in the past due to the time-travel mess ups of Team Gear.
    There are 99 New Pokemon included. Large amount of New Baby Pokemon and New Evolutions. Only 6 Legendaries. Most of the brand-New Pokemon are new type-combinations, and less orthodox, as there is no new Rodent/Bird/Bug or the classic tropes, instead they are filled by old Pokemon.
    The first Pokemon sent out in every match by a trainer will do a little stomp pose that spread the field around them. You never see your Trainer on the top-screen, as he's always on the bottom, instead it's like Stadium where Pokeballs appear from off-screen and such. They may change it up and spruce it some by the time itcomes out in October, though.
    Tey're planning to reveal all the Starter Evolutions pre-release this time around, so I've already learned quite a bit about them. Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water. Chespin is based on a helicopter/samara fruit (think a mammalian Garchomp), Fennekin looks a lot like Ninetales, with "lotus-shaped" ear fluff and tail, and Froakie becomesa giant, horned toad with tons of cloudy stuffcovering his body.
    Sylveon is pure Normal. It evolves through the Bond System. Umbreon and Espeon are receiving new items to evolve them like they did in smilie since Happiness has been replaced with Bonding, while other Happiness Evolutions are now Bonding Level Evolutions.
    there are no new types. Though most of the New Pokemon I'velearned of appear to be newdual-typing, so they seem to be trying to fill in all the holes.
    Xerneas is Psychic/Rock and Yveltal is Ghost/Flying.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:53 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    #26 Posted: 00:15:00 01/03/2013
    "Large amount of New Baby Pokemon and New Evolutions" when those are put together. THere's about 10 Baby Pokemon, and around 20 Evolutions.

Sylveon is the only new Eevee.

At this point, "non-Cartridge" DLC Pokemon is a possibility thanks to the added power of the 3DS, so itmay come later.

The other 4 Legendaries area quartet, they're white and black animals, with the black parts resembling card suits. A large cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, atiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex dinosaur with spade-shaped spikes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail. Not sure about theirtypings.
    I believe they're referencing the Sain Beasts of Asia Lore, yet taking liberties. Bird, Dragon, Reptile, and Tiger.

Bonding is mainly done through methods akin to Happiness, raising as you play normally, so you don't necessarily need to go out of your way to do it. Petting doesn't actually raise the Bond.
    I've seen at least one evolution per Gen. (a) Pinsir. Has four-arms, four horns. It can remove its horns and hold them like swords it appears. Pure-Bug. (b) FlaaffySplit-Evolution. Quadrupedal ram with tesla-coil horns. Pure-Electric. (c) Hariyama Evolution. Mountain-colored (green bottom, brown top), with white hair and beard resembling clouds. Pure-Fighting. (d) Lumineon Evolution. Finds resemble figure-eights, like the infinity symbol, and it's got neon-red lines running on the edges of its body. Pure-Water. (e) Darumaka Split-Evolution. Turns into a snowman-looking ape, with little orange spots running down its chest, and its eyebrows are duller flames. Fire/Ice.
    Not sure if it's exactly considered a Pikachu, but one of the Pokemon is Electric/Steel, and resembles a metallic mouse, with a "computer mouse plug tail. I don't see anything else that comes close to Pikachu, so that'sprobably it.

The last three Pokemon before the Legendaries are Dark/Electric. They seem to be based on "star life cycles", as the first one is little and star-shaped, the second one is huge and spherical, and the final one is more humanoid with vortex shaped on its body. They look powerful, so I'd guess they fulfill the BST layout, but I'm not sure of any base stats.

No Heracross evolution from what I can see, Pinsir is the only Pokemon I've seen this time around who gets both an evolution and pre-evolution. And no Camerupt Evolution, as far as I can tell.
    There is a Farfetch'd evolution, but it's pretty disappointing. Farfetch'd doesn't evolve, the LEEK itself grows into a cool word-leek with a little (____/) face on the end. Honestly I'm still wondering if the LEEK is a new Pokemon and it's a Mantine-Remoraid situation where Farfetch'ds model incorporates it or what. And then there's odd choices, like Sawk and Throh both seem to get one that look like Fist of the North Star rejects.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:11 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    #27 Posted: 00:15:13 01/03/2013
    First off, for those of you who screen capped the original thread, feel free to check my trip with that of the original. There have been multiple people posting as "Mr. XY' lately, but I have not posted since the original thread.

Second of all, in the original thread I made this more clear, but my phrasing of the "main characters are named Jean and Jane, non-customizable" was meant to reference customizing their designs, not their names. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I have compiled a list of all the New Pokemon I know of, about 80 or so of the 99. Some of them I have only heard about from fellow co-workers and second-hand sources, while others I have seen myself. Mainly, there's a few "new line" Pokemon I have yet to see, or don't have much information on, so there are some gaps left to fill. With New Evolutions and Baby Pokemon, there are also quite a few of them I've yet to see for myself, yet I have heard which Pokemon are obtaining them.

As I said before, this Generation has a large amount of New Evolutions and Baby Pokemon, while the New-Line Pokemon are less orthodox than previous Gens, bumping old Generational archetypes (there's no real early-bird, rodent, or bug this time around) in favor of mostly new, or underused, type combinations.

There are a large amount of Old Pokemon present during the main campaign, the Regional Dex around 400 I believe including the New Pokemon. New Evolutions are, I believe, obtainable during the main campaign and not pushed towards the end like in Diamond and Pearl. On the note of Old Pokemon, Gen V Pokemon can be transfered over, although I do not know the exact mechanics of the transfer process.

Starters
    *Chespin
    *Chespin Evo (Grass). Sharpens up, little whirligig on hood.
    *Chespin Final (Grass/Flying). "Mammalian Garchomp", helicopter-based.
    *Fennekin
    *Fennekin Evo (Fire/Psychic). Lotus-shaped ear fluffs.
    *Fennekin Final (Fire/Psychic). Tail splits into lotus-shape as well, very majestic and Ninetales-like.
    *Froakie
    *Froakie Evo (Water). Grows a horn, gets larger and more cloud fluff.
    *Froakie Final (Water). Huge, horned frog with clouds covering its body.

Legendaries
    *Xerneas (Psychic/Rock)
    *Yveltal (Ghost/Flying)
    *Diamond Tiger (???)
    *Club Peacock (???)
    *Spade T-Rex (???)
    *Heart Cobra (???)
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:47 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    #28 Posted: 00:15:25 01/03/2013
    New Lines
    *"Robo" Mouse (Electric/Steel). New Pikachu? Metallic mouse with computer mouse plug tail.
    -
    *Straight-jacket Ghost (Ghost/Steel). Shadowy, creature with a roundish head, thin body. Has metallic chains wrapped around its chest resembling a straight-jacket.
    -
    *White Feathered Dinosaur (Rock/Ice). One of the Fossil Pokemon I believe. Bipedal, and raptor like, with white feathers covering its body. Has on a feathery "mask" making it resemble an owl.
    -
    *Red Feathered Dinosaur (Rock/Fire). Other Fossil Pokemon it seems. Has reddish-brown and black feathers, and a red comb on its head making it resemble a rooster.
    -
    *Crystal Girl (Psychic/Ice). Magical girl creature sleeping in a magical looking crystal that's floating.
    -
    *Music Ox (Rock/Ground). Very large, black-furred ox. It has large white, horns that resemble tubas "they open at the end", and it has curled, white hair that looks like an old-fashioned powdered wig.
    -
    *Bodyguard Gargoyle (Dragon/Fighting). Grayish, doggish gargoyle creature that's very stout and tough looking. It has red patterns on its arms that look like tattoos, and little red earrings.
    -
    *Scent Dog (Normal). Little, hound dog with a prominent nose. Probably the "plainest" of the New Pokemon.
    *Hunting Dog (Normal). Evolution. Larger, with floppy ears covering its eyes, and an ever larger nose.
    -
    *Trashcan Monster (Poison/Steel). Trashcan with leech-like mouth, looks "cartoony" as it bends in ways metal should not.
    *Dumpster Monster (Poison/Steel). Evolution. Dumpster (still "cartoony" though) with trash compactor mouth. Predatory relationship with previous pollution-based Pokemon I hear.
    -
    *Black Bird Monk (Flying/Fighting). Small and little, with bowl-cut "hair" feathers, long nose, and black/white feathers. Has "glove" looking hand-feathers. Resembles a black/white monk outfit, or martial arts outfit.
    *Black Bird Monk Evo (Flying/Fighting). Evolution. Larger, more crow-looking. I believe the line is inspired by Bruce Lee, because their appearance resembles the famous black/white outfit he's known for.
    -
    *Locust Ninja (Bug/Dark). Green and purple bipedal little bug, with its body resembling "ninja" armor a bit, with little scythe arms. Has under-bite with little teeth that stretch up past its head.
    *Locust Assassin (Bug/Dark). Evolution. Looks more "ferocious", with longer scythes, meaner face, and two sets of "underbite" teeth.
    -
    *Kangaroo (Normal). Resembles a peach-colored, little kangaroo. It looks like a normal one compared to Kangaskahn, and is much cuter. No pouch.
    *Fighting Kangaroo (Normal/Fighting). Evolution. Larger, and tougher looking. Has black spots around its eyes, and little black "armor pads" running down its tail. Instead of a pouch, has an x-shaped bandage on its stomach.
    -
    *Blue Fishing Cat (Water). It's a bluish wild cat with black spots, and its ears resemble fish-fins. Also has a curvy, hook-like tail.
    *Metallic Fishing Cat (Water/Steel). Evolution. Larger, leopard like. It has longer, curved talons, and a thin metal "rod" runs along its back, ending with a long, steel hooked tail.
    -
    *Coconut Soldier (Grass/Fire). Has a coconut army helmet with a green palm on the top. Main body is roundish, red/green "camo" colored, and it's got a protruding "cannon" mouth.
    *Guerrilla Coconut (Grass/Fire). Evolution. Personally my favorite new design yet. Resembles first form, but now has a large bush surroundings its body, in addition to two sprouting out of its head, as if to camouflage itself.
    -
    *Mud Pig (Ground/Fighting). Small, roundish bipedal warthog with a red Mohawk, and mud covering its pink body on its bottom half, making it look like it has on shorts.
    *Mud Pig Evo (Ground/Fighting). Evolution. Larger, very muscular looking like a wrestler. Also has mud covering its face, looking like a mask, and prominent lips sticking out. Resembles Kinnikuman.
    -
    *Ice Bug (Bug/Ice). Little, white caterpillar creature. Has white "cocoon" wrapped around its body like a snow jacket, including a part at its neck where two strands hang out like a scarf.
    *Stained Glass Moth (Bug/Ice). Evolution. White, pretty moth with striking, icy wings that are multi-colored and resemble stained-glass windows.
    -
    *Melting Lizard (Poison/Ground). Quadrupedal, fat little lizard that's orange with black patterns on it. It's got oil substance falling out of its mouth, and little oil splotches around its feet.
    *Melting Lizard Evo (Poison/Ground). Evolution. Larger, and its whole body has a "dripping" look to it, like its falling off. It's legs are "unseen", as the art has it emerging from a pool of black oil. I think it can "melt" into it.
    -
    *Star Creature Pseudo-Legend (Dark/Electric). Little yellow-black star-shaped creature, sort of dragon-like.
    *Planet Creature Pseudo-Legend (Dark/Electric). Evolution. Very spherical, planet-like with yellow "saturn" ring around body.
    *Black Hole Creature Pseudo-Legend (Dark/Electric). Final Evolution. Humanoid, with vortex patterns on its body that swirl inward. Line seems to be based on "star life cycle". Presumably Pseudo, as they come before Legendaries it seems.
    -
    *Clover Dragon (Grass/Dragon). Small, bipedal yellow "European" dragon with green wings and tail. Its wings have little clover leafs on them.
    *Clover Dragon Evo (Grass/Dragon). Evolution. Larger, slightly more serpentine, with more clover leaves on it. Has four legs in addition to wings.
    *Clover Dragon Final (Grass/Dragon). Final Evolution. Very elongated, with multiple legs, two sets of wings, with clovers sprouting out over its body.
    -
    *Ghost Jellyfish (Water/Ghost). Weird, white "ghost sheet" jellyfish, with a little dark-blue body underneath.
    *Ghost Dolphin (Water/Ghost). Evolution. Still has the white ghost-sheet top, and dark-blue lower body, but resembles a dolphin more so.
    *Ghost Whale (Water/Ghost). Final Evolution. Resembles a killer whale, with the white ghost-sheet covering the front-part of its body, although there are holes in parts of it giving it the spots you see on an orca.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:32 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    #29 Posted: 00:16:06 01/03/2013
    Baby Pokemon
    *Pinsir (Bug). Stag beetle with "shield" shell.
    *Heracross (Bug). Roundish, roly-poly
    *Girafarig (Normal). Small giraffe part, larger black tail. Giraffe ducking down, the tail is in the "head" position.
    *Bouffalant (Normal). Fluffy afro with legs/nose popping out. Has gold comb-shaped objects on sides of afro.
    *Lapras (Water). Smaller, shell-less, horn-less lighter-blue Lapras.
    *Tropius (Grass).Banana-horned, yellow Saurolophus.
    *Skarmory (Normal/Flying). Brown, stealth-jet shaped bird with red wings like Skarmory. Not metallic.
    *Lickitung (Normal?). Yet to see myself.
    *Carnivine (Grass?). Yet to see myself.
    *Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying?). Yet to see myself.
    *Druddigon (Dragon). Yet to see myself.

Evolutions
    *Sylveon (Normal). Bond Evolution.
    *Pinsir (Bug). Four-armed, four-horned with detachable horns it wields like swords.
    *Hariyama (Fighting). Mountain-colored, with white hair and beard.
    *Lumineon (Water). Red highlights and infinity-symbol fins.
    *Flaaffy Split (Electric). Neon-blue ram with pink fluff. Tesla-coil horns.
    *Darumaka Split (Fire/Ice). Snowman ape, with dull flame eyebrows and orange spots running down chest.
    *Farfetch'd (Normal/Flying). Leek transforms into large, leek sword with stoic face. Farfetch'd stays the same.
    *Sawk (Fighting). Sleeves rip, gets buff. Spiky, "Bart Simpson" head and extra eyebrow.
    *Throh (Fighting). Chest rips, showing pecs. Grows spikes on chest and shoulders. Eyebrows thicken.
    *Bronzor Split (Steel/Psychic). Mirror. Mirror surrounded by metallic blue frame, with eyes and arms below the mirror part.
    *Starmie (Water/Psychic). Looks more...futuristic, platinum-colored. Has little "starships" circling around it. Seems to be a nod to "shoot the core" shoot-em-up bosses.
    *Houndoom (Dark/Fire). Has canine-skulls with red-eyes on shoulders, giving it a Cerberus-thing going on.
    *Claydol Evolution (Ground/Psychic). Very elaborate looking, body becomes more humanoid and "feminine" with wide hips and "breasts". Seems to be fertility idol or something.
    *Persian (Normal?). Yet to see myself.
    *Sableye (Dark/Ghost?). Yet to see myself.
    *Combee (Bug/Flying?). Yet to see myself. Perhaps a Male Combee Evolution?
    *Audino (Normal?). Yet to see myself.
    *Torkoal (Fire?). Yet to see myself.
    *Qwilfish (Water/Poison?). Yet to see myself.

Here is the list of Gym Leaders and Elite Four, at least in the present. I have heard that there are additional Gyms in the past that are available during the post-game, but I am unsure of how many there are and what they're like.

GYM LEADERS
    *Snyder (Bug) - Web Badge - Galatan Gym: Rugged, brown-haired man wearing outdoor gear, such as hiking boots, and a vest filled with various tools and doo-dads covering it. An outdoors-man skilled in trapping and such who is a master Bug Catcher.
    *Blanche (Normal) - Star Badge - Coladale Gym : "Pixie-cut", orange-haired young girl in a typical ballerina outfit. Is a ballet prodigy.
    *Justin (Dark) - Eclipse Badge - Croceanna Gym: Slicked-back, black hair guy in a police officer outfit wearing an eye-patch. Former convict turned good who tames dangerous Pokemon.
    *Rochelle (Rock) - Solid Badge - Mistiltin Gym: Long, brown-haired woman wearing a racing outfit and holding a helmet. Is a motor rally racer and car enthusiast.
    *Felicity (Psychic) - Grace Badge - Durendock Gym: Black-haired "office woman" wearing very fashionable eyeglasses. Interior decorator that practices Feng Shui and is very orderly.
    *Flavius and Ferra (Steel) - Grid Badge - Caladbough Gym: An older, "fluffy hair" man wearing a flashy golden suit and a beautiful blond woman in a silver dress. Are co-hosts that run a game show at their Gym.
    *Jules (Ghost) - Spirit Badge - Nagelrelm Gym :Young boy is a black suit, with pale skin and light-blond hair. Eyes closed. Is a blind violinist who uses his other senses to play.
    Vincent (Fighting) - Force Badge - Tyrforge Gym: Pretty plain looking, middle-aged man wearing a black sweater and brown pants. Well known movie star and philanthropist.

ELITE FOUR
    *Odelia (Grass) - Young, primmed woman with medium-length red hair wearing a fancy dark-green horse-riding suit holding a rapier.
    *Marty (Water) - Muscular dude dressed up in a full-body swimsuit, with a baseball cap and goggles. Has a towel wrapped around his neck.
    *Ignatius (Fire) - Purple-haired man handsome looking man wearing a red/black "priest" outfit, with "intense" eyes.
    *Eydis (Electric) - Very muscular, powerful looking woman with a yellow/pink mohawk wearing a black leotard and a white biker jacket.

*Oliver (???) - Your character's father, grown up. Uses a mixed team I believe.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:09 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    #30 Posted: 00:16:17 01/03/2013
    The above are rumors from the same source. If any more rumors come o I will post them.

Edit: Theae are from serebii not mine

Edit 2: I did not write these and can not so firm anything.
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:57:16 01/03/2013 by Rand O M
    spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
    #31 Posted: 01:58:44 01/03/2013
    Ehh, still not liking the looks of these games but we've still got awhile to go.
    CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
    #32 Posted: 02:06:50 01/03/2013
    Looks awesome smilie
    #33 Posted: 02:09:32 01/03/2013
    If they add whistle would this make it like Pokemon Coliseum.
    #34 Posted: 02:18:02 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ What do you mean by whistle?

Not sure, to me, some environments in the game look similar to some areas in Coliseum, but Pokemon Coliseum is a game with a completely different concept, layout, and way of catching Pokemon (snagging them and purifying them).
    ---

#35 Posted: 02:19:26 01/03/2013
    Whistle could be like call if it woke Pokemon up.
    #36 Posted: 04:29:25 01/03/2013
    Time travel in a Pokemon game that isn't from an event? Hmm... not sure I believe this...
    ---
    parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
    #37 Posted: 04:39:53 01/03/2013
    So wait...your character actually talks in this game?

Quote:
    *Fennekin
    *Fennekin Evo (Fire/Psychic). Lotus-shaped ear fluffs.
    *Fennekin Final (Fire/Psychic). Tail splits into lotus-shape as well, very majestic and Ninetales-like.

**** YES!
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...
    #38 Posted: 05:16:10 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Rand O M

Main Characters are named Jean and Jane in the localization, non-customizable.

^ Very creative names...might as well call them John Doe and Jane Doe smilie.

I actually hope that some or most of this isn't true information because a lot of it seems unimaginative and lacking originality. Why would they create another Water/Ghost Jellyfish Pokemon?: "*Ghost Jellyfish (Water/Ghost). Weird, white "ghost sheet" jellyfish, with a little dark-blue body underneath." Also, I can't see Xerneas having rock as one of its types.

-
    He/she seems to talk unenthusiastic about a lot of the characters, such as being disappointing with Farfetch'd's evolution thing and pretty much dissing Sawk and Throh's evolution, calling them "Fist of the North Star rejects". If this person truly works for Pokemon or Nintendo, I would fire them (yes, I seriously would). I know it sounds kind of harsh, but employees for large gaming companies, like these, usually have their employees sign contracts that basically state that they can't share information outside of the company without their permission and they can even be sued or fined for not following the company's policy. I was recently on a tour at Nintendo and I had to even sign a contract about not telling anyone about anything that I could have overheard there.
    ---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:19:17 01/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
    #39 Posted: 05:34:16 01/03/2013
    ^Exaclty why I'm not believing anything. I don't think they are allowed to say things. But then again they might be paid to to get hype up. I don't know this one seemed to be more popular and descriptive than the rest.
    #40 Posted: 06:05:58 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ Possibly, but if he/she was being paid to hype the game, I'm sure that they would try even harder at the descriptions keeping it positive.

From what I've learned from Nintendo's tour, each employee that's working on a different aspect of the game (such as concept design, music, etc.) are pared off in groups, like teams, in separate areas away from other people working on different parts of the game and don't really stay in contact with the other groups working on separate things. For example, the character concept designers would rarely, if ever, get together with the music team. Usually the only time that these groups see each other is during meetings, but they wouldn't learn as much from each team that this person would.

The only way this person could know so much, is if they're a game scrip writer of some sort, a producer, director, or executive director; and even then, why would they jeopardize their job like this just to give out information to people they don't even know?
    ---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:08:16 01/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
    crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
    #41 Posted: 09:36:12 01/03/2013
    Great job Opal! smilie

Quote: somePerson
    If they add whistle would this make it like Pokemon Coliseum.

Calling again would be nice, but then the awaken would be no use, and that 'call' is special to Colloseum, because of Shadow Pokemon and all.
    #42 Posted: 14:04:49 01/03/2013
    Quote: OpalOsprey
    ^ Possibly, but if he/she was being paid to hype the game, I'm sure that they would try even harder at the descriptions keeping it positive.

From what I've learned from Nintendo's tour, each employee that's working on a different aspect of the game (such as concept design, music, etc.) are pared off in groups, like teams, in separate areas away from other people working on different parts of the game and don't really stay in contact with the other groups working on separate things. For example, the character concept designers would rarely, if ever, get together with the music team. Usually the only time that these groups see each other is during meetings, but they wouldn't learn as much from each team that this person would.

The only way this person could know so much, is if they're a game scrip writer of some sort, a producer, director, or executive director; and even then, why would they jeopardize their job like this just to give out information to people they don't even know?

I guess we will have to wait and see. Some of the new evos I was like what...

Still not believing anything unless proven.
    awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
    #43 Posted: 15:32:42 01/03/2013
    It's gonna be hard getting used to not knowing a Pokemon's name on contact for awhile. Because I can recognize all current Pokemon on contact and that won't be the case in X and Y smilie
    ---
    go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
    #44 Posted: 16:08:06 01/03/2013
    Well at least it's not taking the Black/White route where ONLY new Pokemon are available unless you somehow trade over or complete the main story.
    ---
    #45 Posted: 16:30:09 01/03/2013
    I was shocked when Youngster Joey didn't have a Rattata...
    #46 Posted: 20:03:58 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
    Quote: crystalhero37
    Great job Opal! smilie

^ Thanks =)!

---------------------------
    Quote: HIR
    Well at least it's not taking the Black/White route where ONLY new Pokemon are available unless you somehow trade over or complete the main story.

^ I quite agree. I think it was a bad choice when they decided to take that route of only having the new Pokemon during the main gameplay. I know that they were trying to set the main focus on the new ones, but it does restrict them from having a good variety of Pokemon in each area of the game, and usually long-time players of the series, such as me, like to play with the other region Pokemon for fun and reminiscing.
    ---------------------------

Edit:
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Demo:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that there will be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity demo going live on the 3DS eShop on March 7th, in the US. It will feature 45 minutes of gameplay, as well as a great amount of Magnagate special dungeons. The neat thing about this demo, is that you can save your progress on it and then continue where you left off in the full game when you purchase it.
    ---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:35 01/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
    Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
    #47 Posted: 21:43:56 01/03/2013
    Can I get a little help on my White 2 team? I'm training to challenge the pokemon league the first time.

Here's my current team:

Electabuzz (Lvl. 33, Serious, Male)
    Electro Ball
    ThunderPunch
    Shock Wave
    Low Kick

Swampert (Lvl. 54, Naughty, Male)
    Muddy Water
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Blizzard

Blaziken (Lvl. 43, Adament, Male)
    Shadow Claw
    Slash
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

Salamence (Lvl. 56, Naughty, Female)
    Flamethrower
    Crunch
    Fly
    Thunder Fang

Roselia (Lvl. 39, Jolly, Female)
    Toxic Spikes
    Sweet Scent
    Ingrain
    Petal Dance

Reuniclus (Lvl. 47, Quiet, Male)
    Future Sight
    Psyshock
    Fling
    Toxic

I know, it sucks.

Here are my options to switch:

Feraligatr (Lvl. 53, Quirky, Male)
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Hydro Cannon
    Strength

Empoleon (Lvl. 50, Bashful, Male)
    Hydro Cannon
    Hydro Pump
    Metal Claw
    Brine

Golurk (Lvl. 49, Careful)
    Dynamic Punch
    Night Shade
    Curse
    Heavy Slam

Banette (Lvl. 47, Naughty, Female)
    Shadow Ball
    Sucker
    Embargo
    Snatch

Mienshao (Lvl. 59, Brave, Male)
    U-Turn
    Wide Guard
    Bounce
    Hi Jump Kick

Samurott (Lvl. 54, Impish, Male)
    Hydro Cannon
    Razor Shell
    Aqua Tail
    Scald

Blastoise (Lvl. 58, Quiet, Male)
    Blizzard
    Hydro Cannon
    Aqua Tail
    Scald

Lilligant (Lvl. 58, Relaxed, Female)
    Entrainment
    Sunny Day
    After You
    Leaf Storm

Or I could catch more Pokemon. Whatever you all say. Except Salamence is staying.
    ---
    if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
    #48 Posted: 22:42:42 01/03/2013
    Quote: OpalOsprey

Edit:
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Demo:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that there will be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity demo going live on the 3DS eShop on March 7th, in the US. It will feature 45 minutes of gameplay, as well as a great amount of Magnagate special dungeons. The neat thing about this demo, is that you can save your progress on it and then continue where you left off in the full game when you purchase it.

Wow, thanks! I'd probably miss that. I've been looking forward to this game so since you can transfer progress I'll be playing a TON.
    #49 Posted: 23:07:10 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
    ^ You're welcome, I'm glad that I was able to inform you =).

--------------------------

To Dmcrocks:

^
    Electabuzz has better Special Attack than Physical Attack and the Serious Nature doesn't change anything.

Electabuzz:

• Thunderbolt - It will try to learn this when it reaches level 50, so have it forget Electro Ball for Thunderbolt.
    • Psychic - Taught through TM29 which is found in Route 13, Surf the water by the beach to find a shallow water area with a fisherman, it’s behind him. Only replace Thunderpunch for this move once you have reached level 50 and taught Electabuzz Thunderbolt so you still have a powerfull electric move to use.
    • Focus Blast - Taught through TM52 found on the floor in Wellspring Cave. Switch Low Kick for it. The only problem with this move is that it has only 70% accuracy, but it's a powerful move and it has a chance of lowering the target's Sp. Def.

_

Since Blaziken has high Physical Attack and yours has Adamant Nature, which adds more to your Attack, but subtracts from your Special Attack, I would focus on Attack moves and try to steer clear of Special Attack ones.

Blaziken:

• Swords Dance - Taught through TM75, purchased for 18BP at PWT. A pretty helpful move because it raises your Attack by two stages. Shadow Claw is a good move, but you might want to replace it for this, or just forgo adding this move if you think that you'll not need an extra Attack boost. You could also replace Slash for this (read Hi Jump kick, below).
    • Hi Jump Kick - Have it replace Slash. I think that the Move Reminder in PWT can teach this to you, if not, then keep Shadow Claw and instead replace Slash with Swords Dance.
    • Flare Blitz - When Blaziken reaches level 66, it will want to learn this, I would replace Fire Blast for it.

-
    Sorry, I'm not feeling good right now, or I would go over more coverage for you and your team. If I feel better later, I'll take a better look at your team, good luck =).
    ---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:09:49 01/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
    #50 Posted: 00:28:44 02/03/2013
    Newest Rumor Alert. Please note I copied and pasted, no of this is mine.

Starters:
    >Harimaron > Harimaroo > Hariyadutsu/Hariyazutsu/Hariyadzutsu (Grass/Fighting)
    >Fokko > Fokusunara > Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
    >Keromatsu > Ekerokero > Raierun (Water/Electric)

Gym leaders:
    >Ichou: Silk Badge (Bug)
    >Nazuna: Terra Cotta Badge (Ground)
    >Kisage: Focus Badge (Psychic)
    >Sanza: Hazard Badge (Poison)
    >Taragon: Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
    >Reishi: Remnant Badge (Ghost)
    >Kinma: Platina Badge (Steel)
    >Kotton: Chaos Badge (Dark)

Elite Four and Champion:
    >Kumotsu (Flying)
    >Ganpi (Rock)
    >Saikachi (Electric)
    >Sumere (Grass)
    >Fuyugaki (Fire/Ice)

Legendary Pokemon:
    >Boruzuniru (Steel/Flying)
    >Wirumegu (Dragon/Poison)
    >Xerneas (Psychic/Ground)
    >Yveltal (Fighting/Flying)
    >Zedorashiru (Ghost/Grass)
    >Rozetanon (Rock/Psychic)
    >Totairumu (Dragon), Unova's Legendary Original Dragons (Reshiram + Zekrom + Kyurem)
    >Genesect's New Forme "Proto Forme" (Bug/Rock), Exclusive Skill "Megalo Cannon"
    Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me