darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > What would stop you buying the game?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What would stop you buying the game? [CLOSED]
Thundershocked Red Sparx Gems: 11
#1 Posted: 20:56:26 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
For example, I'm not planning to buy the game if they degrade your old characters again. I'm fine with not getting utility's like switching paths, but I'm not ok with not receiving content that my skylanders should really be unlocking. I understand that activision wants as much money as they can get but people who can't afford like myself would not buy more than one of each figure no matter what the series.
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#2 Posted: 20:58:19 24/02/2013
Dude, everything stays the same on your old figures. That would be extortion lol
---
Im so proud of you
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#3 Posted: 21:02:46 24/02/2013
Prolly when they stopped making them. Yeah thats a feat that they keep all figures compatible to all their games. They will prolly keep on doing this or we will hear alot of rage coming from its fanbase. But really hoping for online features.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#4 Posted: 21:05:30 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I mean in the sense that heroic challenges are not unlocked and that the skylanders don't count towards toy specific achievements (that give XP)
#5 Posted: 21:11:12 24/02/2013
No. I think that heroic challenges stay the same.
---
Im so proud of you
#6 Posted: 21:13:21 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Imada
No. I think that heroic challenges stay the same.

If you have a S1 Skylander, It wont unlock the heroic challenge in giants
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#7 Posted: 22:07:19 24/02/2013
When the S1's become completely obsolete. Spent at least .40-.50k on this game and I do not expect that to go to waste.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:59 24/02/2013 by Skybagel
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#8 Posted: 22:49:38 24/02/2013
At a point where my S1 Skylanders don't work in new games. (although that will probably never happen.)
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 22:52:34 24/02/2013
If the game levels look boring, rubbish story line, high price, old figures don't work or have disadvantages.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#10 Posted: 23:23:09 24/02/2013
people talk about figures being "devalued" or other such nonsense, and yet, your S1 figures work exactly as they always have: they function in Spyro's Adventure and unlock challenges in Spyro's Adventure. As a bonus, they even can be used in Giants.

That they don't unlock challenges sucks, but isn't a devaluing of them. They didn't have to work at all, and that they do is a gift. They are toys that tie in with S:SA and none of that has changed. Could they have unlocked challenges? Probably. Perhaps they even should have, but they certainly weren't required to and they lose no value for not doing so.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#11 Posted: 23:28:46 24/02/2013
It's devaluing in my eyes. Thus I won't spend my money on it if Skylanders gets to that point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:52 24/02/2013 by Skybagel
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#12 Posted: 00:03:04 25/02/2013
The only thing that would stop me from buying Swap force are my parents. Now for the rest of the games, thats if the previous toys don't work in the games after Swap Force.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 00:50:30 25/02/2013
If they make the Chase variants COMPLETELY different in the game, I'm quitting. Special is good enough.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#14 Posted: 01:26:24 25/02/2013
Quote: Skybagel
When the S1's become completely obsolete.

This. Activision better watch out and not pull that "your s1s won't work anymore" bull or else their sales will plummet hard and fast.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#15 Posted: 02:31:36 25/02/2013
yeah, when any of my figures no longer work with the game ill quit

and possibly if they dont release online play by the next game (after SSF), then that may make me stop.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#16 Posted: 07:14:30 25/02/2013
If the snowman isn't reposed, then I will play it less. If S1's become completely obsolete I'll be mad and won't play as much.

If they take out upgrades and make it like the 3DS, I might not buy it. If TFB is taken out completely I will stop playing.
---
cry baby, I am
#17 Posted: 12:29:11 25/02/2013
When the S1's become completely obsolete. Spent at least .40-.50k on this game and I do not expect that to go to waste.

40,000-50,000 dollars or pounds????

I cant beleive that
---
Im so proud of you
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#18 Posted: 13:12:14 25/02/2013

I cant [sic] beleive that

you missed the .

.50k= 1/2 k = 500

of course, that is a completely bizarre way to state the numbers, but hey, some people just have to be different
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#19 Posted: 16:57:06 25/02/2013
Thats still alot
---
Im so proud of you
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#20 Posted: 17:35:54 25/02/2013
Yeah I'm getting sick of having to re-buy the same character. Not my cup of tea that's for sure.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#21 Posted: 17:42:19 25/02/2013
i will not buy swap force game because i feel it is going away from what skylanders are. it is also not made by toy for bob and that clearly shows in the new figurines style. so i am jumping over this one, in 2014 there will be a new skylanders game and it will be made by toy for bob and are gonna have online game play. i will save my money for that because it will be more fun.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#22 Posted: 18:12:24 25/02/2013
If the S1s characters don't work in Swap Force, I'll probably won't buy it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:04 25/02/2013 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 19:43:58 25/02/2013
Ys, if you had to pay double for swap force bcause Top: Bottom
---
Im so proud of you
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#24 Posted: 20:32:35 25/02/2013
If Series 1 and Series 2 characters won't unlock Heroics. I want to be able to play every Heroic with every character without having to buy a third set of the same Skylanders, thanks. Right now there's no reason to buy S1s that got reposes because S2s do everything they do with many more benifits- and the S1s themselves have no unique benifits whatsoever.
(It's not stat boosts or upgrades that annoy me- I actually enjoy doing Heroics. They're fun time wasters to me. I'll just stick with Giants forever if I can't Break The Fakes with Magna Charge.)
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#25 Posted: 21:08:09 25/02/2013
Quote: Jakemouse
Yeah I'm getting sick of having to re-buy the same character. Not my cup of tea that's for sure.

I'm guessing they realize this and will probably limit it as much as possible going forward. I think there were so many reposes with Giants because it was rushed. SG only introduced 16 "new" Skylanders. Now SSF has double the new characters with 32, so there isn't the need to fill out the roster with a ton of reposed prior Skylanders.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#26 Posted: 23:22:18 25/02/2013
Quote: Zylek

I'm guessing they realize this and will probably limit it as much as possible going forward. I think there were so many reposes with Giants because it was rushed. SG only introduced 16 "new" Skylanders. Now SSF has double the new characters with 32, so there isn't the need to fill out the roster with a ton of reposed prior Skylanders.

They're not limiting anything. Apparently, we're getting 16 reposed this time around. It's the same proportion as SG.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#27 Posted: 23:34:18 25/02/2013
Looks to me as if they're leaving 8 Skylanders (one for each element) without a repose, and will be reposed in the next games.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#28 Posted: 01:00:23 26/02/2013
Money, or my parents (who don't like magic or undead)
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#29 Posted: 01:43:55 26/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream

I cant [sic] beleive that

you missed the .

.50k= 1/2 k = 500

of course, that is a completely bizarre way to state the numbers, but hey, some people just have to be different

I was trying to type fast since I was in a hurry at the time. I added the 0 so people wouldn't guess 4 to 5 thousand. Yet it still happened...

Bold= Sorry, bro...

[User Posted Image]
---
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#30 Posted: 02:07:32 26/02/2013
If the price gets over $12 for figures, im out. Also, if the figures are as bad as they look.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#31 Posted: 02:41:40 26/02/2013
NOTHING! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#32 Posted: 02:48:24 26/02/2013
If there are no more awesome skylanders that i like
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#33 Posted: 04:12:38 26/02/2013
Charging $74.95 for the starter pack. They are going to eat the portal cost this time.

I agree. The reposed is for folks who won't be able to find S1 characters.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:18 26/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#34 Posted: 04:40:49 26/02/2013
It happens to be related to COD and soliders rain down and kill you all in one hit.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
GASSA Green Sparx Gems: 285
#35 Posted: 12:34:21 26/02/2013
Really can't let these comments slide ...

Quote:
people talk about figures being "devalued" or other such nonsense, and yet, your S1 figures work exactly as they always have: they function in Spyro's Adventure and unlock challenges in Spyro's Adventure. As a bonus, they even can be used in Giants.

Two points - Firstly the 'devalued' argument is reasonably valid. If you for example purchase every S1 character (which I did) and then purchased Hot Dog in the triple pack (which I did) then you end up with an S1 Zap and and S2 Zap. Because the S2 Zap will work in SSA and SG AND can switch paths in Giants, S1 Zap is now rendered obsolete. Why would I ever bother using S1 Zap ever again? So S1 Zap has been devalued.

Secondly what is the 'bonus' rubbish? I purchased the S1 toys with the understanding that they would be able to be used in future installments of Skylanders. So it's not a 'bonus' that they do what they were always meant to do. Eon says as much at the end of SSA. Plenty more adventures for your Skylanders, or words to that effect. So it's not a 'bonus' that they work in Giants.

Quote:
They didn't have to work at all, and that they do is a gift.

A GIFT??? A GIFT???? HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE WE ALL PAID FOR THESE TOYS???? Lay off on the gift bit. They DID have to work in SG and Swap Force and future installments. The GIFT is the one that we gave them in the form of money for these toys.

Quote:
Could they have unlocked challenges? Probably. Perhaps they even should have, but they certainly weren't required to and they lose no value for not doing so.

Of course they COULD have unlocked the challenges. I accept the toys aren't backwards compatible it would be unrealistic to expect them to be, but all toys can and should be forwards compatible.

So what is it with you defending TFB and Activision? Working for them? Hoping that defending them on this forum will get you a few freebies?

People getting up in arms about their ridiculous repose mentality might just get them to change their evil ways and focus on giving us more game play for our already sizable outlay. Get onboard the hate wagon and help them see the error of their ways. More game play, no reposes, focus only on game play and new characters - that is not too much to ask from a company that I have given so much money to.

All I want is value for money, and so far I haven't got it.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#36 Posted: 13:20:39 26/02/2013
Nothing much will stop me, though I am trying to save a little extra money for other stuff.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#37 Posted: 14:36:31 26/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

They're not limiting anything. Apparently, we're getting 16 reposed this time around. It's the same proportion as SG.

But if most of those 16 reposes are characters that weren't S2 in Giants it's an easier pill to swallow. If we get a new Whamshell, Camo, Warnado, and GhostRoaster, I'd be ecstatic. Kids new to the game as of Giants would also be able to get SSA leftover characters that were hard to find.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#38 Posted: 15:09:23 26/02/2013
The heroics don't just not get unlocked for giants, all the stats you earned in ssa didn't transfer over fully. That's the problem.

I'll keep buying em regardless.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#39 Posted: 16:28:12 26/02/2013
If series 1 characters don't work with the game then I won't buy it because I can't afford to update my older characters to newer series.
Also, when I played the console version of Giants, I felt that the game had been rushed out and I was a bit disappointed with it (I did enjoy the 3DS version but it was a bit short). If Swap Force also looks like it has also been rushed out then I'll quit the series.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:59 26/02/2013 by Star Dragon
#40 Posted: 17:23:10 26/02/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
The heroics don't just not get unlocked for giants, all the stats you earned in ssa didn't transfer over fully. That's the problem.

I'll keep buying em regardless.

Well, Im not really a fan of Giant Skylanders lol
---
Im so proud of you
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#41 Posted: 21:19:03 26/02/2013
I didn't mind the Giants stats nerf- only because the game is really easy even in Nightmare anyway. I've seen a few people upset about it elsewhere but don't understand why. The only really important one is Speed. You can hardly notice the others unless you do every single Heroic anyway.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:24:17 26/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#42 Posted: 21:36:56 26/02/2013
Quote: GASSA

Two points - Firstly the 'devalued' argument is reasonably valid. If you for example purchase every S1 character (which I did) and then purchased Hot Dog in the triple pack (which I did) then you end up with an S1 Zap and and S2 Zap. Because the S2 Zap will work in SSA and SG AND can switch paths in Giants, S1 Zap is now rendered obsolete. Why would I ever bother using S1 Zap ever again? So S1 Zap has been devalued.

Speak for yourself! I also got the pack and got a S2 Zap but I don't consider him of any value. I still prefer my S1 Zap that I worked hard to upgrade with. Why would I want to do that on a character that is NOT a variant (the 3DS game won't let you register both a S1 and a S2 by the way).

Just because they have a stupid addition of being able to switch paths does not make the S2 valuable to me at all. Mainly because there is always one path I prefer over the other anyways so I end up leaving them with one.

But if most of those 16 reposes are characters that weren't S2 in Giants it's an easier pill to swallow. If we get a new Whamshell, Camo, Warnado, and GhostRoaster, I'd be ecstatic. Kids new to the game as of Giants would also be able to get SSA leftover characters that were hard to find.

Yeah but that wasn't my point though. They are still releasing the same proportion of old figures in reposed form as in Giants. The new pose doesn't make them new characters.
#43 Posted: 00:36:15 27/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: GASSA

Speak for yourself! I also got the pack and got a S2 Zap but I don't consider him of any value. I still prefer my S1 Zap that I worked hard to upgrade with. Why would I want to do that on a character that is NOT a variant (the 3DS game won't let you register both a S1 and a S2 by the way).

Just because they have a stupid addition of being able to switch paths does not make the S2 valuable to me at all. Mainly because there is always one path I prefer over the other anyways so I end up leaving them with one.

Yeah but that wasn't my point though. They are still releasing the same proportion of old figures in reposed form as in Giants. The new pose doesn't make them new characters.

But what if you don't have either? It makes S1 Zap obsolete, and S2 the obvious choice. Plus, Zap S1 can do less in Giants than in Spyro's Adventure. While it is not devalued in S:SA, it is in Giants.

Less=Devalued

Quote: DragonsDream

That they don't unlock challenges sucks, but isn't a devaluing of them. They didn't have to work at all, and that they do is a gift. They are toys that tie in with S:SA and none of that has changed. Could they have unlocked challenges? Probably. Perhaps they even should have, but they certainly weren't required to and they lose no value for not doing so.

So, in reply to this, based on my previous point, it was not devalued in Spyro's Adventure, but it is in Giants and probably will be in later games. This topic is about later games, not Spyro's Adventure. So it isn't "nonsense" at all.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:46:26 27/02/2013 by Skybagel
#44 Posted: 00:50:27 27/02/2013

But what if you don't have either? It makes S1 Zap obsolete, and S2 the obvious choice. Plus, Zap S1 can do less in Giants than in Spyro's Adventure. While it is not devalued in S:SA, it is in Giants.

Less=Devalued

Is it confirmed that S1 characters have lower stats than S2? I only know the variants have for obvious reasons but I've not heard about anything regarding S1 vs S2 stats. I will say though, I honestly can't tell a difference in game.

And yes, S2 are supposed to be the preferred option for new buyers. That's why they gave them that extra feature of path switching as well (since most S1s are on sale as well).
#45 Posted: 01:35:54 27/02/2013
S1's don't unlock Heroic Challenges on Giants. They also don't count towards accolades or EXP bonuses.

So while they are fine in S:SA, they are devalued in Giants.
---
#46 Posted: 02:57:45 27/02/2013
Well I don't know, I don't really buy a figure for heroic challenges so it didn't matter for me (besides, I only really do the one for the figure and that's that). However, with that, I do agree that it was wrong of them to not allow the challenges to be unlocked.
#47 Posted: 03:23:18 27/02/2013
Quote:

No, no I was speaking for you too and everyone else that is being ripped off by Activision and co. except I should have said that some people end up with useless S2 figures as well in some cases.

My overall point is that there should be less focus on flogging new toys (and WAAYYY LESS on flogging reposed original toys) and more focus on creating additional game play for the toys we already have. Whether you consider your S1 or S2 character to be of little to no value is irrelevant in some ways. The more important thing is that neither of them have many chapters they can play or adventures they can go on.

Quote:
And yes, S2 are supposed to be the preferred option for new buyers. That's why they gave them that extra feature of path switching as well (since most S1s are on sale as well).

I like path switching. I agree with your earlier point, some paths for some characters are pretty lame and I probably wouldn't use them, but it's cool to have the choice. And I could accept reposing the old characters if they had just came up with the idea of switching paths and hadn't thought of it in time for SSA. But that's not why they allow path swapping now, because if they did it just because they thought it was a good idea they would allow the Giants and new smaller characters to swap paths as well. But they didn't give that option for Pop Fizz or Hot Dog or any of the new characters. Why? Well because they want to try to flog us the same old characters all over again.

Less time reposing old characters, more time invested in additional game play!

Come on Hexin_Wishes and DragonsDream, join the cause, chant it with me ...

#48 Posted: 05:12:59 27/02/2013
Oh I'm definitely a part of #TeamNoMoreReposes but I actually enjoy having new characters with each installment, it keeps things fresh. What I don't enjoy, however, is the thin plot, overused villain and how short the game is. SA was revolutionary and it's faults as a game were forgiven because of it's innovative feature. This time around, we're used to it and so the short-comings are noticeable. Especially considering, how few chapters there are in Giants. They could have at least thrown in another Adventure pack or two.
#49 Posted: 05:55:21 27/02/2013
Quote:
Oh I'm definitely a part of #TeamNoMoreReposes but I actually enjoy having new characters with each installment, it keeps things fresh. What I don't enjoy, however, is the thin plot, overused villain and how short the game is. SA was revolutionary and it's faults as a game were forgiven because of it's innovative feature. This time around, we're used to it and so the short-comings are noticeable. Especially considering, how few chapters there are in Giants. They could have at least thrown in another Adventure pack or two.

Then it looks like you and I are in complete agreement.

I like new characters and hate reposes. I just want to see better value for the 80 odd? characters that I've already brought.

And I agree 100% with your point about forgiving SSA because it was new.

Now we just need to get DragonsDream onside and we will be ready to lean on Activision to give into our reasonable demands.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me