Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Your top 10 bosses. [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 21:06:51 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So what are yours?Here is mine:

But first rules.They must be memorable to you and only one boss a series but if you can't do one boss a series you may post multiple bosses a series but you must be struggling.

10: Tom Nook (Animal Crossing): If you have played animal crossing you can guess.
9: Jubelaus (Beyonetta): Total epicness but not my favourite.
8: Helmorac King (TLoZ Wind Waker): One reason REVENGE!
7: Gruntilda(Bango and Kazooie): Because she is funny but so ANNOYING!
6: The Great Mighty Poo(Conkers Bad Fur Day): He is unique and an amazing opera singer.
5: Domensio(Super Paper Mario): He is just wow.I love him.
4: King K. Rool(DK 64): He is just here because he is so funny.
3: Colress(Pokemon B2/W2): He is the best pokemon prof. but he is a villian which makes him cooler.
2: Malegor(Kirby Wii): He is the best double crosser ever.
1: Porky(Mother 3): He is awesome.I love both boss fights in Mother 3 and SSBB.He will always be on the top of my list.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:12:11 23/02/2013 by azz01
#2 Posted: 21:11:17 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I won't be able to do one boss per series unfortunately.

Okay thats fine.
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#3 Posted: 21:18:29 23/02/2013
Tom Nook is pure evil *shudder*
---
Wow
Such signature
#4 Posted: 21:19:42 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I mean if you can't think of a boss you like from a certain series like say you posted Ghirahim as number 2 but as your number one you liked say Phantom Gannon if you could not think up a boss you like but does not deserve your number 1 you could post Phantom Gannon.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 22:35:23 23/02/2013
Well... this one might be difficult...

Also, SPOILER WARNING!

10) Wheatley (Portal 2): certainly not difficult by this point in the game, but Wheatley's constant babbling, along with the corrupted cores, make this "fight" hilarious. Also, Valve really knew their irony. In the original Portal, you were knocking cores OFF GLaDOS. What do you do in the sequel? Put cores on. Well done, gentlemen.
9) Cipher Grand Master Greevil (Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness): one of only 2 trainers in Pokemon history to possess a team of 7 (the other being Ghetsis in Black 2/White 2), it starts off with the desperate attempt to snag Shadow Lugia. If you can do that, Greevil confronts you with A TEAM OF SIX SHADOW POKEMON. And did I mention that 3 are the Legendary Birds of Kanto? Yeah... Colosseum had the 3 Legendary Beasts in SEPARATE FIGHTS.
8) Magolor (Kirby's Return to Dreamland): taking everything that made the Marx fight in Super Star so much fun and running with it, while this fight was rather pathetic if you had friends (or spammed Fighter) it was really enjoyable otherwise. Magolor had references to every final boss across the Kirby series, quite possibly the most epic set piece since Kirby 64, the best boss music in Kirby history, and some pretty crazy attacks (like Dark Matter versions of your Ultra Copy Abilities).
7) Bowser (Super Mario Galaxy): in a deviation from the usual "3 hits and you're down" Mario formula, Bowser served as a final exam of your various adventures across the Galaxy. You needed to use some skills that were rarely needed in levels unless you wanted extra goodies to make you came out on top. And although Bowser's pattern was very predictable, this is possible the most aggressive of any boss fights against him in the Mario series as he doesn't let up on the attacks even for a second.
6) Miracle Fassad (MOTHER 3): the first non-final boss on the list. Not only is Fassad's backstory quite interesting, the fight takes on two parts. The first is identical to the New Fassad fight,, just with the aggressiveness dialed up. But the second part... he gets PSI powers, making the fight MUCH deadlier. If you weren't grinding like a mad person you'll be in trouble. Thank the Magypsies for Defense Up and Offense Down!
5) Egg Nega-Wisp Armor (Sonic Colors): perhaps this is a silly choice, but after ALL the 3D games forced you into a Super Sonic fight with some god monster, it was refreshing to see Dr. Eggman back at the helm for the final boss, and even more refreshing not to see Super Sonic. The set piece, running down a friggin SPACE ELEVATOR at Terminal Velocity (ironically the zone's name), is my favorite of any Sonic boss thus far. And the music is brilliant. His use of the Wisp powers against you also really puts your dodging skills to the test.
4) Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption): I believe that this was a very dramatic and well done fight. It also had an awesome remix of Dark Samus's theme from Prime 2.
3) Vergil (Devil May Cry 3): What makes Devil May Cry's bosses so much fine is their insane, over-the-top style. Most of them are quite large and scary, or at the very least can take a form that's large and scary. Vergil entirely tosses this out the window as he's more or less your size. He's deceptively quick with his blade, and his Summoned Swords (in Dante Must Die mode) were a real pain for me to dodge. But the unique set piece of the bloody river and the beautiful orchestral music really helped make the fight.
2) Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time): Insomniac's boss fight against Dr. Nefarious in Up Your Arsenal was the perfect level of difficulty and was an iconic moment for the series. And they topped it in ACiT, which I didn't think possible. Yes, it's a bit on the easy side, but it's not always about difficulty. The boss fight takes place IN SPAAAAAACE! Being in front of the Nefarious Space Station, penned in by giant KILL LASERS from both sides and with a rather narrow space for maneuver really forces you to put your strafing to the test. It also challenges your Hoverbooting abilities. There's also all of the lines Nefarious is screaming in anger while he attacks. And the music is GLORIOUS. Like something out of cheesy B-list sci-fi, and it's fantastic.
1) Jubileus (Bayonetta): Good lord, Platinum Games, how crazy were you when you thought this up? You start off by riding a motorcycle INTO SPACE trailing a rocket ship. The fight itself is so insane that the boss's primary attack is to HURL GALAXIES at you. The final attack is punching the SOUL of the beast INTO THE SUN! And when you think the game ends on a rather sour note, Jeanne STOMPS THE CREDITS OUT so she and Bayonetta can destroy the remaining parts before they crash into earth. Yeeeeahhh...
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:14:02 20/04/2013 by HIR
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#6 Posted: 22:59:14 23/02/2013
10. Ghirahim (Skyward Sword: Fire Sanctuary)
9. Flak (Advance Wars 2: Orange Star Mission 8)
8. Hades (KI:U *KIU because spoilers*: Chapter 25)
7. Robo-Patrick (Spongebob Squarepant: Battle for Bikini Bottom: Industrial Park)
6. Steven Stone (Pokemon Emerald: Meteor Falls)
5. Shadow Queen (Paper Mario 2: Palace of Shadow)
4. The Slime Manta (Super Mario Sunshine: Sirena Beach)
3. Greevil, The Grand Master of Cipher (Pokemon smilie: Citadark Isle)
2. Masked Man (Mother 3)
1. The Biolizard (Sonic Adventure 2: Cannon's Core)
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#7 Posted: 01:58:59 24/02/2013
I can only think of 5

5. Xemnas (kingdom hearts 2) yup all 5 phases.
4. Ripto (spyro 2) I spent a good week of my pitiful childhood constantly losing to him.
3. Magolor soul (kirby RtDl) yes, the EX mode version, waaay harder to dodge attacks!
2. Gannondorf (LoZ: twilight princess) it looked like he murdered Midna!!!!!
1. Darkrai (pokemon mystery dungeon: time)
Yeah, he manipulates your mind to make you think your partner sides with him, and then tries to get you to kill cressilia! (which she deserves...)
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:48 24/02/2013 by kardonis
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#8 Posted: 02:35:58 24/02/2013
1. Dimentio- BEST BOSS EVA! Hes mysterious and uses metaphors! Anyway, he can take control of Luigis mind. He can also crate a box around and character and blow them up in the snap of his fingers. Ciao because thats all i know X3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#9 Posted: 02:49:23 24/02/2013
10. Gnasty Gnorc. Good times, good times.
9. Bowser. Come on, he's freakin' Bowser.
8. The Boss Waves from Galaga (the PS1 version). I like the idea of a huge wave of enemies instead of a single boss.
7. SpaceGodzilla from Godzilla: Save the Earth and Godzilla: Unleashed. He's just a boss. (No pun intended)
6. The Darkness Boss from Duel Masters for PS2. Can't remember his name, but his character design was awesome.
5. Makarov from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Not really a boss, but a cool villain.
4. Monster Ock from Spiderman for PS1. Man, that guy was UGLY.
3. Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed. Nuff said.
2. God from The Simpsons Game. Yep, that's right, you heard me; GOD.
1. Dark Kahn from Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. The greatest boss I have ever faced. The three categories I judge a boss on are Difficulty, Personality, and Character Design, and he takes the cake on all three of them. He was so deliciously evil, his character model looked freakin' awesome, and he was so hard to beat, I almost orgasm'd when I finally did beat him. One of my favorite video game villains of all time.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#10 Posted: 06:08:01 24/02/2013
10. Thumper (A Bug's Life) - First few times I fought him as a kid, he was hard as heck until I figured out what to do, which was to keep my distance from him while shucking berries at him until his health was gone.

9. Red (Pokemon Silver, Crystal & SoulSilver) - Again, hard as heck to beat the first couple of times I tried to do so. Also, the music that played was epic and nostalgic.

8. Bowser - Same reason Metallo gave.

7. Dark Meta Knight (Kirby & the Amazing Mirror) - I absolutely hated him whenever I had to fight him. His tornado attack was OP, and that annoyed me to death. Awesome background music though.

6. Magus (Chrono Trigger) - Yes, I went there. He was really hard to beat, so I had to resort to using a walkthrough/guide from Game Winners in order to hand him a shameful defeat.

5. Alf-Layla-wa-Layla (Sonic and the Secret Rings) - I had fun with this one, even though he was a bit hard at first. I was very satisfied when I first defeated him.

4. Evice (Pokemon Colosseum) - Beating this guy was oh so satisfying, especially seeing his expression at the end of battle. Somewhat hard for me at first, but satisfying.

3. Biolizard (Sonic Adventure 2: Battle) - The first several times I fought him, this monster was very difficult to beat that I had to call my friend who also had the game for help and he told me how to do it. It took a while to sink in, but after a few more tries, I FINALLY defeated him. Now, he's extremely easy.

2. Tabuu (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) - By far one of the hardest bosses I have ever faced, plus the music was beastly.

1. Gorigan (Pokemon smilie: Gale of Darkness) - Almost every time I go toe to toe with him, we end up being evenly matched, which never happened before whenever I fought a boss (it was either easy or hard). That surprised me, but I was also very impressed at the same time. It's for that reason alone why he's my favorite out of the Cipher Admins in the game.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 06:43:03 24/02/2013 by Iblistech
Legodude56 Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#11 Posted: 00:05:26 27/02/2013
I can't get them in order, but I love these:

Argorok(Twilight Princess)
King Boo(Lugi's Mansion)
General Scales(StarFox Adventures)
Fyrus(Twilight Princess)
Molgera(Wind Waker)
Volvagia(Ocarina of Time)
Phantom Ganon(Wind Waker) Yes, Technically Mini-boss, but still

Kind of Sad actually. Oh well, I'm too tired to think about it much right now.
---
"You have to go back" -Matt
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#12 Posted: 02:01:45 27/02/2013
I'm giddy at all the Pokemon GoD mentions.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#13 Posted: 05:00:05 27/02/2013
Edit: Thought about my 9th boss a little more. Oh and yes I have lots of Zelda and Sonic bosses but its mainly because those are my favorite franchises. Mario too, but his bosses aren't always that exciting IMO. (There are a few Mario bosses that really got me though, such as the one listed as my overall favorite)

10. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
9. Lechku & Nechku (Okami)
8. Grimham (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Final time))
7. The Magician (Rayman Origins)
6. Stallord (The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess)
5. Zant (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
4. Egg Dragoon (Sonic Generations)
3. Nega Wisp (Sonic Colors)
2. Dark Gia (Sonic Unleashed)
1. Dark Bowser (Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:37:48 10/03/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
#14 Posted: 15:47:26 27/02/2013
Quote: Gem-A-Knight

7. Final Battle (Rayman Origins (I don't think it has an actual name))

The guy's name is The Magician. <.<;
---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#15 Posted: 19:29:55 27/02/2013
Quote: HIR

Actually, I have heard he is original Rayman baddie, Mr Darks alter-ego.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#16 Posted: 20:08:25 27/02/2013
Quote: gillgrunt987

Actually, I have heard he is original Rayman baddie, Mr Darks alter-ego.

Nope, that's an urban legend. He is just a really big fan of Mr. Dark. The unused dialogue from the game suggests the Magician idolized Mr. Dark after being bullied in Magic School.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#17 Posted: 20:27:20 27/02/2013
This is really the best I can do for the time being:

1. The Nemesis (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis) - Talk about intimidating - Nemesis is one of my favorite bosses, but not of all time. Why I like this monster so much is that whilst it can be a bother fighting the creature, Nemesis is what makes the third Resident Evil game so goddamn creepy - you can never know when Nemesis is about to jump out at you.
  2. Giant Klunk (Ratchet and Clank 3) - The reason I enjoyed this boss fight was because... well, you're fighting a giant version of Klunk. I might just find it cool because you're fighting a evil version of Clank, but I found the boss fight fun - and surprisingly easy.
  3. Ripper Roo (Crash Bandicoot) - I loved this boss as a kid. Why? Well, because Ripper Roo is just so laughably insane. Yes, the boss can be frustrating at times, but what makes this boss so memorable for me is the character of Ripper Roo.
  4. Metal Kor (Jak II) - For a final boss, I found Kor to be pretty fun. The fight with this character is a mixed bag - sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, and that's what makes this such a challenging and engaging boss fight.
  5. Big Sister (Bioshock 2) - I'll admit that Bioshock 2 doesn't quite live up to what made the first game so good, but it manages to introduce some interesting elements and characters. The Big Sister is a great boss - she's intimidating, she's challenging, and she has a great appearance.
  6. 343 Guilty Spark (Halo 3) - Yeah, I know this guy is a complete idiot, and he maybe an annoyance at times, but I honestly didn't want to kill him. That's what made this boss so effective - this is a character we get to know throughout the game, so the payoff is surprisingly shocking.
  7. The Moon (Dead Space 3) - Well, how else do I explain this one without spoiling anything? To put it simple, it is one of the best moments in the whole Dead Space series.
  8. Pyramid Head (Silent Hill 2) - Obviously Pyramid Head is going to be on my list. Like the Nemesis, you just never know when Pyramid Head is going to jump out at you - but unlike the Nemesis, who is a brute, Pyramid Head is slow and subtle - the very appearance of Pyramid Head is just about enough to scare the pants of most gamers, especially when confronted by two Pyramid Heads.
  9. Toasty (Spyro the Dragon) - Yes, it is weird that Toasty is so high up on this list - the boss isn't all that creative, and it is pretty simple - but it is a pretty surprising boss. Surprising in the sense that the whole time, Toasty was a sheep. I'll admit that I never saw that coming. I expected some kind of overweight Gnorc, but instead I got a sheep on stilts.
  10. The Ubermorph (Dead Space 2) - Now, this was a tough one. The reason why I like the Ubermorph so much is that it's such a relentless and brutal creature - it never gives up, plus it's indestructible. I know that the Dead Space series has done the whole "regenerator" creature to death by now, but the Ubermorph has a unique appearance, and like most bosses in survival horror video gaming, the Ubermorph is pretty intimidating.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:06 27/02/2013 by Malefor0001
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#18 Posted: 05:42:33 28/02/2013

Ah, thanks! I will edit that.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#19 Posted: 17:03:37 01/03/2013
I love Zelda bosses so.....

10. Red (Pokemon Soul Silver)
I spent long time preparing for this one! And I beat him on my first try!

9. Bouldergeist (Super Mario Galaxy)
I loved this boss. It was just so fun. I liked the characters design too.

8. Mz. Ruby (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus)
This was fun and I replayed it many times

7. Twinrova (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
This was pretty cool and I enjoyed it.

6. Magolor (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
Epic final boss!

5. Tabuu (Super Smash Bros Brawl)
It was just so much fun!

4. Bongo Bongo (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D)
I loved this boss because I play the drums!

3. Stone Dragon (Sly Cooper 3: Honer Among Thieves)
It was A FIGHT ON A DRAGON! It was awesome!

2. Wolverine (Spiderman: Web of Shadows)
This battle was intense. The stakes were high with the Red/Black suit meter that had to go red. Also with his speed and strength, the deranged citizens that came and attacked us and I would get black points on the meter if I attacked Wolverine when that happened, and the questions he asked, that if I got wrong, added to the meter. Overall, a wonderful and really fun boss.

1. King Bulblin and minions (The first time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
It's a mini boss, yes, but I LOVED this boss. The stakes were high since Bulblin stole Collin, and I loved fighting on horseback. I switched from the slingshot, boomerang, and sword to take out the minions and Bulblin.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:59:45 20/04/2013 by awesomerockets
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#20 Posted: 03:13:22 09/03/2013
Can't do 10, so I did 5.

5: Robo Kaos (Skylanders: Giants)
I couldn't resist putting this. smilie
Epic battle, and awesome music.

4: Bowletta (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga)
Exhilarating final battle, coupled with extreme difficulty (If underleveled)

3: Don Flamenco (Punch-Out!! WII)
His Title Defense theme is the best theme in the game.

2: Pokey + Giygas (EarthBound)
BEST. BOSS. THEME. EVER.
Not to mention a fun overall penultimate fight, and a chilling moment when Giygas is revealed.

1: N. Tropy (Crash Bandicoot 3)
AMAZING theme, he's a total bada$$, and the fight is extremely fun.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:38:11 09/03/2013 by Matteomax
Crescent Wing Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#21 Posted: 17:02:37 10/03/2013
Well, I will do 5 for now.

5). Elizabeth (Persona 3/FES/Portable)
Elizabeth were near impossible no matter what difficulty you chose. After all that time in the velvet room she wanted to battle you but she were cheap. She got two turns and to top it off, she had rules like no nullify an element that she used or don't do this to anticipate her attack or she would use a Pixie to completely heal herself and deal 9999 damage to you. smilie

4). Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
Now c'mon, it is hard to no like Sephiroth as a favored boss. He tried to conquor the freaking world but using himself and his "mother" and killed the last of a race and then, transformed into a giant angel thingy and took 5 minutes just ot do a limit that would cause you to possibly use an Elixir on him due to Confusion : ( Cheapy, but an amazing villian.

3). Izanami/Izanami-no-Okami (Persona 4)
After maxing amazing friends and on your last day as a transfer student, you finally found the culprit behind the time consuming murder case. After 60+ Hours you get to battle this Goddess with Amazing music and she was a formidable opponent, but her battle theme was amazing.

2). Tyrant (Resident Evil 1)
Loved fighting this guy. Kinda hard but he was fun. A 5 minute battle of endurance till the last 30 seconds when Brad finally throws you the dang RPG to blow this big baddy up. Loved the boss and the story.

1). Genesis Rhapsodes (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7)
The guy was so much fun to fight (All his battles) Loved the musc that played but the end made me cry. Loved hearing Fulfilled Desire after the credits of this game. Such a nostalgic moment in FF when you fought Genesis. Loved it!
---
Known as HeavenlyHeroGamer on Youtube.
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#22 Posted: 12:13:17 13/03/2013
#1.Chariot (House of the dead 1) The most annoying first level boss I've encountered

#2.Hibachi (Dodonpachi resurrection Secret boss) Took me nearly MONTHS to reach this hit then he PWNs me in less than a minute.

#3.cloud of darkness (FFIII) Hard to beat that's all

#4.Black Heart (Battle garegga) I hate that flying thing. .

#5.feral chaos (Dissidia duodecim 012) Small area + big boss = my weakness
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#23 Posted: 12:14:38 20/04/2013
10) The Negativatron (LittleBigPlanet 2)
When it comes to LittleBigPlanet bosses, all of them (adleast in the first game) were pretty underwhelming and unmemorable, LBP2 on the other hand had some pretty great and grand boss battles. The best boss in the game was easily the final boss 'The Negativitron', unlike the first game, this battle was built up throughout the whole game, making a pretty decent atmosphere. The battle has three stages, each of them on their own aren't that great, but combined they make a pretty good final boss. It's this low because it's not that epic or grand for a final boss, heck the 3rd boss in the game, A GIANT FREAKING CHICKEN ROBOT, was more atmospheric and grand then the freaking final boss. But despite that, a pretty good boss battle.
9) Tabuu (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
'Tree Tops' is my second favorite level of 'Spyro the Dragon', why? Because it's a challenge, not hard or cheap, a challenge. That's kind of the same with the final boss of one of my favorite games 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl'; Tabuu. I'm sure all of you know all about 'Tabuu', he shows up near the end of 'Subspace Emmisary', kills 'Master Hand' and all the Brawlers (except Luigi, Dedede, Ness, and Sonic), seeing in that one cutscene how he can take out EVERY SINGLE BRAWLER (apart from 4) in a couple of seconds, you can tell this guy is one powerful mother duck. Once you get past the 'Great Maze' level, it's time to battle the blue humanoid entity. You can choose 6 Characters to go up against him, and trust me, you'll need all 6 of them. 'Tabuu' attacks with quite a nice variety of attacks, each very different to the last, and all of them are quite the spectacle to look at. He can throw plasma balls, throw a giant ninja star, trap you in some... golden brackets, turn into spear like object and launch himself at you, use a whip, turn into a giant version of himself and shoot lasers at you, and finally, he can grow wings and launch a one-hit K.O. move that is nearly impossible to dodge. As you can see, you have quite alot of attacks to dodge, most of the time, they're quite fun to avoid and you feel pretty bad-ass for doing so, apart from one attack... you all know what I'm talking about. I can't tell you how many times that butterfly attack (or whatever you call it) has K.O.'d one of my characters WITH 0% DAMAGE! Also the music that plays during the fight is pretty freaking awesome, a good ol' rock song, nice. He is pretty low on the list because on 'Intense' mode, HE IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT! Overall, 'Tabuu' is still a great boss, he's memorable, fairly epic, challenging, and overall a fun battle for experienced brawlers.
8) The Evil Twins (Crash Twinsanity)
The Evil Freaking Twins! Sorry Matteomax, but they are by far the best Crash boss battle ever! And here's why: First off, this fight (just like the Negativatron) had been built up throughout the entire game! Them always talking about the awesomeness of their Lair and technology in the 10th Dimension, and they weren't kidding about how awesome it was. The level before the battle appropriately the longest level in the game, 'Ant Agony', it was very challenging and fun, and built up the fight even more! Heck, before the battle, good ol' Spyro pops up in a cutscene (BEST MOMENT IN THE GAME!) When you finally reach the two bird brainiacs, they have a bit of a row with Cortex then procede to turn their old birdcage into a GIANT ANT-THINGY ROBOT OF DOOM! Then the epic fight starts. The first part of this battle, you play as Nina (for like the 2nd time in the game smilie) and her objective is to take out the robot's power supply so it's open for attack. But doing this she must avoid all the robots attacks (which include flame-throwing, summoning ant minions, and trying to cut your freaking head off!), whilst doing this she must climb up each of the six podiums and take out each power supply ball thing. (Sorry I don't know the names of most of these things smilie) This part of the battle is pretty basic but still very enjoyable. Once all the robot's power supplies are gone, it's time for the second part of the battle, where you get to play as Cortex. This part is even more simple than the last, but even more enjoyable. All you need to do is take out both of the robot's hands/weapons. You need to shoot both of them LOADS of times to accomplish this. Easy right? WRONG! Whilst this is happening the robot takes it in turns to use each of his guns to try and brutally kill you. The left gun is some sort of plasma cannon, which makes a very large explosion which is usually pretty hard to dodge. The second gun is your classic machine gun (similar to Pinstripes) where is just sprays a ton of small bullets at you. A simple concept but also VERY fun, as you need to always be on your toes to know exactly when to attack and when to start running. And finally the grand daddy that is the third and final phase of the fight. Cortex is out of ammo (or something like that) and the robot gets out a giant beam sword and a force field with a few gaps. You fight this guy as Crash right? Heh heh heh once again, WRONG! Remember the first boss of the game? The huge robot clone of Crash Bandicoot himself, MechaBandicoot. Yeah, YOU GET TO PLAY AS HIM!! I don't who at 'Traveler's Tales' decided to do this, but whoever it was, THANK YOU! This part of the fight sells it for me and secures it nicely at this place on the list. What do you do? Who cares, you're playing as freakin' MechaBandicoot! Well anyway, it's even MORE simple than the last to phases, all you need to do is either use your chainsaw or missile launcher to hit the twins' robot whilst avoiding the forcefeild and his beam sword swings. Hit him 6 times and it's over, and concluded by an incredibly satisfying ending. This whole battle is fast paced, strategic in some places, fun, simple and epic to look at. Why is it only at #8? Well there are a few problems with the fight, the Nina section where you climb can glitch quite alot and make you end up all the way back to the floor. The cortex part can get a bit repetitive and lose it charm after about 3 minutes, but apart from that it's a GREAT final boss and one of my favorites.

To be continued...
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:38:21 27/04/2013 by TorchSheep
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#24 Posted: 13:04:40 20/04/2013
Somewhere in 2-4 would be Spongebot Steelpants.
I can't remember most bosses to be honest smilie Probably will edit this later.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:04:51 20/04/2013 by crystalhero37
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#25 Posted: 16:34:11 20/04/2013
I can only think of 5 so far my are when I think of some more I will add more to the list
5Cyberdemon (Doom 3)
4/Ripto (Spyro 2)
3/EnderDragon (Minecraft)
2/Maledict (Doom 3)
1/Gnasty Gnorc (Spyro 1)
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#26 Posted: 16:36:04 20/04/2013
10. The Weasel (Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Mob of The Dead)

9. Tabuu (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

8. Wheatley (Portal 2)

7. Andross True From (Starfox 64)

6. Ganondorf (Zelda: Wind Waker)

5.The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)

4. Mistral (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)

3. Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes)

2. Walker Horde (The Walking Dead)

1. Xemnas all forms (Kingdom Hearts II)
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#27 Posted: 17:42:11 20/04/2013
Quote: Metallo
10. Gnasty Gnorc. Good times, good times.
9. Bowser. Come on, he's freakin' Bowser.
8. The Boss Waves from Galaga (the PS1 version). I like the idea of a huge wave of enemies instead of a single boss.
7. SpaceGodzilla from Godzilla: Save the Earth and Godzilla: Unleashed. He's just a boss. (No pun intended)
6. The Darkness Boss from Duel Masters for PS2. Can't remember his name, but his character design was awesome.
5. Makarov from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Not really a boss, but a cool villain.
4. Monster Ock from Spiderman for PS1. Man, that guy was UGLY.
3. Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed. Nuff said.
2. God from The Simpsons Game. Yep, that's right, you heard me; GOD.
1. Dark Kahn from Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. The greatest boss I have ever faced. The three categories I judge a boss on are Difficulty, Personality, and Character Design, and he takes the cake on all three of them. He was so deliciously evil, his character model looked freakin' awesome, and he was so hard to beat, I almost orgasm'd when I finally did beat him. One of my favorite video game villains of all time.

If you have mecha king ghidorah easy as HELL.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Maddoggy Green Sparx Gems: 293
#28 Posted: 21:46:50 20/04/2013
1. Alduin from skyrim try it master difficulty lvl 17 it hard PC DOS'NT COUNT.
2. Makorov from MW3 not hard just boss
3. The lst dead island diffulculty its hard took forever
might continue later
---
My top 5 I own in no particular order. smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#29 Posted: 13:39:29 27/04/2013
Continued...

7) Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
I know I know, I keep saying how much I love build up for a final battle in a game, but... SHUT UP! For the sake of sounding repetitive hear, this fight has a HUGE amount of build up! Even more so than the Evil Twins and The Negativitron. But this battle... just wow, what a great way to end the game. I'm sure all of you know about and have played 'Banjo-Kazooie' by now (and if you haven't PLAY IT NOW!) But it's a great game where you go around collecting things, beating baddies and completing loads of fun challenges, alot like Spyro ^.^. One of the main reasons why I liked this game so much was the characters, and no two characters stood out more than Kazooie and Gruntilda. Gruntilda has been constantly taunting and mocking you with her hilarious rhymes throughout the whole game. By the time you get enough jiggies and notes to battle her, you've almost 100 percented the whole game 0_o Seriously you need ALOT of jiggies to get the final battle, nearly all of them! So when you finally reach her at the top of her awesome lair, you are pumped beyond belief to finally take down the evil witch. This is once again a 3 Phase Battle, (WHICH I LOVE!), the first phase is fairly simple, you just need to avoid Grunty's magic ball attacks and then shoot a few eggs at her to damage her. It does get harder each time you do this though, giving a smaller window of opportunity to attack her, which I think was a great idea, so it wouldn't get too repetitive. The second phase, you and Grunty take to the skies and duke it out once again, she's still shooting her magic balls at you, which are pretty hard to dodge, you need to get as many red feathers on the ground as you can and then take to the skies and BLAST YOURSELF AT HER! Do this 3 or 4 times and the 3rd phase commenses, Grunty has had enough of getting battered, so she activates a forcefield, essentially making her nearly invincible. You have no choice but to activate all the small jingo statues around the arena, all you need to do is shoot an egg at each one of them. It would be ridiculously easy if it weren't for Grunty's constant attacking, with her magic balls which are this time, stronger than ever. Get all the jingos free and a huge jingo staue appears in the center of the arena, you need to go to each side of the statue and shoot eggs in the designated holes. Once again Grunty is pulling out her absolute best to kill you, and this time you've got hardly anywhere to hide, making it VERY hard to avoid her attacks. Activate all the sides of the statue and then witness the sheer brutality of Grunty's defeat. The statue transforms into the ginormous jingo king that is the 'Jigginator', he kicks her butt and you're done. If I could describe this fight in one word, it would be 'satisfying'. It may not be the pinical of epic final boss battles, but it sure as hell is satisfying, it also has great atmosphere, made with the tension, the epic remixed Gruntilda theme playing, and the stormy backround of the endless sky. It's hard to explain just how satisfying this game is. Play it for yourself and you'll see what I mean.
6) Final N Battle (Pokemon Black/White)
5) Wheatley (Portal 2)
4) Ripto (Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer)
3) Bowser (Super Mario Galaxy)
2) Margaret Moonlight (No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle)
1) Magalor (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)

[NOTE: I will add descriptions to all of these eventually]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:07 27/04/2013 by TorchSheep
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me