Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Molten Hot Dog Sightings [CLOSED]
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#151 Posted: 05:27:42 27/02/2013
Still no MHD at my Mississippi Wal Mart.
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#152 Posted: 06:19:45 27/02/2013
Molten Hotdog is now at Lansing IL and Hammond IN Walmart's.
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#153 Posted: 06:40:59 27/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I got myself molten hot dog in Bourbonnais, IL.
hopefully i can snag a Ninjini in the morning!
rsmith11 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#154 Posted: 16:21:51 27/02/2013
ABout 12 Molten HD at the Walmart in Marietta, GA at the Big Chicken.
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#155 Posted: 16:23:55 27/02/2013
Molten Hot Dog now in Tennessee
TexasAndroid Green Sparx Gems: 191
#156 Posted: 17:43:44 27/02/2013
Got one today at a Walmart here in San Antonio that I do not normally visit. There were 6-10 more mixed in with everything else on the shelves.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#157 Posted: 19:23:40 27/02/2013
They've reached Central PA.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Sharkz2001 Green Sparx Gems: 493
#158 Posted: 20:40:00 27/02/2013
Saw 6 pegs full of molten hot dog in San Angelo Tx this morning.
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
JerryPants Green Sparx Gems: 234
#159 Posted: 21:53:52 27/02/2013
Nothing in Central Florida... There aren't even any displays for him at my Walmart.... Very annoyed right now... How hard is it for a company to release store-wide? Toys R Us does it all the flippin' time... Screw Walmart... -___-
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#160 Posted: 22:12:09 27/02/2013
Quote: JerryPants
Nothing in Central Florida... There aren't even any displays for him at my Walmart.... Very annoyed right now... How hard is it for a company to release store-wide? Toys R Us does it all the flippin' time... Screw Walmart... -___-

Walmart prefers to send everything via their own trucks and use shipping companies in a very limited manner. On the East Coast that means we always get stuff way late. TRU has trucks as well, but they use Fedex/UPS for the HTA items because they want to market the "we got it first" thing. Walmart prefers to keep their margin.
#161 Posted: 22:28:02 27/02/2013
Quote: defpally

Walmart prefers to send everything via their own trucks and use shipping companies in a very limited manner. On the East Coast that means we always get stuff way late. TRU has trucks as well, but they use Fedex/UPS for the HTA items because they want to market the "we got it first" thing. Walmart prefers to keep their margin.

Aha.... Makes sense, I guess... Thanks.

Doesn't mean I have to like it though... LOL
#162 Posted: 00:21:05 28/02/2013
I'm confused. My walmart doesn't have any on the shelves still, but if you go to the website it says its in stock at your store....
Grizztof Green Sparx Gems: 239
#163 Posted: 00:27:36 28/02/2013
My Wal Mart (West end of Billings, MT) had maybe ten Molten Hot Dogs and no regular ones. Fine by me. I'll take yellow over red any day of the week.
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#164 Posted: 00:29:44 28/02/2013

Where in Central Florida?? I was at the Walmart in Auburndale and they had about 20 MHDs out for sale.

Got mine. WOO HOO!!
#165 Posted: 00:30:12 28/02/2013
Quote: LoveProfusion15
I'm confused. My walmart doesn't have any on the shelves still, but if you go to the website it says its in stock at your store....

It's because they use standard upc code for all skylanders
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
#166 Posted: 00:30:49 28/02/2013
My store does have the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack though. Like 6 of them.
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#167 Posted: 00:31:14 28/02/2013

Sounds like the stockers just haven't put them out, I would ask if no help ask for a manager, because their there, you can also pull up the page in store and show them if it helps, just be polite but don't take laziness for an answer
#168 Posted: 00:36:44 28/02/2013
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering if they were sitting around in a box there. So lazy.... My boyfriend is the one who unloads the trucks there and he never seen a box of them, but they probably came in on his day off. I'm gonna call them now. Thanks!!! smilie
#169 Posted: 00:37:54 28/02/2013
Quote: Sharkz2001

Thats true, but MHD has his own UPC as he is only sold at walmart
Rhonan Green Sparx Gems: 103
#170 Posted: 00:48:50 28/02/2013
Quote: NinjaHarley

Its likely intentionally misleading. I had a similar problem at Target not too long ago. The website said a bunch of characters were in stock at my local store. But when I got there, nothing I wanted was in stock.

They want you in the store since you are more likely to buy something even if its not what you initially were looking for.
KiDFass65 Gold Sparx Gems: 2922
#171 Posted: 00:49:49 28/02/2013
I almost (almost) did not purchase MHD based on the photos I saw. They seemed washed out and MHD looked all yellow. I am glad I did purchase it. The coloring is much better when inhand and there is more detail than what I saw in the pictures.
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#172 Posted: 00:50:57 28/02/2013
Quote: Rhonan

Its likely intentionally misleading. I had a similar problem at Target not too long ago. The website said a bunch of characters were in stock at my local store. But when I got there, nothing I wanted was in stock.

They want you in the store since you are more likely to buy something even if its not what you initially were looking for.

See the thing for yours though you were looking for regular figures. Those have the same UPC.. So the system says Hey, he wants 22255565 and we have that in stock so we will show it as being in store. The system doesn't know that your looking for Drobot and not Stumpy.
#173 Posted: 00:53:07 28/02/2013
They looked at me like I was stupid and said that even if they did have him in the back the website says they aren't selling him until the 1st.... When will I ever get him?
#174 Posted: 00:56:31 28/02/2013
That's weird because I got into the box the other night at Wal-Mart and it didn't have a street date on it. They shouldn't be holding it. Also, if the website is selling it, why wouldn't the stores.
AddictedDad Red Sparx Gems: 78
#175 Posted: 01:06:39 28/02/2013
Just picked him up at Walmart. 5 in stock
#176 Posted: 01:57:29 28/02/2013
Quote: Bazinga
Quote: Rhonan

See the thing for yours though you were looking for regular figures. Those have the same UPC.. So the system says Hey, he wants 22255565 and we have that in stock so we will show it as being in store. The system doesn't know that your looking for Drobot and not Stumpy.

You sir are correct. I learned this early on with Spyro's Adventure.

Each store exclusive has its own unique UPC, while the following have shared UPC's

SA Singles
SA Adventure Packs
SA Triple Packs

SG Singles
SG Giants
SG Lightcore
SG Battlepacks
SG Triple packs

So if searching for something in own of those all you can do, is have them look up the UPC to see how many they have on hand then see whats on the shelf, So if Walmart has 12 Singles on the shelf and 24 on hand then there is a box in the back somewhere. They only becomes helpful when new waves come out, if you go a few days in a row, because if they have 12 one day and 36 the next they got in two boxes.

Nothing is meant to be misleading their done just like most other toys, you just have to figure out how to work it to your advantage
#177 Posted: 01:59:25 28/02/2013
They looked at me like I was stupid and said that even if they did have him in the back the website says they aren't selling him until the 1st.... When will I ever get him?
Just have the look up the UPC, they'll be able to tell you how many they have on order, or on hand, they can even look up other walmarts in the area. Just take the UPC with you and ask them to look it up.
DeadPool910 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#178 Posted: 02:39:20 28/02/2013
Just found MHD in spring lake NC. they had like 8 in stock.
#179 Posted: 02:49:05 28/02/2013

If you have multiple Walmarts around you I'd check them all. The one 5 minutes from me didn't have any in and said they didn't know when they were getting the shipment. The Walmart 10 minutes away had like 30+ on the shelf.

PS: No Walmarts in my area have any type of advertisement for MHD. He was actually sitting with the rest of the skylanders in electronics.
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
#180 Posted: 03:08:23 28/02/2013
Thanks for all of the help guys!
#181 Posted: 03:16:45 28/02/2013
Ok for those on the East coast ... I got further reinforcement for why I hate Walmart so much today. I went in feeling good since I scored a Ninjini earlier and wanted to see if they had Molten. This Walmart is notorious for getting things really late though. I ordered one online, but wanted to surprise my son with both figures tonight so was going to get it, then just cancel the pickup when it arrives.

Well, I go back to electronics and nothing on the shelves except some Wave 3 giants and Wave 2 singles (not bad if you are looking for those, but not what I wanted). No Moltens, no display, nothing in Easter, nothing in Toys. I pull it up on the website on my phone and ask an employee to see if they have it in stock, so he asks me which one I am looking for and walks over to check for me again. I tell him it is a new one other stores have gotten and they should be getting soon. Still won't look the number up, but he says he will go check in the back room.

He comes walking back out with one of them. Apparently they have been back there a day or two. I'm happy getting it, but keep in mind he only came out with ONE, not the case to put out, just one for me. So not only have they been sitting on it a while, but he definitely isn't making any extra effort to get them out. Worked out for me, but not so much for the next guy.

So if you don't see them, don't be so sure they don't have them. Ask them, because my store is known to be slow getting in stock, but they had them. In the back. But they had them.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#182 Posted: 03:27:39 28/02/2013
Ok for those on the East coast ... I got further reinforcement for why I hate Walmart so much today. I went in feeling good since I scored a Ninjini earlier and wanted to see if they had Molten. This Walmart is notorious for getting things really late though. I ordered one online, but wanted to surprise my son with both figures tonight so was going to get it, then just cancel the pickup when it arrives.

Well, I go back to electronics and nothing on the shelves except some Wave 3 giants and Wave 2 singles (not bad if you are looking for those, but not what I wanted). No Moltens, no display, nothing in Easter, nothing in Toys. I pull it up on the website on my phone and ask an employee to see if they have it in stock, so he asks me which one I am looking for and walks over to check for me again. I tell him it is a new one other stores have gotten and they should be getting soon. Still won't look the number up, but he says he will go check in the back room.

He comes walking back out with one of them. Apparently they have been back there a day or two. I'm happy getting it, but keep in mind he only came out with ONE, not the case to put out, just one for me. So not only have they been sitting on it a while, but he definitely isn't making any extra effort to get them out. Worked out for me, but not so much for the next guy.

So if you don't see them, don't be so sure they don't have them. Ask them, because my store is known to be slow getting in stock, but they had them. In the back. But they had them.

I went into Wal Mart tonight...same situation...the guy said "we have stuff in the back" but couldn't be bothered in looking. Congrats on getting both...do you have a link of the "easter" display on their site?

BTW, this store had NOTHING in regards to end cap display or anything except for the Giants section in Electronics. I'm 0 for 2 today.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#183 Posted: 03:40:39 28/02/2013
Got a MHD in Fredricksburg,VA today after getting a ninjini at toys r us.
#184 Posted: 05:34:45 28/02/2013
The Easter display is an area near the front with candy and doodads for the Easter basket. AS I understand, some stores have some Skylanders in that section.

Some stores also put a small selection of Skylanders in the toy area with the action figures.
#185 Posted: 05:42:09 28/02/2013
The Easter display is an area near the front with candy and doodads for the Easter basket. AS I understand, some stores have some Skylanders in that section.

Some stores also put a small selection of Skylanders in the toy area with the action figures.

Yeah EPIC FAIL for me there as well. It's almost easier to suck up and pay an extra $5 considering the stupid gas I'm wasting.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#186 Posted: 05:52:38 28/02/2013
Found 11 molten hotdogs in one walmart and 8 at another. Only bought 5 thou for the ppl in my fam.
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#187 Posted: 07:02:38 28/02/2013
Since ther are so many comments about the displays and where the figures are being located in the stores, I figured it was time to pop on and drop in a little tidbit of info...

My regular Wal-Mart has the large cardboard cut-out endcap topper advertising MHD. I have yet to see any, though an associate on Monday (25th) said he heard that 2 came in the previous Friday and to check back mid-week. I haven't returned as of yet, but a call by my friend this morning (while picking up Ninjini) revealed they got some in, but only had one left on the shelf and wouldn't hold it. I didn't waste the gas as I was at least a good 7+ minutes away.

Anyway, back to the displays...
Looks like one of the toy isles was getting a makeover to include Skylanders figures. Be sure to check your stores to see if they're adding this extra shelf everywhere.

At the other Wal-Mart nearby, they had absolutely no signage at all and the shelf/demo unit area is very poorly maintained. I avoid this store if at all possible.

And the third, and possibly the most embarrassing store in my vicinity, still has signage up for the exclusive Drill Sgt. from S:SA. You'd think they would have at least moved on to something a little more recent. Hell, even a "Coming Soon: Skylanders Giants" sign would be more acceptable. But whatever...
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
#188 Posted: 08:37:15 28/02/2013
Call me crazy, but I just drove to one of my local Wal*Marts..... Got him.... FINALLY!!!

Oviedo, FL...
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#189 Posted: 12:39:33 28/02/2013
^At 3 am. That's dedication.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
#190 Posted: 12:45:37 28/02/2013
That is usually the best time to find them. Most locations put them out at that time. If you are going to find a variant at Wal-Mart it will probably be at that time.
#191 Posted: 13:00:43 28/02/2013
Honestly that is the best time to avoid the biggest downfall of shopping at Walmart - the other people that normally shop at Walmart.
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#192 Posted: 13:31:27 28/02/2013
New Jersey. Picked up two in store just now. I ordered two from .com so I will have an extra if anyone really can't fin one.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
octaneblue Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#193 Posted: 14:01:52 28/02/2013
Call me crazy, but I just drove to one of my local Wal*Marts..... Got him.... FINALLY!!!

Oviedo, FL...

Thanks so much! I live in the Oviedo area, so after I read this, my girlfriend and I drove to the local Walmart and got 1. They had plenty of MHD figures there (as well as Thumpbacks and Eye-Brawls, if anyone else that also lives in the area wants them).
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#194 Posted: 15:01:27 28/02/2013
Vadnais Heights, MN had 21 this morning.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#195 Posted: 19:39:18 28/02/2013
Honestly that is the best time to avoid the biggest downfall of shopping at Walmart - the other people that normally shop at Walmart.

+1 It was a truly horrific experience for me to walk into my local store. There's the "bad" store and the "good" one. I went into the bad one last night. Today, I'll try the "good" one.
---
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#196 Posted: 22:12:12 28/02/2013
Just got mine, they had 3 on the shelf. I got it from jacksonville, nc.
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
GrandCannon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#197 Posted: 22:29:49 28/02/2013
Just picked up one with a dozen still on the pegs. Boston, MA
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#198 Posted: 22:37:39 28/02/2013
MHD arrived in Niles and Palatine, IL two days ago.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#199 Posted: 23:29:31 28/02/2013
Still nothing in Hamilton or Burlington ontario
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#200 Posted: 23:38:33 28/02/2013
Several up in western Mass - kind of a weird display since that Wal*Mart will be closing soon and is pretty much picked clean of all Skylanders except for a few Swarm, a few Cynder, a couple old 3-packs, and the half-dozen MHD they added.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me