Page 1 of 1
An idea I have just had. [CLOSED]
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#1 Posted: 14:56:03 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Well I am guessing I am not the only Portal Master who has an addiction to Skylanders. Activison are a business and are in it to make £££ or $$$ and rightfully so.

That being said I am very surprised they have not got involved in something that most games do. What am I talking about?

The answer..... DLC (Downloadable Content).

Ok I fully get the whole concept of the game is to bring toys to life but not everyone will buy a Series 2 just for a new wow pow and repose. So how about they sell the new Wow Pow as DLC. As the franchise gets older and some Skylanders disappear sell a new Wow Pow to keep the replayabolity for those already owned.
I personally have bought most series 2's however there are some people who wont do that but would consider the DLC wow pow.

I personally play on PS3 and I have noticed alot of francise's come with a custom PS3 Theme, Wallpaper Avatar. There is an endless opertunity for Activison to coin it in here. Just think an avatar for every Skylander, on PS3 these normally sell for £0.30 - £0.50, do the math.

I have seen some great idea's on this forum, hope you like mine. Let me know what you think. smilie
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 17:38:00 20/02/2013
Well the whole game is based around DLC....exccept for the downloading part.

Since the game is aimed at kids, they usually woudn't have a PSN/Xbox Live etc. Account.

Thus meaning that it probably wouldn't sell well.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#3 Posted: 17:43:52 20/02/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Well the whole game is based around DLC....exccept for the downloading part.

Since the game is aimed at kids, they usually woudn't have a PSN/Xbox Live etc. Account.

Thus meaning that it probably wouldn't sell well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#4 Posted: 18:42:43 20/02/2013
why wud they sell digital stuff when they make tons of money with figures. thats why their bringing Adventure packs with magical items and Battle packs which is kinda DLCs in figures.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#5 Posted: 21:47:29 20/02/2013
^Because it satisfies the older generation, and could possibly cost more than a figure
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#6 Posted: 21:54:30 20/02/2013
Why make an upgrade paid DLC? That's just stupid. In fact why don't they just charge $75 for a code that allows you to buy the game for $75 more dollars?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#7 Posted: 01:19:18 21/02/2013
remember this is Activision their at the very top when regards to money and profits. as they have said from the news theyve already reached 1B in sales and most of that coming from figures. and as CommanderGame said it doesnt have any online features atm thus figures with abit of extended gameplay is the only way and will most like more profitable than just software. its like $10 just online easy to make DLC ($25 one but longer to make) vs $25DLC easy to make + figures for sure they will go with the one with more profits.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#8 Posted: 02:24:58 22/02/2013
Plus what would they do on the Wii?
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#9 Posted: 12:55:06 22/02/2013
Making avatars on PS3/Vita wouldn't cost them too much, they'd just need to lift the characters from their official artwork, and crop them to fit.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#10 Posted: 16:14:43 22/02/2013
Here's a fun fact: EB Games (at least used to) put placeholder prices that were ludicrously high. I've recieved some "upcoming titles" lists from them for Nintendo consoles.

The placeholder dates were the last day of the year. The placeholder costs were $9999.99 each.

Those must be some quality games. smilie
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#11 Posted: 21:38:08 22/02/2013
Enough with the non- descriptive titles
---
Im so proud of you
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#12 Posted: 01:38:57 25/02/2013
I hate DLC. My wii can't use wi-fi, so I'd miss out on so much!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me