Page 1 of 1
loyalty = rewards [CLOSED]
ckasper Green Sparx Gems: 381
#1 Posted: 16:26:49 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So me and my son picked up SSA when it first dropped when it was still a sleeper and before the craze. we have 1 of every character and extras ( mini's, adventure packs, in game variants - dark spyro, red pop fizz, ect. ) so when giants came out before anything else we sat down and registered all are old characters... nothing but an accolade... well that sucked. alot of games are rewarding there fans by giving them in-game extras, skins, bonus levels, ect. for have the previous game/game's save file on there HD

My main point is they should take the time for there hardcore fans that have dropped loads of money to collect every figure from giants and SSA and throw in some extra content in swap force as a reward...

your thoughts...
---
watch out for this guy - Louisville, Ky scalper ... http://myworld.ebay.com/sandrockgundam04/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:38 19/02/2013 by ckasper
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 18:05:42 19/02/2013
That's a great idea and one that I'm surprised hasn't been talked about in a lot of what people "want" in the new game.

By now, a good portion of us and I'd assume general consumers will have purchased at least 70 of the figures. At $10 a pop (not to mention things like the game costs, extra figures, etc), that means we've probably all invested at least $1000 into the franchise a person which is no small amount to say the least.

Something like registering S1 and S2 characters on the games should unlock their Heroic Challenges (either one will unlock) and there should also be things like special hats, special skins and levels for those people who register a lot of figures.

Physically, I think they ought to give us something back. Hot Wheels usually has a promotion (commonly at TRU) where you send in 10-15 UPC codes from the blisters plus $5 to get a special car. They've done this for years and is a perfect model for Skylanders: Have something like send in 5 UPCS (this is approx $50 compared to the $10 Hot Wheels people are spending) plus Shipping and Handling (this is unavoidable even though they should give it to us free of S&H) and get a special figure.

Heck, this'd be the perfect way to distribute variants. Due to the length in time between wave releases, they could cut variants down to 2- one is able to be found in assortment boxes and the second is able to be "purchased" from the UPC promotion.

It sounds like a win-win: People are able to get variants if they want, and those that spend the money on the series are rewarded which drives up consumer happiness. (and the potential to continue spending money on the franchise)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#3 Posted: 18:56:02 19/02/2013
On that note, I mentioned it in the general thread initially but I hope they change the "ownership" issue with the third game. If they carry forward the same method as Giants, we are going to have to change ownership of our 80+ Skylanders in SSF for them to be recognized in the new game. The current process is becoming a real pain and will only get to be more and more time consuming going forward as more Skylanders come out each year.

So hopefully they'll establish some method of allowing your collection to migrate from prior games without such a tedious process.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
ckasper Green Sparx Gems: 381
#4 Posted: 19:02:37 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Good idea's spyroflame0487

heres just a couple of mine

GAME SAVES --

1. if you have a SSA save file on your HD - unlocks the original home base ( sorry can't remember actual name ) from SSA for a HC, battle arena or just free roam with extra
2. if you have a S.Giants save file on your HD - Unlocks flynns ship for a HC, battle arena or just free roam with extras

CHARACTERS -- ( broken down from S1 and S2 set's and then elements )

1. if you register all of one element of the S1 character's you get a special animated hat that compliments that element ( ex.1... fire - a bucket of lava that as you walk or run the lava sloshes around and drips on the ground . ex.2... undead - tombstone that has a small ghost/spector flying around it )

2.if you register all of one element of the S2 character's you get an ingame outfit for those of that element ( same character different outfit - not a variant - think flamslinger cupid ) also think borderlands 2

ALL CHARACTER SET --

1. a complete set of Either series would net you a one time code ( 2 code's per game, 1 code per series ) for an exclusive character that compliments those series that you could contact activision and redeem using your code.

I'm sure there are some hole's in some of those but those are just ideas as a fan.
---
watch out for this guy - Louisville, Ky scalper ... http://myworld.ebay.com/sandrockgundam04/
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#5 Posted: 20:01:24 19/02/2013
i can understand bonuses to having the old characters, but having a save file of the previous game shouldnt be rewarded as that locks you into a single console, especially with the next gen just around the corner.
#6 Posted: 20:11:39 19/02/2013
I don't think it should have to read a save file, I just don't think that you should have to transfer ownership to every new game that comes out. The character should remember ownership for each new game. So when SSF comes out, since it's a new game, the Skylanders will automatically be "owned" by the new game since it has never been played with on that particular game.
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#7 Posted: 01:44:29 20/02/2013
what do you think are fair rewards for loyal fans? chances are its gona be a ingame stuff/item/trophies/upgrades/power up..... etc etc share your thoughts!
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#8 Posted: 03:50:29 20/02/2013
Good idea, except Activision really doesn't care about those things. :/
---
cry baby, I am
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#9 Posted: 11:32:17 20/02/2013
^ Activision just cares about money.
onslaught Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#10 Posted: 12:16:08 20/02/2013
Activision is very greedy for example I bet they would kiss their money
---
<(".<) (>".)> Two Kirbys.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#11 Posted: 13:21:51 20/02/2013
I really don't care about the "ownership changing being a pain" issue, but what I really want is a bank, where you could deposit Skylanders money and give it to another when you are ready. Who supports my idea?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#12 Posted: 13:25:54 20/02/2013
Quote: zookinator
I really don't care about the "ownership changing being a pain" issue, but what I really want is a bank, where you could deposit Skylanders money and give it to another when you are ready. Who supports my idea?

i support it!
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#13 Posted: 14:01:25 20/02/2013

Good ideas!

THe "ownership changing being a pain" might be easy to solve on a PC, but most of the consoles would need you to import some file, and I don't know how well little kids could be expected to do that stuff.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#14 Posted: 15:45:27 20/02/2013
the problem with mass transfer of ownership is that in theory, kids are bringing their Skylanders to friends houses and using them on different save games. Sure, while your friend is over,you can take ownership of the character on a particular game, but 2 weeks later when you start a new game by yourself, you don't have that figure anymore, so of course they are not going to want you to carry it forward.

What they do need to do is have a game automatically take ownership of a skylander when you put it on the portal though. No reason that i can think of for it not to.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#15 Posted: 16:34:37 20/02/2013
I think that ownership on a per game basis is a good solution. So your S1 Prism Break would save ownership for SSA and SG, then when it's first put on the portal for SSF, since it's a new game, it would register ownership for SSF. Then it would do the same for Skylanders 4.
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#16 Posted: 18:39:38 20/02/2013
by the time to time skylander 4 hits the market lol it wud take us forever taking ownership of our collection lol the 3ds automatically adds your figures in the collections once you started using it. i hope they implement this in consoles -.-
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#17 Posted: 21:58:49 20/02/2013
Quote: FLEIJA
by the time to time skylander 4 hits the market lol it wud take us forever taking ownership of our collection lol the 3ds automatically adds your figures in the collections once you started using it. i hope they implement this in consoles -.-

That's because of the lack of multiplayer.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#18 Posted: 14:20:59 22/02/2013
That would be great since my S1 smilie has like 30,000 and can't use it!
---
Dead
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#19 Posted: 23:34:47 22/02/2013
I don't have time to look right now, but I remember someone suggesting they make an account that you can link to your games so that all of your Skylanders would automatically be registered to all of them.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me