Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
This is becoming pathetic [CLOSED]
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#1 Posted: 22:24:35 18/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Dont bash me, because this is only MY opinion, but WHY is activision turning a one wonderful series into Call Of Duty?
Call of duty gets a new game with barely any changes EVERY YEAR. This is the same. Giants was basically just like Spyros adventure, now here is swap force. They also kept releasing mobile games too.

Now if only Spyros old franchise would of got this attention...
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:26:01 18/02/2013
Well this is Activision we're talking about, known to milk popular game franchises like CoD. We can expect more than one Skylanders game each year at this rate.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:46 18/02/2013 by Aura24
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 22:32:51 18/02/2013
I'd rather it be Skylanders than another crappy first person shooter, racer, rhythm, or sports game.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#4 Posted: 22:36:07 18/02/2013
And Swap Force is looking much more different than being just another copy of SSA and Giants.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#5 Posted: 22:39:18 18/02/2013
Activision is a business and businesses love to make money. Just be happy they thought Spyro was a worthwhile property to launch a new series with (I know I am).

Now if only Activision will set their greedy paws on including Crash and my PSOne nostalgia will be complete! MWAHAAHAHA! *cough*
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 22:42:28 18/02/2013
Oh, you.smilie
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#7 Posted: 00:23:54 19/02/2013
id prefer new content with little added features every year then 1 game every 3 years with a lot of new features and the same/similar amount of added content.

but thats just my opinion smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:09 19/02/2013 by IJJusion
#8 Posted: 00:38:59 19/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
id prefer new content with little added features every year then 1 game every 3 years with a lot of new features and the same/similar amount of added content.

What does that even mean?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 01:35:01 19/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I'd rather it be Skylanders than another crappy first person shooter, racer, rhythm, or sports game.

Quote: Aura24
And Swap Force is looking much more different than being just another copy of SSA and Giants.

Quote: Spyrobaro
Give them credit for at least trying to improve the graphics and such.

yes, Yes, YES!!!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 01:39:53 19/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: IJJusion

What does that even mean?

obviously a game that has a sequel years down the track has more innovations in gameplay/improvements in it then a game released a year later
however the amount of levels/stages is always generally the same, because a game takes 3 or so years to make it doesnt mean you're going to get 50 chapters. youll still get a similar amount of levels, its just changes to how the game is played will be more apparent in the game and it would be more polished.
#11 Posted: 02:01:01 19/02/2013
Ahh, I got you now.

To be honest, I'd rather new innovations and who's to say they wouldn't have more levels than they do right now? Though, to be honest, Skylanders seems like one of those games. After all, the plot is so thin it's barely there.
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#12 Posted: 02:16:31 19/02/2013
Idk, it's a bit too early for me to start being negative towards the series. I started playing Giants in November and still enjoy it. Do other things to occupy your time man, it's just a game.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#13 Posted: 05:00:37 19/02/2013
Now I know I can't speak for the opinion of all classic Spyro fans and don't get me wrong as I was once a classic Spyro fan and gamer, but looking back now, the games were kinda sloppy. The characters were not as memorable as you thought they would be, the villains are never consistent and the plot is too different. First we get a simple plot with Gnasty Gnorc as the villain who turns dragons into statues and you free them, then in Ripto's rage you have to beat Ripto and then the Sorceress from the first three mainly. My problem is that Most of Spyro's friends disappear and appear randomly. Most of the dragons from the first game if not all never appear again, that professor and the animal friends like Sheila, Sgt Byrd, Bentley, Agent 9 and even Hunter and Moneybags of all people, but the centaur girl, that fairy and Hunter's bunny girlfriend don't appear again as far as I know, sorry it's been a while for me with the games. They don't even focus on dragons as much later in the series and we get weird moments like how Gnasty survived, heck how Ripto survived and how come Crush and Gulp can talk when they couldn't before? Worse of all, I remember when people actually complained about the games for not really changing the games all that much and that they wanted co-op and Spyro to fly and look what happens, fans get what they want and they complain and hate the game. It's ironic how people get what they want and then they hate it and it destroys the very thing they love. The fans were very no offence very inconsiderate and ironically put this game with great potential to rest. I'm only saying my personal opinion and what everyone was saying back then and I do still like the games, but everyone should agree that there were some major problems with the games. Also didn't anyone get really annoyed with Ripto trying to be Spyro's personal Bowser with him keep being the villain in almost every single game after Year of the Dragon?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 06:51:16 19/02/2013
i think theres an interesting post above me, but i cant get through the wall of text to find it >.<
#15 Posted: 08:17:37 19/02/2013
How about this?

Quote: GhostRoaster617
Now I know I can't speak for the opinion of all classic Spyro fans and don't get me wrong as I was once a classic Spyro fan and gamer, but looking back now, the games were kinda sloppy. The characters were not as memorable as you thought they would be, the villains are never consistent and the plot is too different. First we get a simple plot with Gnasty Gnorc as the villain who turns dragons into statues and you free them, then in Ripto's rage you have to beat Ripto and then the Sorceress from the first three mainly.

My problem is that Most of Spyro's friends disappear and appear randomly. Most of the dragons from the first game if not all never appear again, that professor and the animal friends like Sheila, Sgt Byrd, Bentley, Agent 9 and even Hunter and Moneybags of all people, but the centaur girl, that fairy and Hunter's bunny girlfriend don't appear again as far as I know, sorry it's been a while for me with the games. They don't even focus on dragons as much later in the series and we get weird moments like how Gnasty survived, heck how Ripto survived and how come Crush and Gulp can talk when they couldn't before?

Worse of all, I remember when people actually complained about the games for not really changing the games all that much and that they wanted co-op and Spyro to fly and look what happens, fans get what they want and they complain and hate the game. It's ironic how people get what they want and then they hate it and it destroys the very thing they love. The fans were very no offence very inconsiderate and ironically put this game with great potential to rest. I'm only saying my personal opinion and what everyone was saying back then and I do still like the games, but everyone should agree that there were some major problems with the games.

Also didn't anyone get really annoyed with Ripto trying to be Spyro's personal Bowser with him keep being the villain in almost every single game after Year of the Dragon?
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#16 Posted: 08:18:53 19/02/2013
as long they make money with skylanders we wont prolly seeing a standalone spyros game. its ok to release yearly but they shud do something about the gameplay and ingame features also aa their doing great with their toys.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
RatchetJukes1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#17 Posted: 08:22:10 19/02/2013
GhostRoaster617 has made some interesting points, people do always have to find faults in what they asked for. No series will ever be perfect, no t the original Spyro games nor Skylanders but each have their own good features and fanbases respectively. At least new Skylanders will be released with each game and there will be a new company making it, you can't simply say that its "like CoD" just because they're made by the same company.
---
smilie's resident Lombax has returned!
#18 Posted: 08:31:59 19/02/2013
Quote: Aura24
How about this?

Quote: GhostRoaster617
Now I know I can't speak for the opinion of all classic Spyro fans and don't get me wrong as I was once a classic Spyro fan and gamer, but looking back now, the games were kinda sloppy. The characters were not as memorable as you thought they would be, the villains are never consistent and the plot is too different. First we get a simple plot with Gnasty Gnorc as the villain who turns dragons into statues and you free them, then in Ripto's rage you have to beat Ripto and then the Sorceress from the first three mainly.

My problem is that Most of Spyro's friends disappear and appear randomly. Most of the dragons from the first game if not all never appear again, that professor and the animal friends like Sheila, Sgt Byrd, Bentley, Agent 9 and even Hunter and Moneybags of all people, but the centaur girl, that fairy and Hunter's bunny girlfriend don't appear again as far as I know, sorry it's been a while for me with the games. They don't even focus on dragons as much later in the series and we get weird moments like how Gnasty survived, heck how Ripto survived and how come Crush and Gulp can talk when they couldn't before?

Worse of all, I remember when people actually complained about the games for not really changing the games all that much and that they wanted co-op and Spyro to fly and look what happens, fans get what they want and they complain and hate the game. It's ironic how people get what they want and then they hate it and it destroys the very thing they love. The fans were very no offence very inconsiderate and ironically put this game with great potential to rest. I'm only saying my personal opinion and what everyone was saying back then and I do still like the games, but everyone should agree that there were some major problems with the games.

Also didn't anyone get really annoyed with Ripto trying to be Spyro's personal Bowser with him keep being the villain in almost every single game after Year of the Dragon?

thank you

and one thing to point out..is the upset group...is the loud group, sure people will complain that something is missing and they want it, and when it happens, the people that were happy how it was complain
that it never should of been changed

which is why its always up to the developer to shape and mould their game in a way that best helps the game grow, not based off whos whinging the most
spyroblue Green Sparx Gems: 351
#19 Posted: 09:53:48 19/02/2013
Why you think the game will have the same size of giants, they only have 1 year to develop the game. spyro adventure had at least 2 years

The only big game i play with less them 1 year develop is abe exoddus.
---
"Crazy is as Crazy does!"
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#20 Posted: 10:20:06 19/02/2013

What he said
---
Im so proud of you
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#21 Posted: 13:16:01 19/02/2013

Rhythm games? Tell more please smilie

I typed something here but then realized I was a complete idiot and wasn't even close to being right so I typed this instead.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:58 19/02/2013 by fireofexile
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#22 Posted: 21:27:12 19/02/2013
One thing to keep in mind is the amount of vocal people does not equal the amount of people that have opinions. In general people with opposition to something are more likely to broadcast their opinion, in my experience.
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#23 Posted: 00:13:34 20/02/2013
I don't know what you're talking about sir. Swap Force looks amazing and with all the new characters and fewer remakes of old ones, this game just keeps getting better!
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24 Posted: 00:56:33 20/02/2013
Quote: Tributaryink9
I don't know what you're talking about sir. Swap Force looks amazing and with all the new characters and fewer remakes of old ones, this game just keeps getting better!

this.
#25 Posted: 01:40:14 20/02/2013
prolly their wallet is hurting much thats why smilie i cant blame them considering this tough economy. ONLINE mode with security/parental features and this game will be really golden for me. smilie nonetheless its really a great game for all ages and we enjoy playing it smilie
---
#26 Posted: 01:46:15 20/02/2013
Sorry I was going to separate the text, but I thought it would be alright. I'll do that next time if there's anything else to say.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#27 Posted: 02:16:17 22/02/2013
My console can't use wi-fi (being bought in a foreign country), so I don't care about that. But, it is refreshing to see a popular, fun, and family-friendly (excepting the wilikin) game, and I hope the series survives. I've played games out of the original, LoS, and SLers series, and they're all pretty good.
besides, look at Mario. Each game is pretty much the same, a few new mechanics, maybe a little story, a few more bosses, but people still play it, and en masse.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#28 Posted: 03:15:54 22/02/2013
Quote: spyrobeta
Dont bash me, because this is only MY opinion, but WHY is activision turning a one wonderful series into Call Of Duty?
Call of duty gets a new game with barely any changes EVERY YEAR. This is the same. Giants was basically just like Spyros adventure, now here is swap force. They also kept releasing mobile games too.

Now if only Spyros old franchise would of got this attention...

Iirc, the first Spyro trilogy was the exact same every year with minor differences
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#29 Posted: 05:13:49 22/02/2013
How dare you! Year of the Dragon was awesome.
#30 Posted: 05:22:49 22/02/2013
Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, different games but same game mechanics.
---
#31 Posted: 22:23:28 22/02/2013

I personally think Spyro 3 was the worst of the 3, but whatevs.
---

jakesterg Blue Sparx Gems: 806
#32 Posted: 19:52:41 23/02/2013
Quote: fireofexile

I typed something here but then realized I was a complete idiot and wasn't even close to being right so I typed this instead.

I agree with you Gamemaster. As for fireofexile, I'll PM you.
---
Irish Jig!
#33 Posted: 20:18:18 23/02/2013
Quote: PinkWater

"Whatevs" indeed since you can't argue taste.
#34 Posted: 22:42:28 23/02/2013
Quote: PinkWater

"Whatevs" indeed since you can't argue taste.

Yes, I can. They're minor things, but they make a big difference in my eyes. And since you just HAVE to know:

Compared to Spyro 2, number 3 was a bit halfassed. A lot of things improved from Spyro 1 were taken out of the third installment, like the little intros and outros to each level, a lot of music was removed or replaced in certain versions, and the Sorceress as a baddie was very underwhelming. The bosses were very bland, the 117% ending wasn't worth it, and I was never too fond of the skateboarding levels. (Though, that's more of something I didn't like than a con) The cutscenes are also much shorter and just kind of show up as opposed to Spyro 2 weaving more of a story with Ripto running from place to place as you defeat his minions.

Was the game still good? Definitely, it was just a slight letdown from the last two. Maybe those nitpicks shouldn't be enough for Spyro 3 to be my least favorite, but you also have no right to say I can't "argue taste" because of this. If you still disagree with me, fine, but these are my tastes and they weren't met.

Also, this is off-topic: Bottom line, Skylanders may be cranking out game after game each year, but I'd rather play something with a gimmick instead of a Mario remake that only appeals to the eyes.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:49 23/02/2013 by PinkWater
#35 Posted: 22:50:56 23/02/2013
That's cute, but no. I see the shade went over your head. *sips tea*
#36 Posted: 23:08:55 23/02/2013
I enjoyed playing as Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley and especially Agent 9, but I did find it odd that we didn't get to play as Hunter until way later in A hero's Tail and that's when Spyro was going down hill. The main problems with the games again is how it got darker and all of the characters we all grew up started disappearing and I do have to sadly say that most of Spyro's enemies were pretty forgettable and bland. I normally like dark stuff, but when that happened, everyone's favorite characters disappeared and they start becoming forgotten and I'm not a fan of all the modern references as the game takes place within older times in some games.
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#37 Posted: 12:18:01 24/02/2013
Quote: jakesterg
Quote: fireofexile

I agree with you Gamemaster. As for fireofexile, I'll PM you.

Can you tell me aswell? smilie
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#38 Posted: 14:35:37 24/02/2013
i will not buy any swap force thing... it is full stop now with anything skylanders this gen, the ssa and sg was great. the ps4 and x720 are coming holiday 2013 and all older games plus the figurines will not be compatible. the future skylanders games coming for the ps4 and x720 will be starting all over again, and from what we know now these new consoles will be heavy into the online social aspect of things. so there will be new skylanders games with online game play. the next skylanders game come in 2014 and will be for the wii-u,ps4 and x720. i am looking forward to the new skylanders game made by toy for bob that will run on my new ps4 smilie
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#39 Posted: 14:40:23 24/02/2013
Quote: kappapopm
i will not buy any swap force thing... it is full stop now with anything skylanders this gen, the ssa and sg was great. the ps4 and x720 are coming holiday 2013 and all older games plus the figurines will not be compatible. the future skylanders games coming for the ps4 and x720 will be starting all over again, and from what we know now these new consoles will be heavy into the online social aspect of things. so there will be new skylanders games with online game play. the next skylanders game come in 2014 and will be for the wii-u,ps4 and x720. i am looking forward to the new skylanders game made by toy for bob that will run on my new ps4 smilie

Where did you hear that? The Wii game will be compatible with the Wii U, and the same will probably be true for the PS3-PS4 and xBox360-xBox720. Skylanders work on EVERY game after the one they were released, and that will never change.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#40 Posted: 15:04:23 24/02/2013
the ps4 and x720 will not be backward compatible with the older games. the older usb ports that the portal need will not be on these consoles either. there maybe an exception for the wii-u since its more last gen than new gen. we will just have to see with that. there also a rumour going around that nintendo will drop the wii-u in 2016 and they will release a new console that is more in line with the ps4/x720 power wise.

anyway i am finished with skylanders for this time, i am now saving my money for a ps4. we all know activision and they will release a yearly skylanders game now. so a new skylanders game will be ready for the ps4. it will be made by toy for bob, so i think this will be a good thing. if i buy skylanders game in the future, it will be only from toy for bob. since i feel they have a better take on the skylanders and are the origins behind it all. by doing it this way i will go a year between each skylanders game. i will appreciate and enjoy the skylanders more by doing this and i will also save a lot of money instead of it being a yearly thing smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:06 24/02/2013 by kappapopm
goldbashmaster Green Sparx Gems: 170
#41 Posted: 15:44:32 24/02/2013
I pray they never stop making Skylanders.
---
Live to scalp, scalp to live.
#42 Posted: 20:36:53 24/02/2013
@ kappapom: true

@goldbashmaster: I think it will stop at 2015
---
Im so proud of you
#43 Posted: 20:52:35 24/02/2013
They mean its the physical disc thats not backward compatible. The new gen consoles are leaning towards digital copy, cloud and streaming games. This is a way to avoid rebuying used games and bring the social aspects of certain games.RIP Gamestop.Theres always a new portal every release sdue to new techs so this is expected. As long as this franchise keeps innovating and improving gameplay and features we will still em for couple more years.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:20:21 25/02/2013 by FLEIJA
#44 Posted: 20:56:57 24/02/2013
I really hope so.
---
Im so proud of you
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#45 Posted: 22:14:43 24/02/2013
With Skylanders 57, we actually penalize you for using S1's this time! smilie

... smilie

... smilie

... smilie

... :I

... :/

... smilie

Total failure, Activison.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#46 Posted: 01:25:06 25/02/2013
The only way the new figures won't work is if the the way the data is stored/read changes.

Very possible but highly unlikely anytime soon. The PS4/Xbox720 will both be infants by the time Skylanders 4 is coming out.
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#47 Posted: 04:48:43 26/02/2013
Quote: Imada
@ kappapom: true

@goldbashmaster: I think it will stop at 2015

Goldbashmaster likes it because he gets money from scalping.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#48 Posted: 06:57:01 26/02/2013
Let's see.....

1) Skylanders Swap Force is actually, adding some new features (like jumping for console versions and those special gates for Rocket climbing and whatever) however, that last example is a little sad how you must use only the Swapforce characters to play through these gates I wish you could also use older skylanders.

2) I'm pretty sure it'll be awhile before they make it that only new skylanders will work for the game for awhile. (granted they'd have to continue making skylander games but I don't see them ending them for some time.)

3) Really I'd like a little bit more in storyline. The 1st one was interesting but Giants just seemed a little short. So really, I'm hoping for a little more in storyline. Would also be nice if they included some of the skylanders in the storyline... because really the game treats all the skylanders as 1 character. And storylinewise the only time they really notice the difference was the Oracle, and that one kid who'd say something based on who you had out. Not saying they should adjust the script for each skylander but it'd be nice to maybe even give one or so a little more into the story.... I mean they all have backgrounds and Some it'd be cooler/nice if they go deeper into them. (like stealth Elf's mysterious past or Dino-rang's from another dimension.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#49 Posted: 15:31:23 26/02/2013
The thing is, a franchise with this is made to be updated regularly. Why? Because if there is not new stuff to collect, explore, etc. then people get bored and they focus their finances elsewhere. This has a lot more to do with the actual toys then the game, BUT because of this there has to be "game" for the toys to interact with or else the toys lose their purpose.

I'm really not sure what better solution there is then to make certain quality games and toys are being brought out this year. And I *do* agree with you if your point is a concern that this could become increasingly difficult with each new iteration. My boyfriend and I were discussing this last night, actually. Because both the figures and the games that accompany them have to be consistently awesome to keep people here. (Especially with the fact that new franchises for this type of game are coming out. i.e. Disney's product.) Equally important is that people have invested a TON in these little figures and Activision and its Skylanders Developers will face the challenge of keeping older figures relevant while making new figures appealing. Balancing this is going to become tough.

I think they are getting a lot of things right: They are doing themed figures for the new games, which are adding new mechanics or ideas. (Giants, Swap Force, etc.) They are providing a good range of nicely done figures for those who just want to play on a general level, as well as more challenging (or potentially corrupt, depending on one's mindset, but that's ultimately not Activision's fault...) collectables through stuff like Lightcore, Variants, Legendaries, Exclusives, etc. for people who love the hunt. (And they are out there--I know I enjoy this because I grew up with parents who did that for Antiques.)

Balance between these two aspects of the community, a commitment to quality within the Skylanders franchise and respect to their customers and OUR investment in their games are the three tiers that are going to need to be met to give future Skylanders releases their best shot at continuing to establish the brand as something to be proud to own. Because if any of these things slips you're going to end up with angry customers and since we DO invest so much to get these things, our wallets DO have a lot of sway.
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me