Page 1 of 1
The end of skylanders [CLOSED]
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1 Posted: 01:37:18 15/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Skylanders had its fun wit the first 2 games but still swap force most kids will want all of the figures and they wont understand why their parents cant by them the ssf skylanders so i dont think the will be making a 4 game cause of money reasons for most people, t should have just ended at gaints.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 01:42:50 15/02/2013
I may suggest that you learn how to write complete sentences so people can understand you. Skylanders Forever!

You do know they will own your SOUL before it's over, right?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:28 15/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
Pandaman Red Sparx Gems: 64
#3 Posted: 02:01:36 15/02/2013
Quote: shroom boom
Skylanders had its fun wit the first 2 games but still swap force most kids will want all of the figures and they wont understand why their parents cant by them the ssf skylanders so i dont think the will be making a 4 game cause of money reasons for most people, t should have just ended at gaints.

What?
---
The manliest of all men is a flippin' panda! smilie
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 02:23:51 15/02/2013
Check your use of periods (.) and commas (,) and then we'll talk so that you don't make a gigantic run-on sentence just to state how it is that you think that Skylanders should have ended at giants even though I completely disagree with what it is that you are saying since Skylanders is a good company and it may just go on for a really long time as people do like it even though it may it more and mor expensive each and every time a new game comes out.......
Yea...
(Sorry for basically mocking you, you should really just work on editing that 1 sentence...)
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#5 Posted: 02:49:07 15/02/2013
People are still gonna buy skylanders, they aren't gonna stop making games because I few bratty kids don't get what they want.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#6 Posted: 03:15:37 15/02/2013
Quote: isaac343018s
Check your use of periods (.) and commas (,) and then we'll talk so that you don't make a gigantic run-on sentence just to state how it is that you think that Skylanders should have ended at giants even though I completely disagree with what it is that you are saying since Skylanders is a good company and it may just go on for a really long time as people do like it even though it may it more and mor expensive each and every time a new game comes out.......
Yea...
(Sorry for basically mocking you, you should really just work on editing that 1 sentence...)

How charming.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#7 Posted: 03:17:31 15/02/2013
I am bilingual, but I don't speak whatever it is you are.
---
cry baby, I am
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#8 Posted: 03:20:03 15/02/2013
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

If you figure it out you'll be trilingual.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#9 Posted: 03:27:53 15/02/2013
I agree with Bakon Bitz. They are still gonna make skylanders because a few people don't buy the figures. Sure sales MAY go down, yet Activision won't stop milking the moolah!
(Proper use of punctuation)
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#10 Posted: 03:32:31 15/02/2013

Bahaha, and here i was thinking this topic was going to be depressing.
IceStar Gold Sparx Gems: 2186
#11 Posted: 03:32:54 15/02/2013
I think Activision will still make Skylanders, or any other Spyro game.
#12 Posted: 03:37:40 15/02/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz

If you figure it out you'll be trilingual.

But these words don't make any sense...
---
cry baby, I am
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#13 Posted: 04:50:58 15/02/2013
I seriesously doubt they are going to end Skylanders due to price. In reality they'll work on a way to reduce the price. Like I read somewhere. (or watched) that they were working on having the starter pack of the game cheaper. and they were talking about swap force. So they're working to make things fun, and better. Both graphics, gameplay, and price.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#14 Posted: 05:24:18 15/02/2013
Wasn't there a topic about 'the end of Skylanders?'
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#15 Posted: 06:51:46 15/02/2013
Quote: Aura24
Wasn't there a topic about 'the end of Skylanders?'

Isn't there always? :/
---
cry baby, I am
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#16 Posted: 12:14:08 15/02/2013
Despite what everyone is saying I found the OP readable.

I've been saying the exact same thing since the first game. But Activision is stuck in the mindset of "omg we wnt moar monies derp derp derp" so expect it to continue for a while, at least until people stop buying it.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#17 Posted: 17:03:22 15/02/2013
If anything kills Skylanders I suspect it'll be Disney infinity, given the similar use of toys and a portal, wider play modes due to the toy box (sand box) mode and indevidual 'play sets', and recognizable characters with preexisting fans and actual personalities.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#18 Posted: 17:12:32 15/02/2013
As new fans come to the skylanders franchise every game, Activision has yet to drain everyone's cash.
Disney's Infinity's the only major threat.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#19 Posted: 18:03:51 15/02/2013
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
If anything kills Skylanders I suspect it'll be Disney infinity, given the similar use of toys and a portal, wider play modes due to the toy box (sand box) mode and indevidual 'play sets', and recognizable characters with preexisting fans and actual personalities.

dont forget the online gameplay !
---
Expect the unexpected
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#20 Posted: 19:07:25 15/02/2013
wrong just wrong...
---
Team Hot Dog!
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#21 Posted: 19:15:18 15/02/2013
Quote: shroom boom

by far i think this is what the OP meant:
Skylanders was fun with its first 2 games. With swap force announced, most kids will want all of the figures. Some kids wont understand why their parents won't buy it for them. Some parents wont make it thru the 4th game due to financial reasons. It shud have ended with giants(Shud have stopped collecting after Giants)

to the OP after having the first game you shud have already known that this is an expensive hobby. your not forced to buy everything this is what this game makes a good as toy video game. and its your money and you have the control over it not kids controlling you. you shud always teach kids the real value of money.about patience, control, saving money and they shud know that working hard will get them something good in return. good parenting shud start while their very young or else youll be asking for trouble in the future.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#22 Posted: 19:39:57 15/02/2013

feature wise they have skylanders beat, but i just cant see disney characters bringing the audience that skylanders has
the great thing about skylanders is that it appeals to everyone.

perhaps im being biased though, i just see no appeal to any of the disney characters.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#23 Posted: 20:08:42 15/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion

feature wise they have skylanders beat, but i just cant see disney characters bringing the audience that skylanders has
the great thing about skylanders is that it appeals to everyone.

perhaps im being biased though, i just see no appeal to any of the disney characters.

i agree with you. I just don't see Disney infinity becoming as popular as Skylanders.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#24 Posted: 20:23:22 15/02/2013
I really have my reservations about Disney infinity.

My sone is strangly particular about mixing genres or IP's. So, even though he likes Monsters inc and Tron, he doesn't necessarily like them together.
#25 Posted: 22:32:36 15/02/2013
Quote: Cozmo
I really have my reservations about Disney infinity.

My sone is strangly particular about mixing genres or IP's. So, even though he likes Monsters inc and Tron, he doesn't necessarily like them together.

I have my doubts too...seems too clinical for me.

In the main adventure they will not be mixing IPs or genres, so no worries there. I personally think it won't be popular BECAUSE they won't allow it in adventure mode...only in toybox mode.

Skylanders better BRING IT for Swap Force... online game play minimum.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:11 15/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#26 Posted: 22:56:12 15/02/2013
absolutely, i think if skylanders dont bring any form of online play to the next game they will lose a chunk of their audience purely from fatigue of the same thing 3 times.
#27 Posted: 00:29:04 16/02/2013
well this is the new guitar hero vs rock band, CoD vs BF3
---
#28 Posted: 02:19:25 16/02/2013
Quote: FLEIJA

I vote you for Office Board Translator. Welcome, C3PO!
---
#29 Posted: 02:36:20 16/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: FLEIJA

I vote you for Office Board Translator. Welcome, C3PO!

lol working in an environment where cultural diversities clash together has its perks you know smilie btw i luv starwars smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me