Page 1 of 1
Do you think.... [CLOSED]
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1 Posted: 00:19:30 14/02/2013 | Topic Creator
That they will increase the level cap again?
Also, how will levels work, like if Wash Buckler is level 8 and Blast Zone is level 4, what level will Wash Zone be?
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#2 Posted: 00:22:41 14/02/2013
Quote: awesomerockets
That they will increase the level cap again?
Also, how will levels work, like if Wash Buckler is level 8 and Blast Zone is level 4, what level will Wash Zone be?

In all seriousness, I'm expecting the level cap to go up to 20, and a Swap Force part's maximum level would be 10, while the combined max would be 20.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#3 Posted: 00:57:55 14/02/2013
20 is what i expect as well, and i like your thoughts of 10 each and each lvl combines to make the 'actual' level of the character for swappables.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#4 Posted: 01:01:33 14/02/2013
yes but it would take twice as long if only one halph gets the exp. Random question: what if you put the legs on but no top? Would you play as disembodied legs? Or if you put only the top on would the top hop around?
---
Dead
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#5 Posted: 01:08:06 14/02/2013
I hope they just bump is to like 50 or something really high. So they can stop making new Skylanders and portals, and focus more on the game.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#6 Posted: 01:15:15 14/02/2013
Quote: mega spyro
yes but it would take twice as long if only one halph gets the exp. Random question: what if you put the legs on but no top? Would you play as disembodied legs? Or if you put only the top on would the top hop around?

it will come up with an error message similar to when there are too many skylanders on the portal

you cant play with half a character, nor can you play with 2 of the wrong halves.

Quote:
I hope they just bump is to like 50 or something really high. So they can stop making new Skylanders and portals, and focus more on the game.

the level cap has nothing to do with them making more or less skylanders and nothing to do with the portal not being compatible.

theyll always make more skylanders as thats where the money is (and i would hope they wouldnt stop making more characters smilie thats the best
thing about the game)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:54 14/02/2013 by IJJusion
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#7 Posted: 09:58:43 14/02/2013
^this and what it keeps our wallet empty all the time lol. will still support skylanders as we have fun playing with it.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#8 Posted: 10:24:59 14/02/2013
Quote: Jakemouse

... like they have with Skylanders Universe? smilie

My hope is still for a Gauntlet Legends spinoff where the characters go up to Level 100 and face more combat and less card/stone games and lock puzzles - but that would probably need to be a separate "experience level" like in Universe. And I doubt the figures were created from the beginning with that extra data storage in mind, so it'll probably never happen.
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#9 Posted: 11:22:03 14/02/2013
The legs wont interfere with the lvl, all the stuff about the character(Heroics, Gold, Lvl, Hats) will be stored in the top half, the bottom will only have upgrades of its own
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#10 Posted: 14:57:25 14/02/2013
That brings up a good point... So one character is going to have 2 chips (Top half and bottom half). If thats the case they may split the levels between the two, for example. Lets say you have Wash Buckler and he is at level 8 and you have Blast Zone at level 4, when you create Wash-Zone or Blast Buckler it would level out at 6. Makes since to me. But what happens if you have an odd number (ie 7) maybe they round down and only give you credit for 3. or give you full creadit at 3.5.
#11 Posted: 19:32:57 14/02/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
That brings up a good point... So one character is going to have 2 chips (Top half and bottom half). If thats the case they may split the levels between the two, for example. Lets say you have Wash Buckler and he is at level 8 and you have Blast Zone at level 4, when you create Wash-Zone or Blast Buckler it would level out at 6. Makes since to me. But what happens if you have an odd number (ie 7) maybe they round down and only give you credit for 3. or give you full creadit at 3.5.

they definitely have 2 chips, and i believe ive seen an interview that they said both halves gain experience when killing enemies
it makes more sense for each of the levels to combine to make the final level rather then dividing it.

ie: wash buckler has lvl 4 top and a lvl 3 bottom, combines the top half with a lvl 5 magna charge bottom to make a lvl 9
and they then cap it at lvl 10 (or whatever half of what the level cap ends up being as stated earlier in this thread)

as levels only give HP i dont think itll be a big deal if you have a higher level guy earlier in the game (especially considering you will probably
have a few lvl 15's from the previous game/games.)
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#12 Posted: 00:16:16 15/02/2013
According to this article level is stored in the upper half: http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...rce-two-brains/
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#13 Posted: 03:39:21 15/02/2013
What I believe from that article above me, is that the top will have EVERYTHING(except the bottom's upgrades. Duh!) To do with the skylander. I.E. Wash will have the money, experience, and HP and things like that while Buckler will only have the upgrades previously purchased. Not 100% certain, but would be nice.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#14 Posted: 05:20:18 15/02/2013
^That's what I gathered from the interview that one guy had with a black guy (The names escape me).

It makes sense considering the "top" part would have the brain AND the heart of the character irl.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me