Page 1 of 1
Swap Force Heroic Challenges [CLOSED]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#1 Posted: 21:35:54 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So assuming that they carry forward the same Heroic Challenge from the prior two games, there will be 32 new challenges for SSF. So that being said, are they going to scale back the stats of SG and SSA that maxed their stats from completing all 45 challenges in SG or SSF characters will start will elevated stats?
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#2 Posted: 21:57:12 13/02/2013
if they continue with Challenges (and they better, it's a core part of the game IMO) then stat bloat will always be an issue, so either they have to allow stats to get higher, the challenges to be worth less or keep the current limits and the current rewards and just say that any challenge beyond the limit just doesn't add anything.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#3 Posted: 23:09:35 13/02/2013
each character has a different stat limit - ie chop chop has about a limit of 50 armor while bash has a limit closer to 80, i would expect everything stays the same and they just add more heroic challenges, as once youve maxed out your character there will be no need to continue on with more heroics.

this allows new players not to be swamped by the amount of heroics.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 23:32:50 13/02/2013
Then unlocking Heroics is useless.

However, IJJ, when you take a maxed Heroic Skylander from Spyro's Adventure to Giants, their stats magically disappear. My Ghost Roasters Speed stat went from 91 to 67 just by playing him on Giants.

I didn't check others, but I can. They need to let the stats go higher than the stats of the previous game, while making the hard mode in each new game even tougher than the last, so adults can have a sense of challenge, while kids can still play on easy and have a blast.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#5 Posted: 01:17:58 14/02/2013
really? i barely touched heroics in SSA, so i havent experienced the difference in stats swapping them, as certain characters (like giants) have much higher caps there would still be a point to it..and also the fact that certain heroics reward more, so you could then optimise which ones you do

i like the idea of a hardmode for heroics..but they would need to reward more stat points then the standard heroic challenges, otherwise id just do the harder
ones once then go on easy mode to gain all the stat points for all the characters.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 02:12:40 14/02/2013
It sounds like a good idea, but TFB did make some Heroics downright impossible, which isn't a bad thing. Try doing Double Trouble's Heroic (paintings) with a fully upgraded zook, oh, and without the Anvil Rain. smilie

However, if they award more stat points due to completing them on hard, they still need to allow Skylanders' stats to pass their caps from previous games, instead of just taking them away.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#7 Posted: 02:20:56 14/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
It sounds like a good idea, but TFB did make some Heroics downright impossible, which isn't a bad thing. Try doing Double Trouble's Heroic (paintings) with a fully upgraded zook, oh, and without the Anvil Rain. smilie

However, if they award more stat points due to completing them on hard, they still need to allow Skylanders' stats to pass their caps from previous games, instead of just taking them away.

try drobot's with thumpback. >.<
#8 Posted: 02:34:47 14/02/2013

trust me, i know that all too well smilie
fully upgraded potion master pop fizz...one potion makes the room explode smilie
and yes..zook had similar issues (bazooka path) basically anyone that only has AOE abilities struggles to no end on that challenge

and it rewards 5 crit rating smilie wouldnt be so bad if it was just elemental power.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#9 Posted: 03:38:45 14/02/2013
If you stats are maxed give gold as a reward instead.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#10 Posted: 12:06:51 15/02/2013
Then unlocking Heroics is useless.

However, IJJ, when you take a maxed Heroic Skylander from Spyro's Adventure to Giants, their stats magically disappear. My Ghost Roasters Speed stat went from 91 to 67 just by playing him on Giants.

I didn't check others, but I can. They need to let the stats go higher than the stats of the previous game, while making the hard mode in each new game even tougher than the last, so adults can have a sense of challenge, while kids can still play on easy and have a blast.

Yeah but he'll still have 91 speed in SSA - the figures just records which heroics have been completed.

It's up to each game to determine what stat a specific heroic challenge will boost, and by how much. For balance reasons they may well change the bonuses again in SSF.

Edit: Also, every stat has at least as much bonus available in Giants as SSA - it gives you a reason to complete the new heroics with old figures.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:11:20 15/02/2013 by skelekon
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#11 Posted: 14:08:10 16/02/2013
Do you know they do have to give a reason for people to want to buy a whole set besides the collection screen and this is why right? Why is it people say this is something that is going to go away? They want people to buy the figures, having stats removed by not owning figures is like saying why buy them to some?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#12 Posted: 15:22:42 16/02/2013

How about doing it with a fully upgraded Double Trouble? xD
#13 Posted: 15:52:48 16/02/2013
You Break It You Buy It is easily doable by Thumpback once he gets his bite attack

Zook was a challenge. We didn't upgrade him at all, did all his speed challenges to max out his speed and then were just very very careful about where we shot.

DT was actually fairly easy on his first path (not the path that creates more doubles).
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
#14 Posted: 21:09:20 16/02/2013
DT is impossible when you get his ability that makes your basic attack shoot out 3 extra beams at nearby targets, if you shoot one guy, the beam arcs off and destroys all the nearby vases.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#15 Posted: 21:37:14 16/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
DT is impossible when you get his ability that makes your basic attack shoot out 3 extra beams at nearby targets, if you shoot one guy, the beam arcs off and destroys all the nearby vases.

Anvil rain will be the end of that problem.....if you have it.
#16 Posted: 21:43:06 16/02/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises

Anvil rain will be the end of that problem.....if you have it.

yup, you won't have a problem of shooting the vases... because they will all be smashed under anvils
---
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#17 Posted: 00:22:22 17/02/2013

I managed to do it with a fully upgraded DT Channeler on PS3 - if you just tap the attack button it shoots the closest guy but doesn't have time to generate the arcs to other targets.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
#18 Posted: 19:15:29 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I think it was kind of shady to only allow S2 characters to unlock their respective challenges in SG. I think the Wow Pow/Path Switching was enough of a value increase for an S2 that they didn't need to only allow S2s to unlock HCs.
---
chi_madnes Red Sparx Gems: 89
#19 Posted: 16:53:39 10/05/2013
Quote: X-Treme

try drobot's with thumpback. >.<

This stage is easy with all giants. You don't need to swing at all, just walk into the chompies to kill them.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#20 Posted: 23:02:31 10/05/2013
^ without stepping on the purple ones
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:07 10/05/2013 by Ninpire
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#21 Posted: 01:23:41 11/05/2013
They might give new characters older challenges, with just a few new ones.
I hope not.
If they did do that, they'd pretty much be making themselves add more Skylanders to fill every challenge each year.
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#22 Posted: 07:11:06 11/05/2013
yeah new HC
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
NiHenChou Green Sparx Gems: 101
#23 Posted: 17:59:47 12/05/2013
Wondering, how many lvls will there be in the new game? If there is a total of 32 new skylanders, and 1 soul gem for each, wouldn't there be 32 levels? or 2 soul gems in each lvl? Still, I kind of find the game a bit too short, like seriously, 16 lvls in skylanders giants? Someone can complete that in 3 hours.
---
Hate the stores in Canada. No good skylanders on sale.
Love Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz, they're like brothers.
#24 Posted: 14:55:26 13/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen anything that mentioned them for SF, I wonder if they are going to be included this time around.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me