s2 boomer [CLOSED]
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#1 Posted: 02:47:34 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
where is he?!
---
Team Hot Dog!
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#2 Posted: 02:49:38 11/02/2013
There is no such thing. There may be a s3 boomer, but we don't know yet.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 05:35:41 11/02/2013
Actually, they could call it S2, considering this will be the 2nd Boomer figure released, and it just might depend more on the figure and not the game.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#4 Posted: 07:01:52 11/02/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Actually, they could call it S2, considering this will be the 2nd Boomer figure released, and it just might depend more on the figure and not the game.

Well it depends when the figure was released, not what repose it got. In this game, the marketing tactic will be S3.
---
cry baby, I am
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#5 Posted: 07:18:07 11/02/2013
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

Well it depends when the figure was released, not what repose it got. In this game, the marketing tactic will be S3.

we don't know that yet. The new characters were shown as "series 1" which would indicate that the series is the toy iteration, not the game number, but really, we just don't know yet
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#6 Posted: 07:21:50 11/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream

we don't know that yet. The new characters were shown as "series 1" which would indicate that the series is the toy iteration, not the game number, but really, we just don't know yet

Oh, I didn't really mean game number, but series number. For instance, if they reposed Flashwing (Random idea probly not happening) then would it be S2 or S3? S2 was in 2012, so S3 would be 2013.
---
cry baby, I am
#7 Posted: 08:06:22 11/02/2013

Oh, I didn't really mean game number, but series number. For instance, if they reposed Flashwing (Random idea probly not happening) then would it be S2 or S3? S2 was in 2012, so S3 would be 2013.

except that there is no indication that the "series" designation is about the game number or the year. The only indication we have so far is that the "series" is the number of the toy. Thus, the first pose of a character is "series 1" and a repose is "series 2". We already have the base color to tell us which game it goes with
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#8 Posted: 11:33:39 11/02/2013
^ When you put gill grunt S1 on the portal on the first game it just said gill grunt. When you put S1 gill grunt on the portal on the second game he said series 1. When you bought the S2 version and put it on the second game it said S2. When you put flashwing on the portal I the second game it didn't say S2, it doesn't say anything which implies S2. My guess that is if boomer is remade he might say S2.
#9 Posted: 11:51:05 11/02/2013
Same here, so it depends on the figure.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#10 Posted: 12:25:18 11/02/2013
He has not been made.......sadly.
#11 Posted: 12:26:51 11/02/2013
Quote: slambam104

and you know this how?
---
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#12 Posted: 12:29:21 11/02/2013
Well yet I should say because he may be made he may not be made.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#13 Posted: 13:20:24 11/02/2013
dont post something if you dont know its true
---
you never saw me
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 13:51:10 11/02/2013

and you know this how?

If we're assuming Spyro context, we have one released Boomer. If we're assuming Giants context, there is no Boomer. If we're assuming Swap Force context, we don't know yet. End of story.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#15 Posted: 13:53:10 11/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

and you know this how?

If we're assuming Spyro context, we have one released Boomer. If we're assuming Giants context, there is no Boomer. If we're assuming Swap Force context, we don't know yet. End of story.

as this is the Swap Force forum (as opposed to the Toy forum) then Swap Force is the obvious implied context.
---
#16 Posted: 18:48:17 11/02/2013
A TFB employee has stated that Boomer will be back.
---
cry baby, I am
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#17 Posted: 18:51:09 11/02/2013
He stated he may be back.
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#18 Posted: 18:59:03 11/02/2013
I'd buy a Series 3 Boomer, but only because I've never played SSA and never had the opportunity to purchase him in stores. Plus his Series 1 looks like crap lol.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#19 Posted: 19:41:03 11/02/2013
My theory for the 16 "returning" Skylanders is going to be the remaining 8 from the original game being given a second run. 4 of the "flagship" characters, such as Spyro, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, etc. and 4 of the base characters from Giants getting a repose. That would set up 4 flagship, the 4 remaining Giant base Skylanders and probably half of the new base SF Skylanders for the 4th Game along with whatever the theme is.

Add in Lightforce and Legendary variants for whatever random pattern you want to apply.
#20 Posted: 20:00:50 11/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

and you know this how?

as this is the Swap Force forum (as opposed to the Toy forum) then Swap Force is the obvious implied context.
I assumed as much but everything I'm hearing here confused me and I like to be clear.

So, without official word from Activision, the answer really is "We don't know." Even if someone at the convention said "will" "may" whatever it doesn't mean anything until the company releases a statement.

If you want speculation, I'm sure everyone here so far is assuming the 8 left behind in S2 from S1 will be back in S3, but again...who knows.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:02:36 11/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 20:03:50 11/02/2013
Quote: Jakemouse
I'd buy a Series 3 Boomer, but only because I've never played SSA and never had the opportunity to purchase him in stores. Plus his Series 1 looks like crap lol.

Actually, you should see his prototypes. I think he looks great by comparison.
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#22 Posted: 20:08:35 11/02/2013
Whamshell better get an S3 since there are many who never were able to get him in SSA. Whammy and Warnado could use a good Wow Pow to put them on par with some of the greats.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#23 Posted: 23:56:11 11/02/2013
That goes double for smilie and smilie as they are already amazing Skylanders why not make them even better? Besides they were big favorites for me in both games and yeah Zylek all the other non returning guys need a repose. I'm sure we can all agree that we can live with less smilie or smilie out there.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#24 Posted: 00:00:53 12/02/2013
I can't believe people think S2 related to the fact they were for the second game and not because they were the second figure produced for the character used to differentiate for the first version. Like really though?
#25 Posted: 02:29:54 12/02/2013
I'm not used to collecting character series, but I too thought the series notation would be according to the year it was produced, not the xth iteration of the character. After digesting it, it would actually be more logical to use the character iteration...

We'll see soon enough.
---
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#26 Posted: 03:46:31 12/02/2013
yes, its definitely the character version as to what series they are, further proof of this (if its even required smilie ) is from the demo when summoning characters like 'roller brawl' she comes up on the portal screen with 'series 1' beneath her name

at the same time, as a blanket statement referring to 'returning favorites' from SSF as 's3' is understood by everyone smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:47:20 12/02/2013 by IJJusion
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#27 Posted: 21:06:05 12/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster617
That goes double for smilie and smilie as they are already amazing Skylanders why not make them even better? Besides they were big favorites for me in both games and yeah Zylek all the other non returning guys need a repose. I'm sure we can all agree that we can live with less smilie or smilie out there.

THIS.
#28 Posted: 21:40:22 12/02/2013

You never know.... Wrecking ball's wow pow just might be a game changer!
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#29 Posted: 22:08:14 12/02/2013
i never got s1 wrecking ball..so im looking forward to s2 wrecking ball....and hes also so damn adorable! smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#30 Posted: 22:17:51 12/02/2013

It's mainly a cosmetic change; a disco ball replaces his force field.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#31 Posted: 23:22:49 12/02/2013
Quote: Matteomax

It's mainly a cosmetic change; a disco ball replaces his force field.

From the previews....yes it looks like a cosmetic change, but let's not jump to conclusions;he's not out yet.
CaptainPenguin Red Sparx Gems: 42
#32 Posted: 00:08:08 13/02/2013
I am hoping to get series 2 wrecking ball apparently he gets tusks aswell.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Need Thumpback,Eye Brawl,and Hotdog
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#33 Posted: 23:46:57 13/02/2013
how could you say that! Just kidding. But still smilie is my favorite and smilie's challange is great for heroic challanger (if they have quests in this game) and when I saw the pow wow for him I just started laughing
---
Dead
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#34 Posted: 15:06:38 14/02/2013
The debate on "Is it S2 or S3?". People say it is either based off of the year he was created or amount of poses was created. I say it is and should be based off the base of the chip. S1 = Green base, S2 = Orange Base and S3 = Blue base. This would help parents in determining what series to look for Blue/Orange/Green?
bobafett222red Green Sparx Gems: 491
#35 Posted: 00:27:34 10/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion
i never got s1 wrecking ball..so im looking forward to s2 wrecking ball....and hes also so damn adorable! smilie

my brother got wrecking ball today.
---
I bring the star wars to darkspyro
bobafett222red Green Sparx Gems: 491
#36 Posted: 23:39:45 13/04/2013
Quote: Zylek
Whamshell better get an S3 since there are many who never were able to get him in SSA. Whammy and Warnado could use a good Wow Pow to put them on par with some of the greats.

they have a skylanders tower carry case that comes with whamshell
---
I bring the star wars to darkspyro
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#37 Posted: 03:07:01 14/04/2013
Quote: bobafett222red
Quote: Zylek

they have a skylanders tower carry case that comes with whamshell

SO?!

also i think its gonna be how many games the skylander was playable in like boomer was playable in both games so he would be series 3 i think. flashwing would be series 2 since its her 2nd game
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#38 Posted: 21:13:19 14/04/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
^ When you put gill grunt S1 on the portal on the first game it just said gill grunt. When you put S1 gill grunt on the portal on the second game he said series 1. When you bought the S2 version and put it on the second game it said S2. When you put flashwing on the portal I the second game it didn't say S2, it doesn't say anything which implies S2. My guess that is if boomer is remade he might say S2.

It's not about which game they come from or which version of the character they are. It's about what the figures can/can't do. Newlanders don't have the series 2 abilities, therefore are not series 2.

What we know for sure is:
Series 1 figures have standard layouts and are locked into paths
Lightcores have standard layouts, are locked on their path and have lightbomb
Series 2 figures have a wow-pow and can change paths.
Series 3 figures have two wow-pows

The base shows the game, the 'series' lets you know what extra abilities they have.
If a new Boomer (which I'm not holding my breath for) came out with one wow-pow, you'd expect him to be called Series 2. If he had two wow-pows, you'd expect him to be called Series 3.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#39 Posted: 21:37:18 15/04/2013
im gonna laugh so hard if boomer has one wow pow and then they're like "SERIES 3 BOOMER" on the box smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me