darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Which Skylander Should Be Given Their Walking Papers
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Which Skylander Should Be Given Their Walking Papers [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 02:41:50 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, time for another yearly adventure. Which Skylanders can you honestly say were so terrible or simply so overexposed you would be happy if they just never showed up again?

My vote is for over-exposure is Eruptor and Drobot. My vote on being useless is ShroomBoom.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#2 Posted: 02:47:38 11/02/2013
I agree with the over-exposure and equally uselessness of Eruptor and Drobot.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#3 Posted: 03:00:51 11/02/2013
None...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 03:16:19 11/02/2013
Hex and Cynder. Hex im not sure why we have so many of her and Cynder seems to pop up in a lot of things.

Eruptor seems to be a bit more oversaturated too.

Personally I'd like to see more of Dino Rang.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#5 Posted: 03:34:59 11/02/2013
Serie 3 is pretty pointless when you have backware comptability. Maybe keep it for very good character like Spyro
---
THE END IS NEAR
SkylanderSchool Blue Sparx Gems: 658
#6 Posted: 04:13:33 11/02/2013
Series 3 should just be the figures that did not have series2.
---
Guess what?
Your face.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#7 Posted: 05:13:04 11/02/2013
Hex is amazing smilie dont get rid of her!

I agree with eruptor and shroomboom for uselessness...but theyre pretty cool figures ;p.
Boomer needs a massive rework in design...or should walk. (toy wise, in game hes OK)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:14:19 11/02/2013 by IJJusion
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#8 Posted: 10:37:29 11/02/2013
^Agree x1000000000000
---
i am trash
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#9 Posted: 11:31:58 11/02/2013
Not so much that they'd never appear, but I do wish the games would only make new Skylanders with their game. E.g. With Giants, they took out the 32 lightcore and reposes and instead focused on more characters, and Swapforce would ignore the series 3 and lightcore, instead making 24 new characters. Of course all figures would be forward compatible.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#10 Posted: 12:32:20 11/02/2013
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Not so much that they'd never appear, but I do wish the games would only make new Skylanders with their game. E.g. With Giants, they took out the 32 lightcore and reposes and instead focused on more characters, and Swapforce would ignore the series 3 and lightcore, instead making 24 new characters. Of course all figures would be forward compatible.

Swap Force will include 32 new characters already. the 16 reposes are just that - reposes. You are under no obligation to buy them, but they aren't "replacing" 16 new characters. it's not as if they didn't do reposes or light core that they would do even more new characters instead. New characters need to be designed, skills created, sculpted, 3D rendered, play tested, balanced, molds cast, mass produced and we want them all to be good and original and fun to play and all previous characters have to be coded into the new game as well. I'm already worried that 32 new characters is too much. Remember, Boomer made it into the first game. Just imagine what the 33rd best character was, the one that didn't make it.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#11 Posted: 12:42:42 11/02/2013
I personally think there should have been more new characters with giants, but theyre making up for it in swap force.

Also There's too much stealth elf, drobot, hex, eruptor, and prism break. I mean sure their figures were cool the first time around, and prism break being the coolest out of all those. But i find they arent really that good in the game, and activision is over doing it. Each new game should have its own advertising faces. Not the same ones from the first game.
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#12 Posted: 13:14:23 11/02/2013
Chill/Eruptor/Shroomboom/Lightning Rod/Hex/Most_of_the_giants = all useless.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 13:53:22 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: nitendofan92
Serie 3 is pretty pointless when you have backware comptability. Maybe keep it for very good character like Spyro

Yeah, I'm with you--but Activision isn't going to be endlessly creating and releasing every game characters---their idea is for you to buy their "latest" incarnation of them for the game.

Quote: DragonsDream
New characters need to be designed, skills created, sculpted, 3D rendered, play tested, balanced, molds cast, mass produced and we want them all to be good and original and fun to play and all previous characters have to be coded into the new game as well. I'm already worried that 32 new characters is too much.

We have the new engine, so EVERY SINGLE SKYLANDER ever created (including variants that show an on screen difference) has to be ported over. AND every single skylander has to have jump animation which is new. AND if there's any new capability they have to be created. All before you even start to consider the new characters.

So, from that perspective--I get why they are "reusing" characters. It also makes sense because from a manufacturing standpoint; I don't see them creating S1 S2 and S3 characters for an infinite amount of time---they will say "simply go and buy the latest incarnation of these characters" if someone is new--or tell them to take their chances on ebay. Their development costs are going to be scaling upwards until the series is done--and that's what they bought off when they claimed backwards compatibility.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:00:27 11/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#14 Posted: 13:58:39 11/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Yeah, I'm with you--but Activision isn't going to be endlessly creating and releasing every game characters---their idea is for you to buy their "latest" incarnation of them for the game.

The problem here is that the video game aspect is overriding the toy aspect. If the toy aspect drove things, there would be no "series 2" or "series x" at all. You'd buy a Spyro toy or a Tree Rex toy and be done with it, and that Spyro or Tree Rex would work on any game created after they came out. That would mean the SSA toys would just be in constant production, just like a Star Wars figure or a barbie or a GI Joe character. But since we are thinking in terms of annual video games and the asociated figures, they are going to want to promote certain characters each game. Thus we get "updates" of toys we already own.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#15 Posted: 14:30:47 11/02/2013
I completely, loudly agree about Eruptor. After getting a S2 and LC, Drobot as well. Cynder definitely wore out her welcome after being spammed into too many packs plus an unnecessary single pack. For me, Stump Smash can take a hike too.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#16 Posted: 15:15:18 11/02/2013
stealth elf, Cynder, Lightning Rod, and Drobot I say. I like Cynder and Drobot, but they have to go.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:14 12/02/2013 by awesomerockets
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 15:17:09 11/02/2013
Chill and Shroomboom
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#18 Posted: 15:58:13 11/02/2013
I'd say Chop Chop, Stump Smash, Flameslinger, Lightning Rod, Prism Break, Double Trouble(I still love him),Chill and Drill Sergant( Love him too)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#19 Posted: 16:36:18 11/02/2013
I have to say Cynder, Tree Rex, and Jet-Vac. Jammed into way too many starter packs...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#20 Posted: 16:48:07 11/02/2013
Hex ain't bad/useless,but she had enough figures(She needed better exposure though,Cynder gets the most attention when it comes to Undead). Eruptor is getting too overused, so are Stealth Elf and Chop Chop. On account of being terrible, Shromboom. Interesting story, but they didn't give him enough thought to be worth buying. I'd also say Freeze Blade because Ice powers are getting overused and Roller Brawl for having nothing to do with Undead, but we haven't seen enough of them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 17:20:46 11/02/2013
Wait a second... Walking papers? Is that a reference to...
[User Posted Image]
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#22 Posted: 19:02:30 11/02/2013
Lol what is that? ^ I think walking papers is a pretty common term used to describe someones future absence from something.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#23 Posted: 19:30:21 11/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
Quote: GhostRoaster

The problem here is that the video game aspect is overriding the toy aspect. If the toy aspect drove things, there would be no "series 2" or "series x" at all. You'd buy a Spyro toy or a Tree Rex toy and be done with it, and that Spyro or Tree Rex would work on any game created after they came out. That would mean the SSA toys would just be in constant production, just like a Star Wars figure or a barbie or a GI Joe character. But since we are thinking in terms of annual video games and the asociated figures, they are going to want to promote certain characters each game. Thus we get "updates" of toys we already own.

the way i see it is s2/s3 etc isnt made for everyone its made for 2 types of people.

1: the collector
2: the new players to the game that like some of the older characters that they cant get anymore

it also gives activision reason to make the old characters compatible with the new game, as they can still recoup developement costs for
porting them all across with reposed old figures (which obviously take a lot less resources to make)

i get the s2 versions when i didnt get the s1 version, itll be the same for s3, the extra wow pow/switching paths isnt enough to warrant another
of the same figure
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#24 Posted: 22:37:05 11/02/2013
as long as they kick out drobot and don't let people play as him at all im fine
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#25 Posted: 22:39:40 11/02/2013
We need more Warnado, and Wham-Shell.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#26 Posted: 22:51:06 11/02/2013
Quote: yokey25

Woah... Woah... Woah... What? Why should you care if they let people play as certain characters or not?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:25 11/02/2013 by bionicle2809
#27 Posted: 23:47:39 11/02/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

Woah... Woah... Woah... What? Why should you care if they let people play as certain characters or not?

i think hes been owned by drobot one too many times in pvp.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#28 Posted: 23:48:48 11/02/2013
^True x10
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#29 Posted: 03:52:29 12/02/2013
I really don't care which ones don't make it, though I think Sunburn, Dino-Rang, and Warnado deserve remakes.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#30 Posted: 04:24:10 12/02/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I think alot of the unreposed eight from the original game should get a shot for S3, but don't
forget the new sixteen Lightcore characters people, alot of your favorites will get to be S3 OR Lightcore.

yes, i dont believe we will get an s3 spyro, but a lightcore spyro i could see happening.

so there are many possibilities as to what could be coming back for a s3/lightcore remake
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:36 12/02/2013 by IJJusion
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#31 Posted: 04:30:37 12/02/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I think alot of the unreposed eight from the original game should get a shot for S3, but don't
forget the new sixteen Lightcore characters people, alot of your favorites will get to be S3 OR Lightcore.

There is only 8 new light cores.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
DarkPr1nce Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#32 Posted: 13:12:55 12/02/2013
Man would I love to see Lightcore Sunburn.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#33 Posted: 13:42:56 12/02/2013
I was working on upgrading some skylanders last night, and it was the first time i really gave dino rang a try. His boomerang upgrades are pretty kick butt! He owned in the arena challenges after i bought all his moves. It made him a new fave.

I'd love to see the "missing 8" make a return, and since so many people agree i think we can expect to see that happen. fingers crossed!
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#34 Posted: 16:22:33 12/02/2013
Boomer just wasn't popular, and I for one don't care much for Cynder, Wrecking Ball, Eruptor, or Jet Vac.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#35 Posted: 00:34:32 13/02/2013
Get rid of those morons Hex (overrated), Cynder (overrated), Shroomboom (worst Life Skylander), Prism Break (really overrated), Flameslinger (too weak and overrated), Whirlwind (overrated and boring), and let Sunburn (all time favourite), Dino-Rang (also a favourite), Wham Shell, and the non-reposed another chance of the spotlight.

Although I'll probably be destroyed by the massive fanbase for saying this, I kind of wish Spyro wouldn't be splattered all over everything just because he's the "title character". I want to see more of some of the more "minor" Skylanders take the lead role.

Please don't Ripto me, dark.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#36 Posted: 01:50:48 13/02/2013
Boomer and Dino-Rang are nonexistent and Ebay is asking a pretty penny for Boomer...Didn't even bother checking Dino-Rang after I saw that.
---
Here we go again...!
ET55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2663
#37 Posted: 10:07:53 13/02/2013
They have 2 triple packs ( the ones with boomer in) at my local Tesco. Only £20.00 i believe.
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#38 Posted: 12:58:18 13/02/2013
Quote: Skylanders Dad
Boomer and Dino-Rang are nonexistent and Ebay is asking a pretty penny for Boomer...Didn't even bother checking Dino-Rang after I saw that.

You're kidding, right? There are TONS of Boomers and Dino Rangs on eBay, some for as low as 10 bucks.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#39 Posted: 13:16:43 13/02/2013
Dino-Rang is on Amazon right now for $9.99
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#40 Posted: 14:02:08 13/02/2013
Quote: Trigger Fizz
Quote: Skylanders Dad

You're kidding, right? There are TONS of Boomers and Dino Rangs on eBay, some for as low as 10 bucks.

Yep...I just checked Dino Rang and he is a TON cheaper than Boomer...Like I said...I didn't check him after seeing how obnoxious Boomer cost on Ebay (I've never seen either in an actual store so I just lumped them together I guess). Thanks for the heads up.

I would love to find me a boomer that is in the area of $10.

The cheapest one I have seen sell sold for $28 after shipping....and most are in the $40 range.

Recent completed listings:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...landers&_sop=15
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:21:23 13/02/2013 by Skylanders Dad
#41 Posted: 18:44:11 13/02/2013
my local GameStop has the Boomer 3 pack still for regular retail price. of course, my local GameStop is in Stockholm, Sweden so that may not help you much

also
http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv...ders_dino_rang/
http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv...er_prism_break/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:41 13/02/2013 by DragonsDream
#42 Posted: 20:11:14 13/02/2013
Quote: Jakemouse
Lol what is that? ^ I think walking papers is a pretty common term used to describe someones future absence from something.

Oh, I've never really heard the phrase before, but Robot and Monster is a TV show on Nickelodeon. I haven't seen it on for a while but there was an episode where Monster lost his walking license and had to go to walking school and kept failing his walking test.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#43 Posted: 00:04:20 14/02/2013
smilie is good down the eruption path so they shouldn't get rid of him. smilie is junk since if an enemy is close the mushroom just flies over! (my LC smilie got killed by a CHOMPIE this way, at level 10!) smilie is slower that molases even with chalanges and a hat and when you get in close you kill all ememies. Big whoop! Crusher,s hammer is garbage since it smashes (usaually misses) and he takes 2 seconds to get it out! I thought the turn to stone was overpowered before I played him but when I did I figured out it was only so he had a small chanse to hit something. The boulders suck but my walkthrough says Quote: My junky walkthrough book
Rockslide is the perfect attack to utilize when Crusher is surrounded by enemies. He breaks up into several boulders and blasts out inflicting low damage to any enimies in range (the spread is quite wide). Executing this attack makes Crusher difficult to hit. That makes it an exelent defensive tactic as well as an area-of-effect attack.
How ever they fail to mention if five enimies hit a boulder it is five times the damage!
---
Dead
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#44 Posted: 00:36:04 14/02/2013
Quote: mega spyro
smilie is good down the eruption path so they shouldn't get rid of him. smilie is junk since if an enemy is close the mushroom just flies over! (my LC smilie got killed by a CHOMPIE this way, at level 10!) smilie is slower that molases even with chalanges and a hat and when you get in close you kill all ememies. Big whoop! Crusher,s hammer is garbage since it smashes (usaually misses) and he takes 2 seconds to get it out! I thought the turn to stone was overpowered before I played him but when I did I figured out it was only so he had a small chanse to hit something. The boulders suck but my walkthrough says Quote: My junky walkthrough book
Rockslide is the perfect attack to utilize when Crusher is surrounded by enemies. He breaks up into several boulders and blasts out inflicting low damage to any enimies in range (the spread is quite wide). Executing this attack makes Crusher difficult to hit. That makes it an exelent defensive tactic as well as an area-of-effect attack.
How ever they fail to mention if five enimies hit a boulder it is five times the damage!

[User Posted Image]

TOO MUCH HATE!

Anyway, I wish they would stop with stealth elf though, just too much.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#45 Posted: 00:53:59 14/02/2013
i agree that shroomboom needs some fixing. smilie but eruptor is at best average down any path.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#46 Posted: 01:29:30 14/02/2013
NOBODY should kick drobot off the roster. he's one of my faves!!!
---
you never saw me
#47 Posted: 00:15:16 15/02/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
NOBODY should kick drobot off the roster. he's one of my faves!!!

downbot should go he is over powerd and my brother even said that and he loves drobot
(I tricked him though)
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
#48 Posted: 00:17:20 15/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
Quote: bionicle2809

i think hes been owned by drobot one too many times in pvp.

yeah because its unfair because drobot can hold his lasers and they are long-range
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me